Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Scathach posted:

Aren't like 99.9% of flat-earthers doing it ironically?

Yes. It's basically a combination of trolling and an excuse to drink.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

The best utilitarian argument I can think for ensuring a child does not starve is that the poorer and more wretched a person is the more likely they are to breed.

Bring back the work houses for the little wretches, and let the breeders become social outcasts.

This is this thread's equivalent of a William Carlos Williams poem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
so much depends
upon

the little
wretches

back in the
work houses

letting breeders become
outcasts

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Immolat1on posted:

Came across this treat on my feed on this wonderful holiday.

Although it seems a little petty, nothing too egregious here. Suprise! She is also a pro-Trump anti-PC trash bag!

Bonus anti-Bernie meme that is 100% true, yes sir nothing made up here.

e: I don't know why my images are broken so added separate links
32: Thank you kind prince

Tell her that being sensitive to people's feelings is what libtard PC losers do and to lighten up, it's just a joke!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

SpliffClavin posted:

Bring it on, liberals!

Liberals always get so upset all the time.

If you disagree with my opinions that I put on display, I will become violent.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Canada went through that 20 years or so with the RCMP, and every now and then someone I know gets all pissed off that Sikhs can wear their turban instead of the traditional RCMP retard hat.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

cash crab posted:

scratching there heads

In a better example, the initial ladder would be 7 times taller than it needed to be, and only one oval office would be allowed to use it.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 23:34 on Apr 1, 2016

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Also that ladder isn't big enough to get them out anyway.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Canada went through that 20 years or so with the RCMP, and every now and then someone I know gets all pissed off that Sikhs can wear their turban instead of the traditional RCMP retard hat.

Yea, but this is the Canadian secretary of defense. Suck it bigots

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

PC GONE MAD! This decorated veteran wanted to respect a couple of simple tenets of his faith in a way that has no bearing on his military capabilities, and if there's one thing America is NOT about, it's blending immigrant experiences and identities into some kind of melting pot!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I hope that when the Army fully switches over to OCP he gets a turban in the new camo pattern instead of that lovely "universal" stuff.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

chitoryu12 posted:

I hope that when the Army fully switches over to OCP he gets a turban in the new camo pattern instead of that lovely "universal" stuff.

Uh but when OCP makes the army won't everyone just have chrome domes?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Sikhs are famous for having a deep military history and traditions. I'd say it is in the army's best interest to accomodate them.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

paradoxGentleman posted:

Sikhs are famous for having a deep military history and traditions. I'd say it is in the army's best interest to accomodate them.

On the other hand, they also have a deep respect for honor, equality, and justice, so they're a pretty poor pick.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Good grief, that man is badass enough to want to serve without head protection and people are angry that he gets exemption for it?
oh wait nvm it's about KOWTOWING TO A FILTHY MUSLIM NOT CHRISTIAN

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Thoughtless posted:

I watched a video where a Flat Earther explains that, because I hate myself. The argument is that nobody has actually observed that happening, and all videos of it happening are edited to skip the parts where they lower (or raise, if the ship is coming towards port) the camera.

But, that only works because the earth is curved! If the earth were flat, raising or lowering the camera wouldn't change how much of the boat is visible!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Yeah, the army has never changed their uniform for any reason ever before

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Picnic Princess posted:

Yeah, the army has never changed their uniform for any reason ever before

The only reasonable uniform for our soldiers is the one on the far left.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The only reasonable uniform for our soldiers is the one on the far left.

Like the army would ever do anything for the far left.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

cptn_dr posted:

Like the army would ever do anything for the far left.

:golfclap:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Strict regulations on facial hair.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ofaloaf posted:

That's ok because he doesn't have a beard.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
If the base I work at is any example of the overall U.S. Army, there are loads of dudes with scruffy faces on active duty not for religious reasons but because they have shaving profiles because shaving irritates their skin.

Also this:

Ofaloaf posted:

"Tradition" in the military has never been more or less than a morphing parade of fashion trends just like any other organized collection of humans.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Facial Hair's worked out pretty well for soldiers in other countries, maybe the US should give it a try.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

cptn_dr posted:

Facial Hair's worked out pretty well for soldiers in other countries, maybe the US should give it a try.

Hells yea. :stwoon:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Jews weren't allowed to wear yarmulkes in the US military until recently, so I don't know what that guy's banging on about as if Jews would agree with him about Sikh dude's uniform exemptions.

Also, the camo turban looks super badass.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kinda lovely devils advocate but I'm curious how the guy puts on a gas mask? I mean I've been in a profession for 15 years where I had to be clean shaven because some sort of the job required that I *might* have to wear an SCBA in an emergency. Fair disclosure, I've never once had to put on a gas mask or SCBA in an emergency.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

My cousin again, amid the usual feelgood personality quiz junk he posts when he remembers he has a Facebook.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

belt posted:

Kinda lovely devils advocate but I'm curious how the guy puts on a gas mask? I mean I've been in a profession for 15 years where I had to be clean shaven because some sort of the job required that I *might* have to wear an SCBA in an emergency. Fair disclosure, I've never once had to put on a gas mask or SCBA in an emergency.

This badass guy

Madkal posted:

Yea, but this is the Canadian secretary of defense. Suck it bigots

has already dealt with that situation.

http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/canada-s-badass-new-defense-minister-patented-this-gas-1741012986

I couldn't say whether it's being used by bearded men in the US army, but it's not an impossible task.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/when-a-meninist-posted-this-meme-to-facebook-his-mother-had-a-spectacular-response--ZJxG6i87PgW

His mother responds

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

stdh.jpg

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

One of my work colleagues recently shared a Trump post which I thought was strange because 1) He is a Scottish ex-pat in Australia and 2) Whilst he has expressed some pretty dumb opinions on FB before ("Europe is being overrun by Muslim hoardes" kind of stuff) I didn't think that he was so far gone as to be a Trump supporter. So out of curiosity and against my better judgement I asked if he is a Trump supporter. I was only expecting a simple yes/no answer but instead I got this:

:stare:

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

wow I wonder why he has problems with women?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Cumslut1895 posted:

wow I wonder why he has problems with women?

And Freud's zombie boner shoots out of the ground gloriously in what has just transpired on this facebook post.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
She has a point tho

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Single Dad Laughing is the worst page

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

belt posted:

He has to keep his beard no longer than two inches to accommodate a mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

:catstare: