Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hello thread. I've just had breakfast at a local bar, complete with Irish coffee and I am going to be playing video games with my cousin before too long.

It is a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

more like alan woke, because that game was on fleek

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
i dont get it

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
aland wake is good though, I like the story and I'm not even a fan of stephen king

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

oddium posted:

more like alan woke, because that game was on fleek

what's fleek please and thank you

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it means fleet week, it's a thing discovery channel does about the navy. alan wake was featured on it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oh fleet week is actually a real thing wow

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played a bit of Portal 2 this morning. It's better than I remember, which is rare

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
I think I will replay portal 2 soon, I never found the secrets first time round

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

oddium posted:

it means fleet week, it's a thing discovery channel does about the navy. alan wake was featured on it

it's a dumb word, like bleem

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like looking at Steam global achievements. Seventy percent of Portal 2 owners played past the short intro sequence, forty percent finished the single-player campaign. Fifteen percent have completed all of the co-op puzzles.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

Welcome to the 21st century where everyone is tripping over themselves to combine words and sentences into a singular word that is always terrible and never funny. Dont even get me started on the dumb names people are creating for their children. :arghfist::corsair:

Dark Souls games are terrible and not very fun so April is going to be boring for me.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Does this mean something other than the commercial PSX emulator?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleem!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Wamdoodle posted:

Does this mean something other than the commercial PSX emulator?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleem!

no but i'm saying the word they used as a name for it is dumb.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"dumb" is a dumb word if you look at it

why is there a "b"

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lizard Wizard posted:

no but i'm saying the word they used as a name for it is dumb.

I see and :agreed:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

remember how nobody could run bleem for poo poo when it was on store shelves? good times.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Does anyone have the Mass Effect beeps from the game's UI? Need them for my phone. Only found speech samples and other stuff online.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Alan Lake was so good.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

Dont even get me started on the dumb names people are creating for their children. :arghfist::corsair:

don't be shy

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
50 years later, Hitlerdidnothingwrong Imgay gave a speech to the UN today.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

oddium posted:

don't be shy

In the last year I have encountered at least 30 kids named after various video game characters. One guy named all 3 of his kids after Halo characters, another used FF7 names, and I wish I was joking but I have even seen an Arthas as of 2 weeks ago.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Must be very odd to name your son after a video game character who kills his father.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've met a bunch of Oedipus' in my day, nothing weird about it

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Furnaceface posted:

Welcome to the 21st century where everyone is tripping over themselves to combine words and sentences into a singular word that is always terrible and never funny. Dont even get me started on the dumb names people are creating for their children. :arghfist::corsair:

Dark Souls games are terrible and not very fun so April is going to be boring for me.

Bleem is from the 20th century, guy who hates dark souls

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Today was good day and then I remembered something I did to embarass myself four years ago and now the whole day's shot.

EDIT: gently caress now I'm remembering high school why did I think it was cool to wear my hair like that

gently caress my life is a parade of shame

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 2, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

In the last year I have encountered at least 30 kids named after various video game characters. One guy named all 3 of his kids after Halo characters, another used FF7 names, and I wish I was joking but I have even seen an Arthas as of 2 weeks ago.

aeris or aerith

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Today was good day and then I remembered something I did to embarass myself four years ago and now the whole day's shot.

EDIT: gently caress now I'm remembering high school why did I think it was cool to wear my hair like that

:same:

Today i'm going to work on finishing Apollo Justice and probably also play more Stardew.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Welcome to everybody's life

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ahh, the android app updated and its all weird

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lizard Wizard posted:

remember how nobody could run bleem for poo poo when it was on store shelves? good times.

I remember how by the time Bleem actually came out, the freeware emulators were like a thousand times better.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

Ahh, the android app updated and its all weird

How so? I'm eyeing the update but haven't clicked yes.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

oddium posted:

aeris or aerith

Aerith for maximum shame, naturally.

It was probably a goon's kid anyway.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Jordan7hm posted:

So far I've only noticed that the drop-down menu used for quoting and poo poo has been replaced by a pop-up menu.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Aerith" is a mistranslation. Her name is Eric.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eric Gainsbro

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jordan7hm posted:

It was mainly pop up menu because that was the first time I'd quoted someone with it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

lol

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

[looks up from newspaper]

yes ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004