Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, a tiny anime licensing company slightly changing a name as to avoid being sued by one of the biggest and most litigious industries in the country sure is boneheaded. They should just let themselves get sued!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's time for relevant music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SqFPNTBnv8

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 2, 2016

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I mean we live in a world where things like mkvmerge and mkvextract and text editors exist so this is really a non-issue.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Stand name changes

Probably better for the Manga thread.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

This is what happens when you follow four different Jojo threads simultaneously.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Four?! I only follow three! Where is this secret JoJo thread

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

This one

The manga thread

The read-through thread

Seventh Stand User

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh, LP threads. There's five if you count Baal's.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Seventh Stand User

I'm totally gonna get back to that next week. My computer forced my break to be twice as long as I planned it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

This one

The manga thread

The read-through thread

Seventh Stand User

Start an account on the JoJoboards
Browse other forums for JoJo threads and post in those too
Become a degenerate like me and go to the /a/ general
Leap off the precipice and browse the JoJo tags on tumblr

All JoJo all day

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Isn't Insane Diamond the same amount of syllables?

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
The ending is gonna be the entirety of Shine On You Crazy Diamond. All 26 minutes of it.

The rest of the show is just still-pictures while it plays.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Stand formerly known as Crazy Diamond

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The only problem with Shining Diamond is that the puns you can get out of it for the color swaps aren't as funny as what you can do with Crazy Diamond.

RAGING RUBY

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't know if you're implying that POLISHED RUBY isn't also hype as hell because i know that name sure gets the blood pumping

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

As far as name swaps go, Shining Diamond is actually a pretty nice one. I like that a lot. I mean, Crazy Diamond suits it more and all but it's still pretty benign given what we've seen thus far. The name changes generally don't bug me so very much, though. I totally get the better-safe-than-sorry mentality there.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
At least it's not Diamond-Man or something

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I mean even after all the changes to the names of Part 3 guys I still don't think of J Geil as "Centerfold" or Oingo and Boingo as "Zenyatta" and "Mondatta." So it's not like it really matters in the long run.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

TriffTshngo posted:

I mean even after all the changes to the names of Part 3 guys I still don't think of J Geil as "Centerfold" or Oingo and Boingo as "Zenyatta" and "Mondatta." So it's not like it really matters in the long run.

Exactly. I actually completely forgot that J Geil was "centerfold," haha.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I think "Crazy Diamond" is said out loud a lot less than the characters' names, at least, so it'll be less obvious than the voice actors very clearly saying J. Geil or Oingo while the subs say Centerfold and Zenyatta.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The "kureji" in Crazy Diamond is just as distinct as Oingo/J.Geil really, so I doubt anyone will have issues connecting Crazy Diamond's real name.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Centerfold isnt even that bad, at least that's a song by J. Geils

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The "kureji" in Crazy Diamond is just as distinct as Oingo/J.Geil really, so I doubt anyone will have issues connecting Crazy Diamond's real name.

Yes, but if you'd taken the time to read my post, my point was that the Stand name is said out loud a lot less than the guys who have a song where they say their names multiple times

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The Centerfold thing is weird to me, as is Cool Ice, as VIZ apparently got both those people's permission to use their names in the manga. Like, I appreciate that Crunchy was just kinda subbing on the fly and maybe didn't have time to do their homework but I'm hoping the official DVD dub/sub reverts back.

I've also never liked that we couldn't keep Steely Dan, considering the band Steely Dan stole that name themselves from a book.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dan of Steel is the absolute best name change though. If I were going to use any of them, that's the one.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's an acceptable change, I just dislike that they had to change it to begin with.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Vengarr posted:

It wasn't until I watched this episode that I realized what a dick Josuke is. Koichi's freaking out, the hostage is freaking out, the cops are freaking out, and Josuke's reaction is just "Meh. ...Wait, did you just talk poo poo about my hair?!"

Well yeah. Josue thinks he can save anyone he wants right now. Death literally means nothing to him.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

hey guys i'm gonna watch the episode again

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Enourmo posted:

hey guys i'm gonna watch the episode again

godspeed

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

yep still fuckin great

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm totally gonna get back to that next week. My computer forced my break to be twice as long as I planned it.

I'm almost done with the Kak ep after two weeks of poo poo happenign that cannibalized my time to do it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not happy about it!!!!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Enourmo posted:

yep still fuckin great

checks out

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Enourmo posted:

yep still fuckin グレート!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Enourmo posted:

yep still fuckin グレート ダゼ!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I tried this once before when it first started airing and watched up to episode five or so. Or whatever episode had the preview where a man flew in on a skateboard and started teaching magic. I couldn't decide if the design was terrible or amazing though Dio Brando was a very beautiful child. A lot of goons have cool looking avatars so I have decided to try it again. This is my JJBA story, namasté.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I tried this once before when it first started airing and watched up to episode five or so. Or whatever episode had the preview where a man flew in on a skateboard and started teaching magic. I couldn't decide if the design was terrible or amazing though Dio Brando was a very beautiful child. A lot of goons have cool looking avatars so I have decided to try it again. This is my JJBA story, namasté.

Good luck goon

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

EmmyOk posted:

He also punched a frog.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if it helps, that first part is only those first 9 episodes and they're widely regarded to be not as cool as the rest. still cool, just not as great in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

EmmyOk posted:

Start with Battle Tendency

• Locked thread