Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
That's literally the kind of poo poo that happens in MM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
NA CS

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Liquid got 4th place. Order has been restored to the universe.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Now I can only root for god Guardian and the four losers that tag along with him.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Not like this

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Fat Lou posted:

Now I can only root for god Guardian and the four losers that tag along with him.

:agreed:

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I can kind of see guardian the goblin king sitting in the hotel saying lets pick mirage or cache, if those choke artists could take 15 rounds with ease they aint seen nothing yet

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Liquid played really well to get here. They really don't have anything to be ashamed of (apart from simple singlehandedly throwing a few of those B holds). Even though I wanted LG to win here, I did want Liquid to succeed. I just think about Liquid playing Navi in the final and :ughh: that'd be ugly.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!
LOL cast schedule graphic shows Liquid in the final against Navi

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
That was the hypest and most depressing match of the tournament

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

At least my pickem is still alive

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Does anyone here even have a chance at a gold team pickem? I got totally boned by Fnatic losing yesterday.

skudmunky
Apr 28, 2010

Rude. I trusted you man!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

fennesz posted:

Does anyone here even have a chance at a gold team pickem? I got totally boned by Fnatic losing yesterday.

Even if I got tomorrow's game correct, I would only be at 74 (including all bonus points), fnatic hosed me too many times. My fantasy team got back up to 4% though so I hope I'll get the gold trophy for that. And if not it's no big deal either, the silver one actually looks better imo.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

Even if I got tomorrow's game correct, I would only be at 74 (including all bonus points), fnatic hosed me too many times. My fantasy team got back up to 4% though so I hope I'll get the gold trophy for that. And if not it's no big deal either, the silver one actually looks better imo.

I would have been at 73 but I foolishly thought Astralis was done with losing in semi's.

e: At least I'm top 4% in fantasy pickem right now.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fennesz posted:

Yes, I have 65 points and tomorrow's game is a straightforward Na'Vi victory.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

qhat posted:

Yes, I have 65 points and tomorrow's game is a straightforward Na'Vi victory.
Mmmhmmmmm.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
NaVi winning tomorrow will put me at 74 as well. I'm at 11% on the player pickem.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
in honor of liquid I just played what is easily the worst loving match of my life, given that I didn't start MMing until I was 100 hours in. 9-1-22 against fellow GN1/GN2s and we got rolled like 16-7. If I'd deranked into the silvers there, and I probably deserved to, I'd have just uninstalled and given up on the game since I'm in NA and the poo poo-stench has rubbed off. Sooo loving on tilt, lol. Probably will stop playing for a few days, it was that shameful a match.

edit: I did so terribly a bot outplayed me after it replaced one of our people ragequit at how badly I botched holding a site. :smith: I dunno what just went wrong for me, other than everything.

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 3, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The only bad thing about deranking is that your teammates get worse too. As long as you don't constantly queue into 5 stacks you'll be fine.

e: I say this having deranked twice recently from people throwing on my team, one guy blatantly walling (who still hasn't been banned) and my FPS making GBS threads the bed at the end of 80% of my matches due to overheating. It happens.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Deranking is fun since you get to play against bads for a while.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

So which side of the stage shall I work for grand finals and all star game. You guys can decide

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Photex posted:

So which side of the stage shall I work for grand finals and all star game. You guys can decide

LG's side. Support Americans.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

LG. I bet fnx smells good :allears:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
My inventory is overflowing with 15 cent stickers. halp

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
so are u guys excited for malmo and the revenge of na cs aww who am i kidding :(

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Can someone explain to me how Liquid just pissed away a 15-9 lead and then a 15-6 lead ... back to back? I had to have the sound off when I was watching so I didn't get any of the commentary, I just ... saw it. And I don't understand.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

mostly inexperience probably

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Maikelele out of FaZe.

S1mple made a post on Twitter about leaving Liquid but I think it was out of emotion/frustration.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Google Butt posted:

mostly inexperience probably
That, and nitr0 was absent for the entire major. His K/D difference was something like -20 in the LG match.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

mcvey posted:

S1mple made a post on Twitter about leaving Liquid but I think it was out of emotion/frustration.

https://twitter.com/Liquid_s1mple/status/716498921292447744

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

He followed up with something about april fools and saying he can't leave a team that practises with a stand in until 5 days before the major and still almost made it to the finale.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Ohhhh s1mple

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

People that prone to making extremely rash decisions probably shouldn't use twitter.

Guess it's that Russian Blood Rage.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
That choke :negative: I went to sleep at 2:30 AM with TL leading 15:6 on Cache because I was sure the match would go to the third map and I was too sleepy, guess I could have stayed up.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

szary posted:

That choke :negative: I went to sleep at 2:30 AM with TL leading 15:6 on Cache because I was sure the match would go to the third map and I was too sleepy, guess I could have stayed up.

Well they practically played a third map in that second map. :v:

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

someone on the desk said TL "literally threw an entire map's worth of match points" which is a good way to look at it

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Liquid's chokes are why I never give up in MM

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
lol I'm 11 points away from gold... and I forgot to select a winner in the CLG vs. Liquid match :negative:

top 1% in my player fantasy though!

Edit: Oh wait... you get 1 point from playing each day. So I still have a chance for double golden dorito! :woop:

Smol fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Apr 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Oh I had a chance if I didn't pick Asstralis then :(