Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Nihilarian posted:

I hope we'll be able to play dress-up in FFXV

Being able to play dress up barbie would make this a day one purchase no doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BreakAtmo posted:

I'm betting they're already making the PS4 version, but it isn't out yet because the game is basically incomplete. Right now we just have 15 heroes and no story mode. They're likely using the arcade version as a sort of paid, extended beta test, and once they've gotten the villain slate in there and made the story mode, along with incremental gameplay improvements based on feedback, that's when the PS4 version will come.

i seem to recall seeing that they were aiming for around 50 characters total, so idk how long that will take. probably the ps4 version will launch with fewer and the rest will be dlc

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Gologle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcznlgYNPZk

I take it back, I take it all back. I had my reservations about making a more upscaled Dissidia game, I thought the game worked perfect on the PSP and I was worried that the move would ruin it, but this is everything I wanted. The basic gameplay is still there, the fundamentals are still there, and everything looks phenomenal. I want this. I want to play this. Square, start making the port for this.

Did Leviathan revert the Coerthas Highlands back to it's pre-Calamity self? :psyduck:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Gologle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcznlgYNPZk

I take it back, I take it all back. I had my reservations about making a more upscaled Dissidia game, I thought the game worked perfect on the PSP and I was worried that the move would ruin it, but this is everything I wanted. The basic gameplay is still there, the fundamentals are still there, and everything looks phenomenal. I want this. I want to play this. Square, start making the port for this.

It looks like Dissidia; gorgeous and flashy and I have no idea what's going on. I remember struggling with the second one's controls a bit.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It looks like Dissidia; gorgeous and flashy and I have no idea what's going on.

If you understand what's going on in a Dissidia game you're doing something wrong.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am looking forward to leading my team as a representative of Lightining-Sama

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Purge all who do not represent Lightning.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe they should do the Theatrhythm thing where you can have a team with both Lightning and Lightning Returns Lightning

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Three-man team of L'Cie Eclair "Lightning" Farron, Armored Warrior Goddess of Valhalla and Servant of Etro Lightning, and True Savior Servant of Nobody gently caress You God-Dad Lightning.

Waldean
Apr 27, 2005

PunkBoy posted:

Did Leviathan revert the Coerthas Highlands back to it's pre-Calamity self? :psyduck:

Isn't that Xarcabard?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Augus posted:

Three-man team of L'Cie Eclair "Lightning" Farron, Armored Warrior Goddess of Valhalla and Servant of Etro Lightning, and True Savior Servant of Nobody gently caress You God-Dad Lightning.

May I please use Resident of France, Earth Lightning and Louis Vuitton Supermodel Lightning as summons for this team?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Waldean posted:

Isn't that Xarcabard?

Could be! Coerthas was the only snowy area I recalled besides Mt. Gagazette at the moment. :shobon:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's Narshe Cliffs.

The XI stage will probably be a sandy hill with crabs everywhere. Or Promyvion or Reisenjima or something.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Terper posted:

THE CHAIRSHIP

Fyp

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Well, it's coming out in a few months. FF7R is still nebulous.

The first episode of ff7R will come out in 2017 unless they catastrophically gently caress something up

Also re the demo, I think it's fun and whimsical but the camera is still a bit janky. I'm hoping that, as they did with duscae, they listen to the feedback and take it to heart. I went to see if there were any copies of the special collectors editions last night because I'm dumb with money but was saved by my tardiness. They are wait listing people tho so maybe they'll release more :v:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Kalenn Istarion posted:

The first episode of ff7R will come out in 2017 unless they catastrophically gently caress something up
The nebulosity is what the gently caress does first episode even mean.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

zedprime posted:

I keep hoping it's up through Junon, but watch it not even make it out of Midgar. I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

CeallaSo posted:

I keep hoping it's up through Junon, but watch it not even make it out of Midgar. I honestly wouldn't be surprised.
FFIV TAY was, what, three dungeons per episode or so? Four max? Midgar was a good chunk of disc 1...I could see it maybe ending with the events at the top of the Shinra building, with episode 2 starting with the descent and motorcycle chase?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The game up til them leaving Midgar is really loving long, longer than a lot of modern rpgs.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

zedprime posted:

the Mako Reactor

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

FFIV TAY was, what, three dungeons per episode or so? Four max? Midgar was a good chunk of disc 1...I could see it maybe ending with the events at the top of the Shinra building, with episode 2 starting with the descent and motorcycle chase?

That's what I'm thinking too, the 1v1 with Rufus would be a nice final battle for the episode too.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Tae posted:

The game up til them leaving Midgar is really loving long, longer than a lot of modern rpgs.
It feels like it in memory, but its like 4 hours if you book it, 6 hours if you know what you're doing, maybe 8 the first time ever.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

zedprime posted:

It feels like it in memory, but its like 4 hours if you book it, 6 hours if you know what you're doing, maybe 8 the first time ever.

Yeah, I'm at Costa on my Steam copy where I can barely remember anything and my total play time is 9 hours. It's really not that long.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

watching other videos it looks like the stage visually changes once a team gets down to one stock

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

It took me like 5-6 hours my first time through the game. A lot happens but it isn't actually very long.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Now, granted, they could very easily extend the Midgar opening and I'd actually be totally okay with that. If we had the story stay there for a bit longer, go to other sectors, maybe even have a new sub plot to mark this apart from the original. I am normally against ADDING more to a narrative, but let's face it, Midgar was one of the most unique settings the series has ever put out, and most people who talk about FFVII cite the beginning section as among their favorite moments. It'd be nice to see that expanded upon. Maybe have some time to just explore the city. If the first episode of the game is basically a pseudo life-sized model of Midgar full of sidequests and adventures and poo poo, it'd be literally the best thing ever.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Add a Biggs, Wedge, and Jess romance option and expand the romance option with Barret and make it a slice of life game that happens to have turn based psuedo-actionRPG elements in it and BOOM, I've just created a full length game where you never have to leave Midgar. Basically just make it Persona. Persona is a perfect game series, there's no shame in emulating it.

It'll add pathos when AVALANCHE all die except Barret if you were just about to kiss Jesse under the light of the moon that you can't actually see in Sector Seven because of the plate but shhhhhhh, dramatic scene but then she dies because of Shinra. 10/10 video game, can't wait for episode 2.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I mean it looks like they're making Midgar bigger with more to explore so that could suggest it taking up more game time than it used to.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Chapter 1 will introduce a new character, a floating miniature bomb named "Bombo", which force tutorializes all of the game systems on you. That part alone takes about 11 hours.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Saint Freak posted:

Chapter 1 will introduce a new character, a floating miniature bomb named "Bombo", which force tutorializes all of the game systems on you. That part alone takes about 11 hours.
Its easy to tell this is a lie because Cloud is the tutorial teacher.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

zedprime posted:

Its easy to tell this is a lie because Cloud is the tutorial teacher.

Uh no? You're playing as a new pre-teen character meant to appeal to the younger demographic. Cloud's story is disk 2.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Gologle posted:

Add a Biggs, Wedge, and Jess romance option and expand the romance option with Barret and make it a slice of life game that happens to have turn based psuedo-actionRPG elements in it and BOOM, I've just created a full length game where you never have to leave Midgar. Basically just make it Persona. Persona is a perfect game series, there's no shame in emulating it.

It'll add pathos when AVALANCHE all die except Barret if you were just about to kiss Jesse under the light of the moon that you can't actually see in Sector Seven because of the plate but shhhhhhh, dramatic scene but then she dies because of Shinra. 10/10 video game, can't wait for episode 2.

Wel, legitimately it'd be great to see AVALANCHE doing its thing for a few more missions. Make them about keeping peace in the slums and dealing with Shinra oppression, all building up to the raid on the second reactor. Hell, maybe have sidequest lines that could directly help or hinder the final mission, and have the plate falling be the halfway point of the whole episode, catapulting you towards Aerith and a whole different part of town.

I dunno, they could do a lot of poo poo and I really really loving hope they aren't spending all their time and money making flashy recreations of "classic" FF7 scenes. This game should strive to be groundbreaking.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Just replace everyone with Sephiroth Cloud Lightning.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I have no doubt that Midgar will be expanded since i believe they already said they'd do that, but I also think they'll go beyond that. It's far too small a part of the story to take up an entire part. Each part is supposed to be the size of a full $60 game with the price to match - they just announced that the main FFXV story is about 50 hours, and it's set in a big open landmass. I think the first installment will go to Junon - it means the world is the first continent, and with some expansion the amount of story should be fine for the first in a trilogy.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

BreakAtmo posted:

I have no doubt that Midgar will be expanded since i believe they already said they'd do that, but I also think they'll go beyond that. It's far too small a part of the story to take up an entire part. Each part is supposed to be the size of a full $60 game with the price to match - they just announced that the main FFXV story is about 50 hours, and it's set in a big open landmass. I think the first installment will go to Junon - it means the world is the first continent, and with some expansion the amount of story should be fine for the first in a trilogy.

I'd go a little further. Jenova BIRTH would be a fitting final boss for Chapter 1.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I'd go a little further. Jenova BIRTH would be a fitting final boss for Chapter 1.

That's really the only other climactic moment to do so, although personally, I'd end it right as they left Midgar, having had Midgar as an open-world city. Then, the next episode would be a big sprawling fields sort of environment as you cross two continents, say four large zones each. That one would climax at the Temple of Ancients and introduce the Gold Saucer too. That's actually an awful lot of content.

Well, we don't even know what sort of price point they plan to place on these episodes. Do they really plan to charge sixty bucks for a single episode?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

That's really the only other climactic moment to do so, although personally, I'd end it right as they left Midgar, having had Midgar as an open-world city. Then, the next episode would be a big sprawling fields sort of environment as you cross two continents, say four large zones each. That one would climax at the Temple of Ancients and introduce the Gold Saucer too. That's actually an awful lot of content.

Well, we don't even know what sort of price point they plan to place on these episodes. Do they really plan to charge sixty bucks for a single episode?

yes

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Detheros posted:

Just replace everyone with Sephiroth Cloud Lightning.

this but with squall

"so the planet's dyin'"
"... whatever"

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If that's the case, then I absolutely stand by my reasoning that Midgar should be a significant chunk of content, but it would be foolish to base an entire full length game on it. In that case;

MarquiseMindfang posted:

This is probably the perfect cliffhanger point. It's a climactic fight, you have a whole continent plus a lot of Midgar for content, and honestly, the first continent is so boring that they could and should rewrite the whole thing into a more dynamic experience and I'd be happy. The Midgar Zolom is going to look sicknasty in super HD.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

and honestly, the first continent is so boring that they could and should rewrite the whole thing into a more dynamic experience and I'd be happy. The Midgar Zolom is going to look sicknasty in super HD.

What, you're saying you didn't like Fort Condor and aren't looking forward to seeing it in glorious HD?

Also why the gently caress is the superpower with planes and missile launchers and super soldiers being thwarted by medieval weapons. gently caress, catapults and "stoners" and crossbows were antiquated by medieval times, weren't they? I never thought about this until my latest run of FFVII because I hate that damned minigame and never think about it. But now I have thought about it, I hate it even more.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

NikkolasKing posted:

Also why the gently caress is the superpower with planes and missile launchers and and super soldiers being thwarted by medieval weapons.

Because if they blow up the reactor that the resistance fighters are living under/on, they don't get their huge materia. Also, they do send a supersoldier! You fought the General before, right?

honestly they probably didn't even put as much thought into it as we did between the two of us just now