Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Prog Rock: The musical movement that dared to ask "Why not write a ten minute long song about Ayn Rand?"

Prog rock is cool

Prog is the only art form that gets better the further the artist is up their own rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pomp posted:

Prog is the only art form that gets better the further the artist is up their own rear end.

Rap

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rap is all about who can nerd out the most though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Does not preclude the former

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Oh my god so HYPE

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

What time is it airing on crunchyroll?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

2 hours from now, provided they add the page to the website.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I guess HS isn't doing Jojo this time around

e: oh probably something with their autoreleaser isn't set up since it's a new season or w/e

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aurora posted:

I guess HS isn't doing Jojo this time around

e: oh probably something with their autoreleaser isn't set up since it's a new season or w/e

Crunchyroll don't have a page section up for DiU so anyone running something that auto rips/uploads has no where to set up a script or whatever yet.

Weird they're leaving it so late.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Crunchyroll don't have a page section up for DiU so anyone running something that auto rips/uploads has no where to set up a script or whatever yet.

Weird they're leaving it so late.

Maybe for this exact reason?

Edit: QTA46XDYP5L Crunchy guest pass for a jo bro

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

KidDynamite posted:

Maybe for this exact reason?

Probably not. It's not going to stop it at any sort of length and rather, it causes issues for people who have CR.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJolion UJ adverts!
The first of them is awesome.

e:
Keep an eye on the crowd when Josuke stabs the knife through Angelo.
A certain mangaka is there, as well as some other future fight characters.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 1, 2016

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
yeah I saw that too, I was hoping they would do this

hatty fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 1, 2016

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Where the hell are you guys watching?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It was the Japanese broadcast on Tokyo MX

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

hatty posted:

This is exactly the stuff that I hoped they'd do and I love it.

Please let there be an average looking salaryman with a sandwich bag in the background at somepoint

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

This is exactly the stuff that I hoped they'd do and I love it.

Please let there be an average looking salaryman with a sandwich bag in the background at somepoint

Spoiler for new anime only content:
The ep literally starts with Kira making breakfast for a severed arm

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
imagine i just posted a thousand vince mcmahon reaction emotes

e: like im pissed i read that spoiler but fuuuuuuuuuck that's good, crunchyroll hurry up god please

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

It launched!!!

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
It's sorta up in crunchyroll but refuses to load. Oh the humanity.

Edit: swiping he'd to my PC and its fine

Nine of Eight fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 1, 2016

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

where is Viz supposed to be simulcasting? if Hulu, then WHEN

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

That episode was GOOD

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

So david decided they're going to throw a niche as gently caress JoJolion reference into the episode a mere minute in.

Beef tongue in miso soup.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
GREAT episode. Holy crap that opening. Star Platinum's design feels a bit off, but otherwise I'm loving the new art style.

It's kinda funny they didn't actually describe Angelo's last crime like in the manga but I guess it was too messed up to say on screen.

So david decided they're going to throw a niche as gently caress JoJolion reference into the episode a mere minute in.

David :allears:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
So what did everyone think of the Kira scene right at the beginning? I thought it was great and was actually hoping for something like that.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

"Always get good reception when we pass by that tower"

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

So what did everyone think of the Kira scene right at the beginning? I thought it was great and was actually hoping for something like that.

I think it'll be helpful to suggesting an overarching plot so that the hamon shitters don't go off about monster of the week and sitcoms or something.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Yeah, I love that the anime has the gift of hindsight and can make things just a little tighter, foreshadow where appropriate, or just put in little easter eggs for the fans. I marked out at Rohan in the crowd.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Nine of Eight posted:

I think it'll be helpful to suggesting an overarching plot so that the hamon shitters don't go off about monster of the week and sitcoms or something.

It won't. I've already seen a number of posts that say "I hope it's not full of filler like part 3 was". And considering that had it's goal laid out in episode 3 and every one following that was a step towards that goal, I have no doubts there'll be complaints about DiU being all "filler".

It's not a complicated series to understand but the amount of people who don't understand that the focus is on the journey/adventure is baffling. It's right there in the loving title.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

KidDynamite posted:

That episode was GOOD

I believe you mean G R E A T.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

RubberLuffy posted:

It won't. I've already seen a number of posts that say "I hope it's not full of filler like part 3 was". And considering that had it's goal laid out in episode 3 and every one following that was a step towards that goal, I have no doubts there'll be complaints about DiU being all "filler".

It's not a complicated series to understand but the amount of people who don't understand that the focus is on the journey/adventure is baffling. It's right there in the loving title.

I hope these people stop watching JoJo, because they are soulless robots who deserve nothing.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

I hope these people stop watching JoJo, because they are soulless robots who deserve nothing.

I hope they get turned into rocks/tourist attractions.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

This was in Part 4 too, first chapter of the Nijimura Brothers.

Morioh's are a universal constant

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I see I see.

I guess I just need to re-read.
What a terrible fate.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

i loved it and the radio tower

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Isn't the radio tower deactivated though :confused:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

hatty posted:

I like how you can also see Hazamada and Keicho in the same shot. Keicho especially is someone I wasn't expecting to see like that.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I mean it makes sense that Keicho would probably want to keep tabs on everyone that he shot with the arrow.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
The opening scene is very voyeuristic and I feel we shouldn't be spying on a quiet and peaceful date between two loving people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

RubberLuffy posted:

The opening scene is very voyeuristic and I feel we shouldn't be spying on a quiet and peaceful date between two loving people.

You gotta hand it to the production staff for creating that sort of atmosphere.