Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

No one mentioning Allison defeating Mottom with a sick burn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Literally everybody in the k6bd thread. :goleft:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

Poppy O'Possum did another April Fool's thing, and the alt text is hinting at the last time it did this.

I think the real reveal is this is the first time we've seen "Steel Heel" Ofelia in anything other than silhouette. I didn't even know she was a possum.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Oxxidation posted:

I think the real reveal is this is the first time we've seen "Steel Heel" Ofelia in anything other than silhouette. I didn't even know she was a possum.

She had a bit more lore about her gathered from q&as somewhere across the internet. She's a short tailed possum bounty hunter who became infamous for utterly wrecking the poo poo out of a mafia family that killed her husband. May or may not have some degree of Poppyesque freakish strength too, but I heard that part from another source and they could have been guessing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's really quite impressive how unnerving Lackadaisy manages to be for a cute comic about moonshine cats.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

It's really quite impressive how unnerving Lackadaisy manages to be for a cute comic about moonshine cats.

I remember when Tracy was posting her first sketches of the series (I was still in high school then, Jesus Christ) and it was still this silly, cartoony little thing about moonshinin' cats with guns and Rocky's antics were straight comedy relief.

Now it's a look at the nastier side of Prohibition-era bootlegging affairs focusing on a small cast of broken, directionless people trying to hold on to the few scraps of influence they have in a business they've long since lost, even as it kills them a little more every day. With cats.

e: it's especially jarring contrasted with her side comics, where Rocky and Mordecai are still a zany goofball and a dour straight man rather than a desperate, friendless miscreant with a head wound and a death wish, and a slightly lighter take on Anton Chigurh.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 2, 2016

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Oxxidation posted:

I remember when Tracy was posting her first sketches of the series (I was still in high school then, Jesus Christ) and it was still this silly, cartoony little thing about moonshinin' cats with guns and Rocky's antics were straight comedy relief.

Now it's a look at the nastier side of Prohibition-era bootlegging affairs focusing on a small cast of broken, directionless people trying to hold on to the few scraps of influence they have in a business they've long since lost, even as it kills them a little more every day. With cats.

And it's pretty much a given at this point that some and even most of this lovable cast of oddballs are going to get killed, and it's only a matter of who.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

i'm just glad she didn't go with the human versions she draws sometimes, who all look about thirteen years old

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
So Mary Cagle (Kiwi Blitz, Let's Speak English, Sleepless Domain) is back in the states and ready to get back into Kiwi Blitz, and she's got what seems like a crazy schedule plan. I'm looking forward to it.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
Eyy folks, my own li'l comic featuring a demon had a massive website revamp. The latest comic is kinda April Foolsy although that wasn't really the intent. Most importantly, though, I got a new collaborator and she is just so good at things, so we're expecting to do a lot of good this year.
Like Miss Cagle, I plan to start doing about 4 different series this year, but I still got problems wrt having the attention span of a ferret, so who knows. I'll try my best, though.

BTW, Bea, your April Fools page was amazing, and I can't believe someone else has heard of Lynch's comic, holy poo poo

edit: oh right, I should mention my comic is :nws:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Huh, didn't know you had an account here. Makes it easier to say thanks for the comics at least!

Fwiw I'd have been perfectly happy to see You Suck continue with sketches, if it was a choice between that and it never updating again. Then again I also felt the One Punch Man redraw was mostly unnecessary (not to be ungrateful, but), sooooo definitely don't take my aesthetic opinions too seriously.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Is this an advertisement for that game where you play as a dad who has to keep a baby from killing itself?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

Is this an advertisement for that game where you play as a dad who has to keep a baby from killing itself?

Not that I am aware of.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

i'm just glad she didn't go with the human versions she draws sometimes, who all look about thirteen years old

they all seem like they're appropriately-aged to me http://lackadaisy.foxprints.com/exhibit.php?exhibitid=328 :shrug:

Rocky is only like 23, while Ivy and Freckle are 18. And Freckle is supposed to be baby-faced on top of that.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

SuperHappy posted:

Eyy folks, my own li'l comic featuring a demon had a massive website revamp. The latest comic is kinda April Foolsy although that wasn't really the intent. Most importantly, though, I got a new collaborator and she is just so good at things, so we're expecting to do a lot of good this year.
Like Miss Cagle, I plan to start doing about 4 different series this year, but I still got problems wrt having the attention span of a ferret, so who knows. I'll try my best, though.

BTW, Bea, your April Fools page was amazing, and I can't believe someone else has heard of Lynch's comic, holy poo poo

drat that's a lovely comic

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands

Renaissance Robot posted:

Huh, didn't know you had an account here. Makes it easier to say thanks for the comics at least!

Fwiw I'd have been perfectly happy to see You Suck continue with sketches, if it was a choice between that and it never updating again. Then again I also felt the One Punch Man redraw was mostly unnecessary (not to be ungrateful, but), sooooo definitely don't take my aesthetic opinions too seriously.

There was a period on SA about a decade ago when webcartoonists all over would post in these threads. They've since spread out, and I'm mostly sticking around to talk about Final Fantasy Record Keeper, but that's just how it is. I still like to pop in here every once in a while though... Still alive and all that.

I'll be switching back to sketches if it comes to it, as folks didn't seem to mind it. It's nice to know the option's there, since it's a comic I'd like to always be working on in some way... even if I have to switch 99% of my focus to Slipshine comics, where payment is more guaranteed. It's a bummer, but we can only devote so much time to comics that don't pay off these days; this redesign and such is kind of the final push... :sweatdrop:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

SuperHappy posted:

Oh hey, I was trying to remember the name of this just the other day.

I love Izzy's triangle-speak, it's oddly cheerful. Is it actually some kind of complex cipher, or is it just whatever you feel like drawing in there?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Atheris posted:

Both Lackadaisy and Ava's Demon have updated.

This isn't an April Fool's joke, they really have.

Goddamn Lackadaisy is gorgeous.

Ever since she started using more colors than just sepia, the story has been worth following for the art alone.

a bloody icon
Apr 22, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

rude.

hard to believe what birds know is on the home stretch, I've been following it since I was like 13

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND

SuperHappy posted:

I just saw this and I cannot loving believe we made the exact same joke based on the exact same scene for April Fools
That is eerie.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

drat that's a lovely post

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
That is a hell of a face you are making there Poppy. :catstare:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i suppose fantomet's fairly lucky poppy didn't put her best foot forward at that rate

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

That is a hell of a face you are making there Poppy. :catstare:

The key to a proper handshake - firm grip, wide smile, killing intent.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

a bloody icon posted:

rude.

hard to believe what birds know is on the home stretch, I've been following it since I was like 13

Oooh that comic is still around, I thought it went on a hiatus or something similar.

I kinda wonder if there's any other comics I've missed recently because I thought they stopped updating :(

Not So Fast fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 5, 2016

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
Oh no it's that thing: http://bunnymeat.webcomic.ws/comics/25/

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

O-okay. :(

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Oh yay it's that thing!

This one reminded me that the last three comics were from the same person. I want this person to write an autobiography.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jesus Christ.

Pavlov posted:

This one reminded me that the last three comics were from the same person.

Jesus Christ.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

I see.

Pavlov posted:

Oh yay it's that thing!

This one reminded me that the last three comics were from the same person. I want this person to write an autobiography.

drat

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pavlov posted:

Oh yay it's that thing!

this is a crucial piece of information, goddamn

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
This one really reminds me of the opening to Binding of Isaac for some reason.

Probably the certifiable mother and getting shut in the basement.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It mentions that fact in the first panel of each one. I skipped over it too until Pavlov's post got me to look back.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Pavlov posted:

Oh yay it's that thing!

Good catch!

I have five more from that guy, and I'll be posting each of them in order. He originally sent 10 but I had to reject two of them for being too violent.

Nivose is from the Philippines and his mother is a diagnosed schizophrenic. I don't know much about how his life is now but he said this whole Bunny Meat process has been very therapeutic.

He drew some pictures for me:

That last picture stood out for me because I've already seen those flowers before in a painting I have on my living room wall:

This was given to me by a coworker who made it while receiving schizophrenia treatment as a teenager. He was doing great now with medication and family support and wanted to get rid of his old artwork because he found them upsetting.

Mental illness, man. It's a bitch.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Plethora posted:

That last picture stood out for me because I've already seen those flowers before in a painting I have on my living room wall:

This was given to me by a coworker who made it while receiving schizophrenia treatment as a teenager.

The image link doesn't work for me. Trying to go directly to its url gives me DeviantArt's 404 page. Could you rehost?

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Cat Mattress posted:

The image link doesn't work for me. Trying to go directly to its url gives me DeviantArt's 404 page. Could you rehost?

Sure thing.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

Plethora posted:

Nivose is from the Philippines and his mother is a diagnosed schizophrenic.

Called it!

I'm glad this has been cathartic for him too.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Pavlov posted:

I'm glad this has been cathartic for him too.

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

It's a good example of the value of morbidity in art.

The two classic genres of storytelling are comedy and tragedy. The world has enough comic strips, I think it could use some more tragic strips.

• Locked thread