Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
The volume of their disruptive posting in this thread should tell you something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I just want Goons to do well because its pissed people off for literally a decade.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just want Goons to do well because its pissed people off for literally a decade.

i don't know if it's actually goons anymore but rather j4gs and unfunny pubbie filler

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Landsknecht posted:

i don't know if it's actually goons anymore but rather j4gs and unfunny pubbie filler

selling yourself short there :)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tom Brady

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Kalenn Istarion posted:

J4lp weren't allied until the sotg and that guy had been pinged several times as 'don't buy from him'. It's always been on you to make sure your poo poo is done right. It's also good to hear you weren't actively trying to gently caress anyone over so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Xolve posted:

You should probably never buy anything from J4LP, ever. It will more than likely be fitted wrong.

It's kind of their thing.

loving poo poo. Its hard to keep track of who the gently caress is and isnt allied at any given time, and who is known contract scammers. I don't even like buying contract ships from Karma, but half the time they're the only ones with ships up. Too much to keep track of when you're falling asleep at the keyboard and last minute reshipping for a fleet as its racing to undock.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Keep in mind anyone can assign contracts to your corporation (including hostiles). You should be clicking the issuer's name on the contract to verify the seller is blue. Not checking that is how those 100mm plated battleship/t3 losses happened.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

smertrioslol posted:

I would like to announce that I shamed Tuxedo Catfish into resubbing to eve. While he may fail out of law school because of this, at least BOS has a space lawyer now :sun:

:toot:

I went on a roam with gshreds, Koshka and tim (the enchanter, not groon tim) a while back. A proper 2012-13 sv reunion would be fun.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

"anymore"

There has been no point where the "True Goon Nation" has existed you idiot.

EDIT: And for that matter as I recall you went fuckgoons in a huff after being set read only for no other reason than being completely unlikable, so your membership in the ~true goon~ clubhouse would be p unlikely, and your opinion on the subject carries less weight than my cats thoughts on the whole thing

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 3, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Goons are a behaviour, not a culture.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

objectively bad posted:

I went on a roam with gshreds, Koshka and tim (the enchanter, not groon tim) a while back. A proper 2012-13 sv reunion would be fun.

i'm on a roam with schaden and koshka right now

well koshka went to bed i guess but close enough

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
schaden sucks rear end there i said it

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i'm on a roam with schaden and koshka right now

well koshka went to bed i guess but close enough

Some of these names coming out of retirement are amazing. I've been flagged down a dozen times since logging in earlier this week by old names.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

"anymore"

There has been no point where the "True Goon Nation" has existed you idiot.

EDIT: And for that matter as I recall you went fuckgoons in a huff after being set read only for no other reason than being completely unlikable, so your membership in the ~true goon~ clubhouse would be p unlikely, and your opinion on the subject carries less weight than my cats thoughts on the whole thing

I went fuckgoons cause it was a funny thing to do and to get some laffs (I can't even really remember why - a few months later I moved to a new country so that's what I remember from that year), but that was like 4 years ago; time flies.

You'd have to really have your head in the sand to think that GSF is actually "goony" anymore. I don't want to get into the "true goon" bullshit, but the reality is that GSF is now majority pubbies; not that these are bad pubbie, many of these corps like MRCHI and the TCF guys have a really long and great bro history with goons stretching back 10 years, but they still aren't SA-sourced "goons." When I look on evemaps, which is cold, hard numbers, the biggest corp is now the reddit one, not goonwaffe, which has slightly over 3k characters in a 17k character alliance. Even if I give the benefit of the doubt to GSF and say that another 3000 of the characters are goon alts in altcorps, it still means that GSF is 2/3rds pubbies.

While I'm not going to try to find info on the GSF/GS goon/pubbie historical ratio, from a somewhat outside perspective it looks to me like GSF isn't really a goon alliance anymore, but rather just a big eve alliance which has a decent-sized goon component at it's center. To compare with this, TEST, which is another external community alliance, has Dreddit consisting of over 40% of it's membership (and even more - closer to 80% - if I use the same altcorp math I used for GSF).

The conclusion that I'd probably draw from this is that GSF likely traded the idea of being a true goon alliance (sourcing the majority of alliance members from SA) for nullsec longevity and power in EVE. Just looking through the GSF corps on evemaps one gets the idea that over the past 5 years GSF has hoovered up corps from various failed/broken allies in order to maintain a certain bulk and strength.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Holy poo poo don't get stuck on a name. The corporate rebranding that is "Imperium" is just the devil's trick of convincing people Goons don't exist.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

objectively bad posted:

The SV deployments to Syndicate and then the stealth bomber poo poo we did after back then was pretty drat sweet. My name in-game was Joba Korako, and after reading the new stuff going down I think I'm gonna roll up my sleeves and come back as well. The UI sure has been overhauled to some degree from what I last remembered, re-learning this game is gonna be a proper nightmare.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Landsknecht posted:

I went fuckgoons cause it was a funny thing to do and to get some laffs (I can't even really remember why - a few months later I moved to a new country so that's what I remember from that year), but that was like 4 years ago; time flies.

You'd have to really have your head in the sand to think that GSF is actually "goony" anymore. I don't want to get into the "true goon" bullshit, but the reality is that GSF is now majority pubbies; not that these are bad pubbie, many of these corps like MRCHI and the TCF guys have a really long and great bro history with goons stretching back 10 years, but they still aren't SA-sourced "goons." When I look on evemaps, which is cold, hard numbers, the biggest corp is now the reddit one, not goonwaffe, which has slightly over 3k characters in a 17k character alliance. Even if I give the benefit of the doubt to GSF and say that another 3000 of the characters are goon alts in altcorps, it still means that GSF is 2/3rds pubbies.

While I'm not going to try to find info on the GSF/GS goon/pubbie historical ratio, from a somewhat outside perspective it looks to me like GSF isn't really a goon alliance anymore, but rather just a big eve alliance which has a decent-sized goon component at it's center. To compare with this, TEST, which is another external community alliance, has Dreddit consisting of over 40% of it's membership (and even more - closer to 80% - if I use the same altcorp math I used for GSF).

The conclusion that I'd probably draw from this is that GSF likely traded the idea of being a true goon alliance (sourcing the majority of alliance members from SA) for nullsec longevity and power in EVE. Just looking through the GSF corps on evemaps one gets the idea that over the past 5 years GSF has hoovered up corps from various failed/broken allies in order to maintain a certain bulk and strength.

lmao elitism about goonieness in 2016.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

frozenpussy posted:

Holy poo poo don't get stuck on a name. The corporate rebranding that is "Imperium" is just the devil's trick of convincing people Goons don't exist.

I'm not hung up on the name at all (even if it is like the silliest pubbie "space empire" rebranding), I'm making the point that at this point goons are horribly outnumbered by pubbies in their own alliance

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
lets really take it back and start talking poo poo about people reg dates and how stuff was so much better when goons held poo poo space and the titan fund was getting stolen on a quarterly basis.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Landsknecht posted:

lotta ordo garr words about what is or isnt true goon ty ordo for your deep insight on things you care deeply about

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

lets really take it back and start talking poo poo about people reg dates and how stuff was so much better when goons held poo poo space and the titan fund was getting stolen on a quarterly basis.

or lets just admit that times changed and the direKKKtorate decided it was better to be ~space important~ than maintain a home for goons

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Landsknecht posted:

I'm not hung up on the name at all (even if it is like the silliest pubbie "space empire" rebranding), I'm making the point that at this point goons are horribly outnumbered by pubbies in their own alliance

spamming the word pubbie makes you one. nobody with 2 brain cells to rub together cares if your a true goon as long as you don't act like a retard.

Landsknecht posted:

or lets just admit that times changed and the direKKKtorate decided it was better to be ~space important~ than maintain a home for goons

god your insufferable

Venom Snake fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 3, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
here have the actual final word on ~true goon~: it has nothing to do with whatever you think it does

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I am the only ~True Goon~ around here!

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

here have the actual final word on ~true goon~: it has nothing to do with whatever you think it does

isn't your identity more tied up in this idea of space gooniness than anyone around here? weren't you hanging around gf.com forever without actually playing that game it's based around?

more importantly, is goon kill yet?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

I swear this was going on 2011 when I played eve.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Landsknecht posted:

isn't your identity more tied up in this idea of space gooniness than anyone around here? weren't you hanging around gf.com forever without actually playing that game it's based around?

being a goon means you are an insufferable nerd and trust me we don't have a fuckin shortage of nerds in the imperium.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Landsknecht posted:

no, noyesnoyes, maybe

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
u dont have true goons in ur space alliance *looks at GBS and e/n and yospos and tcc*

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
the only one saying ~true goon~ is some sort of laudable identity is you b t w you spastic retard

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Bacontotem posted:

I swear this was going on 2011 when I played eve.

but seriously this discussion happens a lot

u dont have true goons in ur space alliance *looks at GBS and e/n and yospos and tcc*

looks at 2008-vintage LF

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Landsknecht posted:

but seriously this discussion happens a lot

looks at 2008-vintage LF

you could just go to SASS for that awful garbage, if you want the good times you need the first few months of helldump before it cannibalized the poo poo out of itself which you're several years late for unless you rereged

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
culture/not goon enough is just a topic brought up when the person wants to vindicate themselves for being a retard about something

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Landsknecht posted:

so what it works. It's me I'm the j4g, happy?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

culture/not goon enough is just a topic brought up when the person wants to vindicate themselves for being a retard about something

the only one saying ~true goon~ is some sort of laudable identity is you b t w you spastic retard

in the name of the truth i really dont care about culture but y'all sure seem to be worked up about saying that nothing is wrong, definitely not, nope, nothing at all wrong

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Some Goon posted:

Is Eve my real life?
Is it just fantasy?
Caught by a reboot,
No access to Tranquility.
Server shutdown,
Get up from your chair and pee,
I'm just a pubbie, I need no sympathy,
Because I'm easy come, easy go,
PCU high, PCU low,
Anyway the game loads doesn't really matter to me, to me.

CCP, just killed TQ,
Put a dunce cap on his head,
Pulled the power, now it's dead.
CCP, ops had just begun,
But now you've gone and thrown it all away.

Mama, ooh,
You can go play PS2,
If I can't login by this time tomorrow,
Carry on, carry on as if downtime really matters.

Too late, I pressed undock,
Sent shivers down my spine,
JF's lagging all the time.
Goodbye, everybody, the game just froze,
Can't deliver those contracts and that's the truth.

Mama, ooh (nothing that the log shows),
I don't wanna die,
I sometimes wish I'd never logged in at all.

I see a little silhouetto on undock,
UI lag, UI lag, will it load or no go?
Server load not lightening,
Very, very frightening me.

(Nullarboro) Nullarboro.
(Nullarboro) Nullarboro,
Nullarboro Figaro
Magnifico.

I'm just a pubbie, no game dev loves me.
He's just a pubbie - check his corp history,
Spare him the shame of this loss CCP.

Easy come, easy go, I lost my depot
Petition! No, they won't refund depots. (My depot!)
Petition! They won't refund depots. (My depot!)
Petition! They won't refund depots. (My depot!) Won't refund depots. (My depot!)
Salvage or depots
Better let it go, oh.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Oh, mama Seagull, mama Seagull (Mama Seagull, let me go.)
Hilmarzebub has a shutdown put aside for me, for me, for me.
So you close all my sockets and extend downtime?
So your server will lag out and leave me to die?

Oh, baby, CCP screwed me, baby,
Just gotta log out, just gotta log right outta here.
Downtime really matters,
At least to CCP.
But downtime, doesn’t matter
Downtime doesn't matter to me.
Anyway the server loads.
:yarg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW3DFyzfEhI :gary:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
hey guys I was supposed to have a new book kickstarter last month what gives

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1318670671/fountain-war-book/posts/1434078

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
My ex wife become insufferable right after the judge laughed at the idea of alimony when we'd only been married 2.5 years.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Landsknecht posted:

in the name of the truth i really dont care about culture but y'all sure seem to be worked up about saying that nothing is wrong, definitely not, nope, nothing at all wrong

I dont care, you care says man with dozens of repetitive posts on subject

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
tell me more how you truly dont care at all about thing you keep having to try to last word

or alternatively keep the shitass spin garbage on reddit where it belongs ty and godbless

• Locked thread