Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I like Alex's weird charge stomp moves, they're not the sort of thing that you can use with your standard offense, but you can bust them out every once in a while as a surprise and keep your opponent on their toes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

anime was right posted:

stand jab doesnt beat tabs jumpins. its not very good for ppl that are on top of you imo from what i tried but that was from like 15 tries as a person who isnt used to jab aa since I play birdie who has a better aa so im probably an idiot

none can anti-air me as long as i have this title

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Nah that one's more ridiculous (4th total frame):

Ooof, I misremembered how good that hitbox actually is.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I feel the title plates this time around are a bit generic, but I did laugh at "Internet Tough Guy"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

hiddenriverninja posted:

I feel the title plates this time around are a bit generic, but I did laugh at "Internet Tough Guy"

Had to resist the urge to blow fight money on that, the katana dude is the perfect background.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Nah that one's more ridiculous (4th total frame):

meanwhile, Vega, who literally has a piece of steel strapped to his arm that extends a good foot beyond the tip of his hand, can somehow manage to extend a hurtbox in front of most of his claw swipes.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Whoever made it so that Bison's jumping MK is an amazing cross up that also animates in such a way that basically every cross up is going to feature my character responding to Bison kneeing the air about a meter above and behind their head is a loving rear end in a top hat and I hope they die (not really but still) :argh:

Cross ups are an annoying enough mechanic without openly mocking intuitively shaped hitboxes.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
bison j. mk is not that good

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

A.o.D. posted:

meanwhile, Vega, who literally has a piece of steel strapped to his arm that extends a good foot beyond the tip of his hand, can somehow manage to extend a hurtbox in front of most of his claw swipes.

Street fighters strike so skillfully that their punches and kicks resonate through the metal

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

AnonSpore posted:

Street fighters strike so skillfully that their punches and kicks resonate through the metal

Take a look at vega's cr. mp. Yes, the claw on version has a slightly longer range, but during the recovery frames, the hurtbox extends WAY past the end of where the claw was. Meanwhile, with claw off, the recovery hurtbox only extends to the end of the hand hitbox. Vega truly feels the pain of having his beatiful claw touched.

To balance this excess, vega gets no reversal, no invulnerable frames, and a v-reversal that does nothing in the corner.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
This is why you should only play st claw and cvs2 claw

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
So tonight I learned that Karin is not actually too complicated for me to play, and now I'm going to main Karin and I'm hype to play some more rounds with her.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Most accurate tier list yet:

fnox
May 19, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

So tonight I learned that Karin is not actually too complicated for me to play, and now I'm going to main Karin and I'm hype to play some more rounds with her.

Learn to confirm instant tenko with c.LP, it goes a long long way.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

SectumSempra posted:

No. They accidentally gave more reason for you to a wait until they iron out lobby kinks (hmm you figure a huge period to test netcode and functionalities would have been a great time to test this, too bad there wasn't one)
Alex is in if you care about him I guess?
So no. Ugh. Alright, thanks.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
My mains online are birdie and gief :(

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Benson Cunningham posted:

My mains online are birdie and gief :(

online mains

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

My local scene is like 6 people so online is basically all I get.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick
*Proudly smirks* OH, Online? I main a completely different set of chars(pronounced like the grilling term)

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

char!

char!

beeeeam of lightning flashes back for me!!
the shadow of a soul!!

CHAR!
CHAR!
CHAR!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Jmcrofts posted:

I've ran into plenty of geifs and no dhalsims.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think I get Ryu's tier. He doesn't seem like a braindead character and is basically Street Fighter Fundamentals: The Character, right?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I don't think I get Ryu's tier. He doesn't seem like a braindead character and is basically Street Fighter Fundamentals: The Character, right?

they couldn't think of a witty tier for ryu so they just jammed him in somewhere

the correct tier to put ryu in is his own row titled 'ryu tier'

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Reminder that if you ain't modding, you should be

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wtf those look good

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Booyah- posted:

Reminder that if you ain't modding, you should be

now make ken look good

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Just imagine that blonde ryu is ken

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Fereydun posted:

now make ken look good

It's coming eventually

There are people willing to do capcoms job better than them, for free (this isn't released yet)

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Jmcrofts posted:

This is pretty good, but I think zangief also falls into the "Im winnning/losing but I dont know why category." Fairly easy to just do SPD over and over and win at low ranks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

This is pretty good, but I think zangief also falls into the "Im winnning/losing but I dont know why category." Fairly easy to just do SPD over and over and win at low ranks.

yeah if the opponent doesn't know poo poo you can get one off of almost every block

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/Zeether77/status/716047543642243073

me owning this bad game

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
A week or so ago, I had talked about how emotional control is both one of the hardest and most important skills for fighting games that no one ever talks about. I go on tilt a lot, and when I do, I always lose. One you get mad or scared, you are done, bro. When you get caught up in your feelings and get that fight or flight response, you literally get dumber as your brain doesn't process logic so well. It's science, man. I'm already pretty stupid, so the last thing I need is to get any dumber. If you have a big loss streak in ranked and you're getting frustrated, just stop. Take a break. Don't try to win back those points because you're gonna lose more. Call it a night and sleep on it and come back tomorrow renewed.

This guy made a pretty good video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a-gaAmNNXw

This also makes me think there's you know, some actual utility in taunting your opponent and talking smack to them, but well, just do that at your own risk and don't be this guy:
https://www.facebook.com/anbufightclub/videos/1044036798993404/

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

:eyepop:

GOT 'IMMMMM

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I hate Birdie.

I just got mega-exposed as Cammy because I don't know how to properly pressure. I just got jabbed out of everything, poked out after, and it didn't matter that my opponent didn't know how to combo or punish because random hits did a million damage anyway. His normals go so far that I can't seem to punish any whiffs or even negative-on-block moves.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I main my life, not some silly chars :smug:.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

fnox posted:

Learn to confirm instant tenko with c.LP, it goes a long long way.

I'm still learning to reliably pull off instant tenkos. It's crLP into tenko into heavy Mujin, right? How lenient is the tenko input if I don't want the opponent to be able to block it?

F2B
Feb 13, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

A week or so ago, I had talked about how emotional control is both one of the hardest and most important skills for fighting games that no one ever talks about. I go on tilt a lot, and when I do, I always lose. One you get mad or scared, you are done, bro. When you get caught up in your feelings and get that fight or flight response, you literally get dumber as your brain doesn't process logic so well. It's science, man. I'm already pretty stupid, so the last thing I need is to get any dumber. If you have a big loss streak in ranked and you're getting frustrated, just stop. Take a break. Don't try to win back those points because you're gonna lose more. Call it a night and sleep on it and come back tomorrow renewed.

This guy made a pretty good video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a-gaAmNNXw

This also makes me think there's you know, some actual utility in taunting your opponent and talking smack to them, but well, just do that at your own risk and don't be this guy:
https://www.facebook.com/anbufightclub/videos/1044036798993404/

Good stuff. My roomate was a straight decent player on League. Everyone wanted him on their team, but he couldn't hang. He would lose it over anything. He had to quit because he couldn't regulate. It was pretty ridiculous actually.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I win a lot of matches at events because the other guy gets nervous. It's really fun.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I still get the "weak hands syndrome" every now and then when under pressure and the match is on line. I don't tilt easily though thanks to playing way too much poker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
The patch introduced like slowdown for me :<

My FPS goes nuts while I'm trying to do my confirm in training mode.