Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

Where does it say that Kidd is in jail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

poo poo, I thought the white splotch on the left was the entrance of a distant hallway with a bunch of junk or corpses on the right. It's like a god drat optical illusion until it's pointed out.

E: is it foggy or misty in the jail cell? It seems partially obscured. Also, Kidd is probably jailed because he can't handle bending to authority so he's being punished into submitting to Kaidou's will.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 1, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

poo poo, I thought the white splotch on the left was the entrance of a distant hallway with a bunch of junk or corpses on the right. It's like a god drat optical illusion until it's pointed out.

E: is it foggy or misty in the jail cell? It seems partially obscured. Also, Kidd is probably jailed because he can't handle bending to authority so he's being punished into submitting to Kaidou's will.

It's probably standard 'deep shadows' to, yes, obscure the place.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Maybe Kidd traded pants with a mink?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Good eye! I missed that on first read.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Metal bars?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
When you think about it, Kidd has an insane power with the whole magnetism thing. Especially in a place where everyone depends on magnetically attuning to islands in order to navigate...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
'When you think about it, [person] has an insane power' is kind of a recurring thing in One Piece though.

The exceptions are those where you don't need to think about it to realize why that power is insane.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Say Nothing posted:

Metal bars?

Probably seastone like in Alabasta. If Crocodile and Doffy have access to it, Kaidou more than likely does too.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Probably seastone like in Alabasta. If Crocodile and Doffy have access to it, Kaidou more than likely does too.

Or seastone cuffs and regular bars.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

lowercase16 posted:

Or seastone cuffs and regular bars.

Crocodile didn't need to cuff Luffy and Smoker in his cell in Alabasta.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Crocodile didn't need to cuff Luffy and Smoker in his cell in Alabasta.

But Luffy and Smoker didn't have the ability to interact with things outside their cell to the degree that Kid probably can. I guess Kaidou expects him to become a subordinate otherwise he'd be dead by now. I wonder if he'll submit or get rescued by the Straw Hats and join their armada instead?

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I'm confused, did I miss something about Kidd? I thought he and Apoo teamed up with Kaidou and that's that?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Space-Bird posted:

I'm confused, did I miss something about Kidd? I thought he and Apoo teamed up with Kaidou and that's that?

well apoo was in the kidd alliance and kids foot is in jail. so it looks like something happened between that. so its either apoo had to have been in allegiance with kaido from the start or immediately flipped for some reason (betrayal, or kaido stomped the poo poo out of kidd and apoo was like well uh i got a new boss now or i'm doomed too huh). there was no details in between the alliance announcement and this happening, which i think is cool. oda is handling important stuff off-screen. im guessing kidd got beat up during the dressrosa arc.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

anime was right posted:

well apoo was in the kidd alliance and kids foot is in jail. so it looks like something happened between that. so its either apoo had to have been in allegiance with kaido from the start or immediately flipped for some reason (betrayal, or kaido stomped the poo poo out of kidd and apoo was like well uh i got a new boss now or i'm doomed too huh). there was no details in between the alliance announcement and this happening, which i think is cool. oda is handling important stuff off-screen. im guessing kidd got beat up during the dressrosa arc.

Ooh! I just scrolled up and saw that image, it was completely unrecognizable to me. Isn't Kidd famous for being violent and hard to work with? kinda like Jack? Looking forward to finding out what's what... but I feel like we might be seeing Shanks soonish.. once Apoo, Kid, and Kaidou come into the story.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Or he's relaxing outside a cell, not inside and is the one who answered the phone. I've no idea why everyone is so confident he's in it from that tiny panel.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

1. I don't think Kidd is in jail.

2. If he were in jail it's more reasonable that he was captured by the marines/BB than Kaidou putting him there.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
it would be fitting that luffy is the only supernova to successfully take down one of the emperors.

Elbaf is definitely happening before raftel too because there is no chance oda wouldn't have a party page full of giants at the end of the arc

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Say Nothing posted:

Metal bars?

They got a bunch of plastic bars from the X-Men.

Shoren posted:

But Luffy and Smoker didn't have the ability to interact with things outside their cell to the degree that Kid probably can. I guess Kaidou expects him to become a subordinate otherwise he'd be dead by now. I wonder if he'll submit or get rescued by the Straw Hats and join their armada instead?

If Smoker wasn't a total dummy, then he could have easily escaped by billowing out between the bars or up the chute they fell through. Or at the very least sent a smoke tendril through the bars to mess around with the outside room.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Jose posted:

Elbaf is definitely happening before raftel too because there is no chance oda wouldn't have a party page full of giants at the end of the arc
I keep on half-expecting Elbaf to be the next arc after the current one finishes up.

I should mention that I've been doing this since Thriller Bark ended. :smith:

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Yeah the Supernovas are kind of a disappointment. I mean I guess not everybody can be Luffy but I would have expected at least a couple of crews to make more of a name for themselves in the New World. Kidd, assuming he's being punished for insubordination or something, appears to be the only non-Luffy supernova (except Zoro, of course) to not kowtow to the first Emperor they ran into. Moria got wiped out by Kaido, Croc by Whitebeard, and they never fully recovered, so there's precedent for standing up to an Emperor no matter how futile it probably it. But Apoo and Capone immediately pledge their allegiance to their respective masters, presumably Hawkins as well until we see otherwise. This from the group that seemed like eleven lawless firecrackers back on Saobondy. Even Law for all his badassness was just hurtling toward his master plan of dying just to screw over Doflamingo until he met Luffy.

Here's hoping Kidd gets out of this and pulls off some cool poo poo. I don't expect him to be a major antagonist, but dealing some sort of SAD factory-style blow to Kaido to pave the way for a Luffy beatdown would be pretty cool.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Advice posted:

Yeah the Supernovas are kind of a disappointment. I mean I guess not everybody can be Luffy but I would have expected at least a couple of crews to make more of a name for themselves in the New World. Kidd, assuming he's being punished for insubordination or something, appears to be the only non-Luffy supernova (except Zoro, of course) to not kowtow to the first Emperor they ran into. Moria got wiped out by Kaido, Croc by Whitebeard, and they never fully recovered, so there's precedent for standing up to an Emperor no matter how futile it probably it. But Apoo and Capone immediately pledge their allegiance to their respective masters, presumably Hawkins as well until we see otherwise. This from the group that seemed like eleven lawless firecrackers back on Saobondy. Even Law for all his badassness was just hurtling toward his master plan of dying just to screw over Doflamingo until he met Luffy.

Here's hoping Kidd gets out of this and pulls off some cool poo poo. I don't expect him to be a major antagonist, but dealing some sort of SAD factory-style blow to Kaido to pave the way for a Luffy beatdown would be pretty cool.

I don't think the Supernovas are disappointing really. From what Pekoms said, the Yonkou themselves are in a league of their own and totally dominate the New World in every way. The Supernovas serve as a nice foil both for how incomprehensibly powerful the Yonkou are relative to Grand Line upstarts and also for Luffy to make his defining mark as eventually taking on (and winning) against the unapproachable Yonkou as an indomitable force to be reckoned with. Luffy will go where no other pirate (save Blackbeard) has dared to tread.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Blackbeard hasn't tread there though. He refused to take on Shanks, hasn't yet touched Kaidou or Big Mom and flat out lost to Whitebeard. Badly. Instantly. He only took him on with help from his crew and with a perceived advantage in the dark dark fruit. And then only when he was old and worn out from battle with others.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hes going to beat shanks in due time though. The supernovas weren't really exceptional there were just a lot at the same time. Look at bart and Cavendish. The emperors have been around for a long time

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it'd be kinda weird to have blackbeard beat shanks

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
How so? The setup is there with him having damaged Shanks in the past. I don't think he's set to for the moment, since he's on a collision course with Dragon. I don't see him winning though since Dragon hasn't done much yet and has no relationship with Luffy. He might go after Shanks after that, especially if he sees a weakness.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

luffy and shanks have history spanning back to the first chapter, and usop's dad is part of the crew. it's not that I don't think blackbeard would do it or anything. it just seems like the strawhats have been on a collision course with shanks' crew since day 0

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

AradoBalanga posted:

I keep on half-expecting Elbaf to be the next arc after the current one finishes up.

I should mention that I've been doing this since Thriller Bark ended. :smith:

What if Big Mom controls Elbaf?????

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Manatee Cannon posted:

luffy and shanks have history spanning back to the first chapter, and usop's dad is part of the crew. it's not that I don't think blackbeard would do it or anything. it just seems like the strawhats have been on a collision course with shanks' crew since day 0

i think they'll meet on some level but shanks crew will be beaten by blackbeard's crew because given the parallels since we'll at some point need to know how high the stakes are and how powerful blackbeard's crew is and it makes sense since shanks + blackbeard + luffy all have similar crew setups (crew of 10 totally dope dudes w/ a legion behind them). like, its oda tho, and he pulls "haha theres gonna be THESE matchups just you wait" and then the arc just goes in a totally different direction so if he breaks that idea its fine, but its a pretty natural conclusion and i think this is one case where he stands to not break the rules of shounen since fighting is the primary conflict and having each character go through a very personal 1v1 fight as the final push is going to make for an exciting and fun climax.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 1, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Shanks losing to blackbeard who thne loses to luffy as he becomes pirate king is a good cap to him giving back the straw hat

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Krampus Grewcock posted:

What if Big Mom controls Elbaf?????

I thought about this a page or two back, but it's unlikely since Usopp isn't on the Sanji Rescue team.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jose posted:

Shanks losing to blackbeard who thne loses to luffy as he becomes pirate king is a good cap to him giving back the straw hat

As Luffy surpasses Shanks, he trades in his straw hat for an open sleeves red coat emblazoned on the back with the words "PIRATE KING."

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 1, 2016

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I bet Apoo is just playing the obsequious servant, covering his rear end until he can make some suitably hilarious attack on Kaidou before running away with his arms in the air.

Besides Capone and (seemingly) Apoo, who's really actively serving a Yonkou? Drake is serving Kaidou too, but I have to believe he's deep undercover or something and really planning to take him out. So that's 3/11, and I'd be surprised if any of them besides Capone was serious about being subservient.

It's going to be interesting to see the Worst Generation become enemies as they side with the Yonkou against the Strawhats. Might Brook fight Apoo during the Vs. Kaidou mega-arc? I'd like to see it, at least.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Eiba posted:

I bet Apoo is just playing the obsequious servant, covering his rear end until he can make some suitably hilarious attack on Kaidou before running away with his arms in the air.

Besides Capone and (seemingly) Apoo, who's really actively serving a Yonkou? Drake is serving Kaidou too, but I have to believe he's deep undercover or something and really planning to take him out. So that's 3/11, and I'd be surprised if any of them besides Capone was serious about being subservient.

It's going to be interesting to see the Worst Generation become enemies as they side with the Yonkou against the Strawhats. Might Brook fight Apoo during the Vs. Kaidou mega-arc? I'd like to see it, at least.

Music vs music, I like it.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Eiba posted:

Didn't Drake attack Scotch, one of Kaidou's lieutenants, on that snowy island, though?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Crazyeyes posted:

Didn't Drake attack Scotch, one of Kaidou's lieutenants, on that snowy island, though?
Yep. To get Kaidou's attention.

Post time-skip he avenged Scotch's defeat at the hands of Caribou, seemingly acting on behalf of Kaidou (what we actually saw: a rebellion that Scotch tried to put down and failed, was then put down by Drake). He was also chilling with Kaidou's men on the snowy island we saw at the end of this chapter during the Dressrossa reaction montage.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Crazyeyes posted:

I think it was only to prove his strength and get in good with Kaidou, but then again I'm still working the "undercover dinosaur cop" angle.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
btw im legitimately insane but i still think one piece is Literally The World since gol d roger amassed all sorts of poo poo, including everything (mentioned in both manga/anime), and he left that literal everything in one piece (the world).

awakening is being able to literally control matter so yeah once you get super awakening you can do literally everything. also what blackbeard can do with his powers (since he can manipulate the wavelength of everything with whitebeards power which is why it was so fear not bc of the actual earthquake itself, and stop people from changing the wavelength of stuff with his darkness power which is how devil fruits work). also his original name was everything d teach according to oda. also being free means being able to literally do anything so uhhhhh yeah. and luffy is the only dude who if he had the power to actually rule the world would just throw a bunch of parties and hang out w/ weirdos.

also gol d roger killed himself because he was bored (the incurable disease) and wanted his will to live on and have a cool as gently caress adventure. after all, luffy wouldnt want to go on a boring adventure.

also i still think they'll have to destroy mariejoia or w/e as the climax to make all blue anyway.

regarding the wavelength stuff that was literally mentioned how devil fruits work btw (enies lobby) and theres several allusions to being able to sense the voice/breath of poo poo. its kinda vague but i think that all ties together.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 3, 2016

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also luffy looks like a devil or merman in the one piece logo which is probably a coindidence but i thought it was p funny that the silhouette makes him look like he has horns/claws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

tsob posted:

I thought about this a page or two back, but it's unlikely since Usopp isn't on the Sanji Rescue team.

Until we get a scene where the offer to join is extended, he acts like a coward, Elbaf is mentioned, and he changes his mind and pretends he was always on board for the rescue mission.

Then he befriends the giants, becomes their leader and saves the day. And thus ends the most perfect One Piece arc.