Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
How amazing would the rage be if the ELC was nerfed or removed from the game? Also why are goons so bad that they don't use the ELC in those tier 5 tournaments?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

A Handed Missus posted:

Someone posted a player who had close to 19.000 battles in the ELC here. Today I encountered someone who is in an ELC clan.

http://eu.wargaming.net/clans/500032445/players/wot/#players&offset=0&limit=25&order=-battles_count&timeframe=all&battle_type=random

It's as expected. Nearly all of them have thousands of rounds with the ELC and if not, they are close to at least a thousand. One guy with 14k.

Two days ago, I ran into a platoon of T67s. All three of them deep purple, one from OTTER (I think), the other two from a clan called IPAD. (go figure)

Between the three of them, they had 30,000 battles in the T67. Two of them had 82%+ vehicle winrates in the drat thing. :stare:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Did you congratulate them on having amazing stats by only playing good tanks with good crews in good platoons for thousands of games? Living the dream.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Ramsus posted:

Also why are goons so bad that they don't use the ELC in those tier 5 tournaments?

Because it's a TD that takes 12 seconds to reload.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Ramsus posted:

How amazing would the rage be if the ELC was nerfed or removed from the game? Also why are goons so bad that they don't use the ELC in those tier 5 tournaments?

The ELC is neat but really bad at doing things like damaging tanks when it really needs too. Also if you need a fast light tank, the Chaffee exists. Or the Little Leo. Plus it has worse view range then those tanks.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What's so great about the T67? Is it great by itself, or is it great when you've got three of them wolfpacking pushing the same DPM as an Easy 8? How should I play it? I just noticed that I already have it researched from 3 years ago.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

CitizenKain posted:

The ELC is neat but really bad at doing things like damaging tanks when it really needs too. Also if you need a fast light tank, the Chaffee exists. Or the Little Leo. Plus it has worse view range then those tanks.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2586749#el_halluf-abnormalreflex-m24_chaffee

This is why Chaffees are overall better. This isn't even a 100% crew, no skills. I'm not even a good Chaffee driver. It's camo isn't as good as the ELC, but it has 30m more view range, way better dpm, a vertical stabilizer and moves almost as fast.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Can someone tell my why hitting esc after you die doesn't work anymore? I would rather not watch the last of my team bumbling around like an idiot and just grab another tank. And while I do use a wireless keyboard, I've already made sure it wasn't interference.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

It's been doing that for me on and off. Hit F1 to get to the keybindings, hit it again to exit, try escape. I've also heard ctrl works.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's been happening to me as well. I couldn't tell if it was mods or Wargaming's inability to code an update without breaking something.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
The ESC thing not working is a known bug, just press F1 and it'll fix itself. Wargaming.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What's so great about the T67? Is it great by itself, or is it great when you've got three of them wolfpacking pushing the same DPM as an Easy 8? How should I play it? I just noticed that I already have it researched from 3 years ago.

It's great by itself. It excels at getting into position and applying damage while staying reasonably safe through camo, profile/gun depression and mobility. It has good damage output, reasonable accuracy and good pen on both AP and APCR. It has only two weaknesses - low enough HP to be one-shot by 105mm/122mm guns, and low ammo capacity meaning you probably cannot kill all fifteen enemies. I don't play my T67 as much anymore because I had too many games where I theoretically could have killed every single enemy, but ran out of ammo and my team just dried up.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Alright, I'll buy it tomorrow. I got about 700-750k by selling off all of the poo poo I would never use again in my depot. I could have gotten maybe another 100k, but I saved some stuff a lot of tanks share.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The worst part about coming back to this game:

Realizing your barracks are absolutely jammed full of crews from event tanks. I just keep looking at them and then going "eh.. nevermind, maybe another game is in order.."

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Got the TVP VTU a couple days ago. It's bad. Currently playing it like a centurion hill sniper, but it doesn't have turret armor. The two gun options are the 8.8 with the stock turret so you get 8 degrees of gun depression, or using the 105 with poo poo gun depression and bad dpm. All options are terrible, but after going down the cent line recently, the 8.8 is more my style.

I mounted enhanced torsion bars and am going to tough it out with stock everything except for the 8.8 since none of the modules carry over to the tier 9.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Ramsus posted:

Got the TVP VTU a couple days ago. It's bad. Currently playing it like a centurion hill sniper, but it doesn't have turret armor. The two gun options are the 8.8 with the stock turret so you get 8 degrees of gun depression, or using the 105 with poo poo gun depression and bad dpm. All options are terrible, but after going down the cent line recently, the 8.8 is more my style.

I mounted enhanced torsion bars and am going to tough it out with stock everything except for the 8.8 since none of the modules carry over to the tier 9.

Yeah people were grinding the TVP in SIMP strongholds and it was just substantially worse than any tier 8 premium. It is kind of insane how bad that tank is, but hell I guess that's how Wargaming balances the tier 9 and 10?

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I haven't played for awhile so I wanted to play a few games to see the game since the patch. I love the news sounds and saw some of the physics at work, pretty fun stuff.

I just wish I didn't forget everything I knew about tanks if I stop playing for a few weeks. I fell into the trap of wanting to feel like I wasn't completely worthless at this game before leaving. I did some terrible things. I decided to finally call it quits when I thought I could flank a tank, forgot where I was on the map, wandered into 3 red tanks which brought my full HP tank down to less than 200, set me on fire, then I drove it into a canal and exploded into a watery grave... at least that put out the fire. :rip:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
yeah, heh, i died once too... it was significant because i hadn't played in a while

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just realized dick-gun-tank has two dick-guns, but they could also be considered nipple-guns, or even dick-nipple-guns.

Why yes, I have the comedic maturity of a 12 year old at the moment. Why do you ask?

Edit: I'm now the proud owner of dicknippletank, the Turan III, and also a cruiser that was on sale for $6 on world of warships and a plane on sale for $6 on world of warplanes. I make good purchasing decisions at 4:30 am!

EDIT 2: Tank pool is hard.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Apr 1, 2016

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
"Ok I've got an hour or so left before I have to call it a night. Might have a couple of games of tanks"

1969.3MB update

:negative:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

oh god

quote:

As we are approaching our huge 5th anniversary party, we want to offer a very special treat to our most loyal and supporting players. While we have been adding rare premium tanks as a little thank you to our biggest supporters in the past already, we are only today and for the first time offering a different bonus tank for free for everyone who purchases the 30,500package, depending on how long you have been with us on the amazing journey that is World of Tanks.

Everyone that joined us between 1 April 2015 and 1 April 2016 will receive a Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf.D as a gift when purchasing this package.
Everyone that joined us between 1 April 2014 and 1 April 2015 will receive a LTP as a gift when purchasing this package.
Everyone that joined us between 1 April 2013 and 1 April 2014 will receive a FCM 36 Pak 40 as a gift when purchasing this package.
And finally, all our most loyal players that joined us before 1 April 2013 will receive the legendary "Micro Maus": Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (F)

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/premium/prem-shop-april-fools/

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i clicked the button expecting a big APRIL FOOLS but apparently they're actually serious and expect me to give a poo poo about the opportunity to pay a hundred loving bucks for a 38H?

if this is a wind-up they got me

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
Well if only that was real... I would actually qualify for the top bracket of a thing on tanks.

Edit... Wait it is real? Pfft. I hadn't actually considered the conversion of gold.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
There's a disclaimer on the bottom saying that all of April is gonna be a small celebration and that April 12th will be a day you want to play. Any speculations?

"Important: This offer is but a taste of things to come. In fact, the whole of April will be dedicated to the 5th Anniversary of World of Tanks in Europe, so make sure to visit our website every week for the latest info regarding special offers, events and celebrations! Hint: clear your schedule on 12 April - you may want to be on the battlefield that day."

A_sound_plan
Dec 27, 2011

CHEEKI BREEKI!
I would quite like a micro maus, but given that there are so many low tier tanks that can easily pen it now, its lost its 'legendary' value. Especially not for £80...

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The balls on them. That's a pretty stunning April Fools joke.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Naw, just the typical EU special.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Infected posted:

Yeah that's what makes it good joke. It's as if I went and had sex with somebody's mother today, and then when I log in tonight to play the Balls fun mode I make a mom joke like usual, and when no one laughs like usual I say "speaking of your mother...."

It would also be like WGA posting a special offer of a JT88 Double Hitler for $29.76.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

He just kept repeating it throughout the round.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
So I had played the CDC a bit before and liked it so I figured what the hell and bought one last night. I have a female crew for my Lorr 40t that will eventually go to the batchat and I need loads of credits so having a fun tank to grind them in is good.

Then after a few games I was reminded that the t49 exists.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Is there a way to select which tank you view in your garage before opening the game? I tried selecting the IS-8 ball and the game keeps trying to update the vehicles and now every time I open the game, it just selects the 8 ball again and freezes some more. I loving hate this april first bullshit.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Infected posted:

It's amazing how poo poo the offer is. Yeah, sure I'll buy a 100 euro package with no discount to get a mediocre tank I already have. I sure feel valued as a long term player now! :hurr:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

It's amazing how poo poo the offer is. Yeah, sure I'll buy a 100 euro package with no discount to get a mediocre tank I already have. I sure feel valued as a long term player now! :hurr:

Hey, I still don't have anything for my day 1 purchase of CK2, hint, hint.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
So swiftly are wondrous Mongol Families and Dynasty Shield DLC packs forgotten?

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
This tiny little update broke all my mods! What the hell.

Mad Emu Sex0r
Sep 30, 2004

Comeon guys. Im cool now, right?

Token Cracker posted:

This tiny little update broke all my mods! What the hell.

Move mods into new folder(9.14.1), all seem to still work fine.

Mad Emu Sex0r fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 1, 2016

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Mad Emu Sex0r posted:

Same. For some reason the game never manages to update when choosing IS-8-ball, but I can just disable mods if I want to play pool of tanks.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

So swiftly are wondrous Mongol Families and Dynasty Shield DLC packs forgotten?

No, but what have you done for me lately, huh? :colbert:

I'm just messing with you. CK2 is a great game, and I don't need any incentive to keep playing it.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
So the 8-Ball stuff is pretty fun, but the rewards are kind of meager. Good think I'm not playing for the rewards!

Also people really complain about arty a lot

In hindsight trying to save the 101 was probably a waste of time, and kept me from shooting things that needed killing, but I thought I'd be able to get another set of eyes back in the fight. Let this also be a warning against trying to cliffdive onto an arty that is A) loaded, and B) looking right at you.

The SU-14-2 shooting nothing but AP really didn't help matters, either.

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004

Mad Emu Sex0r posted:

That's such a simple fix. I'm dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Emu Sex0r
Sep 30, 2004

Comeon guys. Im cool now, right?

Token Cracker posted:

That's such a simple fix. I'm dumb.

Well, it is, until you try to play the IS-8 Ball, and it sticks on updating(For me). So to play 8 ball i have to remove my mods and put them back on to play other tanks *shrugs*