Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I don't do sex, so I don't really know what the ins and outs are. But I would say that if a woman takes a man into her bed or couch and starts making out with him, it's up to her to tell him when to stop. If he has to ask permission all the time to do anything at all (as I was taught by the feminist harpies that ran the sex-ed classes in the early 80s when I was in high school) it would take all the spontaneity and enjoyment out of it. To enforce constant consent-seeking like that comes across to me as positively Orwellian.

So it's up to the woman to either spell out before starting what her limits are, or to tell him to stop if he goes too far. And then to give him a reasonable time to stop; I've read of court cases where a boy was sent to prison on a rape charge because he took 5 seconds to pull out after the girl asked him to stop. She should actively push against him and tell him, repeatedly, to stop. I would posit that if she tells him to stop more than 3 times and he doesn't, only then she might have a case.

I've also heard that bringing a man close to orgasm and then forcing him to stop with a charge of backed-up semen causes a lot of pain. If a man causing pain to a woman is regarded as a crime, then so should a woman causing pain to a man. Bringing a man to that stage and then forcing him to stop seconds short of blowing his load is rape against the man in my book.

edit: MRA-snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

This. He had the easiest election in the world but he's floating wildly unpopular thought bubble policies at such a rapid rate it's almost impressive.

Like an "ideas boom"?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

starkebn posted:

It would be great if they could send this to the group making medical marijuana products

You can't just grab a random strain of cannabis and start producing medical products, the same way you wouldn't grab a random strain of opioid to produce morphine.

They could I guess, but you really want those sort of things to be tightly controlled. Different strains of cannabis throw up a variety of concoctions.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

MaliciousOnion posted:

I don't do sex, so I don't really know what the ins and outs are. But I would say that if a woman takes a man into her bed or couch and starts making out with him, it's up to her to tell him when to stop. If he has to ask permission all the time to do anything at all (as I was taught by the feminist harpies that ran the sex-ed classes in the early 80s when I was in high school) it would take all the spontaneity and enjoyment out of it. To enforce constant consent-seeking like that comes across to me as positively Orwellian.

So it's up to the woman to either spell out before starting what her limits are, or to tell him to stop if he goes too far. And then to give him a reasonable time to stop; I've read of court cases where a boy was sent to prison on a rape charge because he took 5 seconds to pull out after the girl asked him to stop. She should actively push against him and tell him, repeatedly, to stop. I would posit that if she tells him to stop more than 3 times and he doesn't, only then she might have a case.

I've also heard that bringing a man close to orgasm and then forcing him to stop with a charge of backed-up semen causes a lot of pain. If a man causing pain to a woman is regarded as a crime, then so should a woman causing pain to a man. Bringing a man to that stage and then forcing him to stop seconds short of blowing his load is rape against the man in my book.

edit: MRA-snipe

This guy is as well educated about sex as Libertarians are about literally everything.

EDIT:

hooman fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Apr 2, 2016

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I like how the put a smiling girl who appears to actually holding a work envelope or folder, so you know at least attempting to look like their working, vs a dude who is obviously doing nothing and looks either bored out of their mind or possibly like they might just be about to bash someone.

It's like if one of those scam weightless pill internet adds got the the before and after the wrong way around. I actually do sort of agree their still some weird gender stuff around dress codes that doesn't make to much sense to me, but the only time I've ever heard feminists discuss dress codes is when their agreeing, that yes they are a bit hosed up and would be good if they went away. Like seriously has there been any well known feminist arguments for gendered dress codes in workplaces.

I know thinking to deeply about anti-feminist arguments is usually a bit of waste of time, but it sort of amazing how much stupidity they can fit into one little image.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

One is carrying a folder, the other has a reference for City Beach on his resume.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

OR A REALLY THIN PURSE WITH IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

starkebn posted:

what do you think of the :biotruths: LibertyCat?

not touching this with a ten foot pole.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

LibertyCat posted:

Gutless as well as stupid.

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Starshark posted:

Gutless as well as stupid.

I hope you choke on a turd.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

dr_rat posted:

Like seriously has there been any well known feminist arguments for gendered dress codes in workplaces.

They're just trying to present some double standard when (a) women don't get away with sleeveless tops in corporate anyway and (b) they ignore who imposed these standards to begin with.

Most of the MRA nonsense only exists to fight feminism, there's no interest in actually furthering any male issues.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

LibertyCat posted:

I hope you choke on a turd.

Wishing harm upon others now, are we?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Anidav posted:

One is carrying a folder, the other has a reference for City Beach on his resume.

You mean that's not standard attire in Australia?

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011

MaliciousOnion posted:

Found an article on Aboriginal agriculture, for those who are interested: http://researchonline.jcu.edu.au/27882/1/ellwood_etal_2009.pdf

Cheers

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

MaliciousOnion posted:

I don't do sex,

You probably should. It's not a bad thing all in all.

Mordialloc
Apr 15, 2003

Knight of the Iron Cross

MiniSune posted:

You probably should. It's not a bad thing all in all.

You could end up with another Australian...

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

LibertyCat posted:

If you're not willing to debate and discuss your opinion, why are you posting in debate and discussion? :shrug:

I mean either you're pro feminism, in which case ok, or you're against it, in which case ok.

The only reason you'd answer the way you did is that you're anti-feminism, and know that such an answer wouldn't be popular and would result in people asking you questions, which you aren't willing to answer because you don't believe in your stance that strongly.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

quote:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...afb0994944a0ca2
Mr Turnbull said the commonwealth and states would use technology, such as smart phone applications with real time updates on government spending and the performance of government agencies and service providers, to maximise accountability to taxpayers.

“If you have, in effect, an online dashboard of government performance — we’ll be launching one of our first ones for the federal government very shortly — then people will see precisely how things are performing,” Mr Turnbull said.

:lol:

This is cargo cult level thinking.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

open24hours posted:

The next step is to include a blockchain somehow

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I want an app for Bronwyn Bishop's expenses.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Because that guy's shirt really fits a traditionalist conception of masculinity. If anything that's a pro-feminist picture. The woman would get to stay in the office because she is meeting society's expectations of her. Literally the only way this could criticise feminism is by saying it hasn't gone far enough. :psyduck:

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 3, 2016

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
It's not a flattering outfit at all for his body shape. It makes his torso and arms look really really long, I hope he didn't choose it for himself.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Anidav posted:

The bloke will never be hired because the sheila will work harder for less money

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Because that guy's shirt really fits a traditionalist conception of masculinity. If anything that's a pro-feminist picture. The woman would get to stay in the office because she is meeting society's expectations of her. Literally the only way this could criticise feminism is by saying it hasn't gone far enough. :psyduck:

A lot of anti-feminists willfully misunderstand feminism; yes, in a lot of cases it is about promoting equality through improving the status of women, but for a lot of feminists it is also about dismantling the traditional gender roles which oppress pmuch everyone in society, man, woman, or otherwise. anti-feminists will see an area in which many men are disadvantaged due to traditional gender roles (e.g. child custody) and think that feminists either don't care and are promoting an unfair double standard, or are actively to blame for the disadvantage.

Dude really needs to iron his shirt though.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
QLD Labor just approved the Adani coal mine in the Galilee basin.

One, two, three, gently caress the ALP.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Weren't a bunch of you supposed o be meeting the minerals minister or something, you can ask him what his commission is

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

SeekOtherCandidate posted:

E: uh, okay, just checked Facebook again and yeah, they've done it :(

starkebn fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 3, 2016

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-03/mning-leases-approved-carmichael-mine-qld-galilee-basin-adani/7295188

quote:

Mining leases have been approved for the $21.7 billion Carmichael coal mine and rail project in the state's Galilee Basin by the Queensland Government.

verses

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-03/great-barrier-reef-aust-will-miss-targets-researcher-said/7286466

quote:

Australia looks likely to miss water quality targets set out to keep the Great Barrier Reef on UNESCO's World Heritage list, a senior researcher at the Federal Government's own marine science agency has warned.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!
lol I think Dennis Jensen lost the preselection.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

lol I think Dennis Jensen lost the preselection.

life's hard for a struggling young author

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

tithin posted:

If you're not willing to debate and discuss your opinion, why are you posting in debate and discussion? :shrug:

I was going to ignore the issue because it's not something I particularly care about, but my name was mentioned. Since I could say the sky is blue and get dogpiled over it I didn't want to get drawn into a debate over a minor issue.

If you really care I'm all for equal opportunity but am against quotas.

It seems like some feminists see a lot of men at the Top, but they don't look down and see a lot of men at the Bottom. If "Feminism" is a catch-all term for removing toxic gender roles for both sexes, it should change its name, but this is hardly an Australian-specific political issue.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
loving wow!

quote:

There are no asylum seeker children locked up in Australian immigration centres for the first time in almost a decade

wait a tick, that doesn't sound right?

quote:

The government has reclassified sections of detention centres as “community detention” in order to be able to claim that all children have been released from immigration detention.

:wtc: :smithicide:

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...sed?CMP=soc_567

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

LibertyCat posted:

I was going to ignore the issue because it's not something I particularly care about, but my name was mentioned. Since I could say the sky is blue and get dogpiled over it I didn't want to get drawn into a debate over a minor issue.

It seems like some feminists see a lot of men at the Top, but they don't look down and see a lot of men at the Bottom. If "Feminism" is a catch-all term for removing toxic gender roles for both sexes, it should change its name, but this is hardly an Australian-specific political issue.

:cripes: You deserve all the 'dogpiling' you get

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

open24hours posted:

This is the current thinking with a lot of bullshit tech startups. Provide a functional service and gather all the data, then work out how to effectively make money with it later. In actuality, they waste money providing an unprofitable service with the hopes a larger company will buy them out and use it for something profitable. This is a good strategy for government because... agile disruption.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

loving wow.

:psyduck:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anna P no! You were the chosen one!
*watches Daniel Andrews approve killing children for hunting*
ALP Noooooooooooooooo
Not Agaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
But, to be perfectly fair I'm not the least bit surprised.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

norp posted:

The next step is to include a blockchain somehow
Yeah just like how the ASX is looking to implement a blockchain into their systems.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/asx-builds-blockchain-for-australian-equities-20160121-gmbic0.html

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Well the QLD Govt should definitely fund the Safe Schools program now.

Seeing as we are hatefucking the environment now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

LibertyCat posted:

lol okay

LibertyCat posted:

How can we quantify if we are achieving equality if we aren't somehow measuring gender representation?

LibertyCat posted:

And yet a whole bunch of MRA's (e.g. you) wilfully ignore the fact that by screaming about :qq:But what about men???:qq: you are actually marginalising disadvantaged groups by shifting the focus away from them and onto yourself.

• Locked thread