Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

I did not solve it as much as I was pulled by the nose to the edge of the steam of knowledge and had my face shoved underwater till my lungs burst.

Thank you (you know who you are).

Also:

:psyboom::psyboom::psyboom::psyboom::psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
Wtf is this secret message thing that needs to be decrypted

Someone pm me plz as I don't know poo poo about computers

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
Is this the E.L.E. event? Because Friday was lackluster.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lol Beer I wonder how many :10bux: your code is going to have been worth by the time this is all over.

Also thank you for making me lose my goddamn mind over this thing.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

That feeling when you have no idea if everyone's trolling or if there's actually something going on.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

much like you're posting

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

much like you're posting

Zing! Need to pick myself up after that one.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Cloud Imperium is giving up the games business and becoming a belt manufacturing company.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

Zing! Need to pick myself up after that one.

Yes

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chalks posted:

That feeling when you have no idea if everyone's trolling or if there's actually something going on.

There is something going on and I'm going to be completely honest with you guys, stop loving with this poo poo and just wait. Even if you crack it you won't be able to speak about it unless you are a very very stupid person.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hey who is on the discord that can/will invite me?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
bit dark, working on the lighting.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Chalks posted:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:chanpop:

Holy poo poo, Toops!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Toops posted:

bit dark, working on the lighting.

I can't believe how well everything is going with SP. Warms my cockles, it does.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sillybones posted:

I hope you're all joking. Being implicated in anything except ship names would not be a good idea.

It's fine as long as it doesn't get broken before the deadline. If it does, well, there's going to be many people with their rear end in the fire.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Holy poo poo dude this is looking pretty awesome.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sillybones posted:

I hope you're all joking. Being implicated in anything except ship names would not be a good idea.

How can working out a paragraph of encrypted text get you in trouble?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Ayn Marx posted:

This is getting really loving meta. Does Derek know an interesting secret? Is he taking the piss and some of you are rolling with it? Is Beer in on the joke? Is everyone pretending to know something or pretending to pretend they know? God bless Star Citizen.

I know the answer to this question. I also know the secret.:smug:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

It's all very nice, but if it doesn't flip over like it's made of tissue paper and filled with helium, it's really going to spoil my immersion.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MeLKoR posted:

Just wait for things to play out and don't be stupid people.

This is the Star Citizen thread. We're all far far far too far gone for either of those.

Chalks posted:

One does not preclude the other. In fact, I'd rather argue that one invariably leads to the other.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 2, 2016

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

This seriously looks better than a lot of CIG jpegs.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
I am trying to explain Star Citizen to someone. I need funny parp vids, and I need Chris Roberts playing his own game on stage with parp. Gimme the gold, I am trying my best to find stuff in the right order but man

A lot to cover

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

/r/dereksmart doesn't seem to give a poo poo about it.

I, however, am fully loving torqued over this thing. At this point I don't even care if it's the most elaborate april fools day thing I've ever seen, I need to figure this out.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Wow. It's just a few steps away from Freelancer at this point.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

AP posted:

How can working out a paragraph of encrypted text get you in trouble?

Working it out won't. Sharing it will invite a contempt of court charge.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Holy crap!! Didn't expect that

This internet warlord is WAY more organized and together than I gave him credit for.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Oh, I didn't realise you were doing a proper go at it. Nice work.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:asoiaf:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Mr.Tophat posted:

I am trying to explain Star Citizen to someone. I need funny parp vids, and I need Chris Roberts playing his own game on stage with parp. Gimme the gold, I am trying my best to find stuff in the right order but man

A lot to cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF9elfrrF4M

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
honestly the encryption method is really fuckin rad and i'm definitely going to remember it for future use

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Huh? No ever pronounced Kage as "Cage."

There's a story about that where they had to go back and rerecord lines after someone pronounced it correctly and Romero made fun of them thinking it was "cage" and then having an oh poo poo moment when he was corrected by a bunch of people.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

John_A_Tallon posted:

Working it out won't. Sharing it will invite a contempt of court charge.

Fair enough, I didn't think of it that way.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

BattleMaster posted:

There's a story about that where they had to go back and rerecord lines after someone pronounced it correctly and Romero made fun of them thinking it was "cage" and then having an oh poo poo moment when he was corrected by a bunch of people.

quote:

"During a meeting I explained to John that I was working on the end-game cinematics with Kage [the antagonist]. I pronounced it 'Cage.' Romero giggled. 'Who? What? What are you working on?' I said it again. Now everyone was laughing at me. Romero: 'Who? Say it again!' Me: 'Um ... Kage?' Romero: 'No, dude! It's pronounced Kah-gee!' Me: 'Um ... well, you better check the voiceover recordings, because it's 'Cage.' And suddenly Romero's face turned white. Half the audio in the game had his name pronounced wrong, and it was too late to fix."

How come every story about Daikatana sounds like a story about Star Citizen?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

How come every story about Daikatana sounds like a story about Star Citizen?

Because history repeats itself/time is a circle/whatever

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah, someone from SA is buying reddit gold for the good folks at /r/dereksmart.

Of all the stupid poo poo these people ever said this has to be the dumbest.

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

Very talented person toops,will be trying this out for sure.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Chalks posted:

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

Yeah, someone from SA is buying reddit gold for the good folks at /r/dereksmart.

Of all the stupid poo poo these people ever said this has to be the dumbest.

What the gently caress? Why would someone spend 15 bucks on that thread? And why would it be one of us?

• Locked thread