Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Yeah I gotta step in for wicka here surprisingly. I'm about to ignore a few posters and wicka isn't one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Xisticide posted:

Martini branding magically changes purpose to represent the clothing part of the brand in these places.

Except in Abu Dhabi where they don't run Martini branding at all.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

be nice wicka posted:

seriously STOP. i am not ranting. i am not freaking out. i am not melting down. i am writing regular posts. this meme is tired and unfunny and it is over.

all of you are crying about the death of the sport and i am one of the very few people who apparently doesn't share that opinion. the fact that i disagree with you does not make me angry. drop it forever.

Honestly Wicka learn to take a bit of a ribbing, it was just a joke. I don't even disagree with most of what you say half the time. I'm sorry if I caused offense.

Xisticide posted:

Martini branding magically changes purpose to represent the clothing part of the brand in these places.

I didn't even know they did clothing, is it just crap with the Martini logo on it?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Honestly Wicka learn to take a bit of a ribbing, it was just a joke. I don't even disagree with most of what you say half the time. I'm sorry if I caused offense.

no worries. i've never had a problem with you but when every other post on every other page is a variation on "wicka's mad," even when i haven't said anything at all, it gets tiring af.

also isn't it "williams martini racing" just so they can say martini is the name of the team and get around some branding restrictions? i thought i heard that once

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
FP2 about to start, will stoffel yet again fail to live up to the hype, we wait with baited breath.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tsaedje posted:

Yeah, as wicka said halfway up this page it's no drinking land so they've censored Chandon. Williams seem to be ok running Martini and Force India still have Kingfisher beer so I dunno what's up really.

Bahrain actually doesn't ban advertising alcohol.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nando really is speeding off his tits this weekend isn't he.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

learnincurve posted:

FP2 about to start, will stoffel yet again fail to live up to the hype, we wait with baited breath.

What exactly were you expecting here?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Uh, hey Stoffel. Here is this piece of crap with bad engine for you to drive with a week's notice. I expect great things.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think they (sky) were expecting him to beat Jenson, or at the very least keep it on the track, the first time he ever stepped in the very complicated race car with different breaking points to what he is used to.

e; oh and if he could do this with jet lag that would be nice.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Is this next practice still in the daytime heat?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sun is going down. Track is colder than it should be at this time of year, dusty from the wind, and very green from the rain yesterday. Tyres will be a thing.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rosberg endlessly fiddling with the brake balance.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
"a hat trick of wins, that's three years in a row" thanks for that crofty.

e "I've never seen it (the merc) look so dominant than it has this weekend to be honest" Boring McDougal after FP1 and 10 mins into FP2.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 1, 2016

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

learnincurve posted:

Sun is going down. Track is colder than it should be at this time of year, dusty from the wind, and very green from the rain yesterday. Tyres will be a thing.

I guess for the rookie it'll be a steep... learnincurve :frogc00l:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is there a WEC race or something this weekend? Why do we have Boresta

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He's William's reserve driver so always around, Jenson hasn't retired yet, Davidson is off somewhere with Toyota, and DC stole Bruno.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Channel 4's website wants me to upgrade the latest version of Chrome to a newer version of internet explorer.

Thanks Channel 4.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Uh, hey Stoffel. Here is this piece of crap with bad engine for you to drive with a week's notice. I expect great things.

through two tests and two races they've brought basically four different cars, expectations should be as low as humanly possible

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Rosberg seems to be a bit confident and on form today.

Shut the gently caress up McDougall. Not only is he a merc fan (he drives for them in DTM) but he's now trying to say that Lewis is sandbagging when anyone with eyes saw him just gently caress up a corner. tit.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Bryter posted:

Channel 4's website wants me to upgrade the latest version of Chrome to a newer version of internet explorer.

Thanks Channel 4.

Never ever use the Channel 4 website. Its far less stressful to find a dodgy stream than to actually use the turd that is Channel 4's website. Its slightly bizarre how 2 out of the 5 main UK broadcasters have such poo poo websites, especially given the other 3 have such good ones (although channel 5's web content probably only has 1 user a minute, so would probably fall over if they had something worth watching on it.).

Also Channel 4's online service when it feels like working is probably the only one where you get more ad's watching it than you do watching it on TV, and it will probably die mid program for no reason what so ever - or miss out a section of the program.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Congrats Mercedes for winning the WDC and WCC.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

1500quidporsche posted:

Congrats Mercedes for winning the WDC and WCC.

That was already known after the first few days of testing. Its loving absurd, but there should be good racing all season if you ignore what's going on at the front, as most of the field are pretty close together pace wise.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

ukle posted:

Never ever use the Channel 4 website. Its far less stressful to find a dodgy stream than to actually use the turd that is Channel 4's website. Its slightly bizarre how 2 out of the 5 main UK broadcasters have such poo poo websites, especially given the other 3 have such good ones (although channel 5's web content probably only has 1 user a minute, so would probably fall over if they had something worth watching on it.).

Also Channel 4's online service when it feels like working is probably the only one where you get more ad's watching it than you do watching it on TV, and it will probably die mid program for no reason what so ever - or miss out a section of the program.

Channel 4's online service is essentially just a streaming ad service.

And a pile of poo poo.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yeah I was cautiously optimistic that Big Sebs would be able to atleast bring the fight to them and keep it going possibly up to the last race, but that car seems like it's on a razor edge compared to Mercedes.

The midfield fight looks awesome this year though, going to be a bit like 2011.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ferrari gonna Ferrari.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah I was cautiously optimistic that Big Sebs would be able to atleast bring the fight to them and keep it going possibly up to the last race, but that car seems like it's on a razor edge compared to Mercedes.

The midfield fight looks awesome this year though, going to be a bit like 2011.

and this is why alonso made the right choice. he's not competing for the title, but neither is anyone else, and at least he gets to soar through the air like an eagle.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Butt-owns

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Looks like the Maccas are ready to podium lads

exciting season ahead of us

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

El Hefe posted:

Looks like the Maccas are ready to podium lads

exciting season ahead of us

I'd like to see some sector time comparisons before I get too excited.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

be nice wicka posted:

and this is why alonso made the right choice. he's not competing for the title, but neither is anyone else, and at least he gets to soar through the air like an eagle.

Ferrari can only finish second. I don't think they've had the outright fastest car for longer than a one or two race stint for more than a decade. McLaren were making these kinds of mistakes in 2012, had a ridiculously fast car and still didn't get close to winning the championship.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

I'd like to see some sector time comparisons before I get too excited.

I get way too excited over practice times and I am always disappointed.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What is going on with the FW38?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Midfield gunna be the poo poo this year.

We all knew before the season started Mercedes was going to win. Getting angry about it now just makes you seem slow.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Ferrari can only finish second. I don't think they've had the outright fastest car for longer than a one or two race stint for more than a decade. McLaren were making these kinds of mistakes in 2012, had a ridiculously fast car and still didn't get close to winning the championship.

that was whitmarsh mclaren, though.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I get way too excited over practice times and I am always disappointed.

they did similarly well in practice in melbourne, screwed up qualifying like everyone else, then blew button's strategy after the red flag. so i'm not super optimistic even though i do think this car has a lot of potential.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Haas cars look great too.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

What is going on with the FW38?

They were lightning fast in 2014 when they did that whole low drag thing, they've gotten slower and slower the more they've moved to a conventional design.

be nice wicka posted:

that was whitmarsh mclaren, though.

they did similarly well in practice in melbourne, screwed up qualifying like everyone else, then blew button's strategy after the red flag. so i'm not super optimistic even though i do think this car has a lot of potential.

Alonso said in testing that he really didn't expect to see the full pace until the european rounds, that car is just randomly blistering fast out of nowhere then goes back to being p14 so there's something in that package that's a bit of an unknown right now.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Alonso said in testing that he really didn't expect to see the full pace until the european rounds, that car is just randomly blistering fast out of nowhere then goes back to being p14 so there's something in that package that's a bit of an unknown right now.

the whole package is an unknown quantity, tbqh

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
If you want to watch channel 4 online you need to go to tvcatchup.com gently caress that ch4od poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Drama is happening, team principles press is down to four people who are all looking a bit too cheerful.

• Locked thread