Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

If I was Spider-Man, I would also be Iron Man if I had the money. Checks out to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm convinced Dan Slott is just taking ideas from the Fox cartoon at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ14vIcXKSw&t=140s

E: I'm always surprised whenever I watch parts of that show at how unnaturally fast every conversation goes. All the natural pauses are edited out because kids don't have any time for that poo poo.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 13, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
well, that's what people working on the show thought kids didn't have time for

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah I had time to waste playing broken, lovely SNES games, I had time for pauses.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PbCG2sp2F8

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ugh, more forced diversity.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
From the related videos, something else I never knew existed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSXjBkIIvos

Edit: This is probably weirder than the Nollywood Spider-Girl flick, it has wolfmen that shoot lasers out of their eyes that turn people in to werewolves, and Frankenstein's monster turns people into Frankensteins by shooting lasers out of his neck bolts, and Dracula is defeated by a windmill. Spider-Woman is turned into a half-werewolf and half-vampire thing for a hot minute, in addition to already being half-spider.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Mar 14, 2016

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, with the new issue of Web Warriors out, I can finally discuss Web Warriors again.

I was right they were writing Mayday out of the book, although they're instead having her lost in the multiverse rather than killing her off. Also, they got rid of Spider-UK, but I'm not sure anyone even noticed. They've promoted Anya to leader, which I guess gives her something to do, so that's nice. But I think I'm done. I was only really sticking around for Mayday, so I guess I'll just save my money for other things.

I wonder if they'll actually be able to wrap up this plot before the cancellation.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If they kill off Anya I might try reading the book.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Fear not I'm sure Grizzled and Evil from being lost in the multiverse Mayday will kill her to show how serious a threat she is in the totally not bitter about getting canned finale.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Skwirl posted:

From the related videos, something else I never knew existed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSXjBkIIvos

Edit: This is probably weirder than the Nollywood Spider-Girl flick, it has wolfmen that shoot lasers out of their eyes that turn people in to werewolves, and Frankenstein's monster turns people into Frankensteins by shooting lasers out of his neck bolts, and Dracula is defeated by a windmill. Spider-Woman is turned into a half-werewolf and half-vampire thing for a hot minute, in addition to already being half-spider.

That was everything you promised and more. I used to love those cartoons as a kid. Never sure why Spider-Woman got to fly though.

Are we all excited for this Spider-Woman, Silk, Spider-Gwen team up?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Welp, turns out that Dead No More is Clone Saga II: Electro Boogaloo, if the latest teaser is anything to go by.

Way to spoil the whole twist, Marvel!

Then again people were already guessing 'Jackal'.

I suppose it could be a bait-and-switch, but still.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Clone Gwen Stacy has been a loose end for so many years. I think Spock might've killed her tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That would explain why the clone saga is getting pushed hard out of loving nowhere.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
The clone of Gwen Stacy got dealt with in the Evolutionary War crossover. They retconned it so Warren wasn't making full clones; he'd just found a woman similar to Gwen and done some tinkering. One of the Young Gods "fixed" her, giving her back her original face, and it turned out her name was Joyce Delaney. Joyce went on to die in Yost's Scarlet Spider.

Granted, this was well pre-Clone Saga, so who even knows.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They are probably gonna clone everyone who has died on Peter so of course Gwen will be there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wanderer posted:

The clone of Gwen Stacy got dealt with in the Evolutionary War crossover. They retconned it so Warren wasn't making full clones; he'd just found a woman similar to Gwen and done some tinkering. One of the Young Gods "fixed" her, giving her back her original face, and it turned out her name was Joyce Delaney. Joyce went on to die in Yost's Scarlet Spider.

Granted, this was well pre-Clone Saga, so who even knows.

That was retconned again during the clone saga, they stated there that Delaney a construct, she never existed. So the SS thread conflicts with that.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
The Clone Saga is in joke limbo might as well count the Scarlet Spider run as true for now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

The Clone Saga is in joke limbo might as well count the Scarlet Spider run as true for now.

Did you already forget Spider-Island?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SirDan3k posted:

It's getting an omnibus and releasing it digitally, it's more remembered that the run.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I miss Ben Reilly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's getting an omnibus and releasing it digitally, it's more remembered that the run.

I hear rumblings that the Omnibus edition will be compressed into two volumes with much of the extraneous stuff cut out.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Skwirl posted:

I miss Ben Reilly.

You won't have to miss him for much longer. Time to kill Peter again!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't think red suit guy is Jackal. Jackal's generally pretty obvious about being Jackal 'cause he loves being nuts.

Then again Lizard recognized him so maybe that's a sign that it is Warren?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I hear rumblings that the Omnibus edition will be compressed into two volumes with much of the extraneous stuff cut out.

What? Nooooooo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

What? Nooooooo

Just a rumor, but it would make sense to trim the garbage out

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Just a rumor, but it would make sense to trim the garbage out

If they trim "garbage" out but leave Maximum Clonage in I will explode and shower the US with tripe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

If they trim "garbage" out but leave Maximum Clonage in I will explode and shower the US with tripe.

Nah, the stuff that had no bearing on the main story like the Unlimited issues.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Blockhouse posted:

I don't think red suit guy is Jackal. Jackal's generally pretty obvious about being Jackal 'cause he loves being nuts.

Then again Lizard recognized him so maybe that's a sign that it is Warren?

And yet he's wearing a stonking great Jackal mask in the promo.

I'm wondering if Warren is running around in a cloned body of someone else, and that will be the big reveal. So he'll take off the mask and have the face of Otto Octavius/Peter Parker/Norman Osborn underneath (which is why Lizard recognised him). Actually if he's running around in cloned body of Peter, that could see him leverage Peter's own company against him for one thing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

How much will people riot if Spidercide comes back and Ben doesn't?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I won't because Spidercide rules

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Yvonmukluk posted:

And yet he's wearing a stonking great Jackal mask in the promo.

I'm wondering if Warren is running around in a cloned body of someone else, and that will be the big reveal. So he'll take off the mask and have the face of Otto Octavius/Peter Parker/Norman Osborn underneath (which is why Lizard recognised him). Actually if he's running around in cloned body of Peter, that could see him leverage Peter's own company against him for one thing.

Well it's an Anubis mask which is appropriate for someone bringing people back from the dead

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Anubis mask looks like the Jackal-man Warren created when he was working under the High Evolutionary at Mt Wundgore.

Eat a dick everyone who told me memorizing the Clone Saga was a waste of time.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What if that's not Gwen, but Gwen and Norman Osborne's daughter that looked just like her?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

You monster.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
It is time to bring back the twins!

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
So I haven't been into comics for a while, and I was wondering....why is Peter suddenly some sort of mega-super-genius on the level of people like Tony Stark and Reed Richards? I have to say it rubs me the wrong way. The guy's super smart, but he never used to be that super smart.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Cnut the Great posted:

So I haven't been into comics for a while, and I was wondering....why is Peter suddenly some sort of mega-super-genius on the level of people like Tony Stark and Reed Richards? I have to say it rubs me the wrong way. The guy's super smart, but he never used to be that super smart.

Because Dan Slott apparently decided Peter should be the new Tony Stark, because being a Playboy Billionaire Philanthropist is apparently more relatable than being married.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Cnut the Great posted:

He always was, but he was never in a position where he could really leverage it. He invented the webbing and the web-shooters himself, as well as an electronic tracking beacon that he can home in on psychically, and he's got a consistent history of coming up with scientific solutions to the villain or problem of the week.

Traditionally, the problem has been Spider-troubles interfering with his education, or keeping him from consistently being able to keep hold of the kinds of resources that Tony or Reed have. In the fields of chemistry or DIY electronics, he's probably top-ten MU and has been for quite a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Wanderer posted:

He always was, but he was never in a position where he could really leverage it. He invented the webbing and the web-shooters himself, as well as an electronic tracking beacon that he can home in on psychically, and he's got a consistent history of coming up with scientific solutions to the villain or problem of the week.

Traditionally, the problem has been Spider-troubles interfering with his education, or keeping him from consistently being able to keep hold of the kinds of resources that Tony or Reed have. In the fields of chemistry or DIY electronics, he's probably top-ten MU and has been for quite a while.

Yeah this is the way I have always seen Peter. He has the potential to be as smart as Reed, Stark, Pym, and McCoy, but is constantly sidetracked. This was big during the silver age.

• Locked thread