Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Holy poo poo, it is an edit. This changes everything (for the worse)

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

TwoPair posted:

Tell Optimus that Scooty-Puff Jr. SUUUUCKS!

In a thousand years, I'll get right on it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Crowetron posted:

Holy poo poo, it is an edit. This changes everything (for the worse)

I'm absolutely loving Colossus's fashion, though.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

MikeJF posted:

I'm absolutely loving Colossus's fashion, though.

Well, of course he knows how to accessorize :gay:

Or was this before that?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Well, of course he knows how to accessorize :gay:

Or was this before that?

That was Ultimate Universe Colossus, iceman is the one who is gay in normal continuity.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Not gonna lie, I love things like this. Reminds me of a Spider-man comic, I wanna say early 2000s? He was out on a stakeout and hadn't had time to eat dinner, so he was hungry, and he ran into a dude eating some popcorn on the fire stairs of his apartment, and asked him for some popcorn, and the dude was like "Man, only in New York, I love this city." Anyone remember what that issue was?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I really like that she asks him if he's the real one and he says yes, but he doesn't use his powers at any point in the comic until after she's gone. Every man can be a Spider-Man.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Does Spider carry Peter Parker's wallet everywhere or does he have a special coin purse for taking the subway?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I think I've seen him web up his personal effects in little caches when he changes, but it's comics, so there's probably ten different, conflicting answers. Personally, I vote spider-fanny-pack.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Travis343 posted:

That was Ultimate Universe Colossus, iceman is the one who is gay in normal continuity.
Also Ultimate Wolverine is bisexual and broke his heart AFAIK.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
I like the implication that spider is going to beat up the cat calllers

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Mikl posted:

Not gonna lie, I love things like this. Reminds me of a Spider-man comic, I wanna say early 2000s? He was out on a stakeout and hadn't had time to eat dinner, so he was hungry, and he ran into a dude eating some popcorn on the fire stairs of his apartment, and asked him for some popcorn, and the dude was like "Man, only in New York, I love this city." Anyone remember what that issue was?

ASM vol. 2 #40

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

Does Spider carry Peter Parker's wallet everywhere or does he have a special coin purse for taking the subway?

Well, he can probably tuck a Metrocard under his glove or something.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

hiddenriverninja posted:

Well sometimes he has to bum money off Franklin Richards.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Action Jacktion posted:

ASM vol. 2 #40

Thanks!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

hiddenriverninja posted:

There was one time he nicked money for a phone call off a beggar who was pretending to be blind.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Sometimes he just borrows money from Franklin Richards.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Saga #35

I don't think these need much context even if you aren't reading Saga.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 3, 2016

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Was it too much effort to throw the issue # at the top of the post for people who aren't current?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It was at the bottom of pictures that are minimized. It also doesn't spoil much of anything. Fair enough, though, moved the issue mention to the top.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Well sometimes he has to bum money off Franklin Richards.

Uthor posted:

Sometimes he just borrows money from Franklin Richards.

This was such a perfect Spidey moment, since it comes in the middle of him trying to console Franklin after Johnny's (apparent) death.

Edit: The Gwen Stacy clone behind him looks pissed off.

Speaking of which, I don't much about Spidey-Gwen, but I dig the Parker-esque luck she seems to have:

From Radioactive Spider-Gwen #1

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 3, 2016

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Mikl posted:

JMS's Spider-Man was full of those kind of humanizing moments. My favorite was him talking to an old guy who said he's a New Yorker and Spidey asking how he knows that and the guy was "Ask me again in that thick Queens accent how I know you're from New York." Also Spider-Man not having a driver's license because he got his powers in high school and just swings everywhere :haw:

Wish I knew the issues

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

DarkCrawler posted:

JMS's Spider-Man was full of those kind of humanizing moments. My favorite was him talking to an old guy who said he's a New Yorker and Spidey asking how he knows that and the guy was "Ask me again in that thick Queens accent how I know you're from New York." Also Spider-Man not having a driver's license because he got his powers in high school and just swings everywhere :haw:

Wish I knew the issues

Well, that last one does have some history behind it:

(Marvel Team-Up #88)

Of course, he eventually learned -- in ASM #577 Peter is trying to pick up a few bucks by learning to be a cabbie, and not being much good at it because he keeps forgetting his cab can't web-swing over buildings.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 3, 2016

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Selachian posted:

Of course, he eventually learned -- in ASM #577 Peter is trying to pick up a few bucks by learning to be a cabbie, and not being much good at it because he keeps forgetting his cab can't web-swing over buildings.

Now I wanna see an updated story where Spider-Man uses his Spider Buggy while driving for Uber.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Uthor posted:

Now I wanna see an updated story where Spider-Man uses his Spider Buggy while driving for Uber.

The Uberior Spider-Man

Unrelated:

"Dear god, where did those *come* from? And what dire magics are keeping my spine from snapping?"

(Elektra #3, 1997)

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 3, 2016

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

DarkCrawler posted:

My favorite was him talking to an old guy who said he's a New Yorker and Spidey asking how he knows that and the guy was "Ask me again in that thick Queens accent how I know you're from New York."

Wait...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5p2wxnN6SQ

:stare: Spider-man has become even more Amazing.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Doc Hawkins posted:

Wait...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5p2wxnN6SQ

:stare: Spider-man has become even more Amazing.

I dunno, it just ruined every Spider-Man product I've ever seen. :sigh:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

DarkCrawler posted:

Wish I knew the issues

To be fair, like half of the population of New York never learns how to drive in their life.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

trashbuilder posted:

Incorrect, best batman is just sitting batman

Last panels I saw of this, Hal became a God as well but realized that being a God sucks, and went off to convince Batman to stop being a God as well. Am I correct in guessing that (once again) Bruce doesn't understand/accept the words of his betters, and he's still in the God Chair?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

How can Hal be better if he isn't a god? Checkmate, athetits

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hal Jordan fanboys and Batman fanboys should all meet in a pit and fight to the death.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

Last panels I saw of this, Hal became a God as well but realized that being a God sucks, and went off to convince Batman to stop being a God as well. Am I correct in guessing that (once again) Bruce doesn't understand/accept the words of his betters, and he's still in the God Chair?

This implies Batmans better is a man with the IQ of a guacamole

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

It was at the bottom of pictures that are minimized. It also doesn't spoil much of anything. Fair enough, though, moved the issue mention to the top.

Thank you, no sarcasm intended this time.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

WickedHate posted:

Hal Jordan fanboys and Batman fanboys should all meet in a pit and fight to the death.

I feel like Geoff Jones isn't gonna be able to take that many dudes at once.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Phylodox posted:

I think I've seen him web up his personal effects in little caches when he changes, but it's comics, so there's probably ten different, conflicting answers. Personally, I vote spider-fanny-pack.

I vote the MTA has a special Spider-Man clause where if the person in the spandex can climb across the roof to cross the turnstiles then they are either the real Spider-Man or someone who spent way too much money to figure it out and thus likely a future super villain so just let them through.

This special clause makes J.J.J. FURIOUS. That's why he hates Spidey, because he's a freeloading fare jumper.

edit: I don't know the source, I just binged Jameson hates Spidey because he is black.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 4, 2016

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Binged. Never even though how awkward that was as a past tense verb.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

edit: I don't know the source, I just binged Jameson hates Spidey because he is black.
bung

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

CannonFodder posted:

I vote the MTA has a special Spider-Man clause where if the person in the spandex can climb across the roof to cross the turnstiles then they are either the real Spider-Man or someone who spent way too much money to figure it out and thus likely a future super villain so just let them through.

This special clause makes J.J.J. FURIOUS. That's why he hates Spidey, because he's a freeloading fare jumper.

That's actually from She-Hulk Vol1 Issue 4. She- Hulk's partner is representing Spider-Man pro bono in a lawsuit against JJJ for libel. Spider-Man would have won too but the lawyer decided to include Peter Parker in the lawsuit and Spider-Man ended up settling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

hiddenriverninja posted:

I dunno, it just ruined every Spider-Man product I've ever seen. :sigh:

Imagining Peter living with Frank and Estelle Costanza is both improving and ruining Spider-Man for me