Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

How can you be trapped in paradise?

For your own protection. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

There already are tons of gundam wargames but they're all hex and chit and from the 80s. They rule.

Tsukuda Hobby put them out and they are complicated as hell but supremely cool.

Yoshiyuki Takani did the art for a lot of the covers.

They all looked like this when you started playing, since Tsukuda Hobby based a lot of games around the same hex and chit style.

A lot of the games started off with way less units though, that one is a simulation of all the forces present at the end of the one year war, during the final battle of A Baoa Qu

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Shouldn't the Zeta ground combat one near the end say Karaba instead of A.E.U.G? Since Karaba were their Earth based counterpart.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Neato! I'm surprised Fortress isn't named Solomon or A Baua Qu. Also I love how derpy Char's Zaku looks in Close Fight.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I wnat to play Jabro II aka Jabroni

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

muike posted:

I wnat to play Jabro II aka Jabroni

fukkkkkkkkkkkkk

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

they actually reprinted jaburo recently but I dunno if you can still buy.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Those are cool, thank you for posting them Sharky.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Tsukuda Hobby put them out and they are complicated as hell but supremely cool.

Yoshiyuki Takani did the art for a lot of the covers.

They all looked like this when you started playing, since Tsukuda Hobby based a lot of games around the same hex and chit style.

A lot of the games started off with way less units though, that one is a simulation of all the forces present at the end of the one year war, during the final battle of A Baoa Qu

Thank you for this post!

Offhand I'd imagine these play similarly to the Ghiren's Greed series, though they probably aren't as complex since tabletop games of that era expect you to do the math yourself. Not that it stopped Star Fleet Battles or Advanced Squad Leader of the same epoch from being crazy.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Man, that's some pretty box art.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I don't play board games but the art for each of those made me really want to play them

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is there gonna be a thread for Unicorn?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Is there gonna be a thread for Unicorn?

There shouldn't be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It seems like a Unicorn thread wouldn't have much to say considering it's a 80% straight adaptation and it can't really be a good starting point for newcomers considering Unicorn is UC Minutia: The Series

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

If you read the general mecha thread or check the first page regularly you might already be aware of this, but there's gonna be a combined bakemonogatari/patlabor simulwatch starting next week here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770059.

If you enjoy Gundam but you're hankering for robots of a different flavor or want to generally expand your anime horizons I encourage you to check it out!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Droyer posted:

If you read the general mecha thread or check the first page regularly you might already be aware of this, but there's gonna be a combined bakemonogatari/patlabor simulwatch starting next week here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770059.

If you enjoy Gundam but you're hankering for robots of a different flavor or want to generally expand your anime horizons I encourage you to check it out!

Interesting, thanks for the heads up :).

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Wait, so where is Thunderbolt 3? Is it delayed?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

OP and ED were pretty as hell for Unicorn v2. It was pretty funny how they spoiled a good chunk of the deaths in it though. Oh well, at least they confirmed that my best friend Jesta Cannon will be in this one.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

TARDISman posted:

OP and ED were pretty as hell for Unicorn v2. It was pretty funny how they spoiled a good chunk of the deaths in it though. Oh well, at least they confirmed that my best friend Jesta Cannon will be in this one.

Why wouldn't it be? it was in the OVA.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Droyer posted:

Why wouldn't it be? it was in the OVA.

I don't remember it actually doing anything apart from landing on a dude on Earth who was eating Doritos or some poo poo.

EDIT: oh wait, it blew up the Garencieres didn't it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
is there any reason for me to watch re0096 if im literally watching the ova right now

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

muike posted:

is there any reason for me to watch re0096 if im literally watching the ova right now

Eventually maybe? Right now it's literally the same thing as episode 1, but with the whole "Unicorn activation" bit at the beginning for some reason.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
They put it at the beginning because otherwise it wouldn't happen until the end of episode 3, lol

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How long is the TV run supposed to be?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

26 episodes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Unless they somehow unfridge Marida, no, it's not worth watching.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'm probably going to watch it all since I haven't seen Unicorn in at least a year and I enjoyed the music and animation at least.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I wouldn't mind them explaining what the gently caress full frontal was supposed to be, because they never explained that at all in the ova's.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I was always fine with not having his backstory elaborated on. It didn't matter to me.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
he's the shadow to char's sonic

faker? you're the only fake char around here

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Srice posted:

I was always fine with not having his backstory elaborated on. It didn't matter to me.

His whole deal is he threw away whoever he was to become a vessel for the will of the people so us not knowing anything about him is only appropriate.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
There's a lot about Unicorn that's really corny but I really really appreciated them showing more of the civilian side of Zeon in Palau in episode 2, and Marida gave a pretty good explanation of what's so appealing about the legacy of Zeon to spacenoids. I also don't recall the whole issue of Spacenoid suffrage coming up before, but it's very fitting for the setting.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Droyer posted:

His whole deal is he threw away whoever he was to become a vessel for the will of the people so us not knowing anything about him is only appropriate.

Yeah exactly.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MonsieurChoc posted:

Unless they somehow unfridge Marida, no, it's not worth watching.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

muike posted:

They put it at the beginning because otherwise it wouldn't happen until the end of episode 3, lol

more graceful than what happened with Victory, at least

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Revitalized posted:

Wait, so where is Thunderbolt 3? Is it delayed?

My understanding is that it aired and just nobody captured it for subs. Seems weird but that's what I was told.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Anonymous Robot posted:

My understanding is that it aired and just nobody captured it for subs. Seems weird but that's what I was told.

That is so... Weird.

I wasn't aware that something like that could happen.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I laughed my rear end off at RE:0096 having the Neo Zeong in the goddamn opening. This is supposed to serve to introduce the show to a new audience who aren't necessarily crazy OVA-buying Gundam fans, isn't it?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The only people who will care about Re0096 already know about the neo zeong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Revitalized posted:

That is so... Weird.

I wasn't aware that something like that could happen.

You see the same five or six names posting ALL the new stuff. I think there were only one or two doing Thunderbolt, and if they were both gone or had a power outage or something, it's plausible.