Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Huh, Patchworm's pattern matches her glasses. That implies that it's inside those, not her. Does she have a second spirit causing the glowing eyes, or...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Turns out her discolored sclera is just jaundice.

Physician, heal thyself.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The surprise here isn't that Spender's managed to mess up another friendship, but rather that he and Zarei (or really anyone) were ever close enough friends for him to mess it up.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dolash posted:

The surprise here isn't that Spender's managed to mess up another friendship, but rather that he and Zarei (or really anyone) were ever close enough friends for him to mess it up.

Why are you assuming that Spender messed this one up when Patchworm is talking as if it's Zarai who's the cause?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I find it likely that they're friends and share some bad habits, like being badass loner self-destructive anime maniacs.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Why are you assuming that Spender messed this one up when Patchworm is talking as if it's Zarai who's the cause?

Because, let's be honest here, Spender ruins everything he touches because he is Richard Spender.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Mystic Mongol posted:

I find it likely that they're friends and share some bad habits, like being badass loner self-destructive anime maniacs.

And preferring their spectacles possessed.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yeah it's pretty clear that they both beefed it, whatever "it" is

This anti-Spender rhetoric has got to stop

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

karmicknight posted:

Because, let's be honest here, Spender ruins everything he touches because he is Richard Spender.

These April Fools jokes are getting worse every year.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
patchhweeyerm

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Ha, man Isaac is easy to read isn't he. I wonder what information Zarei could trade him for what she wants to know.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I appreciate the duality of both of them being idiots with spirits who desperate try to help them to stop sabotaging themselves.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Ha, man Isaac is easy to read isn't he. I wonder what information Zarei could trade him for what she wants to know.

Honestly the way Spender's stonewalled him on basic poo poo for no reason, a fact confirmed by Boss Leader, makes him just about the easiest double-agent recruitment ever. Zarei could give him a drip-feed of basic facts about the nature of spirits and non-critical knowledge about the Consortium's mere existence and get anything she might want to know about the Activity Club in return. Hell, Isaac's this close to selling Spender out on spite alone.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Cheston posted:

patchhweeyerm
Nothing against the page but I liked this most of all.

I also like how Patchwheeyerm seems like a pretty nice spirit even though they look so intimidating and mysterious. Especially the way they speak.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

is there a single adult spectral in this comic that doesn't have some kind of agenda

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
presumably some of grandpa's students

push it out to "supernatural human" and starchman undoubtedly counts

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Fecha posted:

Nothing against the page but I liked this most of all.

I also like how Patchwheeyerm seems like a pretty nice spirit even though they look so intimidating and mysterious. Especially the way they speak.

Agreed on both points.

Simsmagic posted:

is there a single adult spectral in this comic that doesn't have some kind of agenda

Where would be the fun in that?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Cheston posted:

patchhweeyerm

goddammit

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Patchworm looks like a middle stage of a Bug Pokemon evolution line.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

chrysalis looks like chrysalis, more on this breaking story shortly

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I wonder if patchhweeyerm just looks like that or if they did actually used to be a hweeyerm and are currently metamorphosing.

Also I wonder if Spender and Zarei met during the formation of an all-glasses spectral team.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Apr 2, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What's wrong?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Splicer posted:

I wonder if patchhweeyerm just looks like that or if they did actually used to be a hweeyerm and are currently metamorphosing.

Also I wonder if Spender and Zarei met during the formation of an all-glasses spectral team.

That seems like it'd be a good Sentai show.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why do you all keep talking about anime

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

why do you all keep talking about anime

Why do people talk about anime in the Paranatural thread, a webcomic that just finished an arc that was an extended homage to a bunch of different anime.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Paranatural is an anime comic.

Also sentai isn't anime.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Mina is very dangerously close to being confirmed as basically being a female spender that doesn't screw up the illusion of being cool and brooding nearly as often.

Also interesting is how Patchworm uses "still" when describing her connection with Spender, implying that there was some kind of event which probably strained it a bit. It'll be interesting to see if Zarei's response elaborates on this a bit.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Paranatural is an anime comic.

Also sentai isn't anime.

I don't think you actually know what anime means

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

I don't think you actually know what anime means

Anime is a state of being, and Paranatural is being anime.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

Anime is a state of being, and Paranatural is being anime.

Everything in Pranatural can also be found in Power Rangers in equal abundance. So it's either all anime, or none of it is.

You nerds can't even use your own terms right.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

Everything in Pranatural can also be found in Power Rangers in equal abundance. So it's either all anime, or none of it is.

You nerds can't even use your own terms right.

i mean ed has a literal jojo stand for a tool spirit and the hitball arc is HxH's volleyball match with Naruto BS interspaced

also isaac

it's pretty anime, nerd

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

it's pretty anime, nerd

So's Power Rangers.

The term you're looking for is shounen*.

*Trap sprung

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

VerdantSquire posted:

Mina is very dangerously close to being confirmed as basically being a female spender that doesn't screw up the illusion of being cool and brooding nearly as often.

this is only because we don't see her interacting with middle school kids who talk like world-weary adults all the time

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Also his coolness is not an illusion its real

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Slowly rereading the whole comic so that I could follow along with this thread was an excellent use of my last couple months.

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000

Simsmagic posted:

I imagine relatively balanced people don't generally end up becoming spectrals and the messed up experiences you have AFTER you become one sort of compound in on themselves as you get older.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, realistically, this is probably the most psychologically messed up collection of kids and guardians since Persona 3.

(Who, as a reminder, summon their stands by shooting themselves in the head.)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

FriggenJ posted:

I imagine relatively balanced people don't generally end up becoming spectrals and the messed up experiences you have AFTER you become one sort of compound in on themselves as you get older.

Unless you just really like citrus.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Tunicate posted:

Unless you just really like citrus.

FriggenJ posted:

relatively balanced people don't generally end up becoming spectrals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Johnny Jhonny is a perfectly balanced individual. :colbert: