Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Got the replay on that bad boy?

i dont sadly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

the last chalice is ambrosia after that

yeah i had to make a stop at the Isz chalice to get some red jelly aka aborted fetuses and the rest of the chalices have been a walk. at the bride now

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate Ludwig but it's cool being able to hit him for 1500+ damage on a charge. +10 Chikage got me through Wetnurse so quick she didn't even have time to do her clone phase

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

tumor looking batty posted:

yeah i had to make a stop at the Isz chalice to get some red jelly aka aborted fetuses and the rest of the chalices have been a walk. at the bride now

good tip for queen is when she puts a ring on you, dont press anything

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

frank.club posted:

I hate Ludwig but it's cool being able to hit him for 1500+ damage on a charge. +10 Chikage got me through Wetnurse so quick she didn't even have time to do her clone phase

i keep being stupid and attacking him in second phase when he isn't finished with a combo. i'm pretty sure like four different people who summoned me for that fight won right after i died

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Ludwig is easier solo he's too unpredictable with summons

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my favorite boss like that is Gerhman. If you try him with summons he will sometimes perform a 180 with his charge attack and completely wreck someone by surprise.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i've gotten ludwig within an inch of his life a few times but he keeps going up against the wall and throwing off my dodging. argh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What triggers the sack monster to show up near cathedral ward? Killing BSB? That's the only boss that's not dead afaik, up to the shadows of Yarnham

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

What triggers the sack monster to show up near cathedral ward? Killing BSB? That's the only boss that's not dead afaik, up to the shadows of Yarnham

Yes.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

legendary...

one way I thought about doing it a few weeks ag oas killing ludwig and getting the lantern with him up above the elevator and doing something(maybe the beast roar) to knock him off or get him to dodge roll off. problem is because of that lantern it's possible you only get one shot at it before that lantern breaks or he kills you as soon as you spawn or something

also what's your character name? it showed up as *** when i tried cooping iwth you this morning. too hot for FromSoft.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's "fag"

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

finally beat ludwig and what a rush. that's the first souls boss that's given me that kind of trouble since the fume knight

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i've died to laurence like 30 times now. if the camera gets backed into a wall i can't see him to dodge, and all his moves do such huge damage and many of them do it in a massive arc around him that i'm finding it incredibly difficult. i've killed everything else and if i don't finish him before dark souls 3 i'll feel like i've failed at this game.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
dont go near the walls so u wont get backed into them. its a big room so theres no need

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

plat'd this baby. hell yes

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

its insane that you were a slug this whole time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its insane that you were a slug this whole time

i always wondered what that meant. like, were you reborn as a great one for defeating one? were you punished for going against the rules of the dream and turned into a horribly ugly little thing? the best thing about bloodborne is speculation

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im sure DS3 will also have a fantastic plot behind the scenes but nothing will beat secret alien covenant where humanity got played

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maria is a maximum win fight wow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i always wondered what that meant. like, were you reborn as a great one for defeating one? were you punished for going against the rules of the dream and turned into a horribly ugly little thing? the best thing about bloodborne is speculation

I think you hosed the fish

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

frank.club posted:

maria is one of the best souls bosses of all time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

its a really blatant false king throwback but with the crazy turned up

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think the slug baby is what all of the insane idiots in bergenwyrth, mensis, hemwick, oedon, etc. were trying to do: create a human / great one hybrid to trigger the third impact. i mean, the next stage of human evolution. you ate a bunch of umbilical cords and then bathed in the blood of the moon presence, and it did that.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

its a really blatant false king throwback but with the crazy turned up

this may have sounded bitter, but it is not. i love the maria fight, it's so loving good. it might be the best fight in all of bloodborne

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

frank.club posted:

marias my favorite souls boss fght sof ar, it's so good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

this may have sounded bitter, but it is not. i love the maria fight, it's so loving good. it might be the best fight in all of bloodborne

It is the best fight in all of Bloodborne.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

rediscover posted:

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

I kinda feel like I'm cheating when I use beast blood pellets. So you guys feel the same way or what

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I never use the pellets or any kind of weapon buff cause I want the boss fights to last as long as possible without purposely playing poorly cause they all own

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

I would buy a Bloodborne DLC that let's me fight Maria at will

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

I like orphan more. Maria is s cool fight but it's too easy

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

maria is good but shes not better than ludwig or orphan imo

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

maria is good but shes not better than ludwig or orphan imo

Agreed. Plus the Ludwig and Orphan fights are so bizarre and trippy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Orphan is I think the best fight in all of souls

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

In Training posted:

Orphan is I think the best fight in all of souls

it is

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, it's really good. esp the anguished, screeching sound design.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I like orphan more. Maria is s cool fight but it's too easy

shes only easy if you shoot her a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i liked the shoot to parry system in bloodborne but in the end once you figured it out it trivialized like everything