Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Category: April Fools

I know :shrug:

It's that they're presenting all the info DSmart has presented as implausible enough to make a joke of it. But then their joke will happen IRL and there will be no fidelicious space ships in which to hide themselves from their shame.

Eh, it was funnier in my head I suppose.

new page have a thing:

Rainbow Knight fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

ShredsYouSay posted:

Possible Sperg player character concept for Solar Plebeian:

still need view from backside and possibly from side as well

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

ewe2 posted:

Alas! I have not 4k in disposable income so was unable to buy jpegsbring you this feast of parp until now! But perhaps it was for the best, for I laboured upon the parp and parped more of it. Given the travails of late, I joined the healing power of reggae with the stark beauty of Neil Young's songy stuff, and there was much desperate stabs at humourrejoicing.

* There are 17 parps in the lyrics but the song has more, how many can you count?
* SPECIAL FEATURE: Taking back it back for goondom, a royalty-free personal goondeyadda parp singalong WITH HANDCLAPS for Mr Derek Smart Esq, safe from internet supervision. Sing it for your favourite goon or SC shill! The list is so long...
* Said singalong contains an awful attempt at toasting, I sound like Grover the muppet doing Billy Rasta Skank. It's the thought that counts, and I laughed a lot while doing it.
* ManofManyAliases: learn to laugh at yourself. It will set you free. You've already lost the money.
* Hey paid CIG reader: play this in the office, get a singalong going.

Saved!

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Eonwe posted:

Jojo has a fight where a dog that controls sand fights a hawk that controls ice and another fight that is literally just them playing poker and these aren't even the weirdest fights

Real talk the poker fight is my favourite episode of both the old OVAs and the TV anime.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Toops posted:

Also, the random anime chat is loving infuriating.

You are so not going to like my treatise on Spergian Courtship Practices.

Oh by the way Toops, people been clamoring for you to join the official SP discord channel.

And I begun work on a series of pulp novels set in the SP 'verse

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Screams eeeEEE posted:

aren't you spending a bunch of :10bux: on this as well? really what you should be doing is just adding spelling errors to what they put in eonwe's av to see if they care enough to fix it.

Yeah there are a few of us doing it. While your idea is good I doubt they're sharp enough to notice something like that.

Marketing idea for Lowtax: Offer lifetime avatar insurance (LTA)* for $2100. Purchasers get access to a private forum and cheap Chinese steel ID cards.

*expires yearly

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

orcinus posted:

Oh, i know.
I'm not saying everything on aliexpress is poo poo.

I'm just saying the spread is very very wide, and ranges from extreme poo poo to very decent.
Since i don't feel comfortable with experimenting (or am just plain lazy), i usually don't.

Oh, I wasn't arguing with you. There's a great wealth of poo poo over there, but if you're into tech thingies and on a budget, aliexpress just can't be beat

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Dusty Lens posted:

Planetes is very good and I wish that there were more high quality examinations of near future space stuff regardless of genre.

Because space is the place.

There's Space Brothers. http://www.crunchyroll.com/space-brothers

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

D_Smart posted:

... (e.g. when I build the game docs, I work from the source .DOC files). ...

I'm disappointed! Someone as old-school, hardcore and on the spectrum as you should use Latex.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Without a hint of irony, I really enjoyed Planetes.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Oh, it is the words needed to decrypt the thing? So the cameraman or who ever they keep talking to off camera. Wingcommander.

I was hoping it was a cryptic countdown until the bomb drops.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Toops posted:

holy poo poo.

:five:

Can I use this in SP as a "Goonrathi pilot recruitment poster?"

Dude, absolutely. I can make some more up for the other races and factions.

peter gabriel posted:

Hoooooly shiiiittttt

I will get this printed up, it's just too cool :)

Glad you like it! It should print up damned huge, like poster sized without losing resolution.

This is already the most fun project I've worked on in a long damned time.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 2, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Haskell9 posted:

Also can one of the Swedenerds explain Surströmming to me? What drove your ancestors so insane that they decided to turn fish into buzzard repellent on purpose and then put it in their mouths?

Well fermenting is a form of preservation after all, and salt could be expensive and/or in limited supply in the north of Sweden

Nowadays the northerners mostly use it to scare tourists :shrug:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Toops posted:

I don't understand what's happening ITT right now.

Derek decided the best way to keep the thread interested in his 3 DAYS is to turn it into some kind of National Treasure roleplaying game.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I liked the Ryan Archer Art Hunt more

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

:same:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Derek decided the best way to keep the thread interested in his 3 DAYS is to turn it into some kind of National Treasure roleplaying game.

I prefer it this way tbh

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Star Citizen A.I. looks incredible

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kayak got a blister on his foot from chasing chickens too hard.

Don't worry though, he's not making a big deal out of it or anything :v:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Screams eeeEEE posted:

I know :shrug:

It's that they're presenting all the info DSmart has presented as implausible enough to make a joke of it. But then their joke will happen IRL and there will be no fidelicious space ships in which to hide themselves from their shame.

Eh, it was funnier in my head I suppose.

new page have a thing:

no you're right it is funny and good. I think Beer was pointing out that they tagged their own article as an april fools joke because otherwise people might not even know. The article is trying hard to make all the speculation seem absurd or implausible, but it fails completely because the writing is on the wall.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

I think we've bled that one dry

Would welcome some new stupidity though

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:3:

Someone buy that dog an account

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

CIG IS LOVE, CIG IS LIFE

Jeesh loving nimwits.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I don't know man, we said this the last 3 times.
I'm sure we will be seeing him soon...

And besides, Ryan Archer brings out the best in Derek :smug:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm having trouble differentiating between Derek's posts that read like he's high or clinically insane and the ones that read like he's high or clinically insane

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

D_Smart posted:

Well, there are 4 clues which will decipher the code that Beer posted. I have provided 2 out of 4. I will provide one more on Mon, and the final one on Wed.

You will always recognize the post as being part of the code series because it will read like I'm either high, or clinically insane.

Just toss me either of the remaining clues and I'll be happy. Clue 4 will save me more time than 3, but I'd be grateful either way. Otherwise I'll be sitting here all day brute-forcing it.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

"THEY CAN WALK AROUND WITHOUT BUMPING INTO EACH OTHER :gizz:"

Edit: Bonus p dot c dot to go with your A dot I dot, thanks granddad

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 2, 2016

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

Just toss me either of the remaining clues and I'll be happy. Clue 4 will save me more time than 3, but I'd be grateful either way. Otherwise I'll be sitting here all day brute-forcing it.

I know nothing about encryption* but even if you have the 4 clues to use as the key, then how do you know what type of encryption was used? And how are the keys combined? Assuming clue one is 'camera', and clue two is 'Wing Commander', then the beginning of the key could be:

camerawingcommander......

or

camera wing commander..

or

Camera Wing Commander...

etc

* Actually I know almost nothing about encryption. I learnt everything I know after Googling for a few minutes yesterday.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
It looks like I had a WHALE of a time.

It's fully UV unwrapped and probably game ready, includes a lovely plain color texture, grab it an use it however you want.

For those that can't see the 3d preview thing:

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

TheCoach posted:

It's fully UV unwrapped and probably game ready, includes a lovely plain color texture, grab it an use it however you want.

IMO, it could do with a couple of small windows to represent the whale's eyes.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

TheCoach posted:

What filetype is it? Will I be able to use it in 3dsmax?

Ponzi posted:

I was thinking the same things.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheCoach posted:

drat that's super dope looking!

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
You can just draw them on the texture anyways.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

What filetype is it? Will I be able to use it in 3dsmax?

That's a .blend but I could try to poo poo out aN .OBJ so you could import it and preserve UV's.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Ponzi posted:

I'm gonna agree with this, but otherwise it's loving fantastic.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

TheCoach posted:

That's a .blend but I could try to poo poo out aN .OBJ so you could import it and preserve UV's.

If you would be so kind. If/when you find the time of course.
would love the meddle around with it.

Honestly it has a lot of potential, and its a dope model.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

From now on every time one of you posts an anime, I will bookmark the thread five pages back and read it again. You've been warned. That is all.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Amazing. I wonder if the guy realizes the AI is a 3rd party product.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Ayn Marx posted:

From now on every time one of you posts an anime, I will bookmark the thread five pages back and read it again. You've been warned. That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

"is going to be". Excuse me, I think you mean "is".

• Locked thread