Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
gently caress, my golden ticket got me the stupid Mummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My Broly team actually isn't getting much play this WT, turns out I don't have enough Broly friends for him to show up consistently. I've instead been rolling with Team Turles and just one shotting everyone with rainbow Saiyans.

I'm amazed at some of the teams I have run into in the finals though. Not so much Broly but it seems I'm running into SSJ3 Goku, AGI SSG Goku, both Dokkaned Cells, LR Broly and the new Golden Frieza as the last team of every run.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm not sure what the new Goku is, is that his HTC outfit from Cell Saga?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, it's the buffed version that he never uses in a fight because he found something better.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Well, I either missed that my HP was low or got hit by a super (or both, since the damage was more than my HP) to suffer my first defeat in the World Tournament. I think it was in the semifinals though, so that's kinda disappointing.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I ate a super from SS3 Goku, which would have been fine, but it was one of those turns where my opponent got three attacks before I got my first. And so I crashed out in the semi-finals. A shameful display.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ever since I ran out of Ghost Ushers, the game has taken a perverse enjoyment out of dogpiling 3 attacks onto one character.
Usually whenever I'm up against one of those mono-color or dual-color teams, and I don't have anyone of the opposing color to properly block with.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Try double stacking King Yenmas. I've been having little trouble though. Rarely have to use items now although I'll spend fruits to get an immediate friend Broly super off.

Reached top 2000 but can't play to maintain until tomorrow...

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I wasn't paying attention and got rolled in the finals earlier. Wasn't to a super, just wasn't paying attention and got kicked in the face by a SSJ3 Goku and a Vegito in succession.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I cannot devote the time to this to get 80 bloody wins in the tournament. It takes so loving long to do even 1 win! I'm just past 10 and I don't know how you guys are grinding this out. I guess I just don't like the game enough? I dunno but holy poo poo.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
For the first time ever, I lost a tournament. Took 60000 damage from a AGL Kid Buu super attack for a one hit kill. Was in the semifinals too.

I don't like how much the difficulty has ramped up in this tournament.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I've been super slamming along nicely in this tournament. My biggest problem is stamina :argh:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh, nice, Gotenks strike.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

It's running from now until the end of the WT. That's... kinda frustrating. While it's nice for a game to have too much to do, having it come in the middle of giant stretches of nothing to do is a bit irritating. Pacing is important, dammit.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I'm 2 million points ahead of 30k and just got both Gotenks'. I think I can hold off for a short while. Thank you lazy Saturday.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I accidentally just started the tourney with my Gotenks team. This should be interesting.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, this Gotenks strike is for real. TEQ and AGL both hit like trucks and PHY and AGL both have buckets of HP. I'm just using my Prepared for Battle team, since they're really good at throwing supers and I can take advantage of all the Turles leads.

I've been having bad luck with my stuns.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Quote isn't edit.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 2, 2016

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I've only done the strike once twice on Z-Hard (to get the stones, and a quick break from the tournament). I fought a PHY failed Gotenks who tanked a SSJ3 Goku SA 10 Super like a champ. I j beat TEQ Failed Gotenks thanks to 4 straight Supers (although 2 were Agility Based), but he hit for just under 50k damage on SSJ3 Goku. I assume AGL is a non-failed Gotenks?

Just hit 40 wins. Man, Double Broly would make the tournament so much easier, although it's nice seeing a lot of other people Broly so I can use theirs. I think I could run out of Ghost Ushers (only have 45 left), but Tree of Mights (over 300), Senzu Beans (Over 300), and Kings (Over 100) should last the rest of the tournament. And the best part of this tournament so far is I haven't spent any real cash, unlike other tournaments.

Unfortunately, every single DB pull so far has been a duplicate, although it looks like the only 3 I don't have are the SSR's (Kid Goku, and both Demon King Piccolo's).

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Ugh why is the Gotenks event at the exact same time as the World Tournament?

I'll try to just get one of each before going back to the WT.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, it's kind of a pain in the rear end. Still going to try my 80 wins, but it does increase the stone cost of the whole affair.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I cannot devote the time to this to get 80 bloody wins in the tournament. It takes so loving long to do even 1 win! I'm just past 10 and I don't know how you guys are grinding this out. I guess I just don't like the game enough? I dunno but holy poo poo.

I feel the same way. I'm up to 24, and I'm just sick of it. I wish there were some way to automate it, or speed it up. Especially when I know it's sending the same drat teams after me in each quarter/semi/final.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
So if you start the Gotenks strike on z-hard and don't see regular Gotenks, should you just abort the mission?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

zelah posted:

So if you start the Gotenks strike on z-hard and don't see regular Gotenks, should you just abort the mission?

There's still a chance to get the character you fight. I got a PHY Failed Gotenks from fighting him.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Yeah AGL Gotenks is a 100% guaranteed chance, but TEQ and PHY Gotenks function like any other strike event.

Haven't seen AGL Gotenks yet though. fighting TEQ is a pain in the rear end for me since I have so few good INT types, I'd rather go up against AGL Gotenks and Piccolo even if they're stronger.

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 2, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I fought AGL Gotenks around 4 times in the course of getting both to SA10. I switched to PHY nuke for the strike, switching between Ultimate Gohan and Fat Gotenks as my hitters.

I think I threw 6 stones at stamina and I'm much happier with two SA10s with good passives over the R I would have gotten. Also got a Supreme Kai medal from a capsule, so that's always neat.

Back to the tournament, I guess.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

the_steve posted:

I feel the same way. I'm up to 24, and I'm just sick of it. I wish there were some way to automate it, or speed it up. Especially when I know it's sending the same drat teams after me in each quarter/semi/final.

I'm closing in on 34 wins so I'm basically committed at this point (btw this is about where rank 5000 is at right now). The only way I can justify doing this is by binging on Netflix shows while playing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I hit Beerus Tier. Got my 5 stones. Single summon. Screen breaks. "Bye guys." Generation 1 STR SSJ Goku. A card that I now have 3 of. :sigh: Could be worse, I suppose..

I'm going to get up to the level where I get 2 golden DB tickets, but I might be done after that. I'm only 6 matches away. I'm not going to break 5000 and stick there, there's too many people competing at this point.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Tournament has not come at a great time for me. I'm not even at 30 wins this sucks.

Also gently caress you Gotenks because I'm behind I'm just gonna have to skip this one

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I was thankfully able to close the app before a Broly attack and TEQ Cell (I've seen a lot of teams with both those characters) Super killed me in the finals, which when it reloaded I used a Ghost Usher. I thought I was safe with most of my HP, but evidently I was not. Almost to 60 wins, where i'll take a break.

I finally got to encounter AGL Gotenks, hits like a truck. This strike seems a bit harder since you have to worry about 3 different types as a battle.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Cozz posted:

I was thankfully able to close the app before a Broly attack and TEQ Cell (I've seen a lot of teams with both those characters) Super killed me in the finals, which when it reloaded I used a Ghost Usher. I thought I was safe with most of my HP, but evidently I was not. Almost to 60 wins, where i'll take a break.

I finally got to encounter AGL Gotenks, hits like a truck. This strike seems a bit harder since you have to worry about 3 different types as a battle.

Yeah, I ended up with a mixed team but it makes it difficult to counter them directly. You kinda have to have a weakness to one just in case you encounter another. The AGL Piccolo that shows up with AGL Gotenks is a pushover though, just burn him down quick to prevent taking the extra damage.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
55 wins so far and comfortably in top 5000. The timing for the Gotenks strike is so stupid though.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I really wanted that PHY Fat Gotenks because it looks like it should be useful in the Buu event. One of the Buus is an INT type and I don't think any other PHY cards have the link that weakens him.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

At 51 wins I'm over the hump, hoping to get the other 30 or so wins today so I don't have to bother with it tomorrow, but I really can't imagine how people ground up 100 wins on previous tournaments, and I don't see myself doing this again for a while. Feel free to quote me in two months when I'm burning another weekend chasing cheap SSRs.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I hit 30 wins before bed last night, and am coming to accept that I probably won't get 80. I just don't have the stamina, in game or out.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can't get to 80 at this point. Was busy all day. Oh well. We'll see, though.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
People are typically busiest at the beginning/end of the month--and this is a quarter close to boot. This was a real bad time for a tournament.

They hosed up big time two weeks ago and are just making it worse now.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I say this every tournament, but I forget how draining these can be. I hit 72 wins tonight, I'll just be working on Trying to get some more Gotenks as the stamina resets. I might be able to hit the top 1000, but that'll depend on how far I fall in the rankings the next couple of days.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I finished Gotenks earlier than expected. Guess I'll get a few more rounds in the tournament after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
65 wins. Not too bad for me since I've done the 100 wins thing and with a lesser team to boot. Fewer rivals means a higher rank for me so more people being not interested in the WT is alright by me.