Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

El Hefe posted:

Bernie is panicking because ratings keep dropping and that's gonna gently caress with his Scrooge McDuck-like vault.

I wonder how much he is worried about falling TV audience numbers vs the extra cash he is getting from more races and extra pay cable bucks. For someone so close to death it must be confusing.

be nice wicka posted:

is everyone itt a medical professional? not a sarcastic question

I am a 4 year veteran of mopping the floors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEjazl-rJL0

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I wonder how much he is worried about falling TV audience numbers vs the extra cash he is getting from more races and extra pay cable bucks. For someone so close to death it must be confusing.

Its all fine and dandy that he has dozens of lucrative contracts with pay TV in several countries but at some point he has to renew those contracts and they're going to bitch about paying so much when the viewers aren't there.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Wow Rosberg almost 1:31 flat

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
34.6 was the best time in last years FP2, but it may have taken placer later and therefore been on a cooler track? Still, seems like a good improvement - maybe the cars will actually become a physical challenge to drive a GP distance like they used to be.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/lewis-hamilton-banned-using-snapchat-f1-paddock

quote:

Lewis Hamilton banned from using Snapchat in F1 paddock

Finally someone has the balls to fix what's wrong with F1

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I love Bernie but he needs to die already, he's like 150 years old he's lived enough.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tsaedje posted:

Even though it's another lovely energy drink, I'm getting a kick out of HYPE on the Force India rear wing.

I get a kick because I last remembering them sponsoring Tyrrell or some other lovely-rear end team in like 1995.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

I get a kick because I last remembering them sponsoring Tyrrell or some other lovely-rear end team in like 1995.

They were on the '96 Footworks. I don't think they ever sponsored Tyrrell.

1995 too.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 2, 2016

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

poty posted:

As a medical professional, all the tests and symptoms point to the same diagnosis: F1 is dead

This post is a gem

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Someone needs to take away Bernie's microphone and send him for a nap. He seems to have spent the last day gobbing off and annoying as many people as possible. The drivers turn: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ecclestone-says-f1-drivers-are-powerless-windbags-683803/

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
As always, Bernie is absolutely right

I also like this video he posted on his Facebook account of Rosberg doing what he does best: https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/videos/581245668699086

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Ron tried to convince the FIA that Alonso is actually a robot and should drive.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/dennis-asks-fia-to-let-alonso-drive-in-bahrain-683847/

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Poor bloody Stoffel, gets dragged away from his own race series with no notice, spends the day setting up a brand new car with jet-lag, end of the session Jenson decides to make a point by doing a low fuel run and puts himself third, and Ron spends the whole day doing the tearful "that's my boy" thing only to find out in the morning that he tried to K-Mag him.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

learnincurve posted:

Poor bloody Stoffel, gets dragged away from his own race series with no notice, spends the day setting up a brand new car with jet-lag, end of the session Jenson decides to make a point by doing a low fuel run and puts himself third, and Ron spends the whole day doing the tearful "that's my boy" thing only to find out in the morning that he tried to K-Mag him.

Jenson did his time pretty early on in the session

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

every indication is that stoffel isn't a whiny crybaby like magnussen. i don't think he would shed too many tears over dennis trying to reinstate the best driver on the grid.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol Nando wandering over to Herbert after watching his rant.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Have C4 ditched the dubstep? This season's getting better already

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

alonso watching vandoorne hang on to a pretty big slide

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

learnincurve posted:

lol Nando wandering over to Herbert after watching his rant.

That was wonderful

https://streamable.com/z2kp

Take that you awful ginger dwarf.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

That was wonderful

it doesn't get any better than this

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
four cars so far in this session with possibly norked power units if anyone is counting.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

learnincurve posted:

four cars so far in this session with possibly norked power units if anyone is counting.

Who are you counting?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Brainwrong posted:

That was wonderful

Nando is always a strong contender in the #banter world championship (w#bc)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
That is great. What did Alonso say, Johnny was 'saconomente' or something like that?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Tsaedje posted:

Who are you counting?

Both toro rossos, Jenson, and Palmer. Don't know how serious any of them were but it does not bode well for the race. /changes autosport predictions

Toto's very flat narration on this merc documentary is creepy as hell.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

krushgroove posted:

That is great. What did Alonso say, Johnny was 'saconomente' or something like that?

Second commentator.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

krushgroove posted:

"I am a world champion. You ended up a commentator because you are not a world champion"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh god. On Sunday the teams are still not going to be allowed to vote to abandon new quali by Todt and Bernie no matter how bad it is http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-qualifying-summit-to-discuss-extra-tyres-shoot-out-solution-683939/

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Weird you didn't see Alonso's race skill last year in a poo poo rear end car that broke down every other race you loving idiot

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol nando tried to prove he was race fit by doing press-ups in front of the stewards.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

sky talking about alonso is the dumbest poo poo i've ever seen in my life

"martin you said you wouldn't let vandoorne anywhere near your seat" "no, i wouldn't"

it wouldn't be your choice you moron

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
If Alonso really wanted his seat he wouldn't have fractured all those ribs and collapsed his lung imo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sky desperately need to get out of the old boys club mentality and bring in someone young, even if it's from the outside, who can actually present and be a funny/likeable lead commentator, and keep the ex-drivers, with the exception of Brundle, to the "and now what do these old farts think" minimum.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

brundle is really really really bad at everything. he used to do good gridwalks but in australia he was ignored by nearly everyone.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

"I am a world champion. You ended up a commentator because you are not a world champion"

https://twitter.com/alo_oficial/status/716226024535621633

fernando don't hurt 'em

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

be nice wicka posted:

brundle is really really really bad at everything. he used to do good gridwalks but in australia he was ignored by nearly everyone.

The only time anyone actually talks to him anymore is when he piggybacks off another journalist and it'd be awkward saying no. 90% of the time it's just him wandering around muttering to himself to avoid dead air.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

At some point Alonso is going to retire, and I fear what he will do next

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

HJB posted:

At some point Alonso is going to retire, and I fear what he will do next

Finance turning his fanfiction into anime

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Brainwrong posted:

Well, he's not wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

people in the media seem to think alonso is on his way out but there's really no indication of that. he's quite clearly still focused and dedicated and loves racing. obviously 2015 sucked but you don't do poo poo like go play around on the podium if you're not finding ways to enjoy yourself.

prost won his last title at 38, schumacher won his last at 35 and was still in great form when he retired two years later, and you can argue alonso is a better athlete than either of those two. dude still has plenty of time.

• Locked thread