Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Clocks posted:

Key word in my post was "attempted," I'm not surprised that you failed even at leeching. Nor am I surprised that you can't keep a waifu.

Are we posting witch pics?

#noshame :allears:

You bought that and you gave me poo poo about the sorceress lumik outfit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

central posted:

What quest?

Zizi posted:

But don't detail what the quest is or anything. :v:

Fish for Villagers

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

Wait that isn't a random sorceress? :eyepop:

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Snatch Duster posted:

Uh no, never gave anyone poo poo about outfits, especially sorceresses. :confused:

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Clocks posted:

Key word in my post was "attempted," I'm not surprised that you failed even at leeching. Nor am I surprised that you can't keep a waifu.

Are we posting witch pics?

#noshame :allears:

gently caress, that's a nice shot.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Might be useable, might be total garbage.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shalhavet posted:

Might be useable, might be total garbage.

It's a pretty solid gear guide though outside of weapons frankly there is a shitload of crossover when it comes to BiS gear items across classes.

I used that exact same chart a while back when I was looking for guidance and had no clue what the "good" item names even were.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
Besides gender, what's the difference between witch and wizard?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

central posted:

Besides gender, what's the difference between witch and wizard?

Currently there's absolutely no difference, however the awakening weapons were announced yesterday and wizard has fire/water orbs and witch has lightning/earth orbs. What that actually means is anyone's guess.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Anyone know of or have compiled a list of quests that are worth doing between 1 and 50? Aside from the spirit quests of course. Those that reward either notable gear, mounts, or what not?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Look at the picture again and at the goblins

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
With a lot of luck I came across a bit of silver.

How should I go about pulling an adventure capitalist ponzi scheme and putting that silver to work to generate even more silver?

Should i buy better armor/weapons and grind mobs?
Is investment banking worth it ?
Is there anything that requires a substantial start-up capital?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

How much money do you have?

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

kalstrams posted:

How much money do you have?

A little over 50M right now. Got lucky with an ogre ring drop and I was dirt poor before the sale so I want to utilize this opportunity the best I can.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Well,

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

LordAdakos posted:

With a lot of luck I came across a bit of silver.

How should I go about pulling an adventure capitalist ponzi scheme and putting that silver to work to generate even more silver?

Should i buy better armor/weapons and grind mobs?
Is investment banking worth it ?
Is there anything that requires a substantial start-up capital?

Investment banking is terrible, just use the money to buy some better gear and hold on to the rest.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
i don't know what timg is.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

i don't know what timg is.
That's a sad posting career.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

No reason for that to be a timg.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
So I looked online and not many people had an idea about the DAMAGE CALCULATION.

From what I can tell it is in y=mx+b format where x is Attacker AP - Defender DP and b is 5 or 6. The actual formula looks closer to this.

Damage done = (Percentage damage of skill * ((0.025*(Attack AP - Defender DP)) + 5)) - Damage reduction

So the larger the difference of AP and DP is more damage and linear. Damage reduction only helps the defender if you have a lot more DP than they have AP, like a difference of 40.

The current highest AP and DP seems to be around 140 so if you are not at least 100 DP you will get really hard.

Datawise I used kick and slash from warrior which do 130% and 100% damage and gather sets for 8 different DPs with constant AP in groups of 5. We expected a 30% difference but got a 22% difference from the formulas. We tested someone else who used a 100% attack skill and got the correct damage from it. The other problem we may of had was using low damage skills and some what low ap so the damage that came out was low.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 3, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

The current highest AP and DP seems to be around 140 so if you are not at least 100 DP you will get really hard.
I'm not sure about other classes, but well equipped ranger at the moment will be something like 150 AP and and 180 DP completely unbuffed.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Some guy's Accuracy testing

tl;dr

quote:

...DP is absolutely relevant in determining your Hit Rate...
...if the Accuracy Remains fixed, increasing your DP by X% will increase your “dodge” rate by X%...
...different classes [might] have different “natural” Evasion stats...
...[however, from item bonus] It is very possible that Evasion as a whole is currently messed up...
...I can reliably state that Accuracy does NOT contribute to your Armor Penetration...
...it is safe to assume that AP does NOT affect your Hit Rate...
Accuracy overcomes the misses that would happen from higher DP.
Oh, and it is possible that Accuracy is an inherent stat that grows as people level, based on level hit rates, but that's pretty speculative right now.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

They really need some kind of diminishing return from massively outgearing someone. I watched a sorceress stand still and type "LOL" while 3 level 50's unloaded on her. She then turnt up and killed at least 6 players in about a minute, including myself.
It's like you are either +15 or you are worthless garbage in a fight. I have a +12 Yuria and managed a Fireball + Explosion + Lightning + Residual Lightning combo before she turned her attention to me, and took off about...... 15% of her health.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Evil_Greven posted:

Some guy's Accuracy testing

tl;dr

Accuracy overcomes the misses that would happen from higher DP.
Oh, and it is possible that Accuracy is an inherent stat that grows as people level, based on level hit rates, but that's pretty speculative right now.
This whole "research" is "pretty speculative".

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LegalPad posted:

It's like you are either +15 or you are worthless garbage in a fight.
This has already been known for a year, that gear is one of the more important factors in PvP. We might get some balance update in some far and fantastic future, in this regard, but I wouldn't bet on it since it took Koreans ~9 months to figure out that stunlocking class is not a great idea.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
A fair point.

It sucks that we can't even see the stats for Accuracy or Evasion, or weapon enhancement stats.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Evil_Greven posted:

A fair point.

It sucks that we can't even see the stats for Accuracy or Evasion, or weapon enhancement stats.
There is some decent criticism on this research in the reddit thread it was originally posted in.

And yeah, I couldn't agree more with the pettiness of hidden stat bullshit. Say, Russians guess that +15 Liverto had 30 hidden accuracy, while Kzarka has 50, but this is very much a voodoo science with the amount of hard data we have, i.e. "it lands hits better". Same global damage modifiers, for instance - I do not think I have ever seen more than a vague guess on how they could possibly be working.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Imagine a future where we know what accuracy does and how much of it we have.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Is there a trapped post?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

kalstrams posted:

This has already been known for a year, that gear is one of the more important factors in PvP. We might get some balance update in some far and fantastic future, in this regard, but I wouldn't bet on it since it took Koreans ~9 months to figure out that stunlocking class is not a great idea.

I'm not at all surprised by it, but I do think it's a major low point of the game. The price for entry into PVP shouldn't be a monumental gear grind.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Look what I caught, too bad its only worth 1.2k silver

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5OK35VLggA
Something I stumbled on...

Acquiring jewelry similar to Witch's Earring / Mark of Shadow.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Anyone used AHK/AutoIt to afk gather certain resources overnight as opposed to just fishing? Or does the xign thing catch and block it immediately?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

If anyone was trying to figure out a amity thing for the Hidel Blacksmith for Taritas pieces. It's probably not the most amity but its one of the safest. I think I average around ~185 amity a go.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If we are sharing our pretty princesses here is my main, Dusters the Sorceress

Not seen in this picture is two additional hawks circle around.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Apr 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Snatch Duster posted:

If we are sharing our pretty princesses here is my main, Dusters the Sorceress

Not seen in this picture is two additional hawks circle around.

Ask for your money back. They forgot the rest of your clothes.