Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i, nesbit37, oath for April 1 happy counting time ogre (reaper, 28mm) and 12 chariots with horses and crew ( evil men 10mm). I have more planned for the month but let's see how fast I go through these first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
It's a shame I didn't finish my march oath in time but I did drop a kettle of boiling water on my leg :11tea:

Anyway, I Weirdo Oath five dreadball figures from Mantic games (28mm): Brickbat Vognar, Mee-kel Judwan, 'Dead Man' Davitz, and two green moon smackers.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
With a baby due any day now, I'm keeping this sane for this month.

I hearby Oath the following -
Three Martian Tripods (2 Scout, one converted Slaver) and 1 US command tank - 15mm by the now defunct Alien Dungeon.
Ten 6mm Bunkers by Levan Miniatures.

I may oath more as we go, but I'm going for small and sane.

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
R.S. Gumby oaths yet another army for DBA; this time it's Palmyrans. 47 models, by Essex Miniatures, 15mm scale.

This is enough models to make a complete army of Palmyra (II/74a) for DBA, covering the brief period during the 3rd century that they tried to fight off the Romans. It did not work out well. Recently they've been in the news though, as IS was just driven out of the area, but not before destroying much of Palmyra's ruins. Assholes.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Weirdo posted:

It's a shame I didn't finish my march oath in time but I did drop a kettle of boiling water on my leg :11tea:

You should probably see a doctor if your leg is bent, the hot water trick only works on plastic

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, oath a looted Leman Russ for April (GW, 28mm)

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I, jadebullet, oath a Chaos Rhino for the month of April

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I, signalnoise, oath a Mantic Marauders Raptor for the month of April

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I, Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of April 3x SWAT Cops, 4x Lampposts & 4x Sewer grates. All for the Batman Miniatures Game , 32mm scale by Knight Models.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, oath the following for April:

1 Bakunin Zero
1 Bedsheet Man with Koalas
1 Splendid Monkey Man

Corvus Belli, 28mm

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath one full Gatorman Posse(5 guys) from the Minion faction of Hordes

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath four Slaanesh Daemon models in 28mm, from Marauder / Citadel:

Specifically, they're a Daemonette, a mounted Daemonette, Fiend, and Keeper of Secrets.

One of the new techniques I'm trying for the Jurnal is basing with pine bark nuggets. So far it's kind of cool! You can't drill big holes or they explode, but small holes are great. (You absolutely must drill and pin it, otherwise the top layer flakes off and takes your model with it.)

BobFish
Jan 16, 2004

Believe: The Sequel - This time it really will happen
Simple oath to complete the bloodbowl team for this month;

I, BobFish, oath for April 2 Flesh Golems

28mm, by Heresy Miniatures and Reaper respectively

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

nesbit37 posted:

i, nesbit37, oath for April 1 happy counting time ogre (reaper, 28mm) and 12 chariots with horses and crew ( evil men 10mm). I have more planned for the month but let's see how fast I go through these first.

Weirdo posted:

Anyway, I Weirdo Oath five dreadball figures from Mantic games (28mm): Brickbat Vognar, Mee-kel Judwan, 'Dead Man' Davitz, and two green moon smackers.
Yeah...don't do that.

Grey Hunter posted:

With a baby due any day now, I'm keeping this sane for this month.

I hearby Oath the following -
Three Martian Tripods (2 Scout, one converted Slaver) and 1 US command tank - 15mm by the now defunct Alien Dungeon.
Ten 6mm Bunkers by Levan Miniatures.

I may oath more as we go, but I'm going for small and sane.

R.S. Gumby posted:

R.S. Gumby oaths yet another army for DBA; this time it's Palmyrans. 47 models, by Essex Miniatures, 15mm scale.

This is enough models to make a complete army of Palmyra (II/74a) for DBA, covering the brief period during the 3rd century that they tried to fight off the Romans. It did not work out well. Recently they've been in the news though, as IS was just driven out of the area, but not before destroying much of Palmyra's ruins. Assholes.

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath a looted Leman Russ for April (GW, 28mm)

jadebullet posted:

I, jadebullet, oath a Chaos Rhino for the month of April

signalnoise posted:

I, signalnoise, oath a Mantic Marauders Raptor for the month of April

Ugleb posted:

I, Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of April 3x SWAT Cops, 4x Lampposts & 4x Sewer grates. All for the Batman Miniatures Game , 32mm scale by Knight Models.

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, oath the following for April:

1 Bakunin Zero
1 Bedsheet Man with Koalas
1 Splendid Monkey Man

Corvus Belli, 28mm

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath one full Gatorman Posse(5 guys) from the Minion faction of Hordes

moths posted:

I, moths, oath four Slaanesh Daemon models in 28mm, from Marauder / Citadel:

Specifically, they're a Daemonette, a mounted Daemonette, Fiend, and Keeper of Secrets.

One of the new techniques I'm trying for the Jurnal is basing with pine bark nuggets. So far it's kind of cool! You can't drill big holes or they explode, but small holes are great. (You absolutely must drill and pin it, otherwise the top layer flakes off and takes your model with it.)

BobFish posted:

Simple oath to complete the bloodbowl team for this month;

I, BobFish, oath for April 2 Flesh Golems

28mm, by Heresy Miniatures and Reaper respectively
Oaths Accepted!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren: December Judgments! :siren:

Third Place, 1 Point: Electric Hobo

This guy is quite a character. The extra effort like the shading on the skin and teeth, and the detail on the medals bring him to life.

Second Place, 2 Points: Dr. Gargunza

Nice shading on the white coat here, and good color choice overall. The fact that the pupils are painted to be looking up is a nice touch.

First Place, 3 Points: Gareth Gobulcoque

The skirt on this angel is incredible. The contrast in tone of the color choices and smoothness of the blends contribute to a very striking image.

Jurnal, 1 Point: Zark the Damned

This guy is very red and that red is very well done!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of April, oath one Orc Warboss and three Spirit Hosts. All 28mm GW.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
For April, I, Electric Hobo, oath 1 homemade ruin.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I didn't realise we could oath our home improvements :v:

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Next month I'll weather my living room.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Alright, last month of the season, so I'm gonna try and SAVE DA WHALES one last time

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath for the month of August

6 Ogre warriors with two handed weapons, 3 Ogre shooters, 3 Ogre boomers, and an Ogre standard bearer, all for Kings of War by Mantic (28mm)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For April I, Galaspar, oath 5 Cataphractii Terminators (GW, WH30k)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, do Oath for the month of April:

One Guijia, from Corvus Belli/Infinity in 28mm

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath addition! going faster than I thought so now oathing a 21 figure chaos dwarf bloodbowl team (28mm, meiko miniatures and Hungry Troll Miniatures)!

nesbit37 posted:

nesbit37 fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 6, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
OATH COMPLETE!

The technical challenge is working with plasticard. I used a bit of it in the girder supports for the bed on the back of it. I have almost no experience with plasticard, and it was new to me.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I, Lord_Hambrose, do oath five (5) Ork Boyz for the month of April. Games Workshop. 28mm.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of April, oath one Orc Warboss and three Spirit Hosts. All 28mm GW.

Electric Hobo posted:

For April, I, Electric Hobo, oath 1 homemade ruin.

Galaspar posted:

For April I, Galaspar, oath 5 Cataphractii Terminators (GW, WH30k)

Signal posted:

I, Signal, do Oath for the month of April:
One Guijia, from Corvus Belli/Infinity in 28mm

nesbit37 posted:

oath addition! going faster than I thought so now oathing a 21 figure chaos dwarf bloodbowl team (28mm, meiko miniatures and Hungry Troll Miniatures)!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, do oath five (5) Ork Boyz for the month of April. Games Workshop. 28mm.
Oaths Accepted!

SRM posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

The technical challenge is working with plasticard. I used a bit of it in the girder supports for the bed on the back of it. I have almost no experience with plasticard, and it was new to me.

FYI SRM your pictures you've posted in the various threads don't show up for me at all. Just letting you know

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Oaths Accepted!

FYI SRM your pictures you've posted in the various threads don't show up for me at all. Just letting you know

They're hosted on a Dakka album, which means they won't work for anyone who isn't logged in to a Dakka account

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

NTRabbit posted:

They're hosted on a Dakka album, which means they won't work for anyone who isn't logged in to a Dakka account

Seriously? That didn't used to be a problem. That's dumb as hell. They show up fine on the other forums I use, even if I'm not logged in. I'll start uploading them to imgur instead.

SRM fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 6, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

That's always been my experience :shrug: I usually only notice when my login session to Dakka gets killed by a Chrome restart

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

FWIW I'm not logged into Dakka (don't even have an account) but the pics work fine for me.

Also drat that's fast, I've not even decided what to Oath this month yet :)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
It's weird, I'm at home now, and the pictures still don't show up.

e: logged into Dakka and the pics still aren't showing up. Weird!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 6, 2016

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
OK, thread stuff!

I'd like to put out an open call for Judges! One of our Judges (well, one for now) is retiring from his lifetime appointment, so if anyone would like to step up and help out by doling out points for personal favors...get in touch! krushgroove169@gmail.com Judges are able to Oath and take part in everything, but aren't eligible for points or prizes.

Also, this is the last month of season SIX of the Oath Thread! Wow. After the usual mid-season doldrums I'm happy to continue with season SEVEN, so let's work our way through a few housekeeping things here...

finding and contacting sponsors: me, I'm happy to continue doing this and if anyone knows someone at a game or model supply company please let me know!

Oath accepting: me again, I think I may have a volunteer for this but no biggie!

Keeper of the Points/Spreadheet: Zark, as he's happy to continue doing this (THANKS so much!)

Judges: again, we're looking for at least one, so if anyone wants to step up let me know

Save Da Whales: I assume Leperflesh is still OK to continue this under the same rules he's been using?

Other user-provided prizes/contests: these are awesome and massively appreciated by everyone! We get a few of these every season and I want to encourage as many of you as possible to do things like retro model contests, themed contests and that sort of thing. I will want to limit these to just one per month, which shouldn't be an issue, so please get in touch with me first before you announce something, just so we can coordinate and make sure we don't have two goon contests in the same month. For May, Zark the Damned is going to have first crack with a pretty cool-sounding contest! I'll let him write up how it's going to work so you can get prepared.

OK, now the stuff you guys are interested in:
Prizes! Some of you have been waiting patiently to get your prizes from a while back, and I still have your prizes. However, please drop me an email with your info and what you've been expecting. I'll freely admit my specialty is more in talking to suppliers rather than recordkeeping, so just in case it will help me make sure you get what you're due.

Rules! I'm intending on keeping the rules the same and not changing much (if anything at all), but if anyone has ideas on how to streamline or update the rules, let me know! I don't want to do wholesale changes for the sake of 'new and shiney' but let's discuss what we can do to make the Oath Thread even more inclusive and welcoming.

Monthly Themes: If anyone has input on what they'd like to see, change or update, let me know. I'm going to try to swap things around a little so they're fresh, but I'm not sure how much I can move around. I would like some help from anyone who's so inclined to write up a fun intro, like Mr. Green who we had guiding us through the monthly Oaths. If someone wants to do this, please...get in touch!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
If you're browsing SA over https some image hosts don't support it and the mixed content shens will cause pics not to show up. Imgur will always work.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Prizes! Some of you have been waiting patiently to get your prizes from a while back, and I still have your prizes. However, please drop me an email with your info and what you've been expecting. I'll freely admit my specialty is more in talking to suppliers rather than recordkeeping, so just in case it will help me make sure you get what you're due.

The prizes from the paint a KR case competition are still AWOL, but I assume you're going to wait until the end of season prizes are announced so you can put it in one big email with those winners?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

TTerrible posted:

If you're browsing SA over https some image hosts don't support it and the mixed content shens will cause pics not to show up. Imgur will always work.
Something must have changed somewhere, I use HTTPS Everywhere (on Chrome) and have for months, but SRM's photos always show up in Something Awful. He's the only Oather that uses Dakkadakka as his image host, so maybe they changed something? Or the extension changed, who knows.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Something must have changed somewhere, I use HTTPS Everywhere (on Chrome) and have for months, but SRM's photos always show up in Something Awful. He's the only Oather that uses Dakkadakka as his image host, so maybe they changed something? Or the extension changed, who knows.

They worked for me, I was just guessing as I'm sure I've had that happen to me before when clicking on dakka image links in IRC.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.

krushgroove posted:

OK, thread stuff!

I'd like to put out an open call for Judges! One of our Judges (well, one for now) is retiring from his lifetime appointment, so if anyone would like to step up and help out by doling out points for personal favors...get in touch! krushgroove169@gmail.com Judges are able to Oath and take part in everything, but aren't eligible for points or prizes.

Also, this is the last month of season SIX of the Oath Thread! Wow. After the usual mid-season doldrums I'm happy to continue with season SEVEN, so let's work our way through a few housekeeping things here...

finding and contacting sponsors: me, I'm happy to continue doing this and if anyone knows someone at a game or model supply company please let me know!

Oath accepting: me again, I think I may have a volunteer for this but no biggie!

Keeper of the Points/Spreadheet: Zark, as he's happy to continue doing this (THANKS so much!)

Judges: again, we're looking for at least one, so if anyone wants to step up let me know

Save Da Whales: I assume Leperflesh is still OK to continue this under the same rules he's been using?

Other user-provided prizes/contests: these are awesome and massively appreciated by everyone! We get a few of these every season and I want to encourage as many of you as possible to do things like retro model contests, themed contests and that sort of thing. I will want to limit these to just one per month, which shouldn't be an issue, so please get in touch with me first before you announce something, just so we can coordinate and make sure we don't have two goon contests in the same month. For May, Zark the Damned is going to have first crack with a pretty cool-sounding contest! I'll let him write up how it's going to work so you can get prepared.

Rules! I'm intending on keeping the rules the same and not changing much (if anything at all), but if anyone has ideas on how to streamline or update the rules, let me know! I don't want to do wholesale changes for the sake of 'new and shiney' but let's discuss what we can do to make the Oath Thread even more inclusive and welcoming.

Monthly Themes: If anyone has input on what they'd like to see, change or update, let me know. I'm going to try to swap things around a little so they're fresh, but I'm not sure how much I can move around. I would like some help from anyone who's so inclined to write up a fun intro, like Mr. Green who we had guiding us through the monthly Oaths. If someone wants to do this, please...get in touch!

You are a great host, sir, and I sincerely appreciate your time and efforts. This was my first year participating, and I fell off a little the past two months, but this thread has pushed me to try painting and modeling techniques I never would have tried without the context.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Thanks for everything Krush and the season 6 team! Just to confirm no KR case here yet either but I'm guessing they've not had chance to send any out yet.

krushgroove posted:

For May, Zark the Damned is going to have first crack with a pretty cool-sounding contest! I'll let him write up how it's going to work so you can get prepared.

OK, announcing this one ahead of time so you good folks have time to prepare/find suitable minis/etc. - to start off season 7 with a bang I'm running Monster May-hem!

To enter, simply paint up a monster and announce Monster May-hem! when you post your finished results. By monster I mean something big and gribbly like a giant, hydra or dragon, something you'd see terrorising a village and tearing down the houses - while vampires and similar man-sized beasties may be good enough for some, they simply won't do here! I'm after stuff that is larger than ogre-sized.

At the end of May I'll have a look through all the entrants and pick one at random to win a fabulous prize of your choice of a £10 Wayland Voucher or $15 Warstore voucher (other digital alternatives could be sorted out if neither are suitable for the winner).

Additionally, if there are at least 15 entrants I'll throw in a second voucher.

It's my first time running a competition, so I hope that's all OK and makes sense!

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Zark the Damned posted:

OK, announcing this one ahead of time so you good folks have time to prepare/find suitable minis/etc. - to start off season 7 with a bang I'm running Monster May-hem!

Thank you for this announcement. I started reading this thread a couple days ago and I'd like to get in on Season 7 as motivation to ramp up my painting.

How big a monster are we talking about here? I've got some 50mm based WMH Heavy Warbeasts that I can clean, assemble and gap-fill but if I need to go bigger for the Challenge, then there are some pretty sexy Battle Engines/Gargantuans (120 mm base) I don't own yet that I do intend to buy at some point.

I'm happy with either option except the Hydra I really want doesn't have a release date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Well here's my Oath Complete post with the images hosted on imgur:

Theme is the plasticard I-beams I used to support the bed. I'm super inexperienced using plasticard and it was a bit of a struggle to make it work!

• Locked thread