Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

DrBouvenstein posted:

Hopefully learning how to spell "haha" correctly.

It was spelled the same way on the Robin suit in BvS:

There's no trailing 'H', God-dammit! :argh:

I'm hip to you kids, with your I-pods and your X-boxes, hahah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Hopefully learning how to spell "haha" correctly.

It was spelled the same way on the Robin suit in BvS:

There's no trailing 'H', God-dammit! :argh:

It says “HAHAHA”. You can see the third A above the S in “JOKE'S”

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I Am Crake posted:

It says “HAHAHA”. You can see the third A above the S in “JOKE'S”

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
See, The Joker's so CRAZY he doesn't care for proper kerning! Watch out, guys!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Microsoft's Tay twitter bot seems more in line with how the Joker would use social media, anyway.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Juicero, a $700 juicing machine where you cannot put in your own fruits and vegetables. You need to subscribe to a weekly delivery. It's like Nespresso but worse.

It HAS to be connected to wifi to function. It reads a QR code on each disposable packet and if it sees it is 1 day past expiration date it will not juice it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1oHp-VvhDE

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 20:05 on Apr 2, 2016

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Juicero, a $700 juicing machine where you cannot put in your own fruits and vegetables. You need to subscribe to a weekly delivery. It's like Nespresso but worse.

It HAS to be connected to wifi to function. It reads a QR code on each disposable packet and if it sees it is 1 day past expiration date it will not juice it.

Why the gently caress would anyone buy this? Is it an april fool's joke? You could replicate this with a foil packet of fruits/veggies and a flat rock. Just put them in and push the loving rock down.

Their product is worse than a rock and costs hundreds of loving dollars. If people are seriously buying this dumb thing then they don't deserve all that disposable income, give it to starving people you smug fucks.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
If you have to buy a specific pre-packaged product anyways why not just get a bottle of juice? I thought the point of a juicer was that you could juice stuff you already had around the house.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Mu Zeta posted:

This looks like one of those SNL fake commericials. How is this a real thing? :psyduck:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If you have to buy a specific pre-packaged product anyways why not just get a bottle of juice? I thought the point of a juicer was that you could juice stuff you already had around the house.

Seriously. If you're that loving lazy that you're buying pre-packaged bags of produce to squash, just buy bottled juice.

This product is literally for people who have money and have nothing left to spend it on.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
how is it hard to juice your fruits

I'm sure people who want to be healthy would just buy a blender and regular people would just buy juice from the store.

so it's for lazy people that wants to pretend to be healthy? the gently caress

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm sure people who want to be healthy would just buy a blender and regular people would just buy juice from the store.

Clearly harder than most people think.

I watched this with my girlfriend and the amount of "gently caress offs" in less than 2 minutes was impressive. It's definitely targeted at the "I'm so healthy"/Soylent demographic who want to shave precious hours off of doing crazy things like "food prep".

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grey Fox posted:

Microsoft's Tay twitter bot seems more in line with how the Joker would use social media, anyway.

i can absolutely see the joker having one of the top weird twitter accounts

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tired Moritz posted:

Juicing is easy but the cleanup is a nightmare. I rather companies focus on making better juicers that let you use your own food and is easy to clean.

Right now it only takes 5-10 minutes to do the prep work and to juice a couple servings. The cleaning is 20 minutes.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Juicing is easy but the cleanup is a nightmare. I rather companies focus on making better juicers that let you use your own food and is easy to clean.

Right now it only takes 5-10 minutes to do the prep work and to juice a couple servings. The cleaning is 20 minutes.

The one I have is a super easy and quick clean up, but the prep and juicing itself takes forever. Supposedly you get more and better juice with it, but tbh, I don't use it nearly as often as I should because the whole process is a pain. I still will never buy one of those stupid Juicero things.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
It's an April Fool's joke you idiots

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

BuckarooBanzai posted:

No it's not, sadly.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

BuckarooBanzai posted:

http://www.businessinsider.com/juicero-raises-120-million-2015-1

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

For fucks sake, buy a Vitamix, it costs half what that idiot yuppie machine costs, can actually make things, and cleaning it takes 30 seconds, at most.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Blenders and juicers are different products

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Well poo poo.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Why is adam sandler selling lovely juicers now.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

A 700 dollar machine to squeeze juice out of fancy capri sun packets. I can only hope this is some sort of honeypot, and if you order one they just send a guy to your house to shoot you in the face.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
You should all check out @internetofshit for your various ridiculous products that are wifi or online connected for no goddamn good reason at all

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ddiddles posted:

Why is adam sandler selling lovely juicers now.

i thought he looked like a curly headed version of the dude who plays reverse flash in the tv show.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

It's funny how the CEO "declined to comment for this story" but it's obvious that he paid for it.

"Rumor has it the CEO of Campbell's tried the juice and ran back to cut a $10 million check."
:rolleyes:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
With a title like that, how could that possibly not be a serious article written by an objective journalist

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.
That ad was actually entertaining to watch and I could see the product being a success with a select group of people that are gently caress-off rich and want to live healthy without too much hassle. I wouldn't buy it because it is so much more expensive than juicing everything yourself, and that it has to be connected to WiFi is dumb as hell.

The article on it is a travesty of journalism and deserves to go away forever though.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Hamburger Helper put out a hip-hop album.

Wait, did I say 'dumb'? Because I meant 'awesome'.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
just eat your goddamn vegetables, christ

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nitrox posted:

With a title like that, how could that possibly not be a serious article written by an Objectivist journalist

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Guy Mann posted:

Hamburger Helper put out a hip-hop album.

Wait, did I say 'dumb'? Because I meant 'awesome'.

This needs more love because it's legit cool and amazing.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-hamburger-helper-mixtape-20160401-snap-htmlstory.html

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Hamburger Helper mixtape being "surprisingly good" is more of a testament to how low the standards are for that kind of hip-hop than anything.

Future, Young Thug and Drake are bad and their critical acclaim seems like it came out of desperation (this is not implying that Drake makes similar music to Future, Young Thug, or Hamburger Helper. I just hate him).

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Maybe I'm an idiot, but doesn't juicing remove all the fiber and make your system get a huge hit of sugar all at once?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Hamburger Helper mixtape being "surprisingly good" is more of a testament to how low the standards are for that kind of hip-hop than anything.

Future, Young Thug and Drake are bad and their critical acclaim seems like it came out of desperation (this is not implying that Drake makes similar music to Future, Young Thug, or Hamburger Helper. I just hate him).

These are good and level opinions about hip-hop, yes sir

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Lol I forgot this wasn't the unpopular opinion thread. Whoops!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The North Tower posted:

Maybe I'm an idiot, but doesn't juicing remove all the fiber and make your system get a huge hit of sugar all at once?

Well you're definitely removing much of the fiber, which is a huge reason to eat vegetables in the first place. You could juice like, kale or some poo poo and it wouldn't be a huge hit of sugar, but you should still just eat it normal because fiber.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

The North Tower posted:

Yes, if you're juicing fruits, no if you're juicing veggies.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I thought there was a rapper called Young Thug, which seemed very uninspired.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
What are the actual benefits of juicing compared to blending? Juicing seems more for vegetables as I've never hear of people throwing denser vegetables like carrots in a blender, but nowadays you can get spinach and kale and other leafy greens in your smoothie at smoothie stores with your delicious fruits...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Phlegmish posted:

I thought there was a rapper called Young Thug, which seemed very uninspired.

There is!