Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

graph - while this pittsburgh thread is good, i believe i need to start another video games containment posting station

although all last of us chat will stay in this thread

There's a Games forum if you need to regress back to your childhood, instead of discussing Pittsburgh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Blackula69 posted:

graph - while this pittsburgh thread is good, i believe i need to start another video games containment posting station

try your luck.

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
forums poster tusen takk suggested there's a pretty good vidego games thread in byob.

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it
pittsburgh is the greatest city God gave man and I will literally beat the poo poo out of you if you disagree

Apr 7, 2003

Pirates open Sunday, i don't have tickets but I'll probably go downtown and hit the tailgate parties in the lots anyway.

Radio is actually bitching about losing Alvarez's home run potential, they seem to forget that he struck out constantly and posted a 0.1 WAR despite hitting 27 home runs in 2015, Jaso is an upgrade in every single way and gets on base like some kind of magical dreadlocked leprechaun.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pirates open Sunday, i don't have tickets but I'll probably go downtown and hit the tailgate parties in the lots anyway.

Radio is actually bitching about losing Alvarez's home run potential, they seem to forget that he struck out constantly and posted a 0.1 WAR despite hitting 27 home runs in 2015, Jaso is an upgrade in every single way and gets on base like some kind of magical dreadlocked leprechaun.

i think pirates fans get a little stockholmy on the two previous iterations of winning teams

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
serpico hit a grand salami yesterday ftw. i think he's going to be real good this year for the pirates

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I feel really bad for the Pirates because I lived in Atlanta from 1989-1994 and got to witness them being amazing but literally one game not good enough. I'm glad they have made the playoffs recently.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Citizen Tayne posted:

There's a Games forum if you need to regress back to your childhood, instead of discussing Pittsburgh.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Let's Go See The Bucs!

(Can't embed, on mobile).

Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

i think pirates fans get a little stockholmy on the two previous iterations of winning teams

Absolutely, fact of the matter is that Alvarez was a draft bust and a liability. He was lucky enough to be above average at the showiest thing in baseball, but he was subpar at everything else.

Jaso is not a power man but he has an incredible eye at the plate and he is defensively a far better player than Alvarez will ever be.

graph posted:

serpico hit a grand salami yesterday ftw. i think he's going to be real good this year for the pirates

Agreeing with this, and even without home runs the Royals have proven that putting men on the bags by any means necessary turns into points on the board. The dead ball era strategies still work.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Lol at calling video games trash for children and then circlejerking endlessly about sports

pittsburgh is a city that was probably named after someone but I can't be arsed to read that much of its wikipedia page

Apr 7, 2003

haveblue posted:

Lol at calling video games trash for children and then circlejerking endlessly about sports

guy no one likes who has no friends: "SPORTSBALL" :iamafag:

Sports are an outlet for human tribalism and bring people together during bad times. Pittsburgh was economically falling apart in the seventies and early eighties but we had the Pirates and the Steelers to hold us together.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

pittsburgh is a city that was probably named after someone but I can't be arsed to read that much of its wikipedia page

Brad Pittsburgh. Before that it was called Wahlburgh. It's a weird city but still the best one - with the best sports, people, industry, and culture - in the history of the world.

Apr 7, 2003

ScrubLeague posted:

Brad Pittsburgh. Before that it was called Wahlburgh. It's a weird city but still the best one - with the best sports, people, industry, and culture - in the history of the world.

Carnegie Hall was named after Andrew Carnegie, who lived in Pittsburgh.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ScrubLeague posted:

I feel really bad for the Pirates because I lived in Atlanta from 1989-1994 and got to witness them being amazing but literally one game not good enough. I'm glad they have made the playoffs recently.

spanky missing bream by inches :(

absolutely loving harrowing

Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

Also the ladies go apeshit for him

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i will miss necklips though. i hope he finds success elsewhere after being on the pirates

Apr 7, 2003

Necklips is with the Dodgers now. Also lol that he rode a scooter out of the clubhouse and out of Pittsburgh sports

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

my sports law prof is a pittsburgh fan so we hear lots about the pirates and steelers in class.

Apr 7, 2003

Sanchez is with the Blue Jays now, I wish him luck and he will always have a place in my heart.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Citizen Tayne posted:

guy no one likes who has no friends: "SPORTSBALL" :iamafag:

Sports are an outlet for human tribalism and bring people together during bad times. Pittsburgh was economically falling apart in the seventies and early eighties but we had the Pirates and the Steelers to hold us together.

if you're going to circlejerk do it about something that is at least tangentially related to computers and doesn't force taxpayers to fund stadiums. pittsburgh has people in it probably

Apr 7, 2003

haveblue posted:

if you're going to circlejerk do it about something that is at least tangentially related to computers and doesn't force taxpayers to fund stadiums. pittsburgh has people in it probably

ITT sperg nerd cannot understand why Pittsburghers enjoy social activities

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I understand, it's to take your mind off the rest of pittsburgh

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Travis Snyder played in Pittsburgh but then the Orioles picked him up and like everything else from Pittsburgh he sucked. Now we have no left fielders and no good starting pitchers, because Pittsburgh sucks rear end forever.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I'll miss Alvarez's monster home runs for the sheer spectacle but he was a liability on offense and defense, no doubt.

WHYGAVS had a good post on the rotation and the role of fifth starters.

His blog is irreplaceable for pirates writing.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

graph posted:

forums poster tusen takk suggested there's a pretty good vidego games thread in byob.

Not entirely sure what this has to do with Pittsburgh tho.

Byob is like Pittsburgh in that both suck I guess.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Citizen Tayne posted:

Carnegie Hall was named after Andrew Carnegie, who lived in Pittsburgh.

do you pronounce it correctly

Apr 7, 2003

Pittsburgh hosts the National Supercomputing Center. Everything about Pittsburgh is computer-related.

The Pirates base their decisions heavily on statistics, which is also very computer.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

haveblue posted:

pittsburgh has people in it probably

Actually it doesn't. 305k, which is less than Cleveland and far less than Baltimore, which is a better city than Pittsburgh.

Apr 7, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

Actually it doesn't. 305k, which is less than Cleveland and far less than Baltimore, which is a better city than Pittsburgh.

The county has 1.2m people in it, and the county is smaller than Jacksonville FL. Pittsburgh's "low population" is the result of balkanization and artificially restrained cit limit size.

Apr 7, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

Travis Snyder played in Pittsburgh but then the Orioles picked him up and like everything else from Pittsburgh he sucked. Now we have no left fielders and no good starting pitchers, because Pittsburgh sucks rear end forever.

We got Travis Snider back from the Orioles for free. lmao. Inside job.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Citizen Tayne posted:

The county has 1.2m people in it, and the county is smaller than Jacksonville FL. Pittsburgh's "low population" is the result of balkanization and artificially restrained cit limit size.

I agree, Pittsburgh sucks in a myriad of ways.

Apr 7, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

I agree, Pittsburgh sucks in a myriad of ways.

Pittsburgh is better than Baltimore, and also our baseball team is in the correct league with the correct rules.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Citizen Tayne posted:

We got Travis Snider back from the Orioles for free. lmao. Inside job.

He sucks, op, just like Pittsburgh.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Pittsburgh seems a lot like yospos

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh is better than Baltimore, and also our baseball team is in the correct league with the correct rules.

Pittsburgh, like 14 other cities, plays Incorrect Baseball where the crowd is forced to watch pitchers pee their pants and hope to pull a walk.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

graph posted:

if only there was a video games thread in pittsburgh

Apr 7, 2003

more like dICK posted:

Pittsburgh seems a lot like yospos

There are a lot of fat awkward people with beards in Pittsburgh, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
quick reminder: don't have opinions about forums stuff and pittsburgh is forums stuff apparently

• Locked thread