Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Mostly people who amass wealth in other areas of the game like super scamming, production, market fuckery etc.

His was an 80bil AT frigate - https://zkillboard.com/kill/40694204/

He in particular buys & sells characters via the character bazaar to make money. I remember him saying he made around a quarter of a trillion in a year.

If you're spending that much effort making that much loving isk and not just RMTing it all then you are unbelievably retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Goddamn when did you get so bitter?

I neither drink Kool-aid nor toe the party line and have been praying for the next collapse of GSF since we opened the forums to our allies...but I don't think you understand the word bitter.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
also idgi why do people hate RMTers? if you can make money off this dumb game then more power to you

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If you're spending that much effort making that much loving isk and not just RMTing it all then you are unbelievably retarded.

Probably, but I can only speak about the YouTube/Twitch RMT game as that's what I'm involved in :ssh:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Goddamn when did you get so bitter?

shut up idiot

that also goes to mara :cmon:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
lovely reddit trolls are out tonight

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Since I'm don't really want to resub on my second account with my carrier (and I probably wouldn't want to make the trip on my own anyways), how painful would it be to manually fly down a few non-interceptors to Saranen from VFK?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

nessin posted:

Since I'm don't really want to resub on my second account with my carrier (and I probably wouldn't want to make the trip on my own anyways), how painful would it be to manually fly down a few non-interceptors to Saranen from VFK?

trivial if you fit them right, but also annoying because you gotta mash that jump button in such quick succession

you could just have some shipped

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDv1QiNHbzY

Fix Lag posted:

lol at the current battlefield situation

just lol

Orb
Jun 16, 2002
I ENJOY BOTH THE TASTE AND FEEL OF A HUGE COCK.

Join The Imperium today! The best part of being a Goon is, for me, that it allows me to fly Internet Spaceships with the most badass alliance in the game.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

That's a bad song and a bad video.

Hope I'm not hurting any feelings.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
hey I haven't played EVE in a few years and all I ever did was rat in a Navy Scorpion I could barely fit, can I too help defend goondom??

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

nessin posted:

There is a jump bridge that makes it a pretty short trip, just gotta find a gap between the roving gangs of bored shitlers and manage your space aids.

Zethe
Jun 30, 2012
How many were defending VFK? Just can't see the numbers even though the horn has been blown.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

nessin posted:

you wouldn't want to resub your carrier anyways, jump fatigue makes suitcase carriers take about 50 minutes per jump to do if you're going more than about 2 jumps and the max range you can jump at a time is 5 light years (less than half the old range)

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Is there a way to see if my old character is being used? i put in my username and apparently the email has been changed to theta@gmail.com is that one of you guys? Is it a dick move to try and recover my character? i don't want to steal it back.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

you wouldn't want to resub your carrier anyways, jump fatigue makes suitcase carriers take about 50 minutes per jump to do if you're going more than about 2 jumps and the max range you can jump at a time is 5 light years (less than half the old range)

I actually had him around long enough with no one else training anything that even though he started as a suitcase carrier he's now fully boot capable and nearly able to fly a dread, so it wouldn't be totally pointless. I just don't want to start the second account until I'm sure I'll stick around for a reasonable amount of time.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Oh wow my reddit posting history is #1 on /r/eve

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Despera posted:

Oh wow my reddit posting history is #1 on /r/eve

Same

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4cvqdz/think_i_found_the_most_embarrassing_person_in_the/

oh wow im dumb

Despera fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 2, 2016

Zethe
Jun 30, 2012
Did you actually fall for that

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Zethe posted:

Did you actually fall for that

shutup

Zethe
Jun 30, 2012
I'm pretty sure someone did the exact same thing in this thread like 3 pages back

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

lol

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Orb posted:

Join The Imperium today! The best part of being a Goon is, for me, that it allows me to fly Internet Spaceships with the most badass alliance in the game.

Might consider joining if I had enough money or isk to resub.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

quote:

directorbot: Coming up at 01:00 EVE time is the Talking in Stations show with TMC Editor Matterall. Tonight we have special guests Sion Kumitomo, head of Corp Diplo, along with Eep from IwantISK. https://www.twitch.tv/themittanidotcom <http://www.twitch.tv/themittanidotcom>

Sion and an IWI guy on the same chat? :stare:

Might have to watch that.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Orb posted:

While I didn't really enjoy playing, everyone in goonfleet was super helpful and nice despite me being completely incompetent.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

darth cookie posted:

Sion and an IWI guy on the same chat? :stare:

Might have to watch that.

They're using teamspeak in tyool 2016 and its not working surprisingly enough.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
You need to be the literal worst and most insufferable retard to get hazed out of goonfleet as a new character. I think the only person I can think of that fits in to that category is carpiss everdeen and even he had a bunch of people try to help fit in.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Catpiss Everdeen was a hero

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

causticBeet posted:

You need to be the literal worst and most insufferable retard to get hazed out of goonfleet as a new character. I think the only person I can think of that fits in to that category is carpiss everdeen and even he had a bunch of people try to help fit in.

vacillating between treating them like everyone else gets treated and staring at their adorable ignorance is the Way To Go

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
I was doing some cloaky camping and blopsing when Catpiss first came around. He even put a bounty on me and shortly after I got to witness one of his many drunken losses to a random malediction gang.

CATPISS DOWN

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013
so uh

"pandemic horde" sent me a message today asking if I want to join their ranks

what's the best way to tell them no?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Sakako posted:

so uh

accept then awox them then leave

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

macgillicutty smash bought catpiss everdeen (the character) and then quit eve, thus bringing an end to the catpiss everdeen saga

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Otacon posted:

macgillicutty smash bought catpiss everdeen (the character) and then quit eve, thus bringing an end to the catpiss everdeen saga

drat Mac quit? He was always a source of good amusement.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sakako posted:

so uh

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

You could do that or just ignore it since it's an recruitment email thing we do.

You do you friend.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

DiggityDoink posted:

drat Mac quit? He was always a source of good amusement.

hassle him a bunch on the forums (he still posts in helldump a lot) and tell him that you miss him

i'll never give up on you, mac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Otacon posted:

I just resubbed two accounts and found a Catpiss body in both inventories.

• Locked thread