Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

cowofwar posted:

Just got yoda 6*. Was fine, didn't lose any dudes.

What was your lineup, stars and all?

Because 6* QGJ, Lumi, Mace, JC, and Eeth all at level 65 and at least gear VI are getting absolutely wrecked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
E: ^^^ I just did it and only lost QGJ because Yoda had a hate-on for him. Everyone at their max gear level before today's update, level 70, maxed out abilities and everyone but QGJ and JC at 7 stars.

WebDO posted:

So did they upgrade the difficulty, or is the six star challenge just stupidly hard for no reason?

The event is difficult. I'm guessing they started it today so they wouldn't need to adjust the stats on it but I have nothing to really base this on.

Unfortunately I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try the last stage for it. Holding off on spending Cantina energy today means that I have to wait for the shipments to refresh to get my last two QGJ packs.

Anyone figure out what the "surprise" in this update is?

Jibo fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 1, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

Anyone figure out what the "surprise" in this update is?

We're all pretty sure it's Yoda coming early, which, for most of us, is not at all helpful.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I might be crazy but there looks like there was some tuning done to daily challenges at least. I just didt he Boba Fett one twice and between both attempts he resisted literally everything (like with the actual word RESIST popping up) including four applications of damage over time and four applications of heal block.

Typically on that one I just burn him down and ignore the drones and let Sid stick him with a healing block in case they get a turn. Sure you'd see the occasional resist but nothing like the 8 in a row I just got.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

I might be crazy but there looks like there was some tuning done to daily challenges at least. I just didt he Boba Fett one twice and between both attempts he resisted literally everything (like with the actual word RESIST popping up) including four applications of damage over time and four applications of heal block.

Typically on that one I just burn him down and ignore the drones and let Sid stick him with a healing block in case they get a turn. Sure you'd see the occasional resist but nothing like the 8 in a row I just got.

There's a lot of speculation that this is an elaborate April Fool's Day joke. Either CG is as clueless as we've been saying all along, or, they've got incredibly big balls.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

WebDO posted:

What was your lineup, stars and all?

Because 6* QGJ, Lumi, Mace, JC, and Eeth all at level 65 and at least gear VI are getting absolutely wrecked

All 70. Lum and eeth are 7*, QGJ, ahsoka and JC are 6*. Max gear.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Oh, found something else. Level 8 abilities now require a new material, it's gold. This will only be obtainable at level 80 after you've done your daily activities. Note that this is for all level 8 abilities, even ones that unlock at level 76.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Davethulhu posted:

Oh, found something else. Level 8 abilities now require a new material, it's gold. This will only be obtainable at level 80 after you've done your daily activities. Note that this is for all level 8 abilities, even ones that unlock at level 76.

I'm sure you'll be able to buy it with $$$$

I'll probably dump this game once I get the toons I care about to 7*

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Davethulhu posted:

yea THIS is a kick in the balls, I saved up 70 MK 3s for the cap raise and now they are much less important. So what is the point of cap raise then exactly, if we can't bump up abilities and most characters require unobtainable gear to get to IX, X etc.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Davethulhu posted:

I'd make a comment about them doing this but not adjusting the amount of tier 3 materials needed for lower levels but I feel like we're beating a dead horse at this point.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
They ran out of gated content and are trying to slow things down to max revenue. They had to release the gates material faster than they anticipated.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

cowofwar posted:

They ran out of gated content and are trying to slow things down to max revenue. They had to release the gates material faster than they anticipated.

Yeah but how does that happen? Is this the first F2P game that EA has done? Content for this game has been downright sparse compared to literally every other energy grindfest out there.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

Yeah but how does that happen? Is this the first F2P game that EA has done? Content for this game has been downright sparse compared to literally every other energy grindfest out there.

Well, Capital Games is the developer, I dunno how much day to day control EA has. I do think this game ended up being rushed, as in, they didn't have all the content lined up for release, including gated content, and there were just way too many bugs. From there, it seems to have been a shitshow of inconsistency.

I really thought they had a different update ready to go that they were hiding from us as an April Fool's Day joke or something. I mean, this update is SO bad, I just...I dunno. I mean, my above statement, yeah, but, it's been months since full release, I thought they'd have their poo poo together. Maybe we'll still see a reversal tomorrow, but I just don't know what to think anymore.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Malgrin posted:

Well, Capital Games is the developer, I dunno how much day to day control EA has. I do think this game ended up being rushed, as in, they didn't have all the content lined up for release, including gated content, and there were just way too many bugs. From there, it seems to have been a shitshow of inconsistency.

I thought this too, but I went and looked up CG and they are actually owned and operated by EA. It is for sure that the game was rushed, and from the job listing CG has posted they are looking to expand their team so they may be understaffed, but I ultimately just think that the team working on this game is not very well versed in game development. They really do seem clueless on anything other than milking whales which is only working because of the specific IP.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

cowofwar posted:

All 70. Lum and eeth are 7*, QGJ, ahsoka and JC are 6*. Max gear.

Good to know I'd have to grind another month to have a shot at the 6* challenge.

I get that F2P games have to monetize, but it's amazing how aggressively these devs poo poo on non whale players. I was thinking I could make it to ships to see if the game would get better, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

We're all pretty sure it's Yoda coming early, which, for most of us, is not at all helpful.

It's literally hosed me over because I still need 60 Barriss shards to farm. Don't think I can get 10/day even with energy refresh....

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

WebDO posted:

Good to know I'd have to grind another month to have a shot at the 6* challenge.

I get that F2P games have to monetize, but it's amazing how aggressively these devs poo poo on non whale players. I was thinking I could make it to ships to see if the game would get better, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it.
I interpret yoda as end-game content so I don't have a problem with him being hard to get at 6* and 7*. He was pretty easy to get at lower shards levels.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I've decided to stop playing the 2nd account entirely. Not even gonna log in to get the daily. It's over.

Mulling quitting this poo poo game entirely.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Well the new patch accidentally gave FOTP's Double Tap a triple-attack instead of a double. Just got that fucker to 4*, now he's really starting to wreak havoc.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Well the new patch accidentally gave FOTP's Double Tap a triple-attack instead of a double. Just got that fucker to 4*, now he's really starting to wreak havoc.

:lol: It reverted a previous fix? These loving devs, man. :stonklol:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

:lol: It reverted a previous fix? These loving devs, man. :stonklol:
Don't worry, the hotfix will be out within a week (which will reintroduce the old strength/agility bug).

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Version control, how does it work?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I don't know if they buffed the final stage of the Yoda event but it definitely seems impossible. Yoda gets three turns per round, randomly just gets an extra turn, and gets an extra turn every time someone on your side dies. Oh and he hits for 6k and crits for 11k. And he's essentially immune to debuffs and keep in mind that his basic attack gives him an auto evade.

Also I mentioned earlier about Boa Fett in the daily being essentially immune to debuffs and so far in my experience that seems to just be the case for bosses now. I manually did some Cantinas and literally every time a status would try to apply to a boss they would resist it. Further, every single unit I've hit with Sid's AOE has resisted both DoTs, boss or otherwise.

ALSO Advantage was not changed.

There is one bit of good news though, Yoda can't steal the new healing over time buff.

E: I can also confirm FOTP triple shots are back.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I posted earlier that I just wasn't surprised anymore. I take that back now. I am actually surprised at their incompetence. I don't think it can be anything else at this point.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I heard the Yoda 7* was hard, but that sounds legit impossible. Did they buff the 7* fight to be level 80?

It cost 1.3 million credits to go from 60 to 70. I'm expecting 70-80 to take north of 3 million, maybe more.

Are they planning on buffing credit rewards at some point to help players actually make enough to get a character that high?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I heard the Yoda 7* was hard, but that sounds legit impossible. Did they buff the 7* fight to be level 80?

That's not what I've heard. It sounds like it's the same level of difficulty, which was fairly absurd before too. You apparently have to reroll until you get Barriss, and use her heal to take Yoda down low.

Also, you have to remember that when the event was launched, one of the heroes (Anakin?) started with about 200 hp, which they quickly fixed. So, people who were ready for 7* when the first Yoda event came out had it really easy, and since then it's actually been a really hard event.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
My level 43 team that beat their latest light side battle yesterday got absolutely blasted by the next one up today, L38 enemies.

EDIT: Yeah, getting slaughtered on fights I should be doing well in.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 1, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

That's not what I've heard. It sounds like it's the same level of difficulty, which was fairly absurd before too. You apparently have to reroll until you get Barriss, and use her heal to take Yoda down low.

Also, you have to remember that when the event was launched, one of the heroes (Anakin?) started with about 200 hp, which they quickly fixed. So, people who were ready for 7* when the first Yoda event came out had it really easy, and since then it's actually been a really hard event.

Yeah if you get Barris then you can get him low but she doesn't seem to pop up as often as say Lumi or Old Ben who will wreck you.

The main issue right now seems to be that Yoda is more than happy to throw out 20k+ damage per round and if he decides to hit someone twice in a row then they are just dead and there isn't poo poo you can do about it. Which also gives him an extra turn and could allow him to ping pong off of your weakened dudes without you getting a turn.

I've been able to get Yoda into the red twice now but it's a war of attrition that is hard to keep up. I kind of wish I had Barris instead of Plo just for the extra healing but that's still a reasonable reduction in damage output.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Also apparently he will always resist Mace's expose and gain extra meter from it, yey, more gently caress you (me).

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jibo posted:

Yeah if you get Barris then you can get him low but she doesn't seem to pop up as often as say Lumi or Old Ben who will wreck you.

The main issue right now seems to be that Yoda is more than happy to throw out 20k+ damage per round and if he decides to hit someone twice in a row then they are just dead and there isn't poo poo you can do about it. Which also gives him an extra turn and could allow him to ping pong off of your weakened dudes without you getting a turn.

I've been able to get Yoda into the red twice now but it's a war of attrition that is hard to keep up. I kind of wish I had Barris instead of Plo just for the extra healing but that's still a reasonable reduction in damage output.

The problem with Plo is that his basic attack applies a debuff, which Yoda resists, which gives him more turn meter.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I'm getting close to the 6* challenge with Lumi, Eeth, QGJ, Barriss, JC. I think they're a pretty solid group. Not sure if Lumi lead or Barriss lead is better (evasion vs hp). I think I will have all 7*s in a month. Lumi/Eeth are 7* right now, QGJ is about 3 days from 7*, Barriss is about to hit 6, and JC is about 1/3 to 6.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I roll with Barris(L), QGJ, Lumi, JC, Eeth

From what I understand, don't hit him with resistable abilities and keep everyone as topped off as possible and it'll all be okay. :ohdear:

I don't think I'll have QGJ to 7* before this ends, though, but I'm tryin'

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

:woop:

Nothing fancy, I just finally got one where Yoda didn't focus down one dude early on. Only lost Plo right before I dropped Yoda and then I was able to burn down Anakin before he went nuts and that left Barriss who couldn't do poo poo against my four man team.

When Yoda was at about a third of his health I baited him with Plo's defense buff then stripped it off with QGJ and pounded him with everything I had.

E: Also :lol: I got Jedi Consular in a Bronze pack after beating Yoda. He actually was the last dude to hit 7 stars (was at 99/100 right when I finished QGJ). One (miniscule) step towards Vader or Grievous I suppose.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 1, 2016

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes - Pound Yoda with everything you have

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

How does the event work, exactly? Do I need a full team at 7* to unlock him, or does he unlock earlier and you have to beat the 7* battle to promote him to 7*?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Spakstik posted:

How does the event work, exactly? Do I need a full team at 7* to unlock him, or does he unlock earlier and you have to beat the 7* battle to promote him to 7*?

There are 7 tiers of the challenge, and you need 5 heroes at X stars or higher for each challenge. So, for the first tier, at a minimum, you need 5 1 star jedi, but you could do it with 5 7* jedi. You unlock him at the 5th tier (5* Yoda), so 5 5* Jedi. You need 5 7* Jedi to get 7* Yoda.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Spakstik posted:

Yeah the event is 7 battles long and each battle requires a full Jedi team at the corresponding star level. So the first battle needs a full 1 star team, second one needs a full 2 star team and so on.

On the fifth battle you get 5 star Yoda, sixth gets you 6 star Yoda, and seventh gets you 7 star Yoda.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Awesome, thanks.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
It's also worth noting that while Yoda is fairly good, he may not be worth the time, resources, and frustration it takes to unlock him.

It feels pretty good to have gotten him but I feel like I've neglected just about everything else over the last month or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Spakstik posted:

There is a progression of 7 battles which require 5 jedi. The first one requires that all jedi be at least 1*, the second all must be at least 2* and so on. Yoda unlocks at the 5* battle. You'll get enough shards from the 6* and 7* fights to get yoda to 6* and 7* respectively.

• Locked thread