Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I feel like this bidet is malfunctioning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
What bidet? That's a drinking fountain.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Platystemon posted:

They tried.

Where are the partition walls?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Guy Axlerod posted:

Where are the partition walls?

Hi, welcome to America. This is a big step up from the old fashioned "everyone piss in the same shared trough" deal that was common until like the 1980s.

If you actually want to piss without having the guy next to you scope out your dick, you'll need to move to western europe.

Or, for both privacy and not coating the front of your pants and lower part of your shirt with a fine mist of urine, you could go piss in a normal toilet in the stalls.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I have a sensual, commanding musk when exiting the bathroom

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Leperflesh posted:

Hi, welcome to America. This is a big step up from the old fashioned "everyone piss in the same shared trough" deal that was common until like the 1980s.

Go to Wrigley Field for this.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Leperflesh posted:

Hi, welcome to America. This is a big step up from the old fashioned "everyone piss in the same shared trough" deal that was common until like the 1980s is still in use at Wrigley Field.

I consider myself fairly manly, but that poo poo is a bridge too far.

Edit: Beaten

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Leperflesh posted:

If you actually want to piss without having the guy next to you scope out your dick, you'll need to move to western europe.

Where the toilets will suck.

I don't know what it is, I don't know where we acquired this expertise, but American toilets are unquestionably the best in the world. I mean, the whole thing a lot of Europe does with two different fllush levers, one for pee and one for poo? Okay, that makes sense. But then for some reason they go off the rails over there. Either it's some weird bowl shape that prevents matter from actually flushing, or tiny little pipes that come with signs admonishing you to *not flush toilet paper*, or, God help us, German shelf toilets, it's like the entire continent hasn't figured out taking a dump yet. The toilets in *India* are better (I mean, the real ones you get in nice hotels, not the squat toilets you get on, say, Indian air force bases).

God Bless American shitters.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

GreenNight posted:

fenway park got rid of theirs a couple years ago and i havent been back since

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Oh no another dude might see my dick :ohdear:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

trough pissing is a treasured american pastime that obama removed under sharia law

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Some gay clubs have troughs but with mirrors right above them so you can watch everyone pee pee :gay:

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

GreenNight posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7w24-J9aWA

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

GotLag posted:

Oh no another dude might see my dick :ohdear:

I prefer to pick the dude, not have him pick me when I'm at the middle stall in a row of seven oh my god what the gently caress is wrong with people

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0-OYM7AhW7Q

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Or, for both privacy and not coating the front of your pants and lower part of your shirt with a fine mist of urine, you could go piss in a normal toilet in the stalls.

I see you've not been to many older British pubs. That said, they're not always troughs, my favourite pub has what is essentially a porcelain covered wall to piss against.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Just off for a pint to The Horse and Splashback.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Was going to post that.
Embedded version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-OYM7AhW7Q

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
There was one dive I used to go to that had the trough and then the toilet right next to it so they had to build the partition over the trough. Plywood is not meant to hold up to urine.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Look at you guys and your fancy troughs. I remember seeing some really old public urinals that was basically a pond with a big shoulder-high post in the middle, so people would stand all around it and piss against the post. Which means that no only is there is some dude next to you, you can must make direct eye contact with the guy across and stare him down while you pee.

Also the guys at the sides can totally piss on you if they are drunk/assholes.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Hahaha oh gently caress I saw something like that when I was a kid, and I remember thinking 'why is there a fountain in this bathroom, and why isn't it running?'

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Like this?

As a woman,I have always done my urinating in private, even in public, so this is very unsettling.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Like this?

As a woman,I have always done my urinating in private, even in public, so this is very unsettling.

That's not for peeing in!

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Messadiah posted:

Sez you!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Messadiah posted:

Then what the hell is it? This is not a rhetorical question.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I've seen sinks that were shaped like that before. Whatever that is, though, it doesn't appear to have any faucets.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I've seen sinks that were shaped like that before. Whatever that is, though, it doesn't appear to have any faucets.

Jesus loving christ, people. You press the bottom lever with your foot and water comes out the top. I'm pretty sure I've used one of those in the past year or so.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Kilo147 posted:

Jesus loving christ, people. You press the bottom lever with your foot and water comes out the top. I'm pretty sure I've used one of those in the past year or so.

They're popular in big garages, aircraft hangars, factories, anywhere where you have a big group of workers who get dirt under their nails for a living.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Like this?

I know it looks like a sink, but seriously, people pee in these all the time in industrial facilities. You use the foot pedal to run the water. Maybe it wasn't what they were designed for, but every time I've seen one, people are pissing in them.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

mostlygray posted:

I know it looks like a sink, but seriously, people pee in these all the time in industrial facilities. You use the foot pedal to run the water. Maybe it wasn't what they were designed for, but every time I've seen one, people are pissing in them.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Creative Convention > DIY & Hobbies > Crappy Construction Tales: but every time I've seen one, people are pissing in them

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
I've only seen people washing hands in them :shrug:

cephalopods
Aug 11, 2013

I wish more public sinks had pedals. Beats the hell out of those infuriating motion sensor faucets.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

cephalopods posted:

I wish more public sinks had pedals. Beats the hell out of those infuriating motion sensor faucets.

The people who would stomp them and break them off ruin it for the rest of us.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

One guy needs to take a piss, another wants to wash his hands, I think as long as it's not clear what these things are for anyway they can work out a little mutual benefit and save water to boot.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
To be fair I've only seen these when I was in elementary school.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
That looks like one of those donation things in malls where you put a coin in and it swirls down the basin.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Drop a ping-pong ball there and you've got a fun game to play.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Like this?

I've worked in a place that had these in a machine shop section of the building, they're sinks. Ours had an industrial soap (think Gojo) dispenser on the central column.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I've worked in a place that had these in a machine shop section of the building, they're sinks. Ours had an industrial soap (think Gojo) dispenser on the central column.

The soap was for extra-cleansing your butthole after you pooped in the thing, ya dingus.