Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Reddit seems like it might be really nice this time of year tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

A North Korean labour camp seems like it might be really nice this time of year tbh

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

just go steal a flag of dear leader

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

Because PL ever lived or did anything in the Drone regions (except a few people who got kicked for inactivity because Ratting > Murdering Nerds)?

The last thing anyone in PL wants is to build an Ivory tower somewhere, then re-branding their image and ratting until the servers go offline- that's a behavior exclusive to the CFC/Imperium

No they just bulldoze the land, put the farmers in their fields (and some alts) and tell em dont touch our supers, ever, dont shoot our towers (we're towering all the good moons) and rent is due on the first of the month.

CFC does out in the open the things that PL/NC gotta do in secret and by proxy (horde/querious/delve blue donut thunderdome) to maintain the image of eliteness.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Eve is kill?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Cyrelio posted:

Eve is kill?

Looks like, just got a socket closed.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

crew posted:

CFC does out in the open the things that PL/NC gotta do in secret and by proxy (horde/querious/delve blue donut thunderdome) to maintain the image of eliteness.

PL made no bones about the fact that the Drone Regions were slum housing and you had to pay rent to Penifsmash. Horde is a different group from PL and newbies need space to learn the basic mechanics of the game.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

crew posted:

No they just bulldoze the land, put the farmers in their fields (and some alts) and tell em dont touch our supers, ever, dont shoot our towers (we're towering all the good moons) and rent is due on the first of the month.

Sort of like how NC dot put all their money making alts in Norther Associates so they wouldn't clutter the killboard with their losses.

BL did the same but they had their money making alts masquerading as renters in other groups rental programs.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
NO I had my ships out RIP

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
So to sum up today:
-Mittani hurf blurfs and does an embarrassingly cringeworthy laugh on the meta show
-Boat's sword fleets get slaughtered by TEST and LS nerds
-baby Erebus gets aborted in Tribute
-UMI- station lost to MC

There's always tomorrow I guess.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

dragonstalking posted:

So to sum up today:
-Mittani hurf blurfs and does an embarrassingly cringeworthy laugh on the meta show
-UMI- station lost to MC

I don't know, I think it's kinda cringeworthy when people complaining about the other side spinning stuff pay money to be able to get into that side's treehouse to spin stuff. :)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

To be fair, it isn't really cringeworthy, it's just kinda funny, friend.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

dragonstalking posted:

So to sum up today:
-UMI- station lost to MC

We're doomed

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I don't know, I think it's kinda cringeworthy when people complaining about the other side spinning stuff pay money to be able to get into that side's treehouse to spin stuff. :)

:agreed::same:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

dragonstalking posted:

So to sum up today:
-UMI- station lost to MC

Nice going spymaster. I hope Grath didn't pay you when you turned my screenshot into a full page report.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

lol

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Zephyrine posted:

Nice going spymaster. I hope Grath didn't pay you when you turned my screenshot into a full page report.

I got a full shekel for my hard work.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Like, dragondude, please just step outside the eve thread for a second and get some value out of your :10bux:. I understand that it must scare you to venture too deeply into the depths that the evil goons hail from, but - and I understand that this must come as a shock - not everyone on SA is in Goonwaffe. There are a whole bunch of chill posters on these here forums that dislike eve goons, like Xolve, or Uba or Salastil and whatnot, I'm sure they can confirm to you that it's perfectly fine to read and post on other subforums.

Like, if you like video games, I hear there are places on SA you can find likeminded peeps to chill with.

For real, though, please get some value out of your money instead of being some inverse Badhdad Bob on SA :)

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I can confirm that there are a whole lot of cool subforums and threads that are not the Eve thread, because I look at them, and sometimes even post in them.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Looks like eve is gettin ddos'd https://twitter.com/whatbotnet/with_replies

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

dragonstalking posted:

The jews always suffer the most in war.

WTF you talking about? You can't even wipe that smirk off the Deklein jews' faces even if you were to gas them right now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Let's all work together to make this a better experience for forumsposter dragonstalking. :)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

YouTuber posted:

Horde is a different group from PL

Maybe internally but to the rest of eve they are one and the same

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hey guys, please also don't be ironically or unironically antisemitic, that is neither good nor cool.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

crew posted:

Yall were part of a 50k blob for three years or have you forgotten Northern Associates + BOT. 3/4 of the map was completely safe for you thanks to the non-public agreements you had in place, same thing you do in querious now.

And we burned that poo poo down because it wasn't worth it. Your turn!

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
I would like to announce that I shamed Tuxedo Catfish into resubbing to eve. While he may fail out of law school because of this, at least BOS has a space lawyer now :sun:

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
Thanks for the sales pitch lowtax.

I like to lurk a lot elsewhere.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

dragonstalking posted:

-UMI- station lost to MC

Now stage out of it, otherwise its useless.

You're not gonna stage out of it are you, thats why all these station timers are nothin but you being lazy and farming reddit karma, everybody knows you're too scared to stage out of 0.0 ever again so its like: lol just lol when PL chestbeats about flipping a station.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Like, dragondude, please just step outside the eve thread for a second and get some value out of your :10bux:. I understand that it must scare you to venture too deeply into the depths that the evil goons hail from, but - and I understand that this must come as a shock - not everyone on SA is in Goonwaffe. There are a whole bunch of chill posters on these here forums that dislike eve goons, like Xolve, or Uba or Salastil and whatnot, I'm sure they can confirm to you that it's perfectly fine to read and post on other subforums.

Like, if you like video games, I hear there are places on SA you can find likeminded peeps to chill with.

For real, though, please get some value out of your money instead of being some inverse Badhdad Bob on SA :)
This goes for anyone else who has paid as well. In fact, id pay for archieves also and read up on some of the better threads.

Personally Martin randoms story about his batshit(saxophone) roomate is too good to miss.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

smertrioslol posted:

I would like to announce that I shamed Tuxedo Catfish into resubbing to eve. While he may fail out of law school because of this, at least BOS has a space lawyer now :sun:

literally less than half an hour before EVE goes down to a DDOS or something

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

kiresays posted:

And we burned that poo poo down because it wasn't worth it. Your turn!

Sure thing bud! Here is your current donut- If you dont know then fly a Hel through these areas solo and wonder why nobody is tackling you. Oh lets not forget about Hard Knocks and all the high end C5-C6 space too.

Jerrith Jaleal
Mar 9, 2008

crew posted:

Now stage out of it, otherwise its useless.

You're not gonna stage out of it are you, thats why all these station timers are nothin but you being lazy and farming reddit karma, everybody knows you're too scared to stage out of 0.0 ever again so its like: lol just lol when PL chestbeats about flipping a station.
You mean the goons are too scared right? Also, the taking of stations hurts returning players, while the pool will be small. Its an ego fight, and Mittians is clearly losing.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

crew posted:

Sure thing bud! Heres is your current donut- If you dont know then fly a Hel through these areas solo and wonder why nobody is tackling you. Oh lets not forget about Hard Knocks and all the high end C5-C6 space too.

fountain and the south look more colorful, which I suppose is a ~good thing~ for eve

how are subscription number? is eve going ok or slowly dying (like always)

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Hah you can't post courier contracts if you can't log in :yayclod:

Waspy
Dec 6, 2013

crew posted:

Sure thing bud! Here is your current donut- If you dont know then fly a Hel through these areas solo and wonder why nobody is tackling you. Oh lets not forget about Hard Knocks and all the high end C5-C6 space too.

Can confirm C5-C6 blue donut, literally wormhole CFC.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

fountain and the south look more colorful, which I suppose is a ~good thing~ for eve

Right and Fountain is just such a hotbed of pvp activity the culture been coming up north for months. They got that whole region NIP/NAP'd up too

drat this is just too easy

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
But in all seriousness, there are some great threads in the comedy goldmine which are well worth a read.

Good time too if EVE is down.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

Hah you can't post courier contracts if you can't log in :yayclod:

Muh couriers :negative:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Landsknecht posted:

Tricky to tell. CCP has made some changes that made it less attractive to have multiple accounts a couple of years back (multiple character training possible on one account) which torpedoed their total subscription numbers, but not necessarily their bottom line. What probably did hurt overall was their crackdown on multiboxing software (specifically the broadcasting rules) which made it difficult/impossible to run 5+ accounts of things.

Probably the fairest answer is; they're doing ok, but not really growing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

crew posted:

Ehhh we're blue to a lot of guys outside of your circles and not blue to a lot of the ones inside them. And we're going to reset them when everyone calms down. Besides, my Hel would probably die to one of the lowsec groups before I got to Delve.

• Locked thread