Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

crew posted:

Sure thing bud! Here is your current donut- If you dont know then fly a Hel through these areas solo and wonder why nobody is tackling you. Oh lets not forget about Hard Knocks and all the high end C5-C6 space too.

Having recently lost poo poo to both the groups that live in those areas, I guarantee they're not blue to us at all (prior to this gangbang).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

crew posted:

Maybe internally but to the rest of eve they are one and the same

Who is the "rest of EVE" exactly, and who represented you to speak for them?

Also- if the Imperium by and large "gives no gently caress what anyone not in the Imperium thinks" why do you think anyone outside of the Imperium gives a poo poo what the Imperium thinks? Spoiler- They don't.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Like, dragondude, please just step outside the eve thread for a second and get some value out of your :10bux:. I understand that it must scare you to venture too deeply into the depths that the evil goons hail from, but - and I understand that this must come as a shock - not everyone on SA is in Goonwaffe. There are a whole bunch of chill posters on these here forums that dislike eve goons, like Xolve, or Uba or Salastil and whatnot, I'm sure they can confirm to you that it's perfectly fine to read and post on other subforums.

Like, if you like video games, I hear there are places on SA you can find likeminded peeps to chill with.

For real, though, please get some value out of your money instead of being some inverse Badhdad Bob on SA :)

I don't "dislike" EVE Goons per se- I just have a differing view than most of them (I've been on both sides of the fence), hearing your average Waffe or ~valued ally~ talk about PL was pretty hilarious before I got shitpurged out of there though. I laughed at the nerds who got dunked in Daras, just like I laughed at the PL dudes in B-R.

Remaining objective to the opposing side isn't really a thing most EVE players 'get' and honestly, then there's that other group that actually has real hate for dudes because of differing alliance tickers.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 3, 2016

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

dragonstalking posted:

Having recently lost poo poo to both the groups that live in those areas, I guarantee they're not blue to us at all (prior to this gangbang).

I never said you were blue to them, you're not blue to a lot of people but you still have hidden safety nets with them.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

No mad PL boys its ok to have allies and diplomacy

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

crew posted:

No mad PL boys its ok to have allies and diplomacy

Shooting people is more fun, try it sometime!

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
RIP UMI, the swordfleet fights were fun though

I think I'm going to try some sort of retarded cloak-nulli-ECM tengu to gently caress with those entosis archons

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Crew is gonna teach class and tell me how my own standings really work.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

megas, how do you pluralize one thing right then add an apostrophe to the next

How can you unironically correct someone's grammar? :cripes:

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

crew posted:

Maybe internally but to the rest of eve they are one and the same

Horde gets a ton of financial and FC support from PL and I woukldn't deny that. It's direction is entirely up to Gobbins however. If he decides to gently caress off and do other poo poo they're perfectly entitled to. I'd expect them to be up North for the entire campaign because it's the biggest thing happening though.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dalael posted:

Better than correcting all the tryhard dipshits trying to get that :10bux: worth

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Dalael posted:

One Mega. Several Megasios.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Goatman Sacks posted:

I think I'm going to try some sort of retarded cloak-nulli-ECM tengu to gently caress with those entosis archons
Don't they go into triage for entosis?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Zephyrine posted:

One Mega. Several Megasios.

Is that really a thing? I'm always having trouble with plurals when it comes to english and am not really aware of an easy trick for it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Better than correcting all the tryhard dipshits trying to get that :10bux: worth

There's not enough of 24 hours in a day to correct all of us.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

darth cookie posted:

Tricky to tell. CCP has made some changes that made it less attractive to have multiple accounts a couple of years back (multiple character training possible on one account) which torpedoed their total subscription numbers, but not necessarily their bottom line. What probably did hurt overall was their crackdown on multiboxing software (specifically the broadcasting rules) which made it difficult/impossible to run 5+ accounts of things.

Probably the fairest answer is; they're doing ok, but not really growing.

i guess that's ok, but not great

if CCP could double players (not accounts), eve would be pretty cool

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

i guess that's ok, but not great

if CCP could double players (not accounts), eve would be pretty cool

That's something many people never got. Like when CCP cracked down on command broadcasting. They were lamenting how people would unsub their bomber/mining/ishtar alts and CCP would lose money. But alt accounts are (almost) irrelevant once you get into the range of 10+ because those people are in such a minority and what keeps people playing is their interaction with other players. An account doesn't do anything but a player draws other players and keeps other players in the game.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

LemonDrizzle posted:

Not unless they have to, they don't like doing it as it makes them pretty vulnerable to stealth bombers.

e: I should add I jammed out 2 different archons in swordfleet today and it was pretty much the highlight. That and getting a bait vindicator that got a bit too far from his fleet.

Goatman Sacks fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 3, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

No they just bulldoze the land, put the farmers in their fields (and some alts) and tell em dont touch our supers, ever, dont shoot our towers (we're towering all the good moons) and rent is due on the first of the month.

CFC does out in the open the things that PL/NC gotta do in secret and by proxy (horde/querious/delve blue donut thunderdome) to maintain the image of eliteness.

Querious' money moons under Horde sov are owned by the alliance with all the money earned going into the alliance wallet to fund the ships for the newbies. All the other crews in Querious get the moons in their systems and are off limits for people to hit. I would know this since I'm in the chat channels that sort this stuff out, but please tell me more about how it's a secret scheme to funnel money towards PL's wallet. :allears:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

That's something many people never got. Like when CCP cracked down on command broadcasting. They were lamenting how people would unsub their bomber/mining/ishtar alts and CCP would lose money. But alt accounts are (almost) irrelevant once you get into the range of 10+ because those people are in such a minority and what keeps people playing is their interaction with other players. An account doesn't do anything but a player draws other players and keeps other players in the game.

well it's a standard problem in games

to ccp one guy with 3 subbed accounts is $$$ the same as 3 guys with 1 account each (barring microtransactions)

but for actual liveliness and activity, it's not really the same at all, especially if a lot of active accounts are supercap holders, boosters, and cyno alts

this game needs people who do stuff, mostly so they can have interaction forced upon them

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

LemonDrizzle posted:

I haven't done entosis since the Sisi competition, but generally what you do is sit on the node at 0 and use drones/fighters to chase off anybody who might bother you and only triage if they drop the hammer on you.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Querious' money moons under Horde sov are owned by the alliance with all the money earned going into the alliance wallet to fund the ships for the newbies. All the other crews in Querious get the moons in their systems and are off limits for people to hit. I would know this since I'm in the chat channels that sort this stuff out, but please tell me more about how it's a secret scheme to funnel money towards PL's wallet. :allears:

Its not a money funnel at all but it is a giant area under the control direction and guidance of a ruling power to create stability, safety and prosperity for the inhabitants.

In the north its called a coalition, down there i think you guys call it a thunderdome cuz the cute newbies get to shoot each other in frigates.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

Its not a money funnel at all

Except you said, or at least implied, it was...

crew posted:

No they just bulldoze the land, put the farmers in their fields (and some alts) and tell em dont touch our supers, ever, dont shoot our towers (we're towering all the good moons) and rent is due on the first of the month.

CFC does out in the open the things that PL/NC gotta do in secret and by proxy (horde/querious/delve blue donut thunderdome) to maintain the image of eliteness.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

:suicide:

Really it's my fault. I have only been shipping for 16 hours a day for 6 days straight now. Why would it get smaller?

Are you doing all of this alone or do you have people helping out?
Personally I'd help but I don't have enough alts for cyno's, and am too freakin' afraid to lose a filled JF cuz I couldn't afford reimbursing it.
Seriously tho, keep up the good great work.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
please take the garbage spin to reddit, both sides are awful and should be ashamed

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

:wink: You have a permit to transport those goods, right?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

please take the garbage spin to reddit, both sides are awful and should be ashamed

:agreed:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
Not shocking at all that adding Redditors to this terrible, terrible thread somehow made it even more unreadable.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Xolve posted:

Also- if the Imperium by and large "gives no gently caress what anyone not in the Imperium thinks" why do you think anyone outside of the Imperium gives a poo poo what the Imperium thinks? Spoiler- They don't.

Hi friend, have you ever been in r/eve?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

well it's a standard problem in games

to ccp one guy with 3 subbed accounts is $$$ the same as 3 guys with 1 account each (barring microtransactions)

but for actual liveliness and activity, it's not really the same at all, especially if a lot of active accounts are supercap holders, boosters, and cyno alts

this game needs people who do stuff, mostly so they can have interaction forced upon them

Carrier ratting in its current form = more butts in space. More butts is space is more butts to shooy

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I just think it's awesome that people paid 10bux to try and troll us with their spin. Like that's the ultimate complement.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

kiresays posted:

And we burned that poo poo down because it wasn't worth it. Your turn!

Didn't want that coalition anyways.

YouTuber posted:

PL made no bones about the fact that the Drone Regions were slum housing and you had to pay rent to Penifsmash. Horde is a different group from PL and newbies need space to learn the basic mechanics of the game.

Saying Horde and PL are separate is kind of like saying the Taliban and Al-Qaeda were different in 2001, or Texas being different than the US. We may all wish it to be true, but that doesn't make it so.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
if you dont like the cold war/airpower thread in TFR idt its possible you're a human

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

I just think it's awesome that people paid 10bux to try and troll us with their spin. Like that's the ultimate complement.

I paid 10bux to :justpost:

Ynglaur posted:

Saying Horde and PL are separate is kind of like saying the Taliban and Al-Qaeda were different in 2001, or Texas being different than the US. We may all wish it to be true, but that doesn't make it so.

lol

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

vyst posted:

I don't think that these people understand how SA/these threads work

that being said, r/eve is cancerous and full of terrible shops which people there seem to think is ~witty propaganda~

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm pretty sure you were a loose j4g. I can't see your regdate on my phone

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

Probably. Then again who really gives a poo poo to whinge about ~true goons~ in the EVE thread?

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 3, 2016

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

vyst posted:

I gotchu fam

Dalael posted:

Hi friend, have you ever been in r/eve?

Normally, I'd say something like viewing r/eve as a Goon would be like viewing this thread as a non-Goon, but I'm sure some superstar poster would make me regret doing that fairly quickly.

r/eve is pretty horrible in all regards, there's the occasional goodpost there, but the poo poo you have to wade through to find those gems is often not worth it; however, playing EVE for either side makes you objectively biased to the other side automatically- no amount of hurfing and/or blurfing from ~the enemy~ is going to make you unbelieve what you spent a soul-crushing amount of time doing- despite that, both sites are circlejerks for their respective 'side' to the non-player and trying to convince them (or the opposition) that it's not is just an exercise in futility.

That being said, I'd rather bathe in Ullerm goodposts here, and tolerate r/eve than ever, ever, ever visit FHC.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Xolve fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 3, 2016

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Landsknecht posted:

that being said, r/eve is cancerous and full of terrible shops which people there seem to think is ~witty propaganda~

It's on par with what Anthonyz used to post here back in 2005-06.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Dalael posted:

Are you doing all of this alone or do you have people helping out?
Personally I'd help but I don't have enough alts for cyno's, and am too freakin' afraid to lose a filled JF cuz I couldn't afford reimbursing it.
Seriously tho, keep up the good great work.

Thankfully there's several of us now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

When will goons be destroyed so they can return to the primordial grounds of syndicate?

• Locked thread