Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
My FWP: I bought a new phone today (hooray upgrade time!) the brand new LG G5 that just dropped yesterday. Dang thing uses a USB-C charging cable instead of the standard micro USB I have tons of. Now I have to wait for an adapter I've ordered. Rassa Frassa....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Choco1980 posted:

My FWP: I bought a new phone today (hooray upgrade time!) the brand new LG G5 that just dropped yesterday. Dang thing uses a USB-C charging cable instead of the standard micro USB I have tons of. Now I have to wait for an adapter I've ordered. Rassa Frassa....

Oh man, now I'm glad I went with the S7 today instead of the G5, although it was the size and wireless charging that made my decision. And to the guy from the last page with the S5, pretty sure most wireless chargers work with any compatible device. I could use my Nexus 5 with the charger my boyfriend got with his S6, and I can use the S7 with the third party charger he ended up getting me.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Choco1980 posted:

My Nexus 6P came with two USB-A to USB-C cables (one short and one around 1.5 feet) and one USB-C charger (wall plug with a type C port, and a type C cable). That last one charges unbelievably fast.

What kind of phone manufacturer doesn't include at least one complete charger?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I asked my boyfriend to pick up toilet paper on his way home the other day, and not only did he buy the terrible scratchy single ply Scott poo poo, he bought a 24 pack of it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Bertrand Hustle posted:

My Nexus 6P came with two USB-A to USB-C cables (one short and one around 1.5 feet) and one USB-C charger (wall plug with a type C port, and a type C cable). That last one charges unbelievably fast.

What kind of phone manufacturer doesn't include at least one complete charger?

Oh it comes with a complete charger. I just mean I have a crap load of micro-usbs lying around from previous phones/other devices that won't work with my new phone until I get an adapter. I do think the modular hardware plan coming with the G5 is pretty keen though.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
It's 2pm on a Sunday and it's too hot to go for a walk. My friend has the flu so we can't hang out, and the hot wings I had for lunch were disappointing and slimy.

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
My vacation is over and have to go back to work tomorrow. Sunday nights are ruined just thinking about the five day work

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I cannot believe a copy of Windows 10 costs over $100. I was looking into making a small Intel NUC box to connect to my TV but they don't come with the OS.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mu Zeta posted:

I cannot believe a copy of Windows 10 costs over $100. I was looking into making a small Intel NUC box to connect to my TV but they don't come with the OS.

Unless you need something specific that's only available in Windows, go with Linux Mint instead.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I have no idea how to use Linux.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Mu Zeta posted:

It's super easy, the most complicated part is installing it but to do that there's plenty of guides around.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I bought a new remote to use with my Kodi media center but some the the commands are sent via RF (which the included adapter receives) and some are sent via IR which I don't have a receiver for on my PC I'm using as a media center.

Now I have to buy another receiver to use the up, down, left, right and OK buttons on the remote.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The Awful app updated and now the Dark theme isn't dark enough, and the only darker theme is too dark :qq:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
The baseball game I was gonna go to is now rained out and rescheduled for tomorrow. I can't go tomorrow and now I can either just eat the loss ($70) or make the 1.5 hour trip to drop them off at the Stubhub ticket office and pray that they sell for half that.

Sweet Calamity
Feb 15, 2008
Take nothing from nothing and you'll have nothing left.
I'm pretty sure I need to get my thyroid checked, but since my insurance changed, I need to find a new GP. I could ask my OB/GYN to check it or recommend a doctor, but :effort: My first world problem is I hate managing my healthcare so I avoid it. Damnit body, get your poo poo together so I don't have to.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Crow Jane posted:

I asked my boyfriend to pick up toilet paper on his way home the other day, and not only did he buy the terrible scratchy single ply Scott poo poo, he bought a 24 pack of it.

Sever.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Someone bought me another stupid avatar.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Thin Privilege posted:

Someone bought me another stupid avatar.

I hand-picked that tomato goddamnit

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I hand-picked that tomato goddamnit

:( It was a good tomato.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Mikl posted:

It's super easy, the most complicated part is installing it but to do that there's plenty of guides around.

Linux Mint is dead easy to use and install. You put the disc in and turn the computer on then follow the prompts, and once installed it's pretty much the same as Windows. There are a few quirks, but no more than switching between different versions of Windows. I actually use it because I find it way less hassle than Windows. Installing programs with the package manager is a bit of a difference, but likely everything you need will be already installed by default anyway, and it's not actually harder to find and install stuff, just different to what you're probably used to.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Linux Mint is dead easy to use and install. You put the disc in and turn the computer on then follow the prompts, and once installed it's pretty much the same as Windows. There are a few quirks, but no more than switching between different versions of Windows. I actually use it because I find it way less hassle than Windows. Installing programs with the package manager is a bit of a difference, but likely everything you need will be already installed by default anyway, and it's not actually harder to find and install stuff, just different to what you're probably used to.

Also it's free and can be run from the disc, so you can download and try it out without having to commit to it.

Edit: Whoops, quoted instead of editing.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Monday_ posted:

The baseball game I was gonna go to is now rained out and rescheduled for tomorrow. I can't go tomorrow and now I can either just eat the loss ($70) or make the 1.5 hour trip to drop them off at the Stubhub ticket office and pray that they sell for half that.

I'd like to go to the ballgame today, but the weather report is 80% sure it's going to rain.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Was cleaning up my backyard when an assassin bug flew into my face and squirted disgusting smelling bug juice all over my face before flying off.

There's a reason Spanish slang for those fuckers is Miones, translates directly as Pissers.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Sweet Calamity posted:

I'm pretty sure I need to get my thyroid checked, but since my insurance changed, I need to find a new GP. I could ask my OB/GYN to check it or recommend a doctor, but :effort: My first world problem is I hate managing my healthcare so I avoid it. Damnit body, get your poo poo together so I don't have to.

This, exactly. I have my first doctor's appointment in a year today, and it will involve new meds and blood tests and uggghhhh so much crap. drat you body.

Technically, I was paid on Friday, but for some reason Intuit's notice of such says I will not have money until Tuesday. WTF, why. This is the digital age, dammit.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I only ride my bike to work when it's nice out and not too cold. And since it's not below zero in the morning anymore I'm cycling again. But it is still that time of year where wearing shorts is still a nogo and I hate hate hate riding my bike wearing long pants. Also I don't want to change at work.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm wide awake and I don't want to be :(

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I bought a really great, well-made pair of knee-high boots at deep discount because of the time of year. As happy as I am about the score (something like a 90% discount, and they fit like they were made for me), I probably won't get to wear them much before next fall, and it makes me sad.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I live in an old building so I can't control the heat, and they've turned off the power to the radiators because it's "spring", but it's been snowing (what the gently caress, it's April, why is there snow?) and it's super cold and I have to wear socks.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

A guy was supposed to come to check the smoke alarms and replace the batteries today at eleven, so I decide to stay in bed till 10:45. The guy showed up at 10:45. Why even make an appointment if you're going to be 15 minutes early?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

My roommates used up all the ice. :negative:

Before anyone comments that only a poor person would run out of ice, we have a fridge with a built in ice maker. In the garage. Because we're all too lazy to install it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I pre-ordered Dark Souls 3 through Amazon because with Prime, it's got release-day shipping and was 20% off. Because I'm a giant nerd babby, I was going to take Wednesday off from work and play it till my eyeballs bleed.

But I canceled my Prime membership yesterday (was up for renewal today,) so my GF and I can share hers to save money. But that changed my pre-order to a "non-prime order" so now I'd have to pay the full price and not get it till Thursday.

And THEN we find out that you can't share her Amazon Prime account because it's a Student account, and she already renewed for a year last March and it's too late to cancel it (well...we can cancel it, but there's no refund, so no point in doing that.)

So I'll have to re-up mine for another year, and then possibly cancel and re-place my order so it will be at the discounted price and arrive Tuesday.

I could attempt to live a year without Prime, but in addition to the shipping, I do sometimes use the streaming aspects of it.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I want my roommate to move out, but I want it to be his decision to move out rather than kick him out so there's no tension.

uptown
May 16, 2009
I was maybe going to order a pair of Levi's jeans, but their website is an atrocious, user-unfriendly shitpile. so I guess not.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

nexus6 posted:

I want my roommate to move out, but I want it to be his decision to move out rather than kick him out so there's no tension.

You could try something like what they did in Better Call Saul - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxAqDph2r9Y

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I was sick most of yesterday, which took a lot out of me and I slept all day, off and on. This meant I couldn't sleep at all last night, so I'm exhausted.

To make matters worse, I really just want to go to sleep, but if I do, I'll be in the same up-all-night boat again tonight.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I just learned about the new Baldur's Gate controversy and now I'm really loving mad. I'm genuinely upset over how absolutely poo poo people are, even though it's really nothing I should be surprised at.

jeremiah johnson
Nov 3, 2007
I'm watching "The Mummy" on Netflix and just found out that all the hours I spent trying to see Anak-Su-Namun's nipple were wasted. It seems she was wearing some kind of pasties under the gold paint. :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I've been going twice a week to this workout class run by this really cool dude, the classes are tough as poo poo but really rewarding and I've been getting better at them in the last month or two. Before each set of exercises he calls on someone in the class to demo the lifts/movements/whatever and I keep looking at him like "call on me! Give me validation!" and he Just. Won't. Do it.

N-notice me senpai :negative:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm on holiday and as a result I'm doing a lot of walking. My feet loving huuuurt.

E: Unrelated, GilvaSunner got shut down.

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 09:27 on Apr 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I just learned about the new Baldur's Gate controversy and now I'm really loving mad. I'm genuinely upset over how absolutely poo poo people are, even though it's really nothing I should be surprised at.

What is it?