Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Logicblade posted:

I'm sure Reiji has like 8 separate ways of getting out of this "precarious" situation.

Assuming that Reiji has nothing like a simple MST, he can just:
Use Covenant with the Witch
Use Orthros Scale Ef
Use Siegfried Eff
Use Beowulf Eff
Use Kali Yuga Eff
Use Kaiser Eff
Use King Pedragon Eff (did you remember this card even existed)?

Also:
Leonidas Negates Burn
D'Arc heals him.

So scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Seriously though, they couldn't have given Jean more interesting cards than more Ancient Gears? Like I guess I should count my blessings that he didn't just summon more of those dumb Gear Hounds.

I really hope Leo doesn't have a Gear deck too.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Please.

E/E/E.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Personally I was hoping hed have more Earthbound Immortals.

Sergei has Earthbound Servants, Roger has Earthbpund Rulers. Makes sense.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 30, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
More than his cards I can't wait to see how ROGET scurries out of here :allears: dude has no loving chance and he's about to lose his own bargaining chip, this could just be his big finale and he ends up in jail or whatever but I really want him to just go full starscream and run to his Megatron and probably get experimented on or something.

Also quick echo on the rest of the thread: that duel was amazing, the payoff to Yuya's struggles was amazing. That play was excellent, long live the smiles i guess!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

More than his cards I can't wait to see how ROGET scurries out of here :allears: dude has no loving chance and he's about to lose his own bargaining chip, this could just be his big finale and he ends up in jail or whatever but I really want him to just go full starscream and run to his Megatron and probably get experimented on or something.

Jail? He's getting beat to death like Mr.Cyber bondage.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rudoku posted:

Jail? He's getting beat to death like Mr.Cyber bondage.

The Lancers don't kill. :colbert: except for Shun and Serena and I think Yuya that one time, and Reira was probably trained to kill and Reiji just let all those academia kids get murdered because he knew only Yuya and friends could be trusted...

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The Lancers don't kill. :colbert: except for Shun and Serena and I think Yuya that one time, and Reira was probably trained to kill and Reiji just let all those academia kids get murdered because he knew only Yuya and friends could be trusted...

I'm talking about what happens after the Lancers leave.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Xoidanor posted:

He hasn't...? I do remember him summoning them literally every duel.

DRXD/OERD uses since they came to synchro:

Vs. Jack (1): Summoned DRXD, lost.
Vs. Crow: Summoned DRXD, summoned OERD, won.
Vs. Obelisk Force: Summoned DRXD, won with it, OEPD and Enlightenment Paladin.
Vs. Barrett/Sergey: Summoned DRXD, summoned OERD, lost.

That's literally it.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
In other news, Kaiba Corp now has the majority of stocks of Shueisha.
The company's new focus is the Dueling World and development of dueling disc systems.
Not known if the previous owner jumped out of a window to his death.
http://www.shonenjump.com/j/20160401.pdf

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xs8jNel7rg

This is adorable. :3:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
new opening, lots of new characters, shun smiles for exactly half a second

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1tn7Uj34AY

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yuya, why on earth are you wearing Heelys.....

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Oh man.

Obvious spoilers for the first of this week's two episodes, but ROGER GETS loving WRECKED.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Dexie posted:

Oh man.

Obvious spoilers for the first of this week's two episodes, but ROGER GETS loving WRECKED.

The LP penalty was truly part of the Keikaku.

Warning:Episode 100 is a recap.
99 is amazing.
Next week, we get to start XYZ proper

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

JamMasterJim posted:

The LP penalty was truly part of the Keikaku.

I love it. That stupid LP penalty was a plan 60-ish episodes in the making. It's perfect. :allears:

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I really need to see the subs for this, but Roget hamming it up to the end was great fun. And of course, Reiji just throws out Turn One Kills like nothing. What a boss.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I don't get why people are getting excited. The Lancers still accomplished nothing.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Slur posted:

I don't get why people are getting excited. The Lancers still accomplished nothing.

And of course to kick off the new season, next weak two of them get jobbed hard. And you don't even need to see a preview to guess which two it's gonna be.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Slur posted:

It was less about them screwing up at recruiting people and more that they accidentally foiled Rogers plan to take over The City and put a new government in place. Sure, there will probably be chaos for a while, but I'm certain a mixed council will eventually set things right.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Slur posted:

I haven't seen the new episode yet but just from what happened last episode they stopped a civil war and accomplished their original goal of getting the Synchro Dimension as allies in the dimension war.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Never noticed this, but the designs for the Akaba family have a theme:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I noticed they were going for the cards things, but never thought that the parents' outfits were in the shapes of hearts and spades lol. Also, due to naming convention (Reiji being Diamond and using DDD while Reira has Clubs and uses CCC) we can expect the final duels to have some SSS and that's kinda rad.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Someone in the Japanese fandom posted an interesting theory.

Not sure how much merit it has, but the designs are wierdly similar.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So what you're telling me is that Kaito wasn't an 18 year old midget, but rather an 80 year old midget? lol nice

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Holy poo poo, Roger in the latest episode. :allears:

He gets owned by Reiji in a single turn. Summons an unending army of clones while gloating about his victory.
Reiji creates an auto combo that annihilates his clone army. Starts gloating about how Reiji was evil all along and he was a good guy.
Nobody believes this story because it's the loving stupidest lie ever. Gloats about how it doesn't matter and that he's already won.
The elevator he's on explodes and he falls 10 storys. Gets right back up and pushes a button to destroy the dimension, still loving gloating that he's the best.

And this is all happening as he quickly gets more and more insane.

I'm so loving sad to see him go. :(

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

You should have pre-faced that post with, SUBS ARE FINALLY OUT :dance:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I'm really hoping to find a batch of Sychro, I stopped keeping up with the series so me and a friend could watch it all together. the pain of downloading it 1 by 1

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Onmi posted:

I'm really hoping to find a batch of Sychro, I stopped keeping up with the series so me and a friend could watch it all together. the pain of downloading it 1 by 1

You'll find a streaming source within minutes if you go looking.:filez:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Xoidanor posted:

You'll find a streaming source within minutes if you go looking.:filez:

I rather just have it down on the computer, but yeah I'll figure something out.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I'm impressed with how much of Heartland cityscape they retained. They could have easily got right of all of it and come with with whatever they want, but instead they kept the tower and the massive wall for the park and everything.

I will miss Roger, though I'll hold out for him returning through his Xtreme (tm) Wormhole.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

PowerBeard posted:

I'm impressed with how much of Heartland cityscape they retained. They could have easily got right of all of it and come with with whatever they want, but instead they kept the tower and the massive wall for the park and everything.

I will miss Roger, though I'll hold out for him returning through his Xtreme (tm) Wormhole.

Stealth Roger cameo in Dark side of Dimensions.
More likely though he comes back, even more unhinged (which is good), and part of the 'real badguy's' minion squad.

As it stands the lack of character they've given Leo is not making me look forward to him as a capstone villain.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 8, 2016

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I'm sure they'll use this Arc to flesh Leo out as the main bad, unless they somehow find a way to host a tournament in the smouldering remains of Heartland.

Come to think of it, most of the main bad guys / gals have never really been fleshed out, it's more been the underlings.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm sure Heartland being destroyed was supposed to be a big dramatic moment but I couldn't help going "Burn, baby, BURN" and giggling.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

PowerBeard posted:

Come to think of it, most of the main bad guys / gals have never really been fleshed out, it's more been the underlings.

GX season 2, 3 and 4 all focused intensely on their respective season villains. Season 1 of 5Ds too I suppose.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Sadly I didn't get that same impression for GX (because I watched the Dubs) and they were far too busy making jokes about the Abridged Series to be taken seriously.

5Ds was a great step up though, it felt like they were willing to retain the storyline as best as possible.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I want Roger to come back from the hole between dimensions all mutated and body-horror-y and then have Yuzu kick his rear end.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Alternatively I want him to be a teacher at the You Show school while everything's going down, just scheming to himself as he fixes up the solid hologram machine thing while wearing gym shorts.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Regarding Kite in Arc-V:

They changed his deck! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

Regarding Kite in Arc-V:

They changed his deck! :argh:

Both Crow and Jack used zero cards from 5D's right?