Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

dragonstalking posted:

It's laughable that you count renters as people. Might as well count livestock into the population of the US.

You can handwave it away all you want. People create coalitions for safety and prosperity, you- PL and NCdot are 110% the same as the Imperium in all that you do, just the mechanics and language are switched up so you can 'farm content' and feel better about the arrangements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

This is true. We are notoriously lazy.

And why you never win wars against us.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

God drat, Vee out there murdering entire fleets of MOA. Feels like old times again :)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I was loving there.

First undockin in close to 2 years.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

ullerrm posted:

God drat, Vee out there murdering entire fleets of MOA. Feels like old times again :)

That must be hard work.

:lol:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Despera posted:

And why you never win wars against us.

Pretty much. We're really bad at subcaps, and only log in for the AT season.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.twitch.tv/themittanidotcom

Meta Show going live now. Tune in for updates!

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
Jesus christ that loving tom cruise laugh, he looks a little stressed out.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

I had a feeling the Syndic thing was a ruse. His roles seemed surprisingly played-up for a change. Usually you play someone down when you throw them out.

How many friends did you lose over this?

Am0k.s little diplomatic incident has been my title for literally years. What other ones were played up.

PS boys a perk of this means NEW TITLE TIME! Pyf

Endie posted:

Please list everyone who fell for it and tried to recruit you.

I mean I think anyone who knew me well enough to think anything but "that annoying 16 year old" immediately had an idea what was up. Reddit certainly bought the poo poo out of it (and someone stole my Internet popularity points which is bullshit).

I got 3 from old friends who just asked me what's up and letting me know they got a couch to crash on if I need it (I think they all kinda had an idea but also weren't going to ruin it). Shout out to DHD, Foehammer (reminding me of your vouch offer :D), and SUAS for still being bros.

The only blatant recruitment attempt, to no one's surprise, was CAP TO VILY.

Syndic Thrass fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 2, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dragonstalking posted:

That must be hard work.

:lol:

I see you haven't learned about Vee yet.

I relish the education that is to come.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

dragonstalking posted:

It's laughable that you count renters as people. Might as well count livestock into the population of the US.

Maybe you could count them as 3/5ths of a person?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Rhymenoserous posted:

I see you haven't learned about Vee yet.

I relish the education that is to come.

You're responding to the reddit-guy that paid :bux: to exclusively unskew goon opinions in the Eve thread again, please don't, friend. :)

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You're responding to the reddit-guy that paid :bux: to exclusively unskew goon opinions in the Eve thread again, please don't, friend. :)

I mean we can talk about making isk with spaceships, I've done just about everything except WH escalations.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

dragonstalking posted:

I mean we can talk about making isk with spaceships, I've done just about everything except WH escalations.

What is the best way of ISK making for the really lazy type of player who cannot AFK rat for 10h/day?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

ullerrm posted:

Vee subbed? Truly the end times are upon us. I still hope the Endie defection is a long play like Vile Rat's and that I'll login one day to find TEST disbanded or something. It doesn't feel like a Real War without an Endie update.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Hubbl3 posted:

What is the way of ISK making for the really lazy type of player who cannot AFK rat for 10h/day?

Well the default, and honestly most efficient answer is market trading, but I think spreadsheets are boring as poo poo.
FW missions and Level 5's aren't hard, but they take a bit of setup, standings, and/or isk to get going.
Hauling is pretty easy work and you can make more isk than people expect (I made 3bil in a week) with just a few alt+tab clicks every now and then.
Reactions, in theory, can make a lot of isk, but if you're not willing to make a few nice spreadsheets and do some hauling, you'll never do anything but break even on it.

Get a job and buy isk lol.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Hubbl3 posted:

What is the best way of ISK making for the really lazy type of player who cannot AFK rat for 10h/day?
The laziest way at the moment is probably SP farming: make or buy a bunch of 5m SP characters, dock 'em in Jita, get them all training some very long skill, and periodically harvest and sell their braingoo. Infinitely scalable, zero effort beyond logging in once every two weeks to push butan.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

dragonstalking posted:

Get a job and buy isk lol.

That is my way of making ISK right now. Buying PLEX when I need them, which is not that often because I don't lose many ships and the SRP is generous for flying Logistics.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
If you are familiar with the sporting events i'd recommend gambling from places other than I want Isk

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Vilys war goals are to not end up at the Betty Ford clinic by the end of the war.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Zephyrine posted:

This has been a terrible couple of pages.

Dadbuck posted:

I'm trying to spin just a little less than TMC.

Below is more wormtonguing

Even more wormtonguing:

Pro Goon FCs:
Vily: now killing us
Vee: retired

Now we are stuck with poo poo-tier FCs like DBRB.

We still have the 23rd best fc in the imperium, Asher Elias, who had once in a while won a fight or two

Potato Salad posted:

Yes? https://soundcloud.com/user-611751041/imperium-fireside-3-29

Edit: I mean, that pretty clearly sounds like an expectation that a lot of CO2 members will feel like they've been put upon and want to stay in the Imperium. Alternately, and I've been out of the loop for ages, it's standard hurfing / blurfing of "The members of the traitor alliance aren't happy with their leadership" regardless of whether the assertion that there's dissent in CO2 is true of false?

Looks like they lost 10% of their members, that's definitely not insignificant

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah I'm going to be that guy that speaks dissent at this moment. But the primary movers in Co2 have always had a culture unto themselves, the two most likely alliances to break that would keep their memberships fairly intact are them and init. The expectation that they'd shatter like most CFC alliances when leadership made the break was simply unrealistic.

This is unlike lawn/sma/bastion etc who's culture can basically summed up by one of those catfish you buy for your fishtank, all they do is suck garbage off the walls all day.

This was true perhaps when you last played a bunch but lawn and bastn have both turned into pretty competent groups over the last year or so.

SMA is... An alliance which currently lives in Fade

crew posted:

Theres a big stink in Elite Dangerous right now about some ex-EVE "griefers"

I guess they stream sniped some guys cancer charity thing

Goons in Star citizen are already on the mods poo poo list and have been for years

Ynglaur posted:

Sion said that Reddit echo chambers don't represent the whole Eve community. The war was as irrelevant as any territorial war in Eve, but was certainly the largest event going on at the time: it was basically the CFC's civil war. The six-figure thing is simple: the author has a good job. This was apparently hard for some people to understand.

This was frankly the one part of the Kickstarter that I didn't really buy. Most people, when pursuing their dream (writing career) and doing something like the fountain book would just suck it up and do it for something less than a full replacement of their office job salary.

Siets posted:

Not gonna lie, I think something like this would be incredibly fun, but that's also because I'm a rich enough player where the loss of SRP wouldn't hit me nearly as hard. The reality of the current moon money meta (as I understand it from my limited perspective at least) is that for goons to enjoy the generous SRP and other perks that we currently provide, we do need to keep hold on what we've got.

Goons living in Thera or Delve would be pretty cool to me though.

Actually if we didn't have as much sov / jump bridges to maintain we could maintain srp with far less central income. Right now a significant chunk of the budget goes to paying sov bills

crew posted:

I find it odd that these guys are doing pretty much nothing but headshots which are essentially glamor shots. Makes me think they dont have the stomach for a grinder.

Now I know whose to blame for the awful proposed fleet names

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah, the prize payout they swapped over to is at least a decent incentive to try and place.

Get 4th place and you get 6 rare ships that go for like 100 billion each.

Even in 8th place TNT made enough to cover the vast majority of its expenses.

Unfunny Poster posted:

VFK went uncontested because we got bubbled to poo poo for ever and spectre fleet sent 600 dudes who had no idea what they were doing

Fyp

Sakako posted:

I probably would if I wasn't a stupid newbee and didn't have the faintest idea how to go about it, I'd probably just die

Get some of your actual friends to hang out a system or two out, go tackle some ratting cruiser with your 'friendly' character and have them jump in. Dabigredboat had been streaming himself doing it on twitch.tv/themittanidotcom if you want to see the magic in action

Rhymenoserous posted:

Ya'll fuckers are lucky that I ran ahead in my sabre or that fleet that jumped into us would probably have gotten away :v:

haha hurray I got on tappits slave pod!

I'm so happy you're back, competent dictors are pretty rare. Even better if you want to run a how to doctor course with the gooniversity

Hobold posted:

drat, I gotta say its awesome to wake up and hear I've been accused of goonfucking. Spent an entire day on fleets, and last one out reshipped to shields, so I had to grab a basi off contract. gently caress me for grabbing one put up by Fweddit's own Casmeron Khurelem. They put Small shield extenders on instead of larges. I didn't see it, was in a hurry and loving tired. So when I relisted after the fleet, someone apparently pitched a hissy fit about it in Saranen local. God drat its good to be a goon I guess. :fuckoff:

J4lp weren't allied until the sotg and that guy had been pinged several times as 'don't buy from him'. It's always been on you to make sure your poo poo is done right. It's also good to hear you weren't actively trying to gently caress anyone over so I'm sure you'll be fine.

ullerrm posted:

I was taking my son to hockey practice, so sad.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Yep I chainposted and now I'm double posting dwi

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

vyst posted:

Vilys war goals are to not end up at the Betty Ford clinic by the end of the war.

From the looks of the room he was in during that interview, he started the war already there.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Dr. Pangloss posted:

From the looks of the room he was in during that interview, he started the war already there.

I just said that :v:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Kalenn Istarion posted:

This was frankly the one part of the Kickstarter that I didn't really buy. Most people, when pursuing their dream (writing career) and doing something like the fountain book would just suck it up and do it for something less than a full replacement of their office job salary.
I suppose there are people who do this, but I didn't understand why people assumed the author should do this. Don't get me wrong: TMC did a lousy job selling the business case. Many detractors, though, just demonstrated a very basic misunderstanding of why most people work (spoiler: it's for :10bux:).

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

dragonstalking posted:

Reactions, in theory, can make a lot of isk, but if you're not willing to make a few nice spreadsheets and do some hauling, you'll never do anything but break even on it.

Ask Co2 reaction farmers about the benefits of tower farms when you have GSF on one side and PL on the other :smugdog:

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Zephyrine posted:

Ask Co2 reaction farmers about the benefits of tower farms when you have GSF on one side and PL on the other :smugdog:

The jews always suffer the most in war.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I have a family member who worked a similarly well paying job but also wrote novels, etc. and yeah they didn't take time off their main job to do it despite some of the writing projects paying just as much as their real job. That said, I can't blame the dude for wanting to get a year paid for to dedicate solely to writing the novel. It was just poorly laid out from the get go and how people didn't see it and thing otherwise before hitting the "launch kickstarter" button is beyond me.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Hobold posted:

drat, I gotta say its awesome to wake up and hear I've been accused of goonfucking. Spent an entire day on fleets, and last one out reshipped to shields, so I had to grab a basi off contract. gently caress me for grabbing one put up by Fweddit's own Casmeron Khurelem. They put Small shield extenders on instead of larges. I didn't see it, was in a hurry and loving tired. So when I relisted after the fleet, someone apparently pitched a hissy fit about it in Saranen local. God drat its good to be a goon I guess. :fuckoff:

You should probably never buy anything from J4LP, ever. It will more than likely be fitted wrong.

It's kind of their thing.

crew posted:

You can handwave it away all you want. People create coalitions for safety and prosperity, you- PL and NCdot are 110% the same as the Imperium in all that you do, just the mechanics and language are switched up so you can 'farm content' and feel better about the arrangements.

Because PL ever lived or did anything in the Drone regions (except a few people who got kicked for inactivity because Ratting > Murdering Nerds)?

The last thing anyone in PL wants is to build an Ivory tower somewhere, then re-branding their image and ratting until the servers go offline- that's a behavior exclusive to the CFC/Imperium.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 2, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

dragonstalking posted:

The jews always suffer the most in war.

I wanted to post that picture of Woody Haroldson wiping his tears with money but apparently that's a meme now so never mind.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
I have to say, I love how the wheel turns, and former heroes of the swarm are now vilified. It seems like what CO2 did was kind of lovely, but at the same time, Goons thrive on persecution. The best way to defeat the swarm would be to just ignore it. I dunno how many vets have ret vetted as a result of this attack, but I'd be suprised if its less than 100 goons returning to the fold.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

pseudanonymous posted:

I have to say, I love how the wheel turns, and former heroes of the swarm are now vilified. It seems like what CO2 did was kind of lovely, but at the same time, Goons thrive on persecution. The best way to defeat the swarm would be to just ignore it. I dunno how many vets have ret vetted as a result of this attack, but I'd be suprised if its less than 100 goons returning to the fold.

Pretty disappointing if Goons fail to pull more vets back than PL.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
I learned a hard 250m isk lesson today, gently caress flying the Entosis ship. Not that I actually mind the actual activity, but the first sign of danger you've got to safe up and watch as the rest of the fleet gets steadily pulled in a new direction while you're stuck. Also, on the off chance flying an Entosis becomes critical enough to do it, don't go out with a swordfleet.

nessin fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 2, 2016

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

Holy poo poo the try hard edginess in DBRB's stream is next level.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

HENGRY BUNG posted:

Ahhh Boat, still making rookie mistakes in TYOOL 2016.

"Global- Archon entosising the node in this system. Solo Archon. Yeah- 400 neuts in Local"

"Why didn't anyone say there were 300 TEST interceptors in Local?"

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Xolve posted:

Pretty disappointing if Goons fail to pull more vets back than PL.

I lowballed it. Thank god you're still here spewing poo poo 18 months after I quit playing. I'm surprised you haven't gotten some kind of infection or something, I'm assuming your entire house must be literally full of poo poo, i.e. if someone looks through the windows all they see is brown.

I'm sure if you actually make any progress even more people will resub, but we'll probably never know.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HENGRY BUNG posted:

Please don't insult valued FCs like DBRB.

pseudanonymous posted:

I lowballed it. Thank god you're still here spewing poo poo 18 months after I quit playing. I'm surprised you haven't gotten some kind of infection or something, I'm assuming your entire house must be literally full of poo poo, i.e. if someone looks through the windows all they see is brown.

I'm sure if you actually make any progress even more people will resub, but we'll probably never know.

:eyepop:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 2, 2016

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Please don't insult valued FCs like DBRB.

I didn't mean DBRB, I meant the people viewing his stream.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

pseudanonymous posted:

Who are you again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Xolve posted:

Who are you again?

he's somethingawful forums poster pseudanonymous

• Locked thread