Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
Anti-Grief kittens to the rescue

Don't feel grief my friends. Tomorrow everything should be clear for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Moved to the concern subforum. They really are just going to start dumping any critical threads there.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Melanion posted:

That's what's killing me. I know I'm overthinking it but I can't let go of the puzzle.

:same: I'm like 10 seconds away from just sprinting out the door to the library of congress and its making me feel more dumb than usual

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Xaerael posted:

AR coatings aren't hard coats, Crizal is just an AR coat brand. A hard coated AR lens (pretty much every AR lens, tbh) has the AR layer added during blank manufacture, the lens is surfaced, then the AR coat is applied as a dip.

No one really uses glass any more since it's an arse to edge, heavy, shattery and not a great idea, though glass lenses are actually the most scratch resistant and also the thinnest lenses you can get. CR39 is the benchmark industry standard lens, and makes up probably 90%+ of all specs made. I always hated polycarbs as a lens type, since they were messy as gently caress to edge. Polycarb coatings iirc are a lamination, which also means no rear surface coating. Though I've been out of optics for 5 years now, so they may have solved the rear surface lamination problems.

Are you sure your lenses aren't CR39? you say high index, and I'm faaaaairly sure polycarbs can't have variable indexes (1.59, or shorthanded to 1.6) I'm also sure you can't have crizal on a polycarb, since that's a heat treatment, and polycarb doesn't fair well under heat. The more expensive lenses tend to be the 1.8-1.89 index CR39s, which used to make me sad while glazing because a £200 cost price lens being trusted on a machine who's sole purpose is to eat the lens till it's the right shape, and has a significant non zero fail rate is horrible.

Essilor brands AR coating, hard coating and oleophobic/aquaphobic coating under the umbrella Crizal treatment brand.
At least they did the last time i was changing my lenses (not an optician, so i only have consumer-side info). I remember that because it was confusing as hell, all the options being branded as Crizal xyz. To confuse things further, the photo-sensitive option is branded as Transitions, which is sometimes stated separately, and sometimes as part of the Crizal branding (so sometimes you'll see Crizal Transitions, and sometimes Crizal, refering to the coating, then separately Transitions, referring to the photo-sensitive layer option). I think they even vary it based on the sales region. It's a mess to research as a consumer.

You're right, it's (still) a laminate, and can delaminate if left in the heat.
I'm fairly sure (but not 100% positive) they're coated on both sides nowadays, as mine have an AR coating (at least) on both sides.
I also have scratches on both sides, but most of them are on the front.

I'm fairly sure it's not CR39, as Essilor's CR39 is branded Orma.
The "newgen" high-index stuff is Ormix, Lineis aaandd... *googles* Stylis.

They never state what it is, but all their comparison sheets are comparing them to standard polycarb, so i took that as a hint they're some proprietary polycarbonate copolymer or something.

orcinus fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 3, 2016

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

stinch posted:

Moved to the concern subforum. They really are just going to start dumping any critical threads there.

To be fair, it literally has "concern" in the title

mag
Feb 9, 2007

fuck this

i'm out
I just jumped ahead back from page 1986, realizing I was never, ever going to catch up with the thread. Anyone have any favorite things that have happened since the end of February?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hopefully Elon gives you all the seats he promised.

He removed the instrument cluster.
I want it back.

Also, the rear trunk is hilarious.

eviljack
Feb 26, 2016

You're getting hungry

orcinus posted:

Essilor brands AR coating, hard coating and oleophobic/aquaphobic coating under the umbrella Crizal treatment brand.
At least they did the last time i was changing my lenses (not an optician, so i only have consumer-side info). I remember that because it was confusing as hell, all the options being branded as Crizal xyz.
To confuse things further, the photo-sensitive option is branded as Transitions, which is sometimes stated separately, and sometimes as part of the Crizal branding (so sometimes you'll see Crizal Transitions, and sometimes Crizal, refering to the coating, then separately Transitions, referring to the photo-sensitive layer option). I think they even vary it based on the sales region. It's a mess to research as a consumer.

You're right, it's (still) a laminate, and can delaminate if left in the heat.
I'm fairly sure (but not 100% positive) they're coated on both sides nowadays, as mine have an AR coating (at least) on both sides.
I also have scratches on both sides, but most of them are on the front.

I'm fairly sure it's not CR39, as Essilor's CR39 is branded Orma.
The "newgen" high-index stuff is Ormix, Lineis aaandd... *googles* Stylis.

They never state what it is, but all their comparison sheets are comparing them to standard polycarb, so i took that as a hint they're some proprietary polycarbonate copolymer or something.

The level of knowledge of AR manufacturing intricacies in this thread is currently at 11

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

stinch posted:

Moderating those forums must be a thankless job. Mostly because they aren't deserving of any thanks.

Fair and reasonable.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

GazChap posted:

Same, but mostly because the alternative is waiting for more information from Oculus on when Rifts are going to start bloody shipping.

They *still* haven't even started shipping the Kickstarter editions in EU.
No idea what the holdup is, but if i weren't getting it for free, i'd be feeling grief now.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
One of you lot who've cracked it--can we at least have your word that after the mind-blowing whatever breaks on Wednesday someone will post the encryption method?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Duckaerobics posted:

No trolling there is 100% a code to crack. There is no pastebin because no other goon wants to take the fall for it.

I stopped giving a poo poo when CIG banned me. Payback's a bitch.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Google Butt posted:

Literally nothing has happened

:thumbsup:

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Down In The Pit... There's It!

Melanion posted:

One of you lot who've cracked it--can we at least have your word that after the mind-blowing whatever breaks on Wednesday someone will post the encryption method?

Someone already has.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Melanion posted:

Sure, if you don't read too much into it.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Nellistos posted:

whelp, just cracked it
bruteforced it, 10 tries average if you have the rest of the key

i think it would be for the best to resume Archer's Fart analysis for a while.

Haha, no you didn't.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

CellarDweller posted:

Someone already has.

Let me rephrase.

One of you lot who've cracked it--can we at least have your word that after the mind-blowing whatever breaks on Wednesday someone will post the encryption method for those of us who are just crazy enough to be bothered by this but not crazy enough to comb 100 pages of thread?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

mag posted:

I just jumped ahead back from page 1986, realizing I was never, ever going to catch up with the thread. Anyone have any favorite things that have happened since the end of February?

"Let me loving finish!"

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.

Melanion posted:

Let me rephrase.

One of you lot who've cracked it--can we at least have your word that after the mind-blowing whatever breaks on Wednesday someone will post the encryption method for those of us who are just crazy enough to be bothered by this but not crazy enough to comb 100 pages of thread?

Why don't you just keep babbling on about this?

mag
Feb 9, 2007

fuck this

i'm out

MeLKoR posted:

"Let me loving finish!"

Did they at least release the in-game jpeg showroom? Have they released anything? Has Lesnick's heart failed?

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Remember if you aren't just trying to be a goon and actually have information regarding corporate insider knowledge, don't post. Don't share. I can guess as what Derek has in his hands right now, do not be made part of it. Things need to resolved on their own, these forums can be subpoenaed for information on the poster.

Edit: Especially if it in any way relates to solvency of a company, do not allege or share.

Fooma fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 3, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
There were many jpegs to be had and they were all by Ryan Archer.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Fooma posted:

Remember if you aren't just trying to be a goon and actually have information regarding corporate insider knowledge, don't post. Don't share. I can guess as what Derek has in his hands right now, do not be made part of it. Things need to resolved on their own, these forums can be subpoenaed for information on the poster.

Its really not that serious. Don't let people drum up fear by making a mountain of a mole hill. :justpost:

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

Waldo P Barnstormer posted:

Why don't you just keep babbling on about this?

My schadenfreude toward shitizens is pretty well petered out at this point. What else is there to babble about?

Wait, poo poo. Lens talk. When I was a teen, I had some lovely green gunk on the nosepads of my glasses and like an idiot I decided to soak my glasses in isopropyl overnight. The lenses had scratch-resistant coating and the "darkens in sunlight" coating. When I pulled them out of the alcohol they had a decidedly red-brown tint to them and looking through them was like very old stained glass where the thickness of the pane varied from point to point. Sort of a permanent funhouse mirror effect.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fooma posted:

What if you're behind 7 proxies? Can the party van reach so far?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/4d71xg/did_anyone_catch_dereks_claim_to_be_on_the_autism/

These guys really dislike Derek Smart for some reason.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Sickening posted:

Its really not that serious. Don't let people drum up fear by making a mountain of a mole hill. :justpost:

Lesnick is EightAce confirmed!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The fact that goons who've seen it have gotten reaaaally quiet all of a sudden and stopped making paarp jokes says a lot.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Melanion posted:

Let me rephrase.

It will come in time. Just let it finish.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Fooma posted:

Edit: Especially if it in any way relates to solvency of a company, do not allege or share.

Hahahaha no

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Let's ramp this up a little

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZl4xjNc6OA

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Always a good thing when you have to remind people you aren't a hate group.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Hold on to your butts guys,

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/325352/careers-tomb-raiding

TOMB RAIDIN SOON IN SPACE, it's gonna save PC gaming.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MeLKoR posted:

What if you're behind 7 proxies? Can the party van reach so far?

Why would you want to stay away from the party van? :wiggle:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Fooma posted:

CIG HOLLYWOOD will never go bust, they can open a space mural themed coffee shop with expensive furniture.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

The background numbers are not flickering and constantly changing, matrix phone-search style. Tsk tsk tsk.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

Heard that Paul Allen quietly bought out CIG months ago for ~$50 million, can anyone C/D?

Impossible. I killed Paul Allen with an axe in the face, his body is dissolving in a bathtub in Hell's Kitchen.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

drat, if Roberts could make the game he promised, and fulfill everything that's in everyone's heads, that would be the most amazing game ever. I almost understand the delusion.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

This video is private.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I have made it private I am reading more now and I dunno wtf to think, it is best kept really quiet for now

• Locked thread