Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Travis343 posted:

A toy kept in the package...that is true horror

I thought we bought 3. One to open, one to keep in the package, and one just in case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bushifox posted:

I thought we bought 3. One to open, one to keep in the package, and one just in case?

I want to start a Youtube channel where I do a review of really rare action figures but while I do it I slowly destroy then with a blowtorch with the hopes of pissing off a bunch of nerds. So what I'm saying is I buy four.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Louisgod posted:

I want to start a Youtube channel where I do a review of really rare action figures but while I do it I slowly destroy then with a blowtorch with the hopes of pissing off a bunch of nerds. So what I'm saying is I buy four.

if there were any way to make that profitable I would be right alongside you.

"here is a mint, generation one megatron. I paid $4800 USD for it. I paid $4 USD for this ball-peen hammer, let's see how long ol' megs lasts."

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Red Letter Media did a video where they melted a bunch of old Star Wars toys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1pn4bTAQWA

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Louisgod posted:

I want to do something similar, but except really badly opening the packages, and having an insane hosed up voice. Something grating and unnerving. Plinkett esq, if you will.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I have a G1 Jetfire and access to a drill press.

y/n?????

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Those aren't worth that much though, I want to see real nerd tears.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Those aren't worth that much though, I want to see real nerd tears.

You could always fake it pretty well. Like with Transformers you can get KOs.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Hahaha nice

I'd be more nonchalant about it. Go right into the review about how excited I am for the toy, how much I spent, maybe throw in a nostalgic anecdote about my Dad and how much it means to me, all while at random times grabbing the blowtorch and melting the loving thing, paying no mind to what I'm doing.

Please don't steal my idea, maybe I'll do it soon for this thread's entertainment

e: need to learn how to make videos first

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

One of the Transformers reviewers opened up something really old once and just tore it off the card like a champ and people got mad at him.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I always liked that fake video of some guys girlfriend and her friend breaking his Sideshow Scout Trooper PF, so many people bought that as real.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

therealjon_ posted:

One of the Transformers reviewers opened up something really old once and just tore it off the card like a champ and people got mad at him.

It was a G1 Bludgeon, that video's comments were amazing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's also the videos of notorious GPS Transformers being pulled out of their packages and crushed in-hand.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

There's also the videos of notorious GPS Transformers being pulled out of their packages and crushed in-hand.

AT least one of those that I've watched made the reviewer cry because he thought he was being super careful.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Please post these videos.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I put most of my Transformers in some big drawers in the playroom so that children can play with them. Admittedly, not the Jetfire or Omega Supreme, but a bunch of my who-gives-a-gently caress G1s (that Technobot who turns into a drill, e.g.) are right in there.

It owns.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Back in the 90s, Stone Cold Steve Austin had an article in Toyfare where he destroyed an action figure of Vince McMahon that Jakks had sent him as a joke. At one point he shot it with a cross bow.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Unmature posted:

Please post these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcjAUN5Ssj8

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Davros1 posted:

Back in the 90s, Stone Cold Steve Austin had an article in Toyfare where he destroyed an action figure of Vince McMahon that Jakks had sent him as a joke. At one point he shot it with a cross bow.

I still can't believe that at one point in the 90s we had multiple print magazines not only devoted to comic books but just to action figures.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Did the Star Wars Black Hux figure ever come out? I literally never seen him, but seen figures from waves after him. I figured he would be a peg warmer since he is just a imperial officer with a pistol, but I not seen a single one in the various stores in the area. The flametrooper for some reason is the new pegwarmer after Finn and the guy who only appears in a deleted scene.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rirse posted:

Did the Star Wars Black Hux figure ever come out? I literally never seen him, but seen figures from waves after him. I figured he would be a peg warmer since he is just a imperial officer with a pistol, but I not seen a single one in the various stores in the area. The flametrooper for some reason is the new pegwarmer after Finn and the guy who only appears in a deleted scene.

He did, not sure which wave though

I'm gonna go hunt for the new Luke figure in white garb and do a video review.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Louisgod posted:

Thinking about it, I never seen any of the other wave 4 characters. It like Indiana just got skipped that wave and got sent to Wave 5 instead.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I've just given up on the Black Series at this point - I am happy I got Kylo and a Stormtrooper but the line and the supplies can go gently caress themselves.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

This thread is just blackseries.txt at this point.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Louisgod posted:

I never saw them announce an Old Luke. Is that actually a thing?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

This thread is just blackseries.txt at this point.

Yeah, all 6 posts of it. Let's get back to the Hot Toys likeness rights discussion.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got THREE WWE belts today. They came with a Goldberg doll. I'm glad John Cena finally has something to hold.

I also got Miitomo.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah, all 6 posts of it. Let's get back to the Hot Toys likeness rights discussion.

Hey I'm just saying the line is and always has been rife with supply/distribution issues. I could read a dozen pages of bitching about it but it actually sucks that much.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Travis343 posted:

I still can't believe that at one point in the 90s we had multiple print magazines not only devoted to comic books but just to action figures.

I for one miss Combo alot. I wonder how hard it would to get old issues of that?

Endless Mike posted:

I got THREE WWE belts today. They came with a Goldberg doll. I'm glad John Cena finally has something to hold.

I also got Miitomo.

Nice! I still need to track down a Spinner Belt for my CM Punk figure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rirse posted:

Did the Star Wars Black Hux figure ever come out? I

Im in Berlin for a long weekend and I saw a few of him at a TRU here. I declined because his face looked barely painted.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I had to get cat supplies today and went to Wal-Mart. Since we touched upon BS (wont name it so people remain calm) I checked the toys.

StormFinn - Solo - Phasma

But the hype is dead. Plus I don't see the worth in $25 CAD for these guys, especially Han who looks like a booger.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

The_Doctor posted:

Im in Berlin for a long weekend and I saw a few of him at a TRU here. I declined because his face looked barely painted.

Yeah, it was pretty bad and what was worse was the sculpt, which Hasbro is usually pretty good on. They seemingly made no effort to get the likeness of Domnhall Gleeson, and it didn't help that they kept his officer cap on.

The Ahsoka wave should be hitting shelves now-ish. She looks really great, and is pretty highly sought after right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I saw Ahsoka yesterday. Didn't realize it was new.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

She's going to be this wave's Phasma.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ShimSham posted:

Yeah, it was pretty bad and what was worse was the sculpt, which Hasbro is usually pretty good on. They seemingly made no effort to get the likeness of Domnhall Gleeson, and it didn't help that they kept his officer cap on.

The Ahsoka wave should be hitting shelves now-ish. She looks really great, and is pretty highly sought after right now.

Yeah, much I mentioned Hux up there, I am not that worry about tracking him down, unlike IG88 and Leia as Bouskh, who I had to order from ebay (thankfully legit copies and not Stur Wurs bootlegs) because their wave never appeared due to all the stores not selling the Obi-Wan and Han Solo they got in.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

I wonder if the Vintage Collection Ahsoka price will drop now. It's close to $200. I think there are more carded TVC Ahsokas than loose.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I wonder if the Vintage Collection Ahsoka price will drop now. It's close to $200. I think there are more carded TVC Ahsokas than loose.

That's not even the rarest / most expensive Ahsoka figure... the one I wanted is :(

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That's not even the rarest / most expensive Ahsoka figure... the one I wanted is :(

I don't really know anything about Ahsoka since I've never read/seen anything that she is in so don't really care about the figure but what is the one that you are referring to?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I'm not sure if this qualifies for this thread, but I need to show off how good Masterpiece Optimus Primal looks.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What's the release date/MSRP for that Optimus? Any word on a Megatron?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Reinanigans posted:

What's the release date/MSRP for that Optimus? Any word on a Megatron?

September - 12,000 yen. No word on Megatron.

Edit: Pic of the Beast Mode, complete with all accessories

Also has light up LED eyes.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Apr 4, 2016