Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

gvibes posted:

Is there still a non-full goon whatever (club)?

Get in silversquid and ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I love league

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Diamond series

Duo'd with a really good Renekton top for 2 games, lost both horribly.

I decide to go solo, and then come back and win 3 in a row to get promoted to Diamond 5.

The last game was the biggest stomp I've ever played in League, even after my Jhin (I'm a one trick pony) was banned by the guy I was duo'ing with earlier (he was on the enemy team and lost his Diamond promo series)

our team's only death was the Rek'Sai dying to wolves at 2 minutes

This is JP server

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007
As a warning to anyone learning to jungle: if you sit in the brush near Krugs, it looks like you have vision of the whole camp, but in reality the enemy can drop a ward against the wall and you won't be able to see it.

I had my first Amumu game ruined because of that. I still couldn't believe it when I watched the replay.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

AHH FUGH posted:

This is JP server

you do realize you are going to be the reason a lot of japanese shitters start making posts on the japanese forums demanding riot get rid of all of the foreigners right

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Played against an ASol support yesterday, and it was surprisingly effective. He provided a lot of peel/disengage. When he's trying to engage on you the Q is not too bad, but when you're trying to engage on a priority target, it's just brutal. Maybe it was just my first time seeing it, and I didn't quite know what to do, but it felt like being up against a more effective less execution heavy S3 support Zyra. The laning pressure is a lot weaker, but it's also hard to apply pressure on him. The team fighting is a lot stronger. I've only played a dozen or so games with/against asol, and it was mid/top/jungle. This was the most effective I've seen him be by far.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I've been running asol support since day one and it's wonderful. I usually got fqc, sightstone, rylais, and then whatever after that. Rylais procs on the stars mean if you're trying to engage your target is going have a miserable time escaping, and if you're trying to escape between the slow and the q you are probably gonna be fine. Wicked fun

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

pog boyfriend posted:

you do realize you are going to be the reason a lot of japanese shitters start making posts on the japanese forums demanding riot get rid of all of the foreigners right

No way man Japanese server is chill as gently caress and I only type in smileys anyways :) :( :?) :o)

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
So are you teaching or something there because every other post mentions you're in Japan so I'm curious

Who the gently caress keeps taking away your loving Impact AV :mad:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can never escape the anime

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

tidiox posted:

As a warning to anyone learning to jungle: if you sit in the brush near Krugs, it looks like you have vision of the whole camp, but in reality the enemy can drop a ward against the wall and you won't be able to see it.

I had my first Amumu game ruined because of that. I still couldn't believe it when I watched the replay.

There are places you can put wards at the dragon/baron pit entrances that look like they reveal up to the back of the wall but don't show wards placed just over it.

That poo poo is hella dumb.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
japanese usernames are so cute. RED SPIDER!!

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Servaetes posted:

So are you teaching or something there because every other post mentions you're in Japan so I'm curious

Who the gently caress keeps taking away your loving Impact AV :mad:

Yeah but at an actual university not some poo poo job

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

AHH FUGH posted:

I'm just going to assume you'll be teaching my wife's brother this year. Call him a blood traitor for bringing an Xbox one into glorious Nippon.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

AHH FUGH posted:

wow, you must be an old man

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
speaking of JP server's goodness, this guy randomly said this in a post match lobby and then left

Tired Moritz posted:

wow, you must be an old man

we prefer the term "ojisan" here in glorious nippon

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I have a friend who went to vietnam for a holiday and they were really racist towards him. Whitey and wide-eye were not uncommon.

Is japan as open about their hate of foreigners?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

AHH FUGH posted:

Diamond series

Duo'd with a really good Renekton top for 2 games, lost both horribly.

I decide to go solo, and then come back and win 3 in a row to get promoted to Diamond 5.

The last game was the biggest stomp I've ever played in League, even after my Jhin (I'm a one trick pony) was banned by the guy I was duo'ing with earlier (he was on the enemy team and lost his Diamond promo series)

our team's only death was the Rek'Sai dying to wolves at 2 minutes

This is JP server

Is your name a japan-ification of "take on me"

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Methanar posted:

I have a friend who went to vietnam for a holiday and they were really racist towards him. Whitey and wide-eye were not uncommon.

Is japan as open about their hate of foreigners?

Japan has had foriengers for hundreds of years so 99.99% of them don't give a poo poo about you or your dumb cracker face

kingcobweb posted:

Is your name a japan-ification of "take on me"

It's the English spelling of "低甘味" which means "low sugar" or a LoL slang for being salty

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
actually the only people that Japanese people don't like are new money Chinese tourists who are (they say) loud, litterers, and have no manners or ettiquette

I can kind of understand that though because tourists are pretty much horrible anywhere

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Japan is racist as gently caress lol

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
lol i've never once had anything racist or even bad or insulting happen to me so idgaf

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
they like hot white men, I heard.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Friend of mine who lived in Japan for a year to teach English told me a bit about how their xenophobia and racism works. Most of it comes from their older generations (which makes up a disproportionally huge amount of their population), and from people who live outside of cities. Also they're much more hostile to tourists than people who live/work there.

The xenophobic old dudes tend to not work in areas that require dealing with tourists.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
so basically the same as the USA

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah, turns out a lot of the world is pretty racist

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
http://plays.tv/video/5700181d7bf5fa1e6e/bronze

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
this is all very interesting

in a slightly less interesting news

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Happy Draven day to that dude too

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
who the gently caress is that guy/who the gently caress cares

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Servaetes posted:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's tyler1 a diamond player who got permabanned some 8 times before riot started personally banning every account he showed on stream

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Luna Was Here posted:

I think it's tyler1 a diamond player who got permabanned some 8 times before riot started personally banning every account he showed on stream

I wish Fate Falls was banned permanently

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Servaetes posted:

Apparently it's 0.006% of the playerbase

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
he'll bash you irl for saying that by the way

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Guess I'm done playing league. Ever since the draven thing went live, playing league causes my computer to completely poo poo the bed and league is apparently using almost 16gb ram. It stutters like crazy and at times is completely unplayable

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Have you closed the league client (the front end, not the game itself) recently? Because that has a pretty major memory leak

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Luna Was Here posted:

Have you closed the league client (the front end, not the game itself) recently? Because that has a pretty major memory leak

yeah complete shut down my computer earlier when I left, came back and turned it on, did the same thing.

e; seems to be okay now after it literally crashed my computer last time. we'll see.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
You cant blame people who were alive around ww2 for being racist. Theyd have been getting propoganda their whole life so they grow up to support the regime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Koguma posted:

I wish Fate Falls was banned permanently

Beebz is my friend please do not be mean to him

• Locked thread