Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

Do you not know the premise of Rocky?

Yeah, it's a movie that bears no relation to the actual sport it's based on. They're great movies, but Mayweather isn't making stupid money for real boxing because he gets beaten up and comes out looking like Stallone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Seriously though, imagine how easy sports would be if you were a Z fighter. Get yourself every single gold medal in the olympics.

Gohan's best episodes in the Buu saga shows that the issue is more holding back so people don't freak out when you hit a ball into space.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

SirKibbles posted:

Gohan's best episodes in the Buu saga shows that the issue is more holding back so people don't freak out when you hit a ball into space.
Thankfully Yamcha doesn't actually have this problem.

And we've come full circle.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Countries no longer exist under the One World Government bought about by President King Furry our Dog Emperor

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Twiddy posted:

Okay so you literally just have no idea what you're talking about because Japan loves Baseball. Unless you're claiming that America doesn't care about Baseball.

just ignore him. He says stupid poo poo on purpose like claiming kakyoin is the worst stardust crusader.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Also canonically yamcha goes back to being a lonely old man in the desert by the end of GT.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.

Stairmaster posted:

Also canonically yamcha goes back to being a lonely old man in the desert by the end of GT.

Yamcha comes from humble beginnings and goes on to greatness only to find out in the end he already had everything he needed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

just ignore him. He says stupid poo poo on purpose like claiming kakyoin is the worst stardust crusader.

Give me some credit, I mean he's bad as a JoJo character in its entirety.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

GT isn't canon :colbert:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rutibex posted:

GT isn't canon :colbert:

incorrect

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Namtab posted:

incorrect

Dragon Ball Wiki posted:

On the same Dragon Box that Toriyama illustrated the Super Saiyan 4 form, he refers to the series as "a grand side-story of the original Dragon Ball".[5] This controversial statement is interpreted by some fans to mean that the series is considered by Toriyama as an official continuation of his manga, and by others to mean the opposite. In December 2014, FUNimation voice actor Christopher Sabat said that GT is "not even canon anymore", [6] likely meaning that the release of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods superseded GT as official content, in Sabat's opinion. Notably, Sabat's statement is the only recorded usage of the word "canon" by anyone involved in the production of any Dragon Ball media.

Basically, what Dragon Ball media is "canon" is really a fan-made distinction. I think someone noted earlier, when talking about how powers and setting elements work, that Toriyama, unlike later shonen mangaka, isn't really a nerd. He doesn't care about the concept of "canon," because it's just not how he thinks.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

D'aw, Goku's reaction when he realizes he's been fighting Grandpa Gohan :3:

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
Vegeta vs Cabba looked like more of a training lesson, ala Beerus vs. Goku, than a fight.

We finally get to see Hit fight next episode and judging from the preview he beats the poo poo out of SSGSS Vegeta.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Silver95280 posted:

Vegeta vs Cabba looked like more of a training lesson, ala Beerus vs. Goku, than a fight.

We finally get to see Hit fight next episode and judging from the preview he beats the poo poo out of SSGSS Vegeta.

Vegeta finally called it "Super Saiyan Blue" this episode. I still hope that the dub makes it "Super Cyan."

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

StrifeHira posted:

Vegeta finally called it "Super Saiyan Blue" this episode. I still hope that the dub makes it "Super Cyan."

:colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The animation in the preview for the next episode... is a thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUYVto3Yb8w

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There are subs out for Ep 37 now.
It's a good one. Cabba is great.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The animation in the preview for the next episode... is a thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUYVto3Yb8w

They blew their (meagre) load for 37.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

New episode is cool. Cabba is cool. New ED song is cool. Super is cool.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

New episode is great. Vegeta going all tough love prince was pretty cool, I think the next arc is going to be fighting Hit for real after the tourney ends, and it's funny to me that the new ED puts Krillin on Team Girl instead of Team Dragon Ball with Roshi and Yamcha and such.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Tacos.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Super uses a lot of flashbacks.. I'm playing a lot of catch-up this weekend, and there were two episodes that were mostly characters talking over footage of things that happened 3 episodes prior. Finally got to see the episode about Bulma's sagging tits, which is strange to bring up since they've given her a much more lithe build than she had in DBZ..

Edit: What is the Japanese text that comes up randomly on the screen in some of the subs? Are they ads, or reminding the audience what the episode is called, or what?

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 3, 2016

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

New Leaf posted:

Finally got to see the episode about Bulma's sagging tits, which is strange to bring up since they've given her a much more lithe build than she had in DBZ.

Ok I skipped quite a while because I didn't really need to see the movies again, but what.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

projecthalaxy posted:

Ok I skipped quite a while because I didn't really need to see the movies again, but what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_UsORm-CPw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_IxlrHWBrU

Enjoy :)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

These last few episodes have been great, Vegeta's the coolest dude ever.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

Basically, what Dragon Ball media is "canon" is really a fan-made distinction. I think someone noted earlier, when talking about how powers and setting elements work, that Toriyama, unlike later shonen mangaka, isn't really a nerd. He doesn't care about the concept of "canon," because it's just not how he thinks.

I mean, you're making statements based on translation of an ambiguous statement, and a voice actors comments. So GT is canon

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Considering they advertise GT stuff and Super stuff in games like Heroes, I assume the Japanese plain do not care what is "canon" and just want as many characters and Super Saiyan forms as possible.

Also Cabba best Saiyan. The latest episode was pretty cute and I am glad he really is just a good guy. They also seem to be implying he's Universe 6's equivalent of Vegeta which is pretty silly. I notice the opening implied he would use a lot more energy based kicking though, so the fact that he didn't do any of that was kind of disappointing.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Momomo posted:

Considering they advertise GT stuff and Super stuff in games like Heroes, I assume the Japanese plain do not care what is "canon" and just want as many characters and Super Saiyan forms as possible.

Also Cabba best Saiyan. The latest episode was pretty cute and I am glad he really is just a good guy. They also seem to be implying he's Universe 6's equivalent of Vegeta which is pretty silly. I notice the opening implied he would use a lot more energy based kicking though, so the fact that he didn't do any of that was kind of disappointing.

There saving that for Saiyan saga 2.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Namtab posted:

I mean, you're making statements based on translation of an ambiguous statement, and a voice actors comments. So GT is canon

The only canon in Dragon Ball is the Makankosappo and it's better for it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can just assume gt and/or super are both alternate timelines like future trunks if it helps. toriyama himself probably doesn't care. super contradicts gt, but it's not like plotholes never happen in dragon ball

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
The only thing that is canon is that Hit is God Tier Tao.

He probably had a pink trench coat somewhere that has "HIT YOU!!" on it.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Covok posted:

There is neither a Japan or America in DBZ.

Then explain me the ninja holding the American Flag...

Or Groucho Marx in an old west town!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I like how Frost has been on the sidelines for like 3 episodes just sulking like a child on punishment. Not even trying to keep up the facade anymore. Frieza would never do that! He'd be arrogant to the end.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

RBX posted:

I like how Frost has been on the sidelines for like 3 episodes just sulking like a child on punishment. Not even trying to keep up the facade anymore. Frieza would never do that! He'd be arrogant to the end.

I figure the got so hosed up by Hit that he doesn't even know what to do anymore.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i thought frost was just unconscious and hit propped him up against the couch

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the next storyline will be goku and vegeta pulling a Weekend At Bernies with frost's unconscious body as they ineptly run his space empire into the ground

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RBX posted:

frieza would have found a way to get himself killed by now. hosed up but true: frieza has died more times than yamcha

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I want the King of Planet Salad to be Universe 6's equivalent of Bardock, just to give Vegeta an aneurysm.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

frieza would have found a way to get himself killed by now. hosed up but true: frieza has died more times than yamcha

How do you figure? Frieza was only killed by Future Trunks and Goku. Yamcha was killed by a Saibaman, Majin Buu, and Frieza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Raxivace posted:

How do you figure? Frieza was only killed by Future Trunks and Goku. Yamcha was killed by a Saibaman, Majin Buu, and Frieza.

Yamcha never even met Frieza.

He did, however, get a really bad handjob from Dr. Gero. :v:

• Locked thread