Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

comper posted:

I mean, anyone's battery life will be pretty amazing if they hardly use their phone at all while at work all day as it seems like you do. Even my 6S+ would be around 70% after a 9-5 work day in an office with good reception.

Well also I sit across from a window where kitty corner there is a cell tower array so I guess that helps too. Still, it's pretty neat to have 100% after ~5 hours of standby time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Fun and pointless fact but I've literally never seen my 6s+ out of battery after four months of owning it.

Same.

Thank you Apple brand saddle brown leather case by Apple

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

gently caress this gay 6S, I need an se
Sell me your 6S.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Josh Lyman posted:

Sell me your 6S.

What's going rate? It's got an insanely sick saddle brown leather case in it.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Right now you can now only buy a 64gb SE if you're into rose white. Stupid media told me the response to this phone was tepid but it turns out everyone's sold out. Here I was thinking the days of this kind of thing were over.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dr. Lariat posted:

Right now you can now only buy a 64gb SE if you're into rose white. Stupid media told me the response to this phone was tepid but it turns out everyone's sold out. Here I was thinking the days of this kind of thing were over.
The only thing that gets more pageviews than a new Apple product launch is doomsaying a new Apple product launch.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dr. Lariat posted:

Fyi apple is DONE ok? washed out and wiped up.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Went to the fruit stand to check out the SE and wow, I'm ditching my 6S as soon as possible. Talked to about a dozen other people who are planning on doing the same thing.

Unfortunately, as soon as possible appears to be three weeks from now :argh: .

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

Come back to the darker and significantly smaller side.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the se is my new favorite phone ever and i mean that

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
I like my space grey Apple iPhone 6S+ with an Apple black leather case. :cool:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The 6s is the perfect size

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

ethanol posted:

Having cycled through all three sizes in rapid succession, I found the 4.7" form factor to be pretty worthless. It's a pile of annoyances in exchange for a minor increase in screen size. Go SE if you want portability, or straight to the 6S Plus if you don't mind physically micromanaging your phone.

I'd totally buy an iPod Touch Plus if they didn't skimp on the panel, though.

Also the Space Grey SE looks kinda hideous compared to the 5, I broke down and wrapped a piece of dead animal around it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Lazyhound posted:

Having cycled through all three sizes in rapid succession, I found the 4.7" form factor to be pretty worthless. It's a pile of annoyances in exchange for a minor increase in screen size. Go SE if you want portability, or straight to the 6S Plus if you don't mind physically micromanaging your phone.

I'd totally buy an iPod Touch Plus if they didn't skimp on the panel, though.

Also the Space Grey SE looks kinda hideous compared to the 5, I broke down and wrapped a piece of dead animal around it.

same except the opposite of all of this

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I still find my 6 is the size I never knew I wanted. Using an older phone afterwards just always felt so cramped in comparison. As awesome as everyone selling the SE makes it sound, I think I'd miss my daft jumbo phone too much.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

I still find my 6 is the size I never knew I wanted. Using an older phone afterwards just always felt so cramped in comparison. As awesome as everyone selling the SE makes it sound, I think I'd miss my daft jumbo phone too much.
I thought the 5 was the perfect size, but I would still Internet in bed with my laptop.

Since getting a launch day 6, I pretty do everything on my phone. I just wish my hands were bigger. :(

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

What's going rate? It's got an insanely sick saddle brown leather case in it.

This is the correct case for that poster. It's now a trend.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Suqit posted:

This is the correct case for that poster. It's now a trend.

😎💯💸🇺🇸🌚

BobbyDrake
Mar 13, 2005

My wife is having a strange problem with her 6S. If she misses a call, to get the voicemail, she has to restart the phone. She's only had it since November. Is this a fruit stand problem, or is this an AT&T problem?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got an SE today. The Touch ID is definitely slower than my 6S.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Yeah, it's an annoying regression.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Walmart is offering $100 off all iPhones for the next 3 months, including the SE. Only applies in store to payment plan phone on Verizon, Sprint and ATT.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/01/technology/walmart-iphone/index.html?iid=hp-stack-dom

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Did they change the color of the orange silicone case? I tried to exchange mine for a broken off corner and the only options they had at the store were a pinker orange and a red.

(They said the corner wasn't actually covered under the warranty but were willing to exchange it anyway but I like the color of mine more than I want a non broken one.)

Edit: I guess they had Apricot and Red in stock but not Orange. Too many colors!

smackfu fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 3, 2016

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

TheWevel posted:

I like my space grey Apple iPhone 6S+ with an Apple black leather case. :cool:

Rock on subtle but stylish buddy :cool:

(non plus here though)

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Why the gently caress does resetting my network settings on my phone also delete all the wifi passwords on my laptop? Who thought that was a smart idea?

Is there any way to recover them?

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

dik-dik posted:

Why the gently caress does resetting my network settings on my phone also delete all the wifi passwords on my laptop? Who thought that was a smart idea?

Is there any way to recover them?

Do you have iCloud keychain enabled? It probably synced the deletions.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

ethanol posted:

The 6s is too big, I regret buying it in December. I'd have been way happier going from a 5s to a 6SE.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The iPhone 7 is going to be the sexiest phone ever made and I'm going to buy it (and the Brown Leather Case) day 1 and make fun of everyone with a silly SE. It's going to be pretty great.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

BGrifter posted:

The 6s is too big, I regret buying it in December. I'd have been way happier going from a 5s to a 6SE.

Assuming it's in decent shape you could sell your 6S and buy an SE. Apparently Walmart is selling them for $300.

dik-dik fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 3, 2016

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The iPhone 7 is going to be the sexiest phone ever made and I'm going to buy it (and the Brown Leather Case) day 1 and make fun of everyone with a silly SE. It's going to be pretty great.

A 6SE sized 7 would be the best thing ever.

dik-dik posted:

Assuming it's in decent shape you could sell your 6S and by an SE. Apparently Walmart is selling them for $300.

I'm really tempted. It's a hassle selling/buying a new one, but having a normal sized phone again would be very nice.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Just sell it on Swappa. I've used them a few times (both buying and selling) and it's really not that bad. Also fyi it's just called SE not 6SE.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

dik-dik posted:

Just sell it on Swappa. I've used them a few times (both buying and selling) and it's really not that bad. Also fyi it's just called SE not 6SE.

I'm sure that's going to last.

Posted from The New iPad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

smackfu posted:

Did they change the color of the orange silicone case? I tried to exchange mine for a broken off corner and the only options they had at the store were a pinker orange and a red.

(They said the corner wasn't actually covered under the warranty but were willing to exchange it anyway but I like the color of mine more than I want a non broken one.)

Edit: I guess they had Apricot and Red in stock but not Orange. Too many colors!

Looks like they don't have orange anymore.

They knew it was just too stylish for the majority of the proles that buy their phones, and replaced it with apricot. It's a shame, but at least we will always know who has excellent taste in phone cases and definitely are not pedophiles.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
My 6 has been getting super hot recently when using it fairly normally. I probably wouldn't be able to hold it if it didn't have a case on it. Also battery has been poo poo recently.

Time to cash in AppleCare for a new battery?

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Is it common/normal for the phone to shut off due to low battery at anything other than 0%.

Other day said I had 9% then shut off due to low battery. Then earlier today had 5 or so % then shut off.

Iphone 6.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

CancerStick posted:

Is it common/normal for the phone to shut off due to low battery at anything other than 0%.

Other day said I had 9% then shut off due to low battery. Then earlier today had 5 or so % then shut off.

Iphone 6.

My 6s has been doing poo poo like this for a while now, thinking about taking it in.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cheese eats mouse posted:

My 6 has been getting super hot recently when using it fairly normally. I probably wouldn't be able to hold it if it didn't have a case on it. Also battery has been poo poo recently.

Time to cash in AppleCare for a new battery?
If it's really that bad, it might be a warranty replacement, anyway. May as well take it in and have a battery diagnostic run. (I think you can even do this from home.)

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

My 6s has been doing poo poo like this for a while now, thinking about taking it in.

Yeah. One more question. If this phone is an on contract phone through Verizon do I go to Verizon for help or Apple Store? Always see people talking about going to the Apple store on here but never sure if it's people that bought their phone outright. Used to Android where I always had to go to my carrier store by default.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.
Why the gently caress are the only two options "select another network" or "use without Internet" when your phone auto connects to a wifi that has a splash screen to connect? If I'm in the middle of something I either have to authenticate to that wifi or be forced into settings to quit out and go back to Safari.

This is my number one complaint with iOS. I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

CancerStick posted:

Yeah. One more question. If this phone is an on contract phone through Verizon do I go to Verizon for help or Apple Store? Always see people talking about going to the Apple store on here but never sure if it's people that bought their phone outright. Used to Android where I always had to go to my carrier store by default.

Verizon store if you hate yourself, Apple store if you don't.

An Apple product is an Apple product is an Apple product. Your warranty is through Apple. Doesn't matter where you bought it.