Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Big Lobby mod got an update addressing some really common crashes. The crash on coming back to the lobby in particular was annoying as hell.

Also there's an actual readme now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010

LuciferMorningstar posted:

It should still work. At least, my version does, and I haven't updated in ages. I'll host it tomorrow, if I can remember.

So GageHud has the original mod but I think GageHud is unstable in the current build. Can I steal your Hudlist mod?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qku_VDZoB6c

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I would like to declare that it is absolute bullshit that ceiling-mounted turrets can spawn directly over objectives in a heist that has a melee-only run. I understand achievements are supposed to be a challenge, but that is ridiculous horseshit.

vvv Had the last one spawn in the room with the scanner, directly above it. So yeah - almost directly above a 'defend this' objective.

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 2, 2016

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Can't they be ECM'd long enough to do the objective? I mean who the hell normally brings ECMs sure but for a melee run it's not like you need ammo bags, and tripmines/turrets probably count as a kill with not-melee so they're out.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I wouldn't count on the kills the turret makes while ECM'd to not spoil the run.

What difficulty were you playing? I've done several runs on VH without seeing the ceiling turret.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Dr Cheeto posted:

The Big Lobby mod got an update addressing some really common crashes. The crash on coming back to the lobby in particular was annoying as hell.

Also there's an actual readme now.

Crashes, but what about bugs in general, like... coding in so that for like the rib boat triggers with 5+ players? They fix that poo poo yet?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dr Cheeto posted:

I wouldn't count on the kills the turret makes while ECM'd to not spoil the run.

What difficulty were you playing? I've done several runs on VH without seeing the ceiling turret.

I did an Overkill run that spawned the turret right above the scanner. That run did not end well.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Tempest_56 posted:

I would like to declare that it is absolute bullshit that ceiling-mounted turrets can spawn directly over objectives in a heist that has a melee-only run. I understand achievements are supposed to be a challenge, but that is ridiculous horseshit.

vvv Had the last one spawn in the room with the scanner, directly above it. So yeah - almost directly above a 'defend this' objective.

Wait for reloads.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It's kind of BS but how do you propose they track every single cheeve attempt to tailor the run for you

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Tempest_56 posted:

We did that with the turret above the scanner melee only.

It's called git gud, scrub. :smug:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://forums.lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=15837

Basticle fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 2, 2016

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
To be honest I kind of hope they remove all the chaff in Ghost and Fugitive and combine the useful stuff into the next set of trees.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Actually you can blow up the turret and still the get achievement. I got it last night that way.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
"git gud" really isn't a useful thing to say to anyone, anywhere. Its unironic invocation here is getting a little tiresome.

Murky Station Notes
  • It looks like there are 14 extra bags of loot: 12 bags in traincars (6 in each), 2 in the basement. The basement ones pull from the same set of spawn positions as keycards, thermite etc.
  • Like Bomb: Dockyards, you can crouch and move in between traincars. Unlike Dockyards, these areas are mostly safe. Sometimes boxes will spawn to block off one end of these paths.
  • The only real DW changes are Titan cams, some more guards, and that vents in the basement have screws you have to remove before you can enter them. Of course, you can remove the screws safely from inside the vent, so...:shrug:
  • The map is easy. Really, really easy. There's a completely safe spot within about 5 meters of your character at any time.
  • The guards occasionally doing a 180 appears to be a bug regarding how they select locations- I won't be able to be certain until someone pulls how their nodes are set up.
  • On Overkill and DW there are 3 guards in the basement.
  • There are four dumpsters in the map, roughly along the four walls of the upper area.
    Dronechat
  • Each drone has a basic pattern- when selected, it will leave its perch, go scan its preassigned area, then return to its perch for the next cycle. Its detection range is often wider than the light cone it emits.
  • If broken, a drone will begin to wobble, smoke and emit small electrical arcs. Broken drones will alert guards, and other drones if they are in neighboring locations.
  • A broken drone will behave as normal, returning to its perch. I do not believe broken drones can be selected to move again.
  • For most drone positions, if you shoot out the drone as it's lowering to its rest spot, it will be invisible to guards. A couple of drones will alert guards in certain positions, though. Breaking drones is basically not worth it.

clockworkjoe posted:

Actually you can blow up the turret and still the get achievement. I got it last night that way.

That's very good to know, thank you!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 3, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

"git gud" really isn't a useful thing to say to anyone, anywhere. Its unironic invocation here is getting a little tiresome.

Actually, it is. Alternatively: play a lower difficulty or don't go for achievements if you're not capable of dealing with the challenges involved.

jerichojx posted:

So GageHud has the original mod but I think GageHud is unstable in the current build. Can I steal your Hudlist mod?

Try this. You might want to edit the settings, since this gives you my particular setup (the best setup, obviously, but I recognize that tastes vary). If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. I literally just zipped up the files I copied out of my Payday folder.

And lastly: are you mad that you missed out on Boiling Point in its original, more difficult format? Do you wish you could fight nothing but blues on EVERY map? Well then do I have a product for you! I call it Nothing but Blues. That's kind of a lie, though, because specials still spawn. Point is, basically all regular cop spawns are replaced by blues. Exciting, right? I thought you'd agree.

Installation instructions are in the download, but here's the short version: I blatantly ripped off of Wilko's mutators, and, because I know nothing about LUA, just edited the shields mutator. So take your current shields mutator (you need GoonMod for this, if you haven't figured it out yet) and put it somewhere safe. Then put this thing I'm giving you in that same folder and enable the "Nothing but Blues" mutator. If things start exploding, post about it and I may or may not look into it.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

[*]It looks like there are 14 extra bags of loot: 12 bags of "battle rifles" in traincars (6 in each), another battle rifle bag in the basement, and one bag of pistols in a similar, smaller case in the basement. They pull from the same set of spawn positions as keycards, thermite etc.

This isn't 100% accurate; pistols and BRs can both spawn in the non-bomb traincars. There'll always be six per car, but the type is variable.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 55 minutes!
lol @ someone actually defending 'git gud'

Literally all games are about getting mechanical advantages to overcome the challenge at hand, so someone saying git gud is invariably either too loving retarded to put their advantages and strategies into words or too lazy and arrogant to type it out. You're not helpful, smart, or cool, you're dumb, arrogant, and lazy. Which is fine if you own it, I shitpost this thread all the time because I'm dumb and lazy, but pretending you're not is a whole new level of dumb and arrogant beyond that.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Coolguye posted:

I'm dumb and lazy

:eyepop:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Coolguye posted:

Literally all games are about getting mechanical advantages to overcome the challenge at hand, so someone saying git gud is invariably either too loving retarded to put their advantages and strategies into words or too lazy and arrogant to type it out. You're not helpful, smart, or cool, you're dumb, arrogant, and lazy. Which is fine if you own it, I shitpost this thread all the time because I'm dumb and lazy, but pretending you're not is a whole new level of dumb and arrogant beyond that.

have you considered becoming better at the video games that you are playing?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

RandallODim posted:

This isn't 100% accurate; pistols and BRs can both spawn in the non-bomb traincars. There'll always be six per car, but the type is variable.

Good to know, if weird; pistols and rifles have the same value, but pistols are a lot easier to move with. I'll fix it in a bit and add a good strat for no witnesses I just came up with.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Coolguye posted:

Literally all games are about getting mechanical advantages to overcome the challenge at hand

That doesn't sound like Hatoful Boyfriend at all

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

ClonedPickle posted:

That doesn't sound like Hatoful Boyfriend at all

the challenge is choosing which bird you don't date

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
You can break the UAVs? I was shooting them repeatedly with arrows and tossing javelins at them.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Welp I DW Boiling Point with pubs. Guess I got good?

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Actually, it is. Alternatively: play a lower difficulty or don't go for achievements if you're not capable of dealing with the challenges involved.

Try this. You might want to edit the settings, since this gives you my particular setup (the best setup, obviously, but I recognize that tastes vary). If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. I literally just zipped up the files I copied out of my Payday folder.

And lastly: are you mad that you missed out on Boiling Point in its original, more difficult format? Do you wish you could fight nothing but blues on EVERY map? Well then do I have a product for you! I call it Nothing but Blues. That's kind of a lie, though, because specials still spawn. Point is, basically all regular cop spawns are replaced by blues. Exciting, right? I thought you'd agree.

Installation instructions are in the download, but here's the short version: I blatantly ripped off of Wilko's mutators, and, because I know nothing about LUA, just edited the shields mutator. So take your current shields mutator (you need GoonMod for this, if you haven't figured it out yet) and put it somewhere safe. Then put this thing I'm giving you in that same folder and enable the "Nothing but Blues" mutator. If things start exploding, post about it and I may or may not look into it.

You can just rename the mutator file, it doesn't need override one of the existing ones since GoonMod just scans the mutators folder and finds everything anyway. Also, want me to put this in the proper download when I put the next update out?

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Afraid of Audio posted:

okosan. okosan a million times over. how is this even a question

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

:jerkbag:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Crabtree posted:

If you did it before the hotfix, sure? The map is a total pushover now. It's like Counterfeit levels of easy.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
The lack of cover on your way in aside from The Rock on one edge is rougher than anything Undercover has to offer, but once you breach the wall you've got no end of excellent holdout locations, true

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

VH. Did it three attempts in a row, thus my raging. I get that achievement runs are supposed to be difficult, but encouraging a melee-only run then placing an (effectively) melee-invincible obstacle over an objective is kinda gently caress-you.

clockworkjoe posted:

Now that changes things. Next run, explosives. gently caress that thing.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Wilko posted:

You can just rename the mutator file, it doesn't need override one of the existing ones since GoonMod just scans the mutators folder and finds everything anyway. Also, want me to put this in the proper download when I put the next update out?

I tried that and it didn't work. I'll try again anyway, since the problem is probably that I am an idiot. Feel free to put it in, it's mostly your work anyway!

Crabtree posted:

Boiling Point is really easy now. But you did it with pubs, so I guess sort of?

Anyway, since it's irrelevant now, here's the secret that Chorse, Pickle, Psion and I came up with to deal with Boiling Point when it was actually really hard:

The first part is the hardest part, and it's where I assume most people blow all their resources/die. One person needs to run and start the hack, and one person grabs the C4, but does not plant any of it. I mean, they could try, but it's a bit risky. Anyway, once the hack is going, everyone needs to run to the right side of the map, as you're facing the wall. There is a rock formation not far from the edge of the wall. That's your holdout spot. The little valley in between the rocks is the safest spot, and that's where any FAKs should probably get dropped. Hold there until the assault wave starts to break, then push out and restart the hack/plant C4/get asset resources. Move back to the holdout spot as the assault ramps up. If you're really lucky, you'll be able to fire the missile and get inside before things get really ugly, but either way, fire the missile and go inside once it's relatively safe.

Second part is charging the EMP. IMO, the best two spots are a) inside lower level, and b) outside. The upper area doesn't have great cover, IMO. For (a) and (b), there are relatively defensible positions you can watch the EMP from. Since the cops have low health, it's generally easy to kill them before they can hurt you much or turn off the bomb. EMP goes off, you head inside, killing Dozers along the way.

Third part is doing the scans. The best holdout spot is in the room that has the door you can pick in the back hallway. Drop deployables behind the desk. Get the objectives done. I won't go into great detail here because this part is honestly not terribly hard as long as you don't overextend or get wasted by the turret. The thing that you absolutely should not do is pick up the briefcase. Figure out where it is and leave it alone. Put all the bodies you're going to scan (all of them) in the scan room. Do the scans, grab the server. Wait for an assault break. As the assault starts to break, two to three members of the team should start walking the server out, while the other one or two members wait near the briefcase. Why? Well, triggering the "escape" objective turns on an infinite assault wave. Normally, this isn't a big deal. But when every enemy is a blue, and there's no cover on the way to the escape, and there are also snipers, life loving sucks. Anyway, by leaving the briefcase alone, you can turn on the infinite assault when you're ready, and the server has already been moved as close to the escape as possible. Grab briefcase, and run like hell. My assumption is that, since it's not a bag, even if the runner goes into custody, someone will get the case and be able to exit. This assumption has not been tested.

And that's how you do Boiling Point on hellmode.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

:gonk:

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Afraid of Audio posted:

Perhaps try playing on a lower difficulty, or don't go for certain achievements.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

So, No Witnesses.
1. Stealth the heist as normal, preferably without using any pagers.
2. There are 3 guards in the basement; take them out quietly.
3. This leaves, on Overkill, 8 guards up top. Use your remaining pager on one of these guards. Take out and bag the construction workers if you can.
4. The final rush varies depending on where the escape is. In either case, consider starting things off with a grenade to identify all guard locations.
a. Boat escape is a bit of a crapshoot. One player should run each "aisle" between trains, taking down enemies. Each kill should be counted up so you know when you hit the goal.
b. Van escape is easier. 3 players on the overpass, 1 on the middle level underneath, covering the area under the overpass. Count up kills to 7 as before, then run to the van. Watch out that the lower player covering the blind spot can have a blind spot immediately in front of them.

Concordat posted:

You can break the UAVs? I was shooting them repeatedly with arrows and tossing javelins at them.
I believe the hitbox is the lens configuration on the bottom. That said, it's not worth doing- it's a huge risk that a guard will see them before they retreat, and for some locations even after.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
It's possible to put a Theia on an unsuppressed Lebensauger and still get your visibility down to 13. It might be a good idea to have a person or two using these to spot guards from the upper ledge. Then, once it's time to kill everyone, a single shot will highlight every guard on the map with an exclamation point.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Wilko posted:

I figured out what I was doing wrong. Nothing but Blues is now separate from All Shields. New download link here, for interested parties.

As far as I can see, it does replace basically all the normal cop spawns with blues. Beat cops still spawn, but that's fine. Same with specials. I need to test it more, though, since sometimes regular units sneak through. I think some spawns are hardcoded, though. Example: Tans on the roof in GO Bank. Basically, if people play with this and see weird spawn issues, they should say something so I can maybe figure out what I did wrong, if I did do anything wrong.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 55 minutes!

Afraid of Audio posted:

true story

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Coolguye posted:

Afraid of Audio posted:

Holy poo poo, this much salt over me posting "git gud" in the thread and all from the mother fuckers who give me poo poo all the time and tell me to "calm down, skunkrocker", and yet I was loving kidding. That turret was absolute bullshit and led to like 90% of our downs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Skunkrocker posted:

Holy poo poo, this much salt over me posting "git gud" in the thread and all from the mother fuckers who give me poo poo all the time and tell me to "calm down, skunkrocker", and yet I was loving kidding. That turret was absolute bullshit and led to like 90% of our downs.

You keep posting stupid poo poo and keep getting surprised that people find the poo poo you post stupid.