Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

pseudanonymous posted:

Yeah I heard macharials. I actually complete the old machariel skill plan but trying to remember all the utilities and stuff i need

The strat requirements for machs were dropped to the floor. P sure you can get SRP with meta guns and BS4 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

was that an april fools joke about going back to baltec?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

causticBeet posted:

The strat requirements for machs were dropped to the floor. P sure you can get SRP with meta guns and BS4 now.

Oh yes you can.

crew posted:

was that an april fools joke about going back to baltec?

As far as I know that's for real. A shame we don't have baltec anymore though :(

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

1,000 megas boys

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

crew posted:

1,000 megas boys

More like Apocs. We could never get people to actually show up in mega's.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Venom Snake posted:

megas, how do you pluralize one thing right then add an apostrophe to the next

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Venom Snake posted:

We did back in 2008

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I had an alt hanging out in UQ in a covops for most of the fight today.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wasn't a big reason for the lack of Megas in play due to most people shooting for Amarr BS V for their Archon over Gallente BS V because the only people that flew gallente carriers were huge PvE nerds or something along those lines?

I definitely remember there being a lot of stigma around flying Gallente poo poo for whatever reason. Then the Ishtar's potential was realized and from there everyone didn't want to bother with it more than cruiser V since they didn't want to have to train large guns when they already had lasers and missiles which worked great for some of the Caldari/Amarr crossover stuff

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Siets posted:

Took a full fleet of Machariels out for stratop opsec stuff.

Enemy stood down because all they wanted to do today was lose.

We transition into alpha-ratting anoms in Deklein because why not.

Comms remain complete cancer almost the entire time, but mostly in one of those "feels good to be back" ways.

On our way home Rhymenoserous bubbles a neutral gang that we catch up to and completely butcher seven ways to Sunday.

We then get one jump out from home and hold on the gate for ~reasons~.

While holding, a giant Pandemic Horde gang jumps through and yet another massacre occurs with ships popping so fast most couldn't even lock their targets.

We continue to hold on gate one jump from home for ~reasons~.

Finally jump home and catch a "neutral" gang on the undock and tear them to shreds, including us bagging their Redeemer: https://zkillboard.com/kill/52971347/

May have gotten a few details backwards/wrong but that was the gist. loving hilarious/incredible night. Can't wait to go on more Laz war fleets.

Don't forget that yall got to kill me too

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tusen Takk posted:

Wasn't a big reason for the lack of Megas in play due to most people shooting for Amarr BS V for their Archon over Gallente BS V because the only people that flew gallente carriers were huge PvE nerds or something along those lines?

I definitely remember there being a lot of stigma around flying Gallente poo poo for whatever reason. Then the Ishtar's potential was realized and from there everyone didn't want to bother with it more than cruiser V since they didn't want to have to train large guns when they already had lasers and missiles which worked great for some of the Caldari/Amarr crossover stuff

artillery was in vogue for a very long time

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!
BaltecsGrindr fleet is definitely for real and we want 50/50 apocs/megas so I imagine we won't have much of problem getting that.

One huge bummer about being an FC and a space barbie is I only fly like 5 ships. FC tengu, FC prote, FC legion, FC damnation, FC svipul. And most of those don't have awesome skinz. I have a really sweet quafe mega skin that I'll probably never get to use because megas don't have enough tank :(

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vulvamancer posted:

BaltecsGrindr fleet is definitely for real and we want 50/50 apocs/megas so I imagine we won't have much of problem getting that.

One huge bummer about being an FC and a space barbie is I only fly like 5 ships. FC tengu, FC prote, FC legion, FC damnation, FC svipul. And most of those don't have awesome skinz. I have a really sweet quafe mega skin that I'll probably never get to use because megas don't have enough tank :(

slaves and faction/officer tank :getin:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

soundcloud please

https://soundcloud.com/dassalt/joinhorde

CCP Manifest is first, Jeffraider just gives up after hearing it.

Also Kyle Aparthos (SMA duder), Laz, & some other Imperium guys hung out and sang "Little Bees" with them all :3:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Apr 2, 2016

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

Apparently it was 177 Goons in the fleet.

Not quite sure where you're pulling that number outta your rear end.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

Also Kyle Aparthos (SMA duder), Laz, & some other Imperium guys hung out and sang "Little Bees" with them all :3:

that was a terrible rap, you could tell he sat there crafting it for an hour with that flow

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

I came in late, that was fun though. Whoever the FC of that was struggled for a bit there before I left. Had to cut off his "thanks for coming..." with "alright and this vomit is really coming soon. Bye"

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I did it, I read the whole thing.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Why can't we fly Abaddons.
It seems this ship was built for fleet fights. Also cheap blood raider skin.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I did it, I read the whole thing.

Anything juice?

I can't find the link.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
drat, I gotta say its awesome to wake up and hear I've been accused of goonfucking. Spent an entire day on fleets, and last one out reshipped to shields, so I had to grab a basi off contract. gently caress me for grabbing one put up by Fweddit's own Casmeron Khurelem. They put Small shield extenders on instead of larges. I didn't see it, was in a hurry and loving tired. So when I relisted after the fleet, someone apparently pitched a hissy fit about it in Saranen local. God drat its good to be a goon I guess. :fuckoff:

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Hobold posted:

drat, I gotta say its awesome to wake up and hear I've been accused of goonfucking. Spent an entire day on fleets, and last one out reshipped to shields, so I had to grab a basi off contract. gently caress me for grabbing one put up by Fweddit's own Casmeron Khurelem. They put Small shield extenders on instead of larges. I didn't see it, was in a hurry and loving tired. So when I relisted after the fleet, someone apparently pitched a hissy fit about it in Saranen local. God drat its good to be a goon I guess. :fuckoff:

You have to admit that it did look like a scam. Even if it was unintentional.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Kirs posted:

You have to admit that it did look like a scam. Even if it was unintentional.

Yeah, it did. This poo poo is why I've been trying to avoid buying ships on contract from any of our "valued allies". But gently caress, it was a last minute reship, timers needed to be saved, and it was something like my 8th fleet of the last 24 hours.

If nothing else, I'm just mad people were so drat quick to poo poo on me for it. I fixed the drat thing and relisted it. When they built the drat thing they didn't use one of the correct meta shield transfers, and were out of PG, so they changed a rig to PG, and swapped the extenders to smalls to make the poo poo fit.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DiggityDoink posted:

that was a terrible rap, you could tell he sat there crafting it for an hour with that flow

I too expect a 30 or 40 something year old white guy who is the PR rep for a game company to be good at rap battles.

Syndic Thrass posted:

I came in late, that was fun though. Whoever the FC of that was struggled for a bit there before I left. Had to cut off his "thanks for coming..." with "alright and this vomit is really coming soon. Bye"

I didn't see you when I was on but thanks for swinging by.

That was Khan, he's a good dude who's a bit rough around the edges when it comes to being an FC.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Zephyrine posted:

Anything juice?

I can't find the link.

I was talking about this spergfest of a thread that exploded 11 pages when I took a night to do RL poo poo. I'll post my TL;dr of logs later on (aka never).

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I was talking about this spergfest of a thread that exploded 11 pages when I took a night to do RL poo poo. I'll post my TL;dr of logs later on (aka never).

Oh I assumed it was the CO2 diplo stuff.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Spent whole morning reading that CO2 diplo thing posted pages ago. https://skyride.org/paste/87cd4baeb34ee2d71f979e6c023a92895af205b5

That is some history of being dumb as a loving brick. So much patience and help over the years wasted on few egoistic shitlords.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

I too expect a 30 or 40 something year old white guy who is the PR rep for a game company to be good at rap battles.

I didn't see you when I was on but thanks for swinging by.

That was Khan, he's a good dude who's a bit rough around the edges when it comes to being an FC.

Yeah it was when things were winding down already for sure. Would that be... Garr Khan?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4d198y/where_were_you_when_the_status_quo_remained_the/

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syndic Thrass posted:

Yeah it was when things were winding down already for sure. Would that be... Garr Khan?

Nah, the dude was Khan Kimpachi. I know Garr said he put an alt into Horde but I never bothered to find the name of it.

yogizh posted:

Spent whole morning reading that CO2 diplo thing posted pages ago. https://skyride.org/paste/87cd4baeb34ee2d71f979e6c023a92895af205b5

That is some history of being dumb as a loving brick. So much patience and help over the years wasted on few egoistic shitlords.

That's a lot of words about internet spaceship pixels.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Apr 2, 2016

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

ranbo das posted:

Was the GSF showing after the SOTG really so bad? There's only like 200 people on the battle report which is like less than half of FCON.

It was pretty bad, but you guys won the objective you set out to win, so v0v

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ranbo das posted:

Was the GSF showing after the SOTG really so bad? There's only like 200 people on the battle report which is like less than half of FCON.

The problem with battle reports is that they only show the people who died or got on a killmail. The call was made to blueball enemy forces after winning the ihub, so many of our pilots did not show up.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
Imagine the smugs if goon doesn't get killed with the combined effort of EVE..

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm a 30 or 40 something year old white guy and you know what? I know I can't rap for poo poo and so I don't try to whip it out and make an rear end out of myself especially when it's being recorded.

That poo poo was embarrassing and cringe worthy. CCP trying to hop on whatever is "cool" is sad, especially when they're getting in the mumble of one of sides of the war they're desperately trying to promote.

DiggityDoink fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Apr 2, 2016

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

DiggityDoink posted:

I'm a 30 or 40 something year old white guy and you know what? I know I can't rap for poo poo and so I don't try to whip it out and make an rear end out of myself especially when it's being recorded.

That poo poo was embarrassing and cringe worthy. CCP trying to hop on whatever is "cool" is sad, especially when they're getting in the mumble of one of sides of the war they're desperately trying to promote.

It almost like CCP had their own CTA yesterday, given that multiple CCP employees hung out in various twitch channels that tried to cover the "big fight".

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

GaussianCopula posted:

It almost like CCP had their own CTA yesterday, given that multiple CCP employees hung out in various twitch channels that tried to cover the "big fight".

my point still stands

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Altran posted:

Already getting a taste of it, the dream is real

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

Altran posted:

You can't kill an idea, friendo.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
Some history lesson needed, why was fatbee chosen as our alliance logo since the beginning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Altran posted:

Some history lesson needed, why was fatbee chosen as our alliance logo since the beginning?

because mothra sucks

• Locked thread