Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dolash posted:

Lord English gets at least some of his power from the Green Sun, right?

Please elaborate, because I'm not sure how this is the case at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Classtoise posted:

Something tells me part of EOA6 is gonna be the fully animated Caliborn's Masterpiece only not clay.
I would love that, but I'm expecting most of C's M to be left to inference, the way that various plot points showed up only in individual scrapbook pages.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Please elaborate, because I'm not sure how this is the case at all.

In the intermission before act 6, where he's introduced, Lord English summons his coat using green sun powers.

Remember, he hatched from Doc Scratch, who is a first guardian, and so presumably inherited his powers.

You know, given the theme of who you are being a super-being of your various selves, I find it interesting that Lord English's identity is so nebulous. There are three beings running around with a claim to the title (caliborn, one of the Jacks, and this guy) that have little or no relation to each other.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I find myself wondering if alt-Calliope is Doc Scratch somehow, given the whole link between Space and the Green Sun.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

I find myself wondering if alt-Calliope is Doc Scratch somehow, given the whole link between Space and the Green Sun.

Doc Scratch was ectobiologicized from Lil Cal and a magic cue ball, by Snowman.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Tenebrais posted:

In the intermission before act 6, where he's introduced, Lord English summons his coat using green sun powers.

Remember, he hatched from Doc Scratch, who is a first guardian, and so presumably inherited his powers.

You know, given the theme of who you are being a super-being of your various selves, I find it interesting that Lord English's identity is so nebulous. There are three beings running around with a claim to the title (caliborn, one of the Jacks, and this guy) that have little or no relation to each other.

We saw in Caliborn's masterpiece that Lord English is very much an evolution of Caliborn, with a few other guys/powers/things thrown into the mix. We might have a decent handle on his personal timeline now, where he sees a vision of his victory, John beats him up, he goes to get the Icon from his Denizen, the kids show up again and he traps half of them in the Icon then gets turned into the seed that becomes Doc Scratch and then Lord English, then goes on a tear blowing up the Dream Bubbles which leads us to now.

In fact, Lord English/Caliborn might be exceptional for being such a singular character (well, besides Gamzee) rather than a bunch of variants and reboots. He also doesn't seem to have any more tricks up his sleeve either, he's just planning on murdering everyone and may need the Green Sun to do it, and plans are now in motion to disrupt that sun then throw some heroes at him while he's distracted fighting ghosts to gank him. Once this Lord English is dead, that could well be it - the Existential Threat is gone, the players' problems are over and they can go make that new universe of theirs.

The Jack Lord English is just some crazy weirdo though, not sure what his deal really is besides presto another sweet boss fight.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Owww, the flashies. Lord English always does a number on my head. We saw, in Jade's encounter with Davepeta, that if you die in a dreambubble, you just return to your unconscious real body. Even if Vriska's Big drat Battle is the fiasco we all expect, Karkat's safe. We also got textual confirmation of what I thought was only fanon: Karkat double-wields sickles, or can. (flashy image)

I could've sworn we've seen him dual wield before but I can't for the life of me remember where.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the Vriska Fucks Up Again clock ticks forward another minute towards midnight

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I'm curious if there will be any more (Vriska) because she just kinda got left off in ghost space doing nothing and we haven't heard from her since

E: Oh right nevermind in Remember she met up with Terezi

WhitemageofDOOM
Sep 13, 2010

... It's magic. I ain't gotta explain shit.

Dolash posted:

Lord English gets at least some of his power from the Green Sun, right? If alt-Calliope messes with it, that could make him beatable. Also the Lord English we can see now is Caliborn on the furthest-ahead point of his personal timeline, right? So if they defeat him with the ghost army/the Icon/the kids trapped in the Icon, that's it? Final Boss finished with?

If so he's honestly looking pretty beatable right now. Not a lot of obstacles left if they just need to go through the motions of fighting Caliborn as in his masterpiece then waiting to fight a potentially depowered Lord English here in the dream bubbles. Almost seems too easy if Lord English is just walking into a trap, some of the speculation's bound to be wrong/there's some other twist or complication.

In Gnosticism the ultimate evil and villain is the creator, who traps specs of the ultimate reality ie souls from that truth in their false material creation.
Lord English is the destroyer.

WhitemageofDOOM fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 1, 2016

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hussie said in a previous news post that he has nearly a half-hours worth of flash animation ready to be used during the final updates, didn't he? Because unless I've miscounted the days we only have the updates tomorrow before we go on a short break, and after that it's only 40 pages until the End of Act Five update, to be followed by Act 7 in one day. Unless he sprinkles flashes in with those 40 pages he'll have to use the animation either during End of Act Five or Act 7. Are we really looking at a 30 minute Homestuck flash here?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Dolash posted:

The Jack Lord English is just some crazy weirdo though, not sure what his deal really is besides presto another sweet boss fight.

That's just where the discontinuity lies, though!

Caliborn (plus Gamzee and Arquius) were/will be sucked into Lil Cal, becoming a proper juju. Lil Cal was/is cast into the void, then in the past was summoned into Dave's nightmares by Gamzee. A bunch of stuff happened, Lil Cal found its way into the trolls' universe, where it was cloned to make Doc Scratch. Lil Cal was then carried by Gamzee to this latest session, where Jack Noir absorbed its powers.

Lord English appears to have been summoned into Doc Scratch to be the big skull monster, but where from? Or was this being simply awakened from Doc Scratch's corpse, where it had always been, as Caliborn's son?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

RZApublican posted:

Hussie said in a previous news post that he has nearly a half-hours worth of flash animation ready to be used during the final updates, didn't he? Because unless I've miscounted the days we only have the updates tomorrow before we go on a short break, and after that it's only 40 pages until the End of Act Five update, to be followed by Act 7 in one day. Unless he sprinkles flashes in with those 40 pages he'll have to use the animation either during End of Act Five or Act 7. Are we really looking at a 30 minute Homestuck flash here?

I FUCKIN HOPE WE ARE!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Thirty minutes of flash with just music would actually drag, no matter how good it was. I wonder if he'll put in some foley or something...

WhitemageofDOOM
Sep 13, 2010

... It's magic. I ain't gotta explain shit.
What's really drawing my attention this update isn't "Blah blah blah setup" stuff.

Karkat & Meenah leading the army.
Vriska being a smug bitch on the chest ready to deploy weapon.

It's yaldaloth & Caliborn. Why are we seeing this functionally again?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
god please no half hour flashes. Cascade was bad enough.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

WhitemageofDOOM posted:

What's really drawing my attention this update isn't "Blah blah blah setup" stuff.

Karkat & Meenah leading the army.
Vriska being a smug bitch on the chest ready to deploy weapon.

It's yaldaloth & Caliborn. Why are we seeing this functionally again?

Because Juju need a closed loop.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Dolash posted:

Always keep an offsite backup.

This goes for both company data and pool-themed end-of-days scenarios.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
if we get 30 minutes of animation i hope to god it's dispersed in chunks among some regular pages because there are parts of Cascade that were nearly incomprehensible until Hussie posted a blow-by-blow later (and characters clarified stuff in later dialog during act 6)

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

RZApublican posted:

According to the newspost schedule: there's tomorrow's update, a break, the EoA6 flash, then seven days' worth of updates (the last day being the entirety of Act 7.)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

if we get 30 minutes of animation i hope to god it's dispersed in chunks among some regular pages because there are parts of Cascade that were nearly incomprehensible until Hussie posted a blow-by-blow later (and characters clarified stuff in later dialog during act 6)

...really?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yea it was in his old formspring (?)

I liked cascade, particularly the music but I remember not liking the artstyle of some segments, particularly when jack kills the exiles. Game Over had a similar problem.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Agreed

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

God drat this artist sure does do a good job of making LE imposing. I love how everybody except Meenah is just like, what the gently caress.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The best Lord English panel is the one where the gun bounces off him.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
It's going to be funny/horrible if LE just pastes all these ghosts.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Plom Bar posted:

Apparently from the IPGD leaks, Hussie's been collecting art assets for EOA6 since 2013.
IPGD leaks? What is this?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

DaveKap posted:

IPGD leaks? What is this?

IPGD, person on twitter and tumblr who apparently is RL friends with Hussie and posts stuff on 4chan and stuff, I guess. They were claiming some things about AOE6.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

His only friend is Ryan North and he'd never betray him like that. Ever!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Blackheart posted:

The best Lord English panel is the one where the gun bounces off him.

Let us relive that moment.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

WAR FOOT posted:

It's going to be funny/horrible if LE just pastes all these ghosts.

Would this be better or worse: Just before the fight starts Lord English drops dead of a heart attack brought on by eating nothing but candy and steaks for his entire life.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I predict that this is what will happen when Vriska tries to use the icon against Lord English.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I forgot how much LE looks like a penis.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Blackheart posted:

Yea it was in his old formspring (?)

I liked cascade, particularly the music but I remember not liking the artstyle of some segments, particularly when jack kills the exiles. Game Over had a similar problem.
The art in Game Over is weird in places but I found it a lot easier to follow than Cascade, probably because it didn't try to do so much at the same time. One thing I have liked about Act 6 vs earlier acts is that the flashes are clearer, a lot of the early ones are trying to follow like 5 strands at once that you can barely remember.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I just had a thought. With her mind control nullified, the most powerful weapon the Condesce has is her psionics, particularly her eye lasers. That led me to another thought: It has been far too long since we've seen Rose apply knitting needles to someone's eyes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Something bad is going to happen in this thread.

Something hopefully amazing.

And it's not my fault! Hooray!

You know that isn't the end of the drat comic because it will never end

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
What are the chances that at least part of the final flashes will be an interactive walk around?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I also wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I would love for all of act 7 to be one big walkaround flash.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, a walkaround seems like a natural pick for an epilogue flash to let you go check in on everyone one last time. If EOA6 is really going to be some Cascade+ length abomination it might even make sense to have an interactive segment break halfway through, and yeah, it wouldn't hurt if the audience needs a moment to digest the results of all these side-fights before whatever the big final fight is.

I wonder if the Homestuck fires have burned low enough that Hussie'll be able to host the finale on MSPA and have it run okay, or if we'll be down to another "burning down Newgrounds" situation and everyone'll have to settle for torrenting the finale from each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Well the epilogue being a walk around would make sense from the point of view of homestuck's inspiration from earthbound (undertale does it in at least one ending)