Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Na'vi winning would be acceptable if Liquid doesn't make it past LG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
cold war rematch finals pls

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I just really want to give device a hug right now. :(

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Someone on Astralis has to own up that he got them eternally cursed to never progress past semis.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
who is the favorite for liquid lg? lg?

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Up Circle posted:

Definitely LG

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
it'd be a lot easier for me to root for navi if they i dunno weren't always wearing shlubby sweatpants

stump collector
May 28, 2007
astralis got 5 rounds to navi's 18 after the failed noscope

jesus

christ

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
if i were astralis i'd probably do -cajunb -xyp9x +kjaerbye +magisk, get some new blood in and hope that the choking impetus leaves the other three

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Cajunb has been really vital for them the past 3 months though.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Up Circle posted:

Whoever sits in the red booths.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Buller posted:

Cajunb has been really vital for them the past 3 months though.

either of the two players i mentioned could fill his role of a solid, consistent fragger like cajun, but they'd also have the possibility of going off the rails nuts like device and dupreeh do sometimes. honestly though if denmark hasn't made a final by now they don't have a hope

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exethan posted:

astralis got 5 rounds to navi's 18 after the failed noscope

jesus

christ
Oddshot link? I want to see this for myself.

Demostrs posted:

if i were astralis i'd probably do -cajunb -xyp9x +kjaerbye +magisk, get some new blood in and hope that the choking impetus leaves the other three
Back when they were Dignitas (+FETiSH -karrigan), cajunb did quit in late 2014 due to internal issues and was replaced with aizy. They did worse and he came back after a month or so.

Side note, Aizy really needs a better team than FaZe, but there isn't one besides Astralis. :smith:

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Icept posted:

don't worry buddy the rock solid giants of cs go in scandinavia will carry their fallen brothers all the way to the semifinals and then crash horribly

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

symbolic posted:

Back when they were Dignitas (+FETiSH -karrigan), cajunb did quit in late 2014 due to internal issues and was replaced with aizy. They did worse and he came back after a month or so.

that actually has no relevance because they had fetish, an igl notable for having literally no t side strats and having to rely entirely on outfragging their opponents to get out of groups

stump collector
May 28, 2007

symbolic posted:

Oddshot link? I want to see this for myself
I don't have an oddshot link yet but it was on round 29 with the score tied 14-14 if you want to search through vods

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Liquid on the red side.

It is decided.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Demostrs posted:

that actually has no relevance because they had fetish, an igl notable for having literally no t side strats and having to rely entirely on outfragging their opponents to get out of groups
I'm just saying that they're not inclined to swap anyone out, much less now that they all co-own their own org.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
hiko hiko hiko hiko hiko hiko hiko hiko

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

If I get both of the remaining picks correct, I will have exactly 74 points (including the bonus point for tomorrow). For gently caress's sake.

Also I had Edward, Dupreeh and cajunB in my fantasy team. Edward got me 88 points but the other two fizzled out at 32p/21p respectively. I was in the top 7% before the semifinals so I need Coldzera and Fallen to go big to make it back into top 5% tomorrow. :saddowns:

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

symbolic posted:

I'm just saying that they're not inclined to swap anyone out, much less now that they all co-own their own org.

well, i'm just saying what i would do in the case that i had final say on the astralis roster. a likely happening for two players to be kicked? no, but this roster has a fatal flaw that leads them to choke time and time again at every major, and that's unacceptable. at least with my roster swap, device and dupreeh could play lovely under pressure and they would have a small chance of winning on the backs of magisk and kjaerbye (if they can develop into sick lan players, which i'm sure they are more than capable of) as opposed to none

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Our scandinavian friends are hiding their heads in shame atm

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

mcvey posted:

Liquid on the red side.

It is decided.

Has this been mentioned on stream at all?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
the rawr talent and the rawr ability to win

VoHiYo

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Photex posted:

Has this been mentioned on stream at all?

no

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

scoots said it

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
ADREN PogChamp

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

lmfao that elige intro

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
There's another super team worth of danes floating around, but their scene is traditionally pretty unstable. Except Astralis I guess.

Didn't get to see the games today sadly, seen the desk say Na'Vi won all 4 pistols which much have been pretty crushing. Weird for them to take Inferno so close yet to get stomped on dust2 as well.

Demostrs posted:

Unironically I'd cut any other player except maybe Karrigan before I cut Xyp9x from that squad. Device seems to choke in big games way more, and there's no shortage of sick aim talent in Denmark to replace their fraggers. Xyp9x is a nuts clutcher, amazing support, and consistent against any team, any time it seems like. If anybody wants to learn how to be good at CS and doesn't have freaky mutant raw aim talent, just watch that kid with the giant forehead.

I just checked the stats and he top fragged against Na'Vi in the series. I don't really think he is the problem, it's the supposed stars of the lineup who just stop delivering in semis.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I'm putting the over/under on total rounds won by Liquid across the next two maps at nine and I'm going under here.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

is there anyone in the steam group chat or naw

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Katana Gomai posted:

I'm putting the over/under on total rounds won by Liquid across the next two maps at nine and I'm going under here.

commies get out

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Demostrs posted:

commies get out

I respect your American nationalism but how can you not root for Lumi to win the whole thing, I mean seriously

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Katana Gomai posted:

I respect your American nationalism but how can you not root for Lumi to win the whole thing, I mean seriously

gently caress favela

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Katana Gomai posted:

because they aren't american you dumb piece of poo poo

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
lol scoots gets shut the gently caress down on his "counterstrike" chant

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
If Liquid doesn't win, you'll be able to hear a pin drop in this arena. That was a good national anthem though wtg guys and gals

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Speaking of pins, did they introduce a new series this major?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
National Anthem was legit! USA USA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

scoots ftw