Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

VolticSurge posted:

Are there any decent LPs of Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain out there? The Super Best Friends' one is inept,as always.

Leal's doing a LP of MGSV right now. He's not the fastest updater, though.

Here it is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dander My DOSDruid
Dec 29, 2013

by Cowcaster
Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

MaNiAk and co. are in the midst of stumbling their way through Sven Co-op, the multiplayer mod for the original Half-Life. It's fun if you want to watch a bunch of guys break the game over their knee in funny ways, but honestly I'd more put this one in the "background noise for when you're working on other stuff" category. That's not a dig or a slight at MaNiAk, it's just a thing that tends to be inherent to these types of lengthy, group-based safari type exploration LPs is all.

Cheers, this is exactly the kind of thing I am after. I know there are two horror mods, a Goldsource and a Source game both played by Mr. Sunabouzu - http://lparchive.org/Afraid-of-Monsters-Directors-Cut/ and http://lparchive.org/Cry-of-Fear/. I highly recommend both, Sunabouzu got blasted in the beginning of his AOM LP for some spergy reasons, but I think he does a good job of letting you get into the intended atmosphere of the games. He is a braver man than I.

ivantod posted:

Hi!

The videos got eaten when Viddler went commercial only; however I actually still have all the original recordings so am currently working on re-uploading the videos to Youtube after which I will ask baldurk to update the links in the archived LP. It took me a while to get going on this, but finally I am making progress and hopefully it should get done within the next week or so. Not sure how long it will take baldurk to update the links aftet that but I could make the links public at least until that's done so you could follow it that way.

Also, if you have platinum/archive access here it's very much worth reading the original thread in full instead of just the archived LP!

I guess if you would follow someone else's videos short comments that I make about what happened in each video probably wouldn't make too much sense. :v: But storyline wise I guess you wouldn't miss anything.

That is great news, I will check your Youtube channel and if I see the videos I will have a watch, otherwise I'll await Baldurk. I do have access to the thread, it looks like all of your images are there too. Does Baldurk go through every SSLP thread he archives and point the image tags to his site? Must take forever!

E: To be clear, I am talking about the images in the original threads.

For content -

The life of the informative LPer is usually quite a short one, I think I saw ResearchIndicates and Giragast mentioned here, they have to be some of my favorite LPers (Giragast really goes deep in Cold Fear, somehow viewing the game in a map editor or something to show off how the developers scripted events etc).

I don't know that anyone has mentioned one of my other favorites, KingEffinFrost (http://lparchive.org/author/kingeffingfrost). In particular his Castlevania and Metroid LPs go into great detail on the mechanics of the games, if your sitting an exam on an ancient video game for some reason and want to pass - give frost a whirl.:love:

Another fellow I wish would return to the industry of LP is Evil Tim (http://lparchive.org/author/evil%20tim), he has only completed two LPs but if you check his Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/CruelestChris) you can see he has a bunch of half finished LPs.

A lot of Evil Tim Youtube LPs did have threads here and they are in the LP Master list. He always has something to say and is rather humorous, also does a good job of showing off the game while keeping it interesting. Snarky perhaps is the word I am looking for in my small repertoire of words.

Dander My DOSDruid fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 24, 2016

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Lord Malfegor posted:

That is great news, I will check your Youtube channel and if I see the videos I will have a watch, otherwise I'll await Baldurk. I do have access to the thread, it looks like all of your images are there too. Does Baldurk go through every SSLP thread he archives and point the image tags to his site? Must take forever!

Oh yeah images are safe either way as they are hosted on LPix (also maintained by baldurk) and he anyway makes separate copy for archives. So those are not going away any time soon. I was uploading videos at Viddler because Youtube had a 10 (or 15) minute limit--once they lifted the limit I switched to youtube but that was only the last third of the Wing Commander LP. But anyway, I am finally re-uploading them all to youtube so it should all be back to normal shortly!

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?
I had a search, but no luck thus far - does anyone know the name of the game that was LP'd in which you were the hero, and one sort-of love interest was the daughter of a lord and trying to influence you towards good, while the other was a demonic sort of thing (that maybe was inside your head for some of the game?). It was first person, and I remember that that the LP involved a lot of kicking and that it was often easier just to kick enemies than try to fight them. Also early on in one of the videos the LPer had to kill a troll that had just burst in through the castle gate by using a big mounted crossbow.

Does any of this ring a bell with anyone? If this isn't the right thread for requests you can take this as a recommendation too, the video LP was hilarious.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Vindolanda posted:

I had a search, but no luck thus far - does anyone know the name of the game that was LP'd in which you were the hero, and one sort-of love interest was the daughter of a lord and trying to influence you towards good, while the other was a demonic sort of thing (that maybe was inside your head for some of the game?). It was first person, and I remember that that the LP involved a lot of kicking and that it was often easier just to kick enemies than try to fight them. Also early on in one of the videos the LPer had to kill a troll that had just burst in through the castle gate by using a big mounted crossbow.

Does any of this ring a bell with anyone? If this isn't the right thread for requests you can take this as a recommendation too, the video LP was hilarious.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

I'm not sure which LP you're thinking of, but that's definitely the game

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That's Dark Messiah. Great LP.
e: Goddamn forum ninjas, gotta be all the stealth games LP'd.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Danaru posted:

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

I'm not sure which LP you're thinking of, but that's definitely the game

Like a kicking psychic. That's the one, and

anilEhilated posted:

That's Dark Messiah. Great LP.
e: Goddamn forum ninjas, gotta be all the stealth games LP'd.

that's the LP. Thanks!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ivantod posted:

Also, if you have platinum/archive access here it's very much worth reading the original thread in full instead of just the archived LP!

true statement, right here, even with my posting dragging it down :v:

the LPArchive only lists it as Wing Commander but it's both 1 and 2, so it's twice the thread you thought it was.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 27, 2016

Espresso Steampunk
Sep 27, 2008

Lord Malfegor posted:

Any Half life mod threads around with working video links? There was a couple a long time ago that I know of, sadly they have been lost to time.

This isn't on SA (but at least one of them is a goon), but these guys are playing through a Half-Life 2 mod that makes it co-op. It's pretty hilarious and great to be reminded of old-rear end physics engines. However, they don't really have an update schedule for it, amongst all their other stuff, so it's only 5 episodes long so far.

Syngery: Half-Life 2 Co-Op.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone have any good Recommendations for XCOM 2?

I did a thread search and found an answer.

fibio posted:

I could point you to half a dozen, but that's too much XCOM even for me. Of the youtubers I follow Christopher Odd's is pretty good, and the run is almost complete so there's plenty of content to dig into. Alternately Marborzir is probably a better player, but he has a strong acent that may make him hard to follow if you aren't a native English speaker.

My bad

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Are there any good LPs of Star Wars: The Old Republic?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Covok posted:

Are there any good LPs of Star Wars: The Old Republic?

The MMORPG? I didn't hate the screen shot one that popped up awhile ago.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Was there some dark and horrible mystery that got the Ribbit King LP excised from the Internet? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I'm not even sure I want to re-watch it, I just need to know I can, if I ever have the pressing need for some more frolf in my life. :downs:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Ghost of Starman posted:

Was there some dark and horrible mystery that got the Ribbit King LP excised from the Internet?

Yes.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ghost of Starman posted:

Was there some dark and horrible mystery that got the Ribbit King LP excised from the Internet? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I'm not even sure I want to re-watch it, I just need to know I can, if I ever have the pressing need for some more frolf in my life. :downs:

The guy who did it was an insane person

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Ghost of Starman posted:

Pins deleted all the vids. It was a limited edition LP. You had to be there, I'm afraid. All that are left are our memories of that wild time.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Aw... well, that's a shame. Good to know, though - thanks! :shobon:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I have every video saved on an encryped hard drive, if you want to watch it you need to come over to my house

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

GNU Order posted:

I have every video saved on an encryped hard drive, if you want to watch it you need to come over to my house

Tell no one, and bring a gimp mask

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

This is kinda specific but I'm trying to find a Bloodborne LP that's blind and in which the LPer tries to decipher the lore as they play. I'm open to youtube ones if they're not obnoxious. Basically like Kay's LPs if you've seen those.

GreatSquidKite
Jan 20, 2010

DO IT TO IT posted:

This is kinda specific but I'm trying to find a Bloodborne LP that's blind and in which the LPer tries to decipher the lore as they play. I'm open to youtube ones if they're not obnoxious. Basically like Kay's LPs if you've seen those.

Slowbeef is almost a hundred videos in, over on youtube. I don't have the patience for super long LPs, but I enjoyed the first few.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Unlike Geop and Kay, Slowbeef is about as competent as a blind, quadriplegic, fingerless baboon, so there's a reason it's 100 videos long. Which, personally speakibg, is only balanced by the funny for so long.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
His LP is finishing next episode clocking in at 81 videos. Geop's LP had around 112. You might want to rethink your hypothesis.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It has been a while, forgive my numbers brain, and I admittedly stopped watching a while in because it was a bit of a slog. My bad.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Also, "fingerless quadriplegic" is redundant.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You don't say.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Suspicious Dish posted:

Also, "fingerless quadriplegic" is redundant.

Counterpoint:

(Also also, quadriplegics generally have fingers. They're just not very usable)

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
slowbeef isn't really bad at the game, just doesn't pay attention to his surroundings. Which is p. bad if you're looking for lore videos and whatnot, but hell, i still remember when he was playing Demon's Souls blind and rolled through the crossbow machine on his first try.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Orv posted:

Unlike Geop and Kay, Slowbeef is about as competent as a blind, quadriplegic, fingerless baboon, so there's a reason it's 100 videos long. Which, personally speakibg, is only balanced by the funny for so long.

He's good at the game, he just has no environmental awareness at all.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Orv posted:

I actually did about as well as Kay in some parts of Demon's (see speedrun method in arrow trap) and managed a few of the really tough BB bosses on early tries. I also did the Chalice Dungeons before NG+

In fact, if you'd like, I'll do PvP and you can put your money where your mouth is. I make no secret that I'm "not good at video games" but I am probably better than you at Bloodborne.

edit: But my videos are not at all good for learning lore.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
what a hardcore gamer

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh poo poo, video game callouts. :nallears:

Look, subjectively, from a watching perspective I think your lack of awareness while playing is a bad thing for a From LP, regardless of how funny you are about it. I could have been less hyperbolic about it, for that I'm sorry.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

If you want Bloodborne lore videos and exploration, I recommend Jerks Sans Frontieres, DaveControl, and VaatiVidya (all on YouTube). Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eh6DqNp7Zs

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Orv posted:

Oh poo poo, video game callouts. :nallears:

Oh don't give me that - you're the one who said I was bad at the game. I am serious, you're more than welcome to shut me up. I don't think "let's play PvP" is a big callout, but whatever.

slowbeef fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 3, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011

slowbeef posted:

Don't give me that - you're the one who said I was bad at the game. I am serious, you're more than welcome to shut me up. I don't think "let's play PvP" is a big callout, but whatever. Maybe next time, instead of "I won't do the hyperbole" how but you don't tell people how much my videos suck without having watched them?

I watched the first four episodes and they sucked enough that I didn't watch the rest, and that was the opinion I stated.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Orv posted:

I watched the first four episodes and they sucked enough that I didn't watch the rest, and that was the opinion I stated.

In the most respectful way I can put it, re-read your replies in this thread and see if that jives.

Anyway, if it's a big deal, we don't have to play video games, it's fine. TastefulDickpic has the orig question covered.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well I misspelled speaking originally.

Look, I poo poo down your neck for facetious, 6AM at-best-demi-humor, and for that I am genuinely sorry. My opinion of your work aside there was no call for it. As for Bloodborrne PvP, I'd actually be fully willing to get murdered on camera in recompense, but my PS+ lapsed after I stopped caring about Destiny and had finished Bloodborne. I can look into reupping for a month, if you really care.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

lmao at four being "a while in"

you post bad

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Orv posted:

I can look into reupping for a month, if you really care.

I don't. We don't have to make a big thing out of it and the rest of this post is just intended to be funny. I know maybe I look defensive (to be fair, I am defending myself), but I'm seeing the convo as:

"Hey does anyone have any recommendations for a lore-heavy blind Bloodborne experience?"

"No, but while we're here, slowbeef is about as good at playing Bloodborne as one would be by mashing Helen Keller's dead face into a Dual Shock 4. You might as well have an epileptic walrus's brainwaves hooked up to a Geiger counter as input to the PS4 and see that defeat Cleric Beast; it'd be about the same! He is as good at Bloodborne as necrotizing fasciitis is bad for cake topping."

"Okay, let's play PVP."

"Whoa! Dude, can you calm down?"

But, I'm being snarky here. No hard feelings, I just thought it was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
While we're on the subject, can anyone recommend some great Let's Play meltdowns?