Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

BJPaskoff posted:

I could be wrong, but I feel like someone else created and leaked the fake FTV One set, someone who's not associated with Wizards. I don't imagine Wizards is in a joking mood about their long history of leaks, or that Hasbro wants to make light of their corporate security flaws.

Yeah seriously. A company with as much egg on its face in this particular arena doesn't just go and take the piss out of itself so soon after (especially after all the very public "leaking is worse than Original Sin" propaganda).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

:confuoot:

The art's not bad (imo)

it's not good either

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Was this posted?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/photo-essays/2016-03-30/massive-magic-the-gathering-grand-prix-tournament

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'm the couple who plan to buy a box of each set for 14 years as their son's college fund

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Make sure you stay until the end for the parents who think a box of every set is gonna put their kid through college

Also, count me as one guy who had no idea Alesha was supposed to be a trans character.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Chamale posted:

I'm the couple who plan to buy a box of each set for 14 years as their son's college fund

I'm the token black guy above the caption about increasing diversity away from 20-something white men.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

hahahahahaha i can't stop laughing at the deliberate attempt to make it look like their playing in a crowded basement somewhere not a well lit convention hall

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Lawnie posted:

Make sure you stay until the end for the parents who think a box of every set is gonna put their kid through college

Also, count me as one guy who had no idea Alesha was supposed to be a trans character.

The one thing magic creative (when not collaborating on set design) is actually good at is lgbt representation.

They try for other forms as well, but I am convinced that they didn't initially intend for new Narset to be autistic, and instead capitalized on an autistic fan giving the benefit of the doubt to Kimberley Kreines, who is awful.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lawnie posted:

it was only mentioned in one of the stories

i'll be more impressed when they have a trans planeswalker (they will never do this)

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

i'll be more impressed when they have a trans planeswalker (they will never do this)

Do they even have an openly gay planeswalker?

I mean, they have at least one planeswalker who is a Scaly, so they have niche internet sexuality down.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Madmarker posted:

Do they even have an openly gay planeswalker?

did u read the op

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Zoness posted:

did u read the op

yes, can you quote what I missed?

edit-oh lol,

WHOOSH

The playmat that keeps on giving.

But in all seriousness is there one?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Ciprian Maricon posted:

hahahahahaha i can't stop laughing at the deliberate attempt to make it look like their playing in a crowded basement somewhere not a well lit convention hall

It's because of the flash (poor idea)

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The panel on he first page of this looks incredibly lifelike.

http://mangapark.me/manga/wizard-s-soul-koi-no-seisen/s2/v1/c1

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

GoutPatrol posted:

So now that the opening of Zendikar is over, what was everyone's expedition count? I got three total, all from BFZ. 2 Catacombs and a Foothills. At least I got the expensive ones.

1 Heath from a Russian box of each set and 0 from around half of an English box between the 2. The other Russian box of BFZ they sold had a Godless Shrine.

Zoness posted:

it's kind of sickening that people would love this really

:frogc00l:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Chill la Chill posted:

This is amazing.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Cernunnos posted:

So June's FNM Promo has been shown now.

:confuoot:

The art's not bad (imo) but Nissa continues to be the tree-hugging-est tree-hugger ever and it's sad.

Should have used the skeletal scrying template with leaves and bark and poo poo instead of bones.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Chill la Chill posted:

:allears:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Chill la Chill posted:

This is awful, and I don't mean that because it's manga, but because it's actually awful

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

they will soon.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
i opened roughly 2 cases of product from bfz/ogw across drafts/sealed/etc and never saw a single expedition.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

born on a buy you posted:

i opened roughly 2 cases of product from bfz/ogw across drafts/sealed/etc and never saw a single expedition.

same except 6 packs instead of 2 cases.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

born on a buy you posted:

:smith::respek::smith:

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Stormgale posted:

Origins rotates with Khans 3 when the set after eldrich moon comes in right?

Yeah. Though arguably Innistrad is the first block made with the knowledge of the new block structure, and there are rumours Innistard consists of large parts of the canceled 3rd set for Zendikar.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
I got a Graven Cairns that I traded off for way too much value because my local nerds insist on using SCG prices for trades. Got $75 out of it.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

They just added an elderly otherkin/furry wolf planeswalker they just need to get a little less ahead of the curve.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Lawnie posted:

Maybe they're overly optimistic Bernie fans as well?

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
I pulled a stomping ground in draft but nothing else so far.

I have seven unopened packs Im probably going to rip open.

edit: i have a non expedition Smoldering Marsh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rimusutera fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 1, 2016

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

im the guy who spent 6 hours sorting through a bulk bin to buy 600 cards.

(no seriously, I'm the guy with the brown their there they're shirt)

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

I opened 1 expedition, a mystic gate, from a oath pack! I was so excited, except it was when I was opening a fuckton of packs for my LGS to sell for singles, not my own. :negative:

My friend has opened 8 loving expeditions and has opened roughly the same amount of boosters as me as well, gently caress that guy.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

GoutPatrol posted:

So now that the opening of Zendikar is over, what was everyone's expedition count? I got three total, all from BFZ. 2 Catacombs and a Foothills. At least I got the expensive ones.
Two

One Flooded Strand from FNM prize packs

One Watery Grave from Oath prerelease pack (from the most bonkers prerelease pack I've ever had... Had the expedition, Chandra, and Kalitas, plus quagmire and fumarole)

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

GeneX posted:

This is awful, and I don't mean that because it's manga, but because it's actually awful

Is "Baka" the thing to say here? I see that a lot.

Baka!

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

^^^ the most appropriate thing is probably and elongated へ~~~~!

A big flaming stink posted:

cool im the bacon costume

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

GeneX posted:

I agree, the K-On Magic tutorial manga was much better

They even used god's chosen format for it

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I'm the nonswole team swole member's Exeter-like forehead.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I opened 0 packs of bfz or ogw, get rekt nerds

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

A big flaming stink posted:

Hahahaha, I was scrolling through that, saw that shirt and said "hey I bought my girlfriend that exact shirt"

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Elyv posted:

I opened 0 packs of bfz or ogw, get rekt nerds

100% expedition rate hell yeah

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Entropic posted:

100% expedition rate hell yeah

0/0 is not 1. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephirum
Jan 7, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Undefined% does sound promising...

• Locked thread