Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I actually just saw the Turkish Airlines commercial- and it frames Metropolis and the world better than Snyder did in +2 hours of BvS.

Like, people look happy? I get the impression people like Superman without it being some creepy cult? Lex as part of the rebuilder of Metropolis seems to ground his character?

Like how does a lovely airline commercial do that much better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

FizFashizzle posted:

The bathtub scene was as close to nudity as you could get without doing it.

yeah but I just couldn't get there

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I actually just saw the Turkish Airlines commercial- and it frames Metropolis and the world better than Snyder did in +2 hours of BvS.

Like, people look happy? I get the impression people like Superman without it being some creepy cult? Lex as part of the rebuilder of Metropolis seems to ground his character?

Like how does a lovely airline commercial do that much better?

What's this about? how could a tie in commercial possibly have that much in it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I like that Metropolis and Gotham are basically Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri.

And like 40 square blocks of Gotham is uninhabited like those weird empty pre-fab Chinese cities.

It was definitely a good decision to do that and wasn't horribly stupid for the sake of the dumb plot.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

just lmao

http://kotaku.com/batman-v-superman-isnt-like-other-superhero-films-and-1768676827

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

how are we gonna have the worlds greatest detective solve this case?

I dunno just have him get invited to a party and like throw an iPad onto a randomly placed super computer.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Is Zach Snyder still doing the JL films because if so lmao

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

What's this about? how could a tie in commercial possibly have that much in it

It's a pretty short commercial, but it's framed as 'Turkish Airlines is now doing full service flights to Metropolis, newly rebuilt and as vibrant as ever!'

The flyover/skyline shots make Metropolis look bright and impressive like you'd expect in a Superman movie. There's a brief Superman cameo as he flies over a group of people eating lunch outside and the look up with happy, non-insane smiles. Lex has a line or two, including one here he's sitting in First Class and has a goofy line about 'we can't wait to see you!'

IDK, it just sets up the world in a much more coherent light than the movie does.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The other day I saw an edit of the Superman saves a girl from jumping off a building panel to reflect what the Zack Snyder Superman would do instead. Does anyone have it?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

some dingus posted:

it is a film that gives us characters with motivations and feelings

holy projection, Batman

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

holy projection, Batman

Aside from Batman, what was anyone's motivation?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

to move the plot forward

~just like in real life~

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

So maybe someone remembers better than me- when exactly did Lex actually get in to the Kryptonian ship and start talking with the computer?

I'm pretty sure it was after congress blew up and basically at the same time as Superman being alone in the Arctic and Batman doing his crossfit, but the middle of this movie is a huge jumble for me.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Why talk about commercial instead of show it? Everything is on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TReIozZ1b10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpk8eSpRBnY

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The other day I saw an edit of the Superman saves a girl from jumping off a building panel to reflect what the Zack Snyder Superman would do instead. Does anyone have it?

e: the best part is that they gave it that lovely Gears of War brown tint.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 2, 2016

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

http://nypost.com/2016/03/30/batman-v-superman-is-too-smart-for-marvel-fans/

quote:

I wouldn’t call “Batman v Superman” the most coherent film of the year, but it’s pretty much the opposite of mindless entertainment, and some of the critical complaints sound a lot like, “Thinking makes my head hurt.”
You peasants just didn't understand it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I liked a broad swath of the film and am just disappointed in how poor the writing is. The critical outcry is a bit hyperbolic as ever, I would hardly call this the worst superhero movie ever made or anything like that. That said, I don't think most people are too dumb to "get it" because the movie itself is pretty dumb, it just is too dumb to realize it.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i think it's hosed up that an alien from another world would lay claim to an earth mom

Supercuck: Moms I Steal

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

So maybe someone remembers better than me- when exactly did Lex actually get in to the Kryptonian ship and start talking with the computer?

I'm pretty sure it was after congress blew up and basically at the same time as Superman being alone in the Arctic and Batman doing his crossfit, but the middle of this movie is a huge jumble for me.

I think it was before the bombing. He was talking to another senator (senator purrington perhaps?) And he convinces the senator to let him have access for like his patents on weapons? Idk I was so sick of watching by then I zoned out.

F2B
Feb 13, 2003
Kevin Smith trying to explain this is a ruckus.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

F2B posted:

Kevin Smith trying to explain this is a ruckus.

He's just trying to stick up for Affleck, Kevin Smith is a g when it comes to his pals

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

He's just trying to stick up for Affleck, Kevin Smith is a g when it comes to his pals

Kevin Smith is human trash

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Mel Mudkiper posted:

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Mel Mudkiper posted:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mel Mudkiper posted:

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
point to the doll where silent bob touched you

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Hahahahaha even China hates it

http://variety.com/2016/film/box-office/batman-v-superman-china-box-office-1201744114/

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Human Trash is Kevin Smith.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hsart namuh si htimS neviK

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

This is glorious.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I mean that's fine, but I don't know that Smith in particular has to do it- very few people are actually complaining about AffleckMan at this point- he's usually pointed out as the highlight of the film in fact.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Just gonna post my favorite Kevin Smith pic

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Just gonna post my favorite Kevin Smith pic

Not the most flattering shot of his wife.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Not the most flattering shot of his wife.

I didn't see Jason Mewes in there

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I didn't see Jason Mewes in there

Please, Jason Mewes is totally the husband of their relationship.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I'm laughing at people waiting for an extended cut of BvS that will somehow fix things. A ruthless editor with that extra footage and a goal of a running time of no more than 105 minutes MIGHT be able to wizard a satisfying film from that garbage heap. Adding more poo poo is just making the problem worse.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Pvt.Scott posted:

I'm laughing at people waiting for an extended cut of BvS that will somehow fix things. A ruthless editor with that extra footage a a goal of a running time of no more than 105 minutes MIGHT be able to wizard a satisfying film from that garbage heap. Adding more poo poo is just making the problem worse.

They lost the entire reel labeled 'Superman's motivations' for the theatrical release, but found it shortly thereafter.

• Locked thread