Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Dias posted:

Randy Orton's powerslam.

Someone find that one time Orton took RVD's rolling thunder and turned it into his powerslam. Those two had weirdly great chemistry together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bob Holly's dropkick

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Alaois posted:

Bob Holly's dropkick

Also, Okada's Dropkick

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Matt Hardy, too, had some really good punches.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

A little off topic, but Misti-cara's finger point.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also Alicia Fox throws a great Northern Lights Suplex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yXk79cYvVw

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Admiral Joeslop posted:

He nods to the ref like he's saying he's OK but Jesus Christ. He must have drank a lot of milk growing up for his ribs not to shatter.

Or maybe they did and he was hoping he would get a job if he didn't say anything

To be fair, Yokozuna's rear end was wide and pillowy. Still gonna hurt, but there's a lot of cushion and weight distribution there.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Baron Corbin's black hole slam looks fantastic and I'm glad he uses it as a secondary finisher. Really plays well to his height.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I thought it was more of a spinning backdrop, but I agree it looks great.

Christian has pretty great open hand slap.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

My favorite is still the Rock's old floatover DDT that he did in his early heel days. Then again, it only looked good when he did it to Ken Shamrock, which is why he stopped.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ted Dibiase's fistdrop was the best fistdrop. Also, I loved the way Sandman would shoot people into the ropes by grabbing their arm and falling backwards.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Gavok posted:

My favorite is still the Rock's old floatover DDT that he did in his early heel days. Then again, it only looked good when he did it to Ken Shamrock, which is why he stopped.

It's legacy lives on in every single default move-set in WWE games. Same with Christians reverse DDT and And reverse DDT into the knee. They gave everyone these moves over the course of a few games.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

remusclaw posted:

I thought it was more of a spinning backdrop, but I agree it looks great.

Christian has pretty great open hand slap.

Yeah, if memory serves it was like Abyss' when he first started doing it, but he turned it into a backdrop variant. It's probably even better than way, since in that position you can get the guy even higher and spin around longer.

This is a proper black hole slam:

http://i.imgur.com/GrorP85.mp4

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gavok posted:

I spammed that move all the goddamn time in WWF War Zone.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

remusclaw posted:

So what are everybody's favorite moves that a wrestler does? Not finishes, just the things that they do so well, or do better than everyone else does them. Watching NXT last night reminded of my appreciation for some of these.

1. Austin Aries' rolling elbow is the best rolling elbow in wrestling.
2. Nakamura's lest elbow smash in his sequences where he does a little motion and stomp into it is absolutely awesome.
3. AJ Style flying forearm is literally the reason I watched TNA for way longer than I should have.
4. Big E's Splash is the greatest big man splash in wrestling history.
5. Samoa Joe's slaps.

No mention of this? Unless, of course, it's because it's so obvious that it doesn't need mentioning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-RcSahbrjE

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Sami's blue thunder bomb should be his finisher.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
Benoit's Double Forearm Strike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g-1pQWZSbY&t=82s (1:22)

Farooq's Spinebuster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz6F0nVl3tI

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Davros1 posted:

No mention of this? Unless, of course, it's because it's so obvious that it doesn't need mentioning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-RcSahbrjE

You know who also has a nice spinebuster? Adam Rose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZr3G7GFuD8

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Gavok posted:

He really did that? Huh, I wondered why he always had it in the Smackdown games.

Does Kane still do that thing where he grabs a guy round the throat for a chokeslam, big boots a second guy, and then does the chokeslam? Because that was boss as gently caress back in the day.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trying to intro my 4 year daughter into wrestling. I have the WWE network and chromecast. Tried to get her to watch some of NXT last night and she kind of liked it. She even said she wanted to be a wrestler. I did immediately kill kayfave for her by explaining the people are actors and never do what they do and drive it home.

Would love to get her to watch wrestling on YouTube instead of those awful toy and egg channels (ie cookieswirlc....if you have young kids you might know this crap).

So any recommendations on what might interest her? Feel free to give non WWE recs or even non matches.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 2, 2016

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Samoa Joe's corner slam. Dunno the name of it, but it looks so badass.

gfanikf posted:

Trying to intro my 4 year daughter into wrestling. I have the WWE network and chromecast. Tried to get her to watch some of NXT last night and she liked it.

Would love to get her to watch wrestling on YouTube instead of those awful toy and egg channels (ie cookieswirlc....if you have young kids you might know this crap).

So any recommendations on what might interest her? Feel free to give non WWE recs or even non matches.

A 4 year old? Maybe some Chikara....

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I love Luke Harper's big boot, specifically when he drops to the opposite knee.

http://youtu.be/IMqcstOD2jY

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

gfanikf posted:

Trying to intro my 4 year daughter into wrestling. I have the WWE network and chromecast. Tried to get her to watch some of NXT last night and she liked it.

CZW, Cee-Zee-Dub!

(does WWE Network have Saturday Morning Slam? That one is a light-hearted wrestling thing with a bunch of comedy spots)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

A 4 year old? Maybe some Chikara....

I was thinking about that. Truthfully except for smarky crowds current WWE isn't too bad for a content pov. I'll freely state I never liked attitude era stuff, I grew up with like 88 till 93 WWE.

Dias posted:

CZW, Cee-Zee-Dub!

(does WWE Network have Saturday Morning Slam? That one is a light-hearted wrestling thing with a bunch of comedy spots)

I thought that show went off a few years ago? It was the TV G one that edited certain moves right?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Gonna go all Meltzer on you and suggest 80's All Japan Women.
Seriously, listen to that crowd response. That could be American Women's wrestling in an alternate non Moolah timeline.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hkpn8

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I love it. Just smashes them down like "what the gently caress is wrong with you?"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

remusclaw posted:

Gonna go all Meltzer on you and suggest 80's All Japan Women.
Seriously, listen to that crowd response. That could be American Women's wrestling in an alternate non Moolah timeline.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hkpn8

Putting it on now. I'll report back.

EDIT: Well if DM didn't want to keep crashing with chromecast.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 2, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

gfanikf posted:

I thought that show went off a few years ago? It was the TV G one that edited certain moves right?

Yeah, it went off a while ago, I think it ran for a year, but the Network should have the old episodes. Really, anything WWE nowadays is clean enough that it shouldn't be an issue. Chikara might be cool too.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

gfanikf posted:

Putting it on now. I'll report back.

EDIT: Well if DM didn't want to keep crashing with chromecast.

Youtube has it in two parts, and it looks like a better copy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VCz4E-01q8

If you like that, look up the Bomb Angels vs the Glamour girls at Royal Rumble 1988 and them in the women's Surivor Series match from 1987, it's like wrestling from a different planet as compared to what else was on those shows. Though I have nothing but praise for the first two Survivor Series shows as they both had amazing 10 man tag Survivor Series matches.

And lastly, if Japanese Women's wrestling is a go for you, I suggest looking up Manami Toyota and Akira Hokuto as both are amazing. Also look into Chikara King of Trios 2012 as they had two great Joshi teams. They also have Joshimania, which I haven't seen yet, but is likely great.

Probably one of my favorite matches ever is Akira Hokuto vs Shinobu Kandori 4/2/93, but I would not suggest it for your purposes here as it is an absolute bloodbath.

And last, on more moves I love

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 2, 2016

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

No mention of Curt Hennig's Perfect-Plex to the Giant? You can almost call it... perfect.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

big show was incredibly agile back in the day

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In terms of profit and mainstream popularity which was bigger the 1980s or late 1990s?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

gfanikf posted:

In terms of profit and mainstream popularity which was bigger the 1980s or late 1990s?

Late 90s although it's unfair to compare the two in terms of profit as there were more revenue streams available.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

They haven't named it on NXT, but on the Indies it was called the S.T.Joe.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

The most hype wrestling move is Daniel Bryan psycho elbows.

Followed by the People's Elbow.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Tokelau All Star posted:

The most hype wrestling move is Daniel Bryan psycho elbows.

Followed by the People's Elbow.

I never liked Daniel's elbows; he always threw too many and they looked really sloppy.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

gfanikf posted:

Trying to intro my 4 year daughter into wrestling. I have the WWE network and chromecast. Tried to get her to watch some of NXT last night and she kind of liked it. She even said she wanted to be a wrestler. I did immediately kill kayfave for her by explaining the people are actors and never do what they do and drive it home.

hbk vs triple h hell in a cell is a must watch, perfect for the whole family

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Which guys from the current WWE roster have worked with Nakamura?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Kevin Owens and AJ Styles to get that ball rolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

AJ Styles and Brock Lesnar. When he wrestled Lesnar though he was an entirely different kind of wrestler, very good, but very very bland.