Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Angry Birds game called Angry Birds Action! currently doing the soft launch rounds before the movie comes out. Unlike some of the more recent spin-offs, this one returns to the bird catapulting action but from a top down perspective. It seems interesting but the lag is pretty bad on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Why am I so antsy about getting to play this stupid Miitomo thing. They updated it and it still just crashes on my phone. I guess I still have a bit of my inner fanboy left over from when I was a kid :haw:

I think a lot of other people must be having issues too, because yesterday I watched the app rating on Play go down quite a bit. it started at like 4.2 and kept slipping to where it is now, at 3.7.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

delfin posted:

I'm also curious about this. I burned out on Brave Frontier in a big way, but I'm still plugging away on PAD and Shironeko and debating if I want to try Summoners War. I only have so many hatpin-to-the-frontal-lobe hours in my day, and the word "Mobage" gives me some shrieking Fantasica flashbacks.

Never really gotten into BF and the youtube videos I've seen doesn't seem to show much on the UI aside from status and consumables?

But theres probably some similarities in GBF, although your characters typically have 3 abilities. Alot of the combat is getting debuffs on bosses, staggering their special attacks with either gravity/delay effects, forcing them into overdrive then forcing them out of that into break state where their specials won't charge up for awhile.

The general production value in GBF really hooked me, it feels like theres way more invested into the thing for a mobile game.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 1, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Why am I so antsy about getting to play this stupid Miitomo thing. They updated it and it still just crashes on my phone. I guess I still have a bit of my inner fanboy left over from when I was a kid :haw:

I think a lot of other people must be having issues too, because yesterday I watched the app rating on Play go down quite a bit. it started at like 4.2 and kept slipping to where it is now, at 3.7.

There's not a whole lot to it. You make a Mii like you would on the Wii and play dress-up and a couple minigames for outfits you'll never put on, and you can visit your friends.. I'm hoping they add SOMETHING to it soon, because this is a poor first mobile outing for Nintendo.

I hope Nintendo does what everyone really wants and puts out some sort of Mario RPG card battler or something.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

New Leaf posted:

There's not a whole lot to it. You make a Mii like you would on the Wii and play dress-up and a couple minigames for outfits you'll never put on, and you can visit your friends.. I'm hoping they add SOMETHING to it soon, because this is a poor first mobile outing for Nintendo.

I hope Nintendo does what everyone really wants and puts out some sort of Mario RPG card battler or something.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

New Leaf posted:

I think it's fine for what they wanted: a social app where you dress up your mii and get stuff for your Nintendo account. They didn't want to make Mario Mobile, thy wanted this app thing.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

As history major I have seen pictures like this a hundred times, but seeing these pictures with a miitomo has made it more real.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

There's a new Angry Birds game called Angry Birds Action! currently doing the soft launch rounds before the movie comes out. Unlike some of the more recent spin-offs, this one returns to the bird catapulting action but from a top down perspective. It seems interesting but the lag is pretty bad on my phone.

Great fun but yeah. It lags a lot. LG G4

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Okay this is app of all time

Edit: one more. There should be a thread for these.

Commie Lasorda fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 2, 2016

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Drakes posted:

I thought the silly diner event thing was the April fools thing for Granblue, nope. This banner sprung up earlier:

Manboat theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UTQUxwHNUQ&t=643s
That dragon , theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UTQUxwHNUQ&t=957s

Really up to you honestly, you'll definitely have a quicker start with more SSR characters otherwise you'll be relying on the slow trickle of event SRs to fill your roster. Satyr is a pretty mediocre summon as well.

I got Sophia and Catalina. Now do I keep the account? :v: This is my box of characters currently.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I decided on going with Fishing Break, felt like a really solid game recommended from a few pages back. I'm kind of shocked no one has released Sid Meiers Pirates! on the android yet. I guess they just don't want heaping piles of money?

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012

SO HERE I AM DOING EVERYTHING I CAN... DOING EVERYTHING I CAN TO PRETEND THAT IM YOUR SUPERMAN!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Tsurupettan posted:

I got Sophia and Catalina. Now do I keep the account? :v: This is my box of characters currently.

Well SSR Catalina is this fantastic all-rounder, only weak point being her damage cut is spammy but weak so its poor for soaking big boss hits. And damage cuts won't stack with other damage cuts, but she can definitely carry you for awhile! Now Sophia is kinda mediocre until you run into more difficult stuff, you kinda sit her in the subs till things go horribly wrong. Then you attempt to res/heal and hope things wind up alright. The SR dark guy is good, one of the few SRs that can hit 5*.

Not a really strong line-up for starting out, but you can probably work things out overtime.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
This is after 3 days of rolls, how's this looking so far?

I also got a Baal which is my only SSR summon thus far

Geektox fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Apr 2, 2016

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
So I flipped and find this Mii game fun.

Send out your QR codes and let's do this

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

So I flipped and find this Mii game fun.

Send out your QR codes and let's do this

I might be mistaken, but QR codes aren't used to make friends, they're used to create a copy of a Mii that someone else makes. Let's say I make a perfect Christopher Walken Mii, I'd post the QR code here so everyone could have one, but those wouldn't be friend requests.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a Miitomo thread for anyone looking for friends.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
On the subject, it looks like the most recent Miitomo update removed the root check or whatever was crashing it. It works fine on my rooted Nexus 5 now.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is it still boring?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Its first and foremost a social media app, so it becomes a lot more compelling the more friends you rope into it. Also I learnt something cool about cat skulls through it :3

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 3, 2016

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Here's where I'm at so far with my shiny free Granblue summons:

Also what do I do with lovely weapons, how do I sell or merge them or something? Running out of room to be able to take out my SR/SSR weapons from my mailbox.

[Edit]

No idea if it was a good idea or not, but freed up some space!

[Edit2] Apparently the Water dude I got is Altair, who's supposed to be a good starter/dash pick, so that's cool. Not that Petra or Narumeia are bad either.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 3, 2016

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Pudding Huxtable posted:

NWS

NWS

Okay this is app of all time

Edit: one more. There should be a thread for these.

NWS

A thing that I saw a commercial of and thought nothing but bad things is actually a good thing holy crap thanks for these lol!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Theres some tier lists if you want an idea of how effective your characters maybe, some is down to opinion but they'll give you an idea of things.
SSR https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cC4nqQyLQ8VsZUHH8wDCvxzAfdwwrAKfLwvxV1GgXqU/edit#gid=0
SR https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NSmJ_7odu2jFgaTse3Hdohc7nlKXbUoh5kl-l7A0f70/edit#gid=0

DemonMage posted:

Here's where I'm at so far with my shiny free Granblue summons:

Also what do I do with lovely weapons, how do I sell or merge them or something? Running out of room to be able to take out my SR/SSR weapons from my mailbox.

[Edit]

No idea if it was a good idea or not, but freed up some space!

[Edit2] Apparently the Water dude I got is Altair, who's supposed to be a good starter/dash pick, so that's cool. Not that Petra or Narumeia are bad either.

I think the amazing things you've got going is the number of great SRs you've rolled into, very few SRs can limit break to 5* and you've got 4 of them right there!

You should break down SR weapons from gacha for upgrade materials that'll be used later, but that costs currency and if you aren't really playing yet you'll barely have any. If you've got 500+ crystals you can purchase storage with 100 slots for dumping skill up fodder into, R gacha weapons should go there!

edit: Theres an event SR character if you go into the event banner then whatever button is around the middle. You'll have to stick him into your party and grind his loyalty up abit so he'll stick around after the event is over. He seems super gimmicky and may not be all that great.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 3, 2016

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Meowbot posted:

A thing that I saw a commercial of and thought nothing but bad things is actually a good thing holy crap thanks for these lol!

how are these nws lol

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Drakes posted:

You should break down SR weapons from gacha for upgrade materials that'll be used later, but that costs currency and if you aren't really playing yet you'll barely have any. If you've got 500+ crystals you can purchase storage with 100 slots for dumping skill up fodder into, R gacha weapons should go there!

Where can you do that at? I've got around 900 right now, was just gonna save them up for another 3k summon at some point, but storage seems like a good idea. Only another week until I can actually read the interface!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

DemonMage posted:

Where can you do that at? I've got around 900 right now, was just gonna save them up for another 3k summon at some point, but storage seems like a good idea. Only another week until I can actually read the interface!

Hit menu in the right, theres a list under ITEMS label, hit the middle button. Theres a button on the frontpage with your crystal amount, thats the crystal shop, scroll down to the chained up wardrobe with the blue background for 500 crystals.

If you're on chrome you can google translate alot of the text for a rough idea of whats what, formatting gets all werid etc.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah I've been using the chrome app, as it looks better than the developer console bullshit, but does lack the ability to translate. Thanks.

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.

O__O posted:

how are these nws lol

You mean other than the people working in the towers?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Newfie posted:

:vince:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Newfie posted:

Holy poo poo.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Newfie posted:

What am I missing here?

Edit: nevermind, I was looking at the wrong post.

GodspeedSphere fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 3, 2016

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Newfie posted:

:thurman:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

GodspeedSphere posted:

What am I missing here?

Found the guy that forgot.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

GodspeedSphere posted:

What am I missing here?

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Newfie posted:

:cheerdoge:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The English version of the mobile only Kingdom Hearts Unchained X will apparently be out this Thursday (in North America at least).

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

mrkillboy posted:

The English version of the mobile only Kingdom Hearts Unchained X will apparently be out this Thursday (in North America at least).

So how long before it's completely incompatible with the latest android OS update and Square Enix refuses to update it? I'm putting my money on five months.

Edit: Oh wait it's f2p never mind, this'll be a moneymaker for sure and will be updated.

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

I thought it was a weak KH name, but turns out it's χ (chi) instead of X. On a scale of kh1-kh2 how crazy is the story?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey so this game I know absolutely nothing about that looks really shiny and isn't freemium (free missions + one time full unlock) went from 10 dollars to unlock to 2 dollars. Potentially worth checking out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rayark.implosion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Dancer posted:

Hey so this game I know absolutely nothing about that looks really shiny and isn't freemium (free missions + one time full unlock) went from 10 dollars to unlock to 2 dollars. Potentially worth checking out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rayark.implosion

I played this last year and all I remember was that it turned super grindy early on