Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

"Seasons" is a terrible metric when it literally can mean anything the TV dudes want. Some shows have 2 seasons in a single year. If you want to compare lengths I'd say first episode air date to last episode air date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

pahuyuth posted:

Yahoo this is excellent news! Chardee MacDennis 3 and 4Frank/Dee/Dennis/Charlie Day... bring it on, jabronis!

ftfy

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

i am the bird posted:

I'm surprised they want to make more.

I'm not, they always seem to find new things to do with the show. I'm not surprised they want to keep experimenting.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

Renewed for seasons 13 and 14:

http://deadline.com/2016/04/its-alway-sunny-in-philadelphia-renewed-season-13-14-fxx-1201729976/

If FXX orders a 15th season down the line, it will become the longest-running live-action sitcom in television history. (Although I'm sure Ozzie and Harriet will always have the largest number of episodes, back when TV was a sausage factory.)

Maybe in American television, but the world's longest-running live-action sitcom is actually the British Last of the Summer Wine.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Looking forward to three more years of nerds complaining about running jokes.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

ChesterJT posted:

pahuyuth posted:
Yahoo this is excellent news! Chardee MacDennis 3 and 4Frank/Dee/Dennis/Charlie Day... bring it on, jabronis!

quote:

ftfy

I will accept this edit, though I had to read it a few times to get it.... since that's Charlie's name IRL I was all cornfused

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

We already saw Frank Day, it consisted of dumping Country Mac's ashes down the toilet.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Artemis Day :eyepop:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

yes please

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Kwyndig posted:

We already saw Frank Day, it consisted of dumping Country Mac's ashes down the toilet.

R.I.P. Country Mac.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Crashbee posted:

Maybe in American television, but the world's longest-running live-action sitcom is actually the British Last of the Summer Wine.

No one cares about lovely british shows unless it's Benny Hill, jabroni.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Crashbee posted:

Beat it, bozo.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

hell yes

I'd kinda like to see an episode from the point of view of the random old alcoholics that are often in the bar just sitting there watching The Gang's shitshow

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

drunken officeparty posted:

"Seasons" is a terrible metric when it literally can mean anything the TV dudes want. Some shows have 2 seasons in a single year. If you want to compare lengths I'd say first episode air date to last episode air date.

in that case wouldn't it be The Odd Couple? 1970 - Present

(number of episodes is the only metric that really makes sense but whatever its pretty meaningless)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ffs if any metric makes sense it's something like total original airtime. How many hours were wasted on whatever lovely show. If you're insane you can factor in the duration from first to last episode and do some math but good god you all are maniacs.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Ffs if any metric makes sense it's something like total original airtime. How many hours were wasted on whatever lovely show. If you're insane you can factor in the duration from first to last episode and do some math but good god you all are maniacs.

SAVAGES! SAVAGES!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I wonder how short those seasons will end up being. Kaitlin has a new pilot this season and Rob has the Minecraft movie (presumably) coming up soon.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Snapchat A Titty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuiX9mlDY9E

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 2, 2016

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm rewatching Breaking Bad and Ryan McPoyle shows up in season 3 :eyepop:

Sometimrs Jimmi Simpson will pop up out of nowhere in things but I think this is the first time I've seen Nate Mooney not in Sunny.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

drunken officeparty posted:

I'm rewatching Breaking Bad and Ryan McPoyle shows up in season 3 :eyepop:

Sometimrs Jimmi Simpson will pop up out of nowhere in things but I think this is the first time I've seen Nate Mooney not in Sunny.

Is he the arms dealer that The Twins shoot in the truck?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Hughmoris posted:

Is he the arms dealer that The Twins shoot in the truck?

Yup.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I wonder how short those seasons will end up being. Kaitlin has a new pilot this season and Rob has the Minecraft movie (presumably) coming up soon.

Probably still 10 episodes... written by other people and made awesome by the gang.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Did a lil fist pump irl when I read the news, gently caress yes.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah this is awesome, the last season had a few really great episodes and I can't say no to really great episodes of sunny, I don't care if they retread the same ground or do too many callbacks or whatever as long as they make me laugh and the past season made me laugh many times.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

well, im gay

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i want a whole season where charlie and dee are a couple and its so sweet and adorable and i can act out each episode with my charlie and dee dolls

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Only registered members can see post attachments!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Either the new episodes are good or they're bad and if they're bad i just won't ever watch them again problem solved, legacy preserved

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

XMNN posted:

Either the new episodes are good or they're bad and if they're bad i just won't ever watch them again problem solved, legacy preserved

They will be good like every other episode of Always Sunny. Sure some of the episodes aren't great, but they are all good!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i want an episode where danny is in an oil bath and nobody says a word for 20 minutes

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Artemis Vice President Susan Ross Day :eyepop:

FTFY :eng101:

It still blows my mind when I see Artemis on Scandal (yes I watch Scandal)

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They will be good like every other episode of Always Sunny. Sure some of the episodes aren't great, but they are all good!

Yeah thats what I think but I gather some people are concerned about shows they like declining in quality and staggering on zombie -like so that's my proposed solution to that situation should it arise

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
I really wish they'd do an episode that mentions Chase's response to Mac's letter.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dead Precedents posted:

I really wish they'd do an episode that mentions Chase's response to Mac's letter.

There is no need as they had episode with Dennis sending Mac a pic on his phone

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

bobkatt013 posted:

There is no need as they had episode with Dennis sending Mac a pic on his phone

I just want excuse to bring Chase back now that he's a dodger.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So... I've caught up on the current season, and skimmed the thread. I'm seriously dismayed about the show as it is right now. The fanfiction criticism is really apt. Most jokes in the new episodes don't really make sense, there's no organic sense to them. I've always loved the show for its ability to build upon previous episodes as if they were part of a greater whole... But this season pretty much took all the sub-currents of the previous seasons, and made them explicit, the primary subject of individual episodes, thus destroying any possibility of building on them any further without re-treading ground.

Basically, I think the new writers have turned Sunny from a beast of its own into a reiteration of Big Bang or Friends, a really crass sitcom with no substance riding below the gross out surface. I can't imagine Sunny surviving the planned three new season like that.

In a way it felt as if they gave some people who never watched the show short summaries of the characters, and told them to write their own plots based on their interpretation of them.

There was a couple of good episodes, but I'm gonna say 7/10 episodes fell painfully flat, and in a way destroyed my enjoyment of the episodes that worked.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 15, 2016

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Pretty hot take,

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm just disappointed. The gags didn't feel in the same spirit as in the past seasons. I liked the courtroom episode and the gallery one, and even the Chardee Macdennis rehash, but the cruise ending of the season especially felt like it just gave up on trying to build the show forward, instead it just seemed to regurgitate things that were obvious and played much more cleverly for years.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 15, 2016

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
they should have asked you for the good ideas instead of using the bad ideas from those other guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

this is poo poo and i hate it

verge score: 7/10

e: oh sorry that wasnt your score