Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

SeaTard posted:

I forget the exact file, but it's probably in event_modifiers, and there is an icon tag that can be applied, the icon number determines which of the icons is used, and which color is used.

Is there a way to add/remove them from the console tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Darth Windu posted:

Is there a way to add/remove them from the console tho

I don't see a "add_event_modifier" command or anything similar to it so I'm going to assume you need to trigger the event that sets it.

Unless "set_char_flag" does it.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

It is crazy to me that so many DLC have come out and it's still impossible for Russia to have Russia-style succession in the engine.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I don't see a "add_event_modifier" command or anything similar to it so I'm going to assume you need to trigger the event that sets it.

Unless "set_char_flag" does it.

clr_char_flag definitely doesn't do it, neither does set_char_flag iirc. If I knew what they were called I could probably look it up ugh
I really wanted to seduce my son's wife

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
set_char_flag and clr_char_flag both invariably instacrash the game for me, always have.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alikchi posted:

It is crazy to me that so many DLC have come out and it's still impossible for Russia to have Russia-style succession in the engine.

I think it would actually be a pretty cool DLC feature at some point just to add all sorts of different succession options. Plain old Primogeniture every time is boring.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I think it would actually be a pretty cool DLC feature at some point just to add all sorts of different succession options. Plain old Primogeniture every time is boring.

Adoption would be a pretty cool addition to the game, I've always thought. It's not at all appropriate for feudal Western Europe, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong there), but a lot of states and cultures outside that area practised it in CK2's time period, and thought that adopted children were no less legitimate than biological children.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Alikchi posted:

This sounds like it would throw up all sorts of crazy/ amazing inheritance shenanigans. I'd love this in a DLC!

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Weavered posted:

This sounds like it would throw up all sorts of crazy/ amazing inheritance shenanigans. I'd love this in a DLC!

The rotation of lands seems fairly impossible tho.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ras Het posted:

The rotation of lands seems fairly impossible tho.

it could be a matter of just exchanging ducal titles or wahtever

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

The Sin of Onan posted:

Adoption would be a pretty cool addition to the game, I've always thought. It's not at all appropriate for feudal Western Europe, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong there), but a lot of states and cultures outside that area practised it in CK2's time period, and thought that adopted children were no less legitimate than biological children.

Well only really France and England didn't have adopted succession rites. They did happen in Germany and the Spanish kingdoms up to the 15th century not to mention the other kingdoms where it was normal.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So is there any reason I shouldn't just start assassinating/kidnapping any threats that are over 50%

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

It's not actually, it is now mandated that we must make a DD every week even if we have nothing to talk about and we're also not allowed to talk about all the fun stuff we are doing atm, soo... :negative:

At least I didn't have to write this one.
Man, bosses.

Well, then share some stuff that maybe inspires you about current stuff. Old stories about games.

Elendil004 posted:

Arumba just started an After the End campaign as a Rastafarian banker which is hilarious because aside from the popup spam, it seems like a license to print money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0668ofbggiI
I've never watched this dudes videos before, but it's vaguely amazing how he can't pronounce anything right. Everything from marquis to "Is that Spanish??" to ducats

Alikchi posted:

Yeah, alternate succession systems would be baller. I love it when there's interesting ones like tanistry.

I'd also like it if stuff like iqta and calling vassals as allies instead of getting levies were up to laws, with benefits and drawbacks.

Edit: Ahahahaha, the last Karling male got ousted, leaving his sister, who was married to the Lombard king to inherit.

If she hadn't died a bit early, it would have meant the HRE under the Lombards without player intervention. So. loving. Close. And there's now revolts for Elective, of course, in both realms so it's relatively unlikely for their dad to get the titles.

Europe is a glorious clusterfuck, which suits me fine. As a bonus, try to spot my vassal on the pic.

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 31, 2016

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
So is Conclave actually any good because nobody on the plaza seems to like it, but then the things they do like seem to be misogyny, the holocaust, and slavery so :shrug:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I liked it. I was never much of a map painter and liked focusing on smaller goals though.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Oberleutnant posted:

So is Conclave actually any good because nobody on the plaza seems to like it, but then the things they do like seem to be misogyny, the holocaust, and slavery so :shrug:

It slows down map-painting world conquest, requires you to actually deal with your vassals rather than just going North Korea, and makes your enemies able to actually treat you like a threat. So yeah, it's great and plaza will hate it.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Oberleutnant posted:

Dead good. It makes vassals actually important and a big pain in the arse.

Or even better play as a vassal and be an even bigger pain in the arse than ever before.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I never really enjoyed map-painting and like playing as vassals (for a while) most games, so that sounds suspiciously like a Good Expansion.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'm just waiting for Geheimnisnacht to update to Conclave because I think it'll make the internal politics of the various crazy factions a LOT better.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Yeah we're working on a biiiiig update

Hint: I hope you like Age of Sigmar

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Oberleutnant posted:

I never really enjoyed map-painting and like playing as vassals (for a while) most games, so that sounds suspiciously like a Good Expansion.

it's basically targeted specifically at you then.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Skellybones posted:

Please don't.

Edit: God dammit.

Demiurge4 fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 31, 2016

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Skellybones posted:

Oh, yes, I suppose it's already April 1st somewhere.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Skellybones posted:

Yeah we're working on a biiiiig update

Are you going to be switching over to square portraits and finally introducing the Nigmo dynasty?

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Coward posted:

Are you going to be switching over to square portraits and finally introducing the Nigmo dynasty?

I can't believe you fell for that! Don't you know that the square portraits were just a Photoshop making fun of people who think they're doing square portraits?

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Kaza42 posted:

I can't believe you fell for that! Don't you know that the square portraits were just a Photoshop making fun of people who think they're doing square portraits?

Well, all right. Just as long as they don't rename Demesne to "Troopmakyng Cashlands" or something.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Coward posted:

Well, all right. Just as long as they don't rename Demesne to "Troopmakyng Cashlands" or something.

I... what? No... of course not... heh heh... that would be dumb

*hides "Bloodspyke Stonepeak" labels on castles*

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I hear that there'll be no Demesne or vassal limit and you'll be able to raise as many troops as you want.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Eric the Mauve posted:

set_char_flag and clr_char_flag both invariably instacrash the game for me, always have.

That's odd, I've been using them a lot recently to test the new sickness stuff and they've worked fine.

There's no console commands to add or removed character modifiers that I know off, but you can make an event to remove them and just fire that.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Under gravekind is there any way to choose which of your kids get which title?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

sbaldrick posted:

Under gravekind is there any way to choose which of your kids get which title?

Give it to them before you die.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Rumda posted:

Give it to them before you die.

and get buried in a gravekind

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Ok so I have put in some 300 hours into this game and I can now reliably claw my way from a Count to a King all while castrating my wayward sons and killing my brothers. But how the gently caress do you deal with vassals attacking neighbors or inter-Ducal wars for titles that dont directly affect you. Is there any way through laws or national developments to make your counts less dickish in this regard? My only alternative is to somehow create a surplus of eunuchs to act as Counts.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Without Conclave you can prevent vassals from declaring war through crown authority, with Conclave through enforcing realm peace if the council has been empowered.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Mother fucker, I hate gavel kind. So I'm playing Kislev in the Warhammer mod and i'm killing it, conquering large parts of the north and gearing up to holy war the rest of the north gods worshippers. My empress dies at the old age of 79 but it's no biggie my heir is a brilliant lady with great stats and her heir is bright (but short) so the future is looking good for Kislev.

Nope. My heir inherits the empire title (which is primogen) but all of the Kislev kingdom and duchy goes to her sister so now I'm stuck with 2 garbage provinces I didn't even own before the inheritance and factions are lining up. What's worse is that I don't even have claims on Kislev.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Nothing good ever happens to Kislev.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013

Oberleutnant posted:

The consensus is strong that it is terrible. It is really bad and I disabled it. The first dlc I truly regret purchasing. Do not listen to goons cause they eat up any bag of poo poo Paradox throws at them.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Conclave is basically bringing the game into line with what Paradox always wanted the games to be like. If you agree with the game being too easy, if you wanted more drama, more problems, more poo poo-stirring, you'll like it.

I think it did make some things a bit too hard. But the council system is at least interesting.

Demiurge4 posted:

Mother fucker, I hate gavel kind. So I'm playing Kislev in the Warhammer mod and i'm killing it, conquering large parts of the north and gearing up to holy war the rest of the north gods worshippers. My empress dies at the old age of 79 but it's no biggie my heir is a brilliant lady with great stats and her heir is bright (but short) so the future is looking good for Kislev.

Nope. My heir inherits the empire title (which is primogen) but all of the Kislev kingdom and duchy goes to her sister so now I'm stuck with 2 garbage provinces I didn't even own before the inheritance and factions are lining up. What's worse is that I don't even have claims on Kislev.
gently caress, Paradox put in the goddamn effort to make a goddamn Will system so a player can actually gently caress around with and see what gets inherited and maybe change between the equivalent titles and not just have to find out how poo poo works when they die or having to hover over assholes to see who gets what. Seriously, have a button to click to see which of your lovely offspring gets what, why and let the player flit it around, assign more or less titles to kids and other things. How complicated can it be to just let the player see how things work and then let them influence it?

And for elective, showing which states will break off with inheritance.

Then making the will part optional as you move away from gavelkind to other things; like how maybe you want one of your nice sons to inherit a nice duchy, but don't feel like giving it to him now.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Oberleutnant posted:

Conclave is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Conclave both makes vassal management easier and harder- easier, because you can avoid most civil wars by having your most powerful vassals (i.e. the only ones you're concerned about) on your Council, and giving said Council the ability to declare war. Harder because a few of the civil wars will now be for elective monarchy, and if it snowballs too hard you can lose basically all power to them- revocations, war declarations, executions, and even (lastly) the ability to fire your councilors.

• Locked thread